Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official 2023 Off Season Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official 2023 Off Season Thread

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:12 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:07 pm

He undoubtedly had a decline last year, but I don’t think his personal performance dropped off as much as it appeared. There was just too much to overcome. Much like his final year in NE, he could have played better, but the failures and issues around him compounded and magnified everything.

None of us will ever know which errant passes were effectively throw aways, poor route running, broken down communication, or bad passes.

Regardless, we’ll also never know what could have been if last year wasn’t a complete dumpster fire.

It’s like the team was cursed.

But if that was the price to pay for having the GOAT bring home the Lombardi, it was worth every heartbreaking moment.
I've never seen receivers with less separation, at any level, ever. I imagine it's very tough to be playing behind a shit line when even your safety valves were blanketed.

MJ, are the players that are highly touted and promoted before you most likely ever talk about them - are they the only players that will be great? I've said it for years, surely one day Tampa can bring forth players that were unrecognized and be self made stars.

So much gloom and negativity on so many aspects of our team beforehand, please find something good about the Bucs.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Looking whos's available, do you think we should consider bringing any of these players in?

Yannick Ngakoue Edge
Dalvin Cook RB
Jadeveon Clowney Edge
Dalton Risner OG
Marcus Peters CB
Melvin Ingram Edge
Bryce Callahan CB
Justin Houston Edge
John Johnson DT

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-fr ... -available
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:30 pm Looking whos's available, do you think we should consider bringing any of these players in?

Yannick Ngakoue Edge
Dalvin Cook RB
Jadeveon Clowney Edge
Dalton Risner OG
Marcus Peters CB
Melvin Ingram Edge
Bryce Callahan CB
Justin Houston Edge
John Johnson DT

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-fr ... -available
Not now. The Bucs need to conserve what little cap space they have left to use due to injuries or players now on the roster not performing to expectations.
MJW

Post by MJW »

We should be looking for ways to get reps to pups who might be part of the future. I don't want to see, for example, reps that could go to Diaby going to a Clowney rental, or reps that could go to McCollum going to a year of Marcus Peters.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:10 pm We should be looking for ways to get reps to pups who might be part of the future. I don't want to see, for example, reps that could go to Diaby going to a Clowney rental, or reps that could go to McCollum going to a year of Marcus Peters.
Seconded.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:07 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:10 pm We should be looking for ways to get reps to pups who might be part of the future. I don't want to see, for example, reps that could go to Diaby going to a Clowney rental, or reps that could go to McCollum going to a year of Marcus Peters.
Seconded.

But Google will tell me nothing of John Johnson defensive tackle..
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I think baseball bootz would say who?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Cheb wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:07 pm
Seconded.
Thirded
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Yep. Take our medicine and get what we can out of '23 with what we have while keeping an eye towards '24 and beyond.
Don't tread on me
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:18 am
Obsolete wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:42 am
I'm curious if he had this much of a grudge against Jameis or AB. Character-wise they are far far worse than Brady.
He thinks Brady is a cheater, and I rightfully did as well before he left New England. But then he came here, and Tampa is the losingest franchise in NFL history. And he won a Super Bowl with them and had the defense actually stepped up in 2021, he would've won another.

He really was that good.
I don't know. I feel like people forget that the Rams game was to get to the NFC Championship. Against the 49ers. A team with a physical style that has pretty much owned us in every matchup against them lately.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:31 pm
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:18 am

He thinks Brady is a cheater, and I rightfully did as well before he left New England. But then he came here, and Tampa is the losingest franchise in NFL history. And he won a Super Bowl with them and had the defense actually stepped up in 2021, he would've won another.

He really was that good.
I don't know. I feel like people forget that the Rams game was to get to the NFC Championship. Against the 49ers. A team with a physical style that has pretty much owned us in every matchup against them lately.
Trust me, we would've destroyed San Fran that year, and Cincy to go along with it.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Extension in the works for Mike Evans:
Through reliable sources that are closely connected to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization, we have known for some time now that Bucs have been working with franchise wide receiver, Mike Evans, on negotiating a new contract.

Scott Reynolds of Pewter Report is one of the reporters on the Bucs beat who has always been extremely dialed into the inner workings of the organization. As such, any information he shares regarding the team should be taken at face value.

The specific details of those negotiations have been behind closed doors, but some information regarding the timeline and details of Evans' next contract are beginning to emerge.

According to a recent tweet by Pewter Report, it does not look like a new contract extension for Evans will get done before the start of training camp, which is set to begin next week, on Wednesday, July 26th.

It's also being reported that both sides are still negotiating and that the goal is to get the deal done before the end of training camp.

It's worth noting that Evans and his representation have been extremely reasonable when working with the Buccaneers on new contracts in the past. Despite his incredible consistency over the course of his career, Evans has never publicly pushed to reset the market, and has often come to terms with what many would consider 'team-friendly deals'.

According to Scott Reynolds, we could expect Evans' next deal to be similar to the 3-year, $60M deal that Chris Godwin signed last offseason. Which if you ask me, would be a really solid investment for the Buccaneers to make in a player who is undoubtedly the greatest wide receiver in the history of the franchise.

- https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/ ... buccaneers
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

3 weeks till Pittsburgh.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I honestly feel bad for these guys when camp opens. Good God it’s brutal outside.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Should Mike Alstott be in the hall of fame?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:54 pm Should Mike Alstott be in the hall of fame?
Nope.

It’s too bad the second half of his career didn’t look like the first.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Phantom wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:54 pm Should Mike Alstott be in the hall of fame?
Even though it's a very easy argument to say that Alstott was the best running fullback since Jim Brown, and unequivocally the best in the last 30 years, no.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Cheb wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:40 pm
Even though it's a very easy argument to say that Alstott was the best running fullback since Jim Brown, and unequivocally the best in the last 30 years, no.
Universally regarded as one of the best to ever do what he did, perennial Pro Bowler, multiple All Pro, SB Champ with a TD.

I’d vote for him.
JackBootedThug

Post by JackBootedThug »

If Alstott weren't white, this wouldn't even be a discussion. Just another in a long list of backs that had a good career.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Tampa Bay needs to discover and develop it's own version of Adam Theilen.

Or some other highly successful UDFA whose name someone else can think of?
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

JackBootedThug wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:20 am If Alstott weren't white a fullback, this wouldn't even be a discussion. Just another in a long list of backs that had a good career.
Sure, if considering him as a tailback, but as a fullback, he’s easily one of the best to ever do it with the ball in his hand.
JackBootedThug

Post by JackBootedThug »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:15 am Sure, if considering him as a tailback, but as a fullback, he’s easily one of the best to ever do it with the ball in his hand.
Regardless of what where he was listed on the depth chart. He wasn't a FB.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The only way Alstott gets in is with with some FB affirmative action thing.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:40 pm
/Thread.

Give him his ROH, the All Decade Team Fullback spot, all the love in the world as fans, etc, etc.

But the HOF is watered-down enough already.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Anyone know a way to watch tonight’s game out of market?

Going to have to get crafty for the season this year since YT got the Sunday ticket. I used to get the streaming package for a $100 using my old student ID.

Really stupid they don’t offer team specific packages. There’s so much they could do with that.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:54 pm Anyone know a way to watch tonight’s game out of market?

Going to have to get crafty for the season this year since YT got the Sunday ticket. I used to get the streaming package for a $100 using my old student ID.

Really stupid they don’t offer team specific packages. There’s so much they could do with that.
If I don't have the game, I'll pirate it.

But I should have the game.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:54 pm Anyone know a way to watch tonight’s game out of market?

It's on the NFL network, but if you don't have that then here

https://www.buccaneers.com/watch-live-g ... 2023-pre-1
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

_MB_ wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:59 pm

I haven’t had to much bc of the Sunday Ticket deal, but usually found links on Reddit or some of our compadres here. Heard reddit is cracking down this year… allegedly. Any good sources you can dm?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:30 pm
_MB_ wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:59 pm

I haven’t had to much bc of the Sunday Ticket deal, but usually found links on Reddit or some of our compadres here. Heard reddit is cracking down this year… allegedly. Any good sources you can dm?
Same link I got from rocker years ago

Sports urge dot net

If memory serves.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Grazie
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

It’s game time!!!

Go Bucs!
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Let’s go!!!
New OC so….. Come on!!!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Good run by Vaughn, penalty, stuffed.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Nice pass and catch for touchdown!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BucsNBills wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:03 pm So we can't talk, trade players, reset and build for the future.

But we also can't push the cap down and build as strong as roster as possible for 2023 because... I guess our 2026 cap space might be effected.

Can't sign any veteran QBs that could help us at least win the division.

Can't play Trask because we all know he's Dogshit and Bowles/Licht can't afford to watch the team spiral anymore than it has.

And I'm assuming nobody wants to be aggressive for any of the QBs in this years draft.

So I guess sign a cheap vet like Baker Mayfield, push minimal cap, don't spend too much to improve the roster, hope to get a couple decent starters from the draft, and then hope that's a competitive team that's going to take on the 9ers and the Eagles?
Looks like you nailed it!