The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

The Official Jameis Winston Thread

Post by Doctor »

You sick fucks thought you got out of it? You know you want it.

Edit:

Last edited by Doctor on Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digital_Damage

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by Digital_Damage »

who?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

He looked good. That interception he threw shouldn't have been overturned by that Roughing penalty, but that's neither here nor there. Even if he threw a pick, throwing for five touchdowns in the NFL is not easy.

We all know he can look good for short periods. The issue is and always has been, can he sustain a high level of play instead of regressing to a bumbling turnover machine?

We shall see.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Sean Payton and the defense did a great job today protecting Jameis from himself.

If they can get 170yds rushing and play lights out on defense they will be tough to beat.

Jameis looked a little quicker on his feet out there
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Against the team that hosted the NFCCG last year. Can't sleep on the Saints. And that was without Michael Thomas.
Snake

Post by Snake »

He looks good in those Saints unis.

The bastard.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

As ridiculous as this thread is, dammit there's no denying that offense looked dangerous. That entire team looked dangerous. And yes, Winston looked like a #1 overall pick. Even if he only had 20 attempts.

That said, bigger story for me is Rodgers. He's done in GB. They know it. He knows it. Everyone knows it.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

The impressive thing there is 5 TD passes on under 150 yards passing.

I didn't see the game, so this is pure speculation by myself. That stat line looks like a guy who wasn't driving the offense but was making good decisions when needed. That's the stat line of a guy who had 170 yards rushing and multiple very short fields provided by his defense.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Outlier. He will be who he’s always been.

I pity the fool that believes the hype.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Dread wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:20 pm Sean Payton and the defense did a great job today protecting Jameis from himself.

If they can get 170yds rushing and play lights out on defense they will be tough to beat.

Jameis looked a little quicker on his feet out there
this.

jameis was masterfully managed by payton today and the saints’ running game opened up a very simplistic passing game for jameis: lots of screens and quick outs. the interception that was reversed was quintessential jameis attempting to force a throw into double coverage.

the saints looked good today and will be a tough team this year. however, i like our chances due to favorable matchups and the jameis factor. our run defense won’t allow 170yds, which will demand more from jameis, in order to keep up with our high scoring offense. bowles will dial up some nicely disguised coverages, while consistently bringing pressure from different looks and places. we’ve seen this movie more than a few times and it doesn’t end well.
Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Fuck Jameis Squintston.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 pm Outlier. He will be who he’s always been.

Don't be the person who pretends to know what to expect from him in a completely different city, team, system, and situation.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:03 am
Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 pm Outlier. He will be who he’s always been.

Don't be the person who pretends to know what to expect from him in a completely different city, team, system, and situation.
What do you mean. He's always been this guy, even at Florida State. He just had an easier time getting away with his act against college talent.
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

bahamian:bucfan
SAT AUG 28, 2021 9:49 AM

Good morning everyone.
I want to go on record to say that Jameis will have a solid year with the saints. I see him being a very good qb for them going forward. I will also say that his latter part of his career is going to be much better than his former ( just like Mr Brees).

God bless you all
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote the above at buczone. As you see, I wrote that August 28th, 2021.

I am truly rooting for Jamais and I expect him to play well all season.
Max

Post by Max »

He threw for 148 yards. One of his TDs came off a touch pass and basically was a run, another one came after he threw a pick that was negated by a bad roughing call.

Give the Saints credit for a great overall performance. They’re still an average at best overall football team without any starting level receivers (with Thomas out) and a bad quarterback.

The Packers laid an egg on both sides of the ball, that should be the main story here.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:34 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:03 am

What do you mean. He's always been this guy, even at Florida State. He just had an easier time getting away with his act against college talent.
You know who else was always "that guy"? Drew Brees. Oh wait! You know who else? Matthew Stafford. Hmmmm so was Peyton Manning. I could go on but the point is QBs develop their game over time. Not all but some do. They break old habits. Start new ones. And often times it's about finding the right fit. For Brees it wasn't in San Diego. Hell it was looking problematic in New Orleans for a while. Don't forget the guy literally had a running meme saying "I like you, here's an interception". Stafford has struggled with damn near everything. Production, turnovers, winning. But people seem to think all of that will go away in Los Angeles despite 12 years of him being "that guy". And everyone knows Peyton and his problems with turnovers. I'm not saying Winston is guaranteed to turn a corner. I'm just saying stop pretending players stay exactly the same from the moment they 1st pick up a football until the time they retire. If that were the case there would be no need for coaches because you'd know they wouldn't be changing or developing anything.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Happy to see him have such a good first game. But I won't be the least bit surprised if he kept doing it or regressed to the mean we saw here. I just wish we Buc fans got to see more games like this
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:48 am
Terry Tate wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:34 am

You know who else was always "that guy"? Drew Brees. Oh wait! You know who else? Matthew Stafford. Hmmmm so was Peyton Manning. I could go on but the point is QBs develop their game over time. Not all but some do. They break old habits. Start new ones. And often times it's about finding the right fit. For Brees it wasn't in San Diego. Hell it was looking problematic in New Orleans for a while. Don't forget the guy literally had a running meme saying "I like you, here's an interception". Stafford has struggled with damn near everything. Production, turnovers, winning. But people seem to think all of that will go away in Los Angeles despite 12 years of him being "that guy". And everyone knows Peyton and his problems with turnovers. I'm not saying Winston is guaranteed to turn a corner. I'm just saying stop pretending players stay exactly the same from the moment they 1st pick up a football until the time they retire. If that were the case there would be no need for coaches because you'd know they wouldn't be changing or developing anything.
I know you keep referring to Stafford as that guy, but he wasn't in Detriot. As you pointed to when you defended Winston, wins are a team stat.

Stafford's real stats, advanced stats, and game film show an elite or borderline elite QB on an awful team. Since 2014 he's been consistently really good. If you watched his LA debut, they showed that since he's been in the league the average his defense gave up was almost 30 points per game. That's crazy to continuously point to his W/L record despite having bad offensive lines, run games, defenses, and coaching for his entire tenure there.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Jameis didn't have a completion over 17yds until 10min left in the game when the Saints had 31-3 lead already.

In fact at that point in the 4th Quarter he still had less than 100yds passing.

So yeah, he was managed well.

Saints had 140yds rushing in the 1st half alone and the defense obviously played great.

We did get a glimpse of bone head Jameis when he threw a redzone INT with the score 24-3. But he got bailed out by a very questionable roughing the passer penalty.

Certainly a great start for Jameis and the Saints to build his confidence.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:16 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:48 am

I know you keep referring to Stafford as that guy, but he wasn't in Detriot. As you pointed to when you defended Winston, wins are a team stat.

Stafford's real stats, advanced stats, and game film show an elite or borderline elite QB on an awful team. Since 2014 he's been consistently really good. If you watched his LA debut, they showed that since he's been in the league the average his defense gave up was almost 30 points per game. That's crazy to continuously point to his W/L record despite having bad offensive lines, run games, defenses, and coaching for his entire tenure there.
Wins was never a defense I had for Winston in the past. It was actually the issues you listed for Stafford. Bad Oline, let's not forget how much people hate Donovan Smith. Run game was lacking here for a while. Defense was terrible. We had Dirk Koetter and Lovie Smith. Enough said.

Oh and Stafford absolutely was that guy in Detroit. That's why they never amounted to anything. Even you know he's nowhere near elite. He doesn't have the ability to elevate a team to anything. He needs great talent around him. That's not elite.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Dread wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:25 am Certainly a great start for Jameis and the Saints to build his confidence.

Good. I want Jameis to think he's the man. I want him chomping at the bit to show up the Bucs and the NFL in general. Go ahead, my man, be a super hero out there.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:36 am Wins was never a defense I had for Winston in the past. It was actually the issues you listed for Stafford. Bad Oline, let's not forget how much people hate Donovan Smith. Run game was lacking here for a while. Defense was terrible. We had Dirk Koetter and Lovie Smith. Enough said.

He needs great talent around him. That's not elite.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This is honestly worse than I thought. I assumed everyone's obsession with him would go away. It's only increased. Some of you need him to fail for your own mental stability. Especially @LUGZ and @Rocker. Let it go, guys. He's in another city. Y'all weren't this obsessed with Cam or Drew or Matt Ryan even.

If I've learned nothing else from this place, I've learned that people here only obsess over things they perceive as a threat. I'm curious as to why New Orleans is seen as a threat to us. They lost a lot during the offseason and have Winston at QB. Doesn't seem like a team we should be concerned with much.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

It could be that Sean Peyton is just a better coach than Arians and Smith. It could be that Jameis finally got his brain properly functioning. I am not really concerned with it beyond wanting bad Jameis to show up against the Buccaneers.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Kress wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:47 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:36 am Wins was never a defense I had for Winston in the past. It was actually the issues you listed for Stafford. Bad Oline, let's not forget how much people hate Donovan Smith. Run game was lacking here for a while. Defense was terrible. We had Dirk Koetter and Lovie Smith. Enough said.

He needs great talent around him. That's not elite.
lol.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@LUGZ this is but 1 piece of your mental instability. So I get it.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

As I'd said in the other Jamiss thread or piece of thread I can't find, he's just another ex-Buc to me. So long was we beat him two or if necessary three times this year I don't care if he wins MVP.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Would we have preferred he suck and get benched...GOD NO! Let him be the glimmer of Payton's eye for a while, literally throw the season away, and then have Pyaton debate between a rollercoaster ride Winston, or Hill...it's a no lose for Buc fans, IMO.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Bootz is crazy.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Guy has 5 TD passes on 20 attempts and people want to talk about the yards.

Not so sure I'm the crazy one here, chief.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I find JaMiss fascinating. Given the pedigree, the 30-30 record, going to arguably the best offensive head coach in the league.

I think it’s must watch TV. To see if he can stay within the parameters that Payton has put around him. Curious to see how he’s going to do when they’re playing from behind in the second half.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

See what happens when you get your eyeball adjusted? Entire new vistas become alive.
Push the damned button already!
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

nole fan - I hope he does well and will follow
bucs fan - glad things have played out like they have. in the nfl you root for the logo.
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

Rocker wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:03 pmBootz is crazy.
Now you are just fishing for upvotes.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

I watched the game. He was put in a fantastic position by everyone around him - the coaches, the D, the O-line, and the rushing attack ALL had their way with Packers. He did exactly what was asked of him by executing when needed and not effing it up. He certainly shouldn’t be criticized for that.

The bailed out pick definitely appeared to be Jameis being Jameis, and would have made the game more interesting if Rodgers would have been able to capitalize on the turnover by marching down field and making it a two score game.

That didn’t happen though, and honestly there was nothing to suggest it would have played out that way anyway. The Packers were horrible and completely outmatched.

I do get the interest in following Jameis, and I find it fun to mock him. Honestly though, I only care about him because he’s the QB of our rival.

If he was the QB of the Broncos or some other mostly inconsequential team, he’d be nothing more than a passing joke - like Freeman and Dilfer was/are.