Who do you want to be the QB for the Bucs in 2023?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who do you want to be the QB for the Bucs in 2023?

Tom Brady
34%
Blaine Gabbert
3%
Kyle Trask
47%
Lamar Jackson
8%
Derek Carr
3%
Jimmy G
No votes
Another vet (name below)
5%
A rookie (name below)
No votes

Total votes: 38

Snake

Re: Who do you want to be the QB for the Bucs in 2023?

Post by Snake »

BucsNBills wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:58 am
MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:43 am

5 or 6 wins.

It's like there's a cult of obtuseness infiltrating this board.
We are $50 mil over the cap.
We have a ton of useful free agents. Almost all will leave.
We have a bunch of likely cap cuts. Starters.
We have nobody behind these guys to step in. You know, these guys who just went 8-10 but were better than their backups.
We are going to have to do cap magic to field a 53 man roster next year.
And it looks like we're still going to be led by Toilet Bowles.
If Derek Carr was the guy to lead a team out of a situation like this, he had like 5 shots with the Raiders and failed to do so.
Egads.
I mean you may be right about Carr, even though I think he still has good football left in him, but where I disagree is the idea that we HAVE to cut a bunch of starters, because we absolutely don't.

Bowles likely already feels like his job is on the line along with Licht if they both torpedo this team into the ground after winning the SB two years ago. Which means they're almost certainly not going to go into a full rebuild mod(which I believe we should) so you should probably get used to the idea that we're going to retain a lot of the current starters and just kick the can down the road.
They just need to have a conversation with ownership and talk about expectations. They went all-in for the Brady Era. The bill is due. Use the season to evaluate and reset. It’s a fine line between that and tanking. But the bill is due. Trying to stretch the window with Derek Carr or whoever isn’t realistic. Brady, Jensen, and co got BTFO in the first round. Wasn’t competitive. This 8-9 season was torturous. I think most of us tried sipping the hopium come playoff time but reality slapped us in the face.

The roster needs reset. The cap needs reset. I can tolerate a big step back if there’s a plan. What I can’t tolerate is being fake competitive to save their asses.
Last edited by Snake on Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:46 am
MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:43 am

5 or 6 wins.

It's like there's a cult of obtuseness infiltrating this board.
We are $50 mil over the cap.
We have a ton of useful free agents. Almost all will leave.
We have a bunch of likely cap cuts. Starters.
We have nobody behind these guys to step in. You know, these guys who just went 8-10 but were better than their backups.
We are going to have to do cap magic to field a 53 man roster next year.
And it looks like we're still going to be led by Toilet Bowles.
If Derek Carr was the guy to lead a team out of a situation like this, he had like 5 shots with the Raiders and failed to do so.
Egads.
Right. We’re losing a very capable QB and a lot of talent from a team that went 8-9 in the worst division (by far) in football.

The o-line may be better, by default, but I’m really struggling to envision a winning season. Regression certainly seems more likely.
One comment on this -

Sure we went 8-9, but we were very, very banged up.

Our oline was essentially a group of 3rd stringers at one point
Our secondary couldn’t stay healthy
Our best pass rusher lost for the season early on
And perpetual outages everywhere else

We were very depleted as is, and it showed.

Our defense is a completely different tier of a unit without Shaq in it, for example.

This team was not exactly that far off from being competitive talent wise. Bad coaching + piss poor oline + lack of defensive playmaking was essentially the cause of our demise.

Say our Oline stays healthy and we add a guard or tackle. Shaq stays healthy and we add another playmaker on the line. Bowles and Lefty gone and replaced by competence.

We can win with that. We’re not THAT far off

But it needs to be Brady.

If not Brady then blow it all up for Caleb Williams
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:07 am

I mean you may be right about Carr, even though I think he still has good football left in him, but where I disagree is the idea that we HAVE to cut a bunch of starters, because we absolutely don't.

Bowles likely already feels like his job is on the line along with Licht if they both torpedo this team into the ground after winning the SB two years ago. Which means they're almost certainly not going to go into a full rebuild mod(which I believe we should) so you should probably get used to the idea that we're going to retain a lot of the current starters and just kick the can down the road.
They just need to have a conversation with ownership and talk about expectations. They went all-in for the Brady Era. The bill is due. Use the season to evaluate and reset. It’s a fine line between that and tanking. But the bill is due. Trying to stretch the window with Derek Carr or whoever isn’t realistic. Brady, Jensen, and co got BTFO in the first round. Wasn’t competitive. This 8-9 season was torturous. I think most of us tried sipping the hopium come playoff time but reality slapped us in the face.

The roster needs reset. The cap needs reset. I can tolerate a big step back if there’s a plan. What I can’t tolerate is being fake competitive to save their asses.
Oh I agree. We need a complete reset. I'm just trying to anticipate what we're actually going to do because I don't think Licht and Bowles will make the tough decision to just suck it up for a dogshit season so we can maybe come out the other end with a franchise changing QB.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Being banged up sucks. Fluke injuries, deep playoff runs stacking up, older roster.

They were definitely “unlucky” in that regard. But, it is what it is. Hope it changes. Ultimately you can’t predict it.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Sdbucs wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:09 am
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:46 am

Right. We’re losing a very capable QB and a lot of talent from a team that went 8-9 in the worst division (by far) in football.

The o-line may be better, by default, but I’m really struggling to envision a winning season. Regression certainly seems more likely.
One comment on this -

Sure we went 8-9, but we were very, very banged up.

Our oline was essentially a group of 3rd stringers at one point
Our secondary couldn’t stay healthy
Our best pass rusher lost for the season early on
And perpetual outages everywhere else

We were very depleted as is, and it showed.

Our defense is a completely different tier of a unit without Shaq in it, for example.

This team was not exactly that far off from being competitive talent wise. Bad coaching + piss poor oline + lack of defensive playmaking was essentially the cause of our demise.

Say our Oline stays healthy and we add a guard or tackle. Shaq stays healthy and we add another playmaker on the line. Bowles and Lefty gone and replaced by competence.

We can win with that. We’re not THAT far off
We got fucking smoked by Carolina hours after they ran up the white flag giving up for the year. There's no amount of "banged up" that excuses that.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:07 am

Bingo. Even if we get a Derek Carr and draft a new LT. That’s a roster that’s far from a lock to win the NFC South. Even if it does, we should expect a similar result in the wild card round that we got this year.

Keep in mind, in order to get a vet QB and keep our defense mostly in tact we will need to perform crazy amounts of cap restructuring that we eventually will have to deal with. That’s one thing when you have Tom Brady and expect to win 12+ games and the Super Bowl. But to do all that just to sneak into the playoffs and keep the streak active is a terrible idea.

Both sides of the ball need to be completely rebuilt. Yeah, the process is gonna suck when the team is losing again but it’s what we signed up for when we started doing these kinds of deals to win with Brady. It’s best to get out ahead of it now then do anything crazy thinking there’s still a window. Our window for another Lombardi trophy shut the second we lost to the Rams in the playoffs last year sadly.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Glazers:

Please.

For the love of God.

Don't try to flex-tape this roster.

Shed contracts of older players. Give valuable reps to younger guys. Build a foundation through the draft. Lock up the younger guys here who are still ascending. Free up as much cap room as possible for when the moment comes, like we did Pre-2020.

Don't let Licht, Arians, and the Bowles Bunch try and save their jobs by making long-term sacrifices for another win or two. There is no goddamn scenario - not one - where the 2023 is winning anything.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:41 pm Glazers:

Please.

For the love of God.

Shed contracts of older players. Give valuable reps to younger guys. Build a foundation through the draft. Lock up the younger guys here who are still ascending. Free up as much cap room as possible for when the moment comes, like we did Pre-2020.

Don't let Licht, Arians, and the Bowles Bunch try and save their jobs by making long-term sacrifices for another win or two. There is no goddamn scenario - not one - where the 2023 is winning anything.
Don't let Licht do his job as GM? Then what's the purpose of keeping him?

I also don't understand your plea for the Glazers to turn us into the Jets but I disgress.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:43 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:41 pm Glazers:

Please.

For the love of God.

I also don't understand your plea for the Glazers to turn us into the Jets but I disgress.
On the whole, what do you think the strategy should be this offseason? More cap manipulation to maximize roster short term? A carr type acquisition?
MJW

Post by MJW »

You seem confused. Let me help.

The GM's job is to protect the long-term health of the roster.
This is why every GM doesn't spend every last penny of cap space every single offseason.
This is why every GM doesn't say, "I don't know how we're going to re-sign our key players next year, because I'm going to spend all that money we'll need to win right now."
This is why there is often tension between GMs and Coaches, who ARE tasked with thinking short term.

Licht's job is to think about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise, not just the 2023 edition.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:52 pm

On the whole, what do you think the strategy should be this offseason? More cap manipulation to maximize roster short term? A carr type acquisition?
Gonna have to be a bit of both. We aren't just gonna have a fire sale and shed $40mil+ in salary just to get in the black. By in large we can't. But I also don't think we benefit from trying to be as worse as we can to get top draft picks for 2-4 years.

So we'll manipulate the cap. Lower that number. Make improvements were we can and hopefully those players drafted recently are able to contribute or fill spots on the roster that need to be filled. Like I think Otton can fill in for Brate. Try Hainsey at LG with Jensen returning. Maybe Goedeke improves(I don't see it). And get YOUNGER on defense.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:58 pm
You seem confused. Let me help.

The GM's job is to protect the long-term health of the roster.
This is why every GM doesn't spend every last penny of cap space every single offseason.
This is why every GM doesn't say, "I don't know how we're going to re-sign our key players next year, because I'm going to spend all that money we'll need to win right now."
This is why there is often tension between GMs and Coaches, who ARE tasked with thinking short term.

Licht's job is to think about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise, not just the 2023 edition.
And you somehow believe the owners are going to take the reigns?! :lol: :lol: Good one.
Kress

Post by Kress »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:41 pm There is no goddamn scenario - not one - where the 2023 is winning anything.
31 plane crashes?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Kress wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:21 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:41 pm There is no goddamn scenario - not one - where the 2023 is winning anything.
31 plane crashes?
false start, 76, offense.
MJW

Post by MJW »

31 plane crashes?
That's stupid. There'd only be 16 teams flying anywhere. This is why you're not OBP material.
Let's roll another joint
Kress

Post by Kress »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:18 pm

31 plane crashes?
That's stupid. There'd only be 16 teams flying anywhere. This is why you're not OBP material.
I was thinking about how we'd even get to the postseason. It's a season-long process.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:18 pm

31 plane crashes?
Maybe in Kress' mind the NFL will adopt the Buffalo Bill rule and play all games at a neutral site. The Bucs neutral game will be in Miami so they'll take a bus while the other 31 teams will have to fly longer distances.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

I’m for bringing Brady back IF we can bring Gronk back and get two good guards to play besides Jensen. And we need a #3 WR who is a playmaker. I love Godwin and Evans, but they don’t stretch the field like they used to. We need playmakers who can spread out defenses. Our offense has become too predictable and vanilla.

The salary cap is going to be the biggest issue. We need to definitely work some magic. If we resign Brady, we save a lot.

I see some mentioning Carr…but I say Hell No. All that talent he had around him in Vegas and he didn’t do anything with it. He’s average at best.

I also think we have to spend a first round pick on a qb. This is the year to do it. There’s some talent out there that could fall at 19.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Navybuc wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 pm I’m for bringing Brady back IF we can bring Gronk back and get two good guards to play besides Jensen. And we need a #3 WR who is a playmaker. I love Godwin and Evans, but they don’t stretch the field like they used to. We need playmakers who can spread out defenses. Our offense has become too predictable and vanilla.

The salary cap is going to be the biggest issue. We need to definitely work some magic. If we resign Brady, we save a lot.

I see some mentioning Carr…but I say Hell No. All that talent he had around him in Vegas and he didn’t do anything with it. He’s average at best.

I also think we have to spend a first round pick on a qb. This is the year to do it. There’s some talent out there that could fall at 19.
You do realize the receivers stretch the field fine, it's just that our pass protection sucked to hard to consistently throw it deep, right?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm thinking someone updated Mary Jane's platform.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I don't want Brady back to be honest with you (and I feel comfortable saying "the feeling is almost surely mutual") and it has nothing to do with his physical traits.

Brady was signed on to be a Leader of Men. To be Connected. To be a stalwart presence. To be an example of commitment to details and excellence during the week. To show what poise and determination and relentless dedication looks like practice-in, practice-out, play-in and play-out.

We got the opposite from the offseason onward. I do not think he wanted to be in this situation this year and it showed. Whether that was a confluence of his marriage failing and having to deal with all the various logistical and emotional fallout of that I don't know (and, let me be clear...I'm not saying I blame him if this was the case). Can't know. But his extraordinary (relative to his history) disconnectedness to this season and to this team was a net bad for this whole deal. We had "The Ghost of the Leadership Presence of Tom Brady" in 2022 and that absolutely harmed this team. I find it very hard to believe that this locker room and staff didn't feel the weight of Brady's disappearing act as a leader and a stalwart presence/example.

I don't want him back. I don't even know where he goes to be honest with you. He apparently doesn't want to go out West because of his kid, so that harms the LV and SF situation (and why would SF want to turn things over to a QB who doesn't have much tenure left when they have a young QB who is illustrating the ability to have success in that offense over the course of 9 games?). Miami looks to be sticking with Tua (and hopefully the kid doesn't get dinged again). I just don't know where Brady goes.

I want the bandaid pulled off and lets reorganize the superstructure of the organization for a healthy next half-decade (which is the timescale of windows you should be working under imo).
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:42 pm
Navybuc wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 pm I’m for bringing Brady back IF we can bring Gronk back and get two good guards to play besides Jensen. And we need a #3 WR who is a playmaker. I love Godwin and Evans, but they don’t stretch the field like they used to. We need playmakers who can spread out defenses. Our offense has become too predictable and vanilla.

You do realize the receivers stretch the field fine, it's just that our pass protection sucked to hard to consistently throw it deep, right?
A number one receiver does more in a first half than 14 yards. If someone was being honest Brady probably had more throw away's than anyone in the league and another huge pile where he made it a tough catch incompletion in order to not chance a T/O.

Teams were very honed in to what limited options Brady had. He also did not have a comfort level with #3 or 4 receiver or his TE's.

He had 24 passes of 25 yards - that is Brady with almost no comfort level and it showed all year long.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Nobody wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:48 pm I don't want Brady back to be honest with you (and I feel comfortable saying "the feeling is almost surely mutual") and it has nothing to do with his physical traits.

Brady was signed on to be a Leader of Men. To be Connected. To be a stalwart presence. To be an example of commitment to details and excellence during the week. To show what poise and determination and relentless dedication looks like practice-in, practice-out, play-in and play-out.

We got the opposite from the offseason onward. I do not think he wanted to be in this situation this year and it showed. Whether that was a confluence of his marriage failing and having to deal with all the various logistical and emotional fallout of that I don't know (and, let me be clear...I'm not saying I blame him if this was the case). Can't know. But his extraordinary (relative to his history) disconnectedness to this season and to this team was a net bad for this whole deal. We had "The Ghost of the Leadership Presence of Tom Brady" in 2022 and that absolutely harmed this team. I find it very hard to believe that this locker room and staff didn't feel the weight of Brady's disappearing act as a leader and a stalwart presence/example.

I don't want him back. I don't even know where he goes to be honest with you. He apparently doesn't want to go out West because of his kid, so that harms the LV and SF situation (and why would SF want to turn things over to a QB who doesn't have much tenure left when they have a young QB who is illustrating the ability to have success in that offense over the course of 9 games?). Miami looks to be sticking with Tua (and hopefully the kid doesn't get dinged again). I just don't know where Brady goes.

I want the bandaid pulled off and lets reorganize the superstructure of the organization for a healthy next half-decade (which is the timescale of windows you should be working under imo).
My only regret would be that he wasn't able to go out a winner. And I don't mean as a SB winner, either. Just a successful and respectful final year here would have been great. That's why I was fine with him retiring last year. He didn't get us to the SB, but he definitely went out as a winner. Then he came back and if it could go wrong, it did. Let's not repeat that. Please. Time for all to move on.
Don't tread on me
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

I don’t see the “rap sucks” option.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

considering the o-line we will probably field next season, we better have an extremely mobile qb who isn’t afraid to get repeatedly hit in the pocket, and is younger than 46.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Nobody wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:48 pm I don't want Brady back to be honest with you (and I feel comfortable saying "the feeling is almost surely mutual") and it has nothing to do with his physical traits.

I don’t know if he never wanted to come back or not, but when he was out at Kraft’s wedding the day before a key road game and joined the team the morning of the game, that bothered me. That was what showed me that Brady wasn’t as all in as he normally was. To make things worse, he played terribly against a secondary of backups and lost a game everyone had penciled in as an easy W before the season.

All the tantrum stuff just seemed off this year too. Like I’m fine with yelling at the offensive line or the receiver who ran the wrong route. But the broken tablents and the extra stuff. Tom almost helped choke away the division in Week 17 by throwing his helmet after a late sack and getting a penalty. I get he had a lot going on, but Tom wasn’t the same guy from the first two years.

It really feels like he had retirement right the first time and just couldn’t stay away. In hindsight, I really wish he walked away after last year and we didn’t have to endure all this “first time Tom Brady loses X many games in a row” type nonsense. It just made the disappointing season even worse and I’m not sure I’m up for another year of it with Brady and all the extra attention that comes with it. I’m thankful for the memories, but the Tom Brady thing was always meant to be short term. We already overplayed it, let’s just let it go and move on. It won’t be easy, but neither will watching Brady go 6-11 or something with a declining roster.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:30 pm
Nano wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:07 pm

Why did we even draft Trask?
Because we totally foresaw Brady returning and Arians retiring, and should have drafted accordingly right?
They drafted Trask after Brady's first season while he was still under contract.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yes, because we reasonably assumed he was near the end. Which he was. He retired.

I'm not about to declare how a Trask season would have gone, but I know for a fact most of us would have been hyped/on board with a 2 year groomed QB taking over compared to..... whatever?

Which is exactly what happened. Until Brady 180'd.
I guess you can maybe try to argue that "a good GM would've known even more than his wife that Brady would return"... but I won't.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:43 am Yes, because we reasonably assumed he was near the end. Which he was. He retired.

I'm not about to declare how a Trask season would have gone, but I know for a fact most of us would have been hyped/on board with a 2 year groomed QB taking over compared to..... whatever?

I guess you can maybe try to argue that "a good GM would've known even more than his wife that Brady would return"... but I won't.
Trask was drafted after the 2020 Super Bowl winning season. He was drafted during the “run it back” offseason. Brady was under contract for another year and there was no indication he was retiring.

We clearly needed a win now player with that pick.

I’m hopeful Trask becomes the starter and excels because I’m a fan of this team. That’s the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario is he never becomes more than a backup and we’re left wondering if the 64th pick in the 2021 draft could have helped us beat the Rams or Cowboys during our playoff runs in Tom Brady’s last two years here.

Because that’s the reality of that pick.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Grahamburn wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:05 am
Doctor wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:43 am Yes, because we reasonably assumed he was near the end. Which he was. He retired.

Trask was drafted after the 2020 Super Bowl winning season. He was drafted during the “run it back” offseason. Brady was under contract for another year and there was no indication he was retiring.

I’m hopeful Trask becomes the starter and excels because I’m a fan of this team. That’s the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario is he never becomes more than a backup and we’re left wondering if the 64th pick in the 2021 draft could have helped us beat the Rams or Cowboys during our playoff runs in Tom Brady’s last two years here.

This is a good post.

I don't think Trask was picked because of any "philosophy," as that would imply OBP wanted to find a QBOTF and drafting Trask was an expression of that desire. I just think Arians (yes, Arians) really liked Trask that much. He's basically an ideal Arians quarterback. Big and think (OOCA), some downfield juice, etc. Carson Palmer, Roethlisberger, etc. Those are the guys Arians wanted at the helm.

If Trask had not been there, I'd bet a hypothetical $20 bill that we don't draft any quarterback that year.
Let's roll another joint
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

MJW wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:51 am
Grahamburn wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:05 am

This is a good post.

I don't think Trask was picked because of any "philosophy," as that would imply OBP wanted to find a QBOTF and drafting Trask was an expression of that desire. I just think Arians (yes, Arians) really liked Trask that much. He's basically an ideal Arians quarterback. Big and think (OOCA), some downfield juice, etc. Carson Palmer, Roethlisberger, etc. Those are the guys Arians wanted at the helm.

If Trask had not been there, I'd bet a hypothetical $20 bill that we don't draft any quarterback that year.
I don't think so either, and it's a shame, because it's another indicator of continued poor process and an inherent failure to plan within this organization.

I've defended Licht a lot. He has brought a ton of talent here. But, man, there are some major head scratchers mixed in there.

If 2023 goes the way most of us expect it'll be his last year. That being said, maybe Trask ends up being his savior? @Cheb 's write-up gave me some hope. But, I expect we'll bring in a vet to go 7-10 or 8-9 again or and they'll all get canned.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Trask is garbage... that is just the way it is. You all just need to accept that. You have some sort of deep issue wanting to force a Florida product into the spotlight. No one else wanted him why the fuck should we?

We should be discussing legitimate options based on the two scenarios we have Infront of us.

1) Rebuild
2) Struggle to win the division the next two season.

Brady is not coming back, that message is already making the rounds with the players.

If we are going #1 just do it already... Dump all the vets with that dead money so we can get through it. Let Trash drive us into the ground with a bunch of 2nd tier pieces.
If we are going #2, I only see Carr as a serious option, but I would like to see Minshew.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:04 am Trask is garbage... that is just the way it is. You all just need to accept that. You have some sort of deep issue wanting to force a Florida product into the spotlight. No one else wanted him why the fuck should we?
I know right? I mean it isn’t like a decent QB has ever been picked in the 6th round.

Oh. Wait.
I said what I said

Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:04 am Trask is garbage... that is just the way it is. You all just need to accept that. You have some sort of deep issue wanting to force a Florida product into the spotlight. No one else wanted him why the fuck should we?

We should be discussing legitimate options based on the two scenarios we have Infront of us.

1) Rebuild
2) Struggle to win the division the next two season.

Brady is not coming back, that message is already making the rounds with the players.

If we are going #1 just do it already... Dump all the vets with that dead money so we can get through it. Let Trash drive us into the ground with a bunch of 2nd tier pieces.
If we are going #2, I only see Carr as a serious option, but I would like to see Minshew.
a. Trask starts in 2023
1. Trask is good, we may have found it
2. Trask is bad, we’re picking early in 2024 (QB)

b. Carr/Minshew starts in 2023
1. We go somewhere 7-10 to 9-8 maybe make playoffs. Enough to keep our QB situation the same for the next few seasons. Sometimes make playoffs, never win a SB.
2. We go 6-11, just high enough to miss those top draft prospects in 2024. QB situation remains unsolved

Answer for the upcoming season sounds easy to me

Like it’s braindead easy

You won’t win anything with Carr but you will miss out on draft picks
Last edited by Sdbucs on Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:11 am
I know right? I mean it isn’t like a decent QB has ever been picked in the 6th round.

Oh. Wait.
That is the extreme outlier and should not be used as justification. At this point it is a cliche. One instance... Since 1965, and THAT is the reason you are giving?

Trask was the typical Gboyz "get the NCAA Florida fan base in the stands move".