Thanks Tom

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Big Irv

Thanks Tom

Post by Big Irv »

What a run. Enjoyed watching the GOAT in red and pewter. Typically Belichick throws players out 1 year early. Thankfully for us, he was 2 years early this time. Isn’t this the only time in our history we’ve gone to the playoffs 3 years in a row? Great 2 years and 1 more in the playoffs for a cherry on top. Tom brought some class and notoriety to this desolate wasteland. Now we can go back to not getting any national media coverage. Best of luck, Tom. Put in a good word with Lamar Jackson for us.
Snake

Re: Thanks Tom

Post by Snake »

The ending was inevitable. It is a Bucs life, after all.

But winning the Super Bowl at home. The trophy toss…I’ll remember that.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Felt like a dream back when the rumors started then it becoming official. Glad we got at least 1 ring out of it. Could have been more if Bowles didn't full retard in the nfccg. Thanks for choosing us Brady.
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

Heisenberg wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:46 pm Felt like a dream back when the rumors started then it becoming official. Glad we got at least 1 ring out of it. Could have been more if Bowles didn't full retard in the nfccg. Thanks for choosing us Brady.
A friend of mine who isn’t even a Bucs fan called it way early. It seemed too far fetched to me. So glad I was wrong. Remember Arians said if they didn’t get Brady they’d have signed Bridgewater or Jameis? We should thank Tom twice for saving us from that disaster.
CamCam

Post by CamCam »

What's the take on this. Is it a goodbye?
Snake

Post by Snake »

He has nearly 30 years of media experience. He’s mastered respect and vaguery.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

We went to the playoffs four years in a row from 1999-2002 btw.

But, this was a fun run. Even this year being the nightmare it was had epic moments like the Saints comeback thanks to Tom Brady. He legitimized this franchise again and brought glory back to Tampa. Something I truly never thought I’d see again. I just hope that the next time this team finds a QB, we can get more than three years out of them.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

SamSam wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:19 am

What's the take on this. Is it a goodbye?
Just a gut feeling but I think he's gone next season for greener pastures.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

He's going to try the same thing he did last time he was a FA.... try to land in SF. Then settle.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:41 am He's going to try the same thing he did last time he was a FA.... try to land in SF. Then settle.
Maybe.

Could be Miami or Vegas or SF. Maybe somewhere else.

And much as I loved having him here, I hope he doesn't come back. Is this still the weakest division in football, yeah. But it's time for both him and us to move on.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Move on to what?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

If he wants to retire, then fine. It was our pleasure.

If he's thinking about playing elsewhere, my only question is where is better than here?
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:47 am Move on to what?
Ideally any QBs that are less than 45 years old.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

BucsNBills wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:53 am
You wanna check our success rate as a franchise with QB <45 vs QB>45...
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:56 am
BucsNBills wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:53 am

You wanna check our success rate as a franchise with QB <45 vs QB>45...
Brad The Bull Johnson 1 Ring
Tom Brady 1 Ring
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Fuck
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I’m with Cheb on this one. I’m ready for Brady to leave for wherever he wants to be. He was never mentally in it this season which showed up on the field. I want no parts of a 46 year old halfway dedicated Tom Brady. Nope I’d rather rebuild.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Thank you, Tom. When you go into the Hall as a Patriot, I hope they have a video of the Lombardi toss to remind everyone that you won that last Super Bowl with us. We're about to go back to being irrelevant again, but for two years before these coaches took over, with you under center we were great. I appreciate how you changed the culture around here and turned this team into winners. Wherever you play next, I wish you well except for any game you're playing against us. And if its time for the broadcast booth at last, I hope you excel there too.

Good luck, Tom, and thanks for everything.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

To rebuilding the roster and setting the team up to have cap space again and be competitive before the end of the decade. It’s a tough pill to swallow but it comes for everyone. At least we got a Lombardi out of it. The Falcons have been rebuilding and eating their cap problems from Ryan and Julio and all they had to show for it was 28-3 to a QB that got us a ring.

If Brady comes back, it’s more kicking the can down the road and I would expect more aging veterans on 1 year deals trying to get one with Brady. I can’t see how that gets us much better of a result than this year. As much as I wish we had another run in us with Tom, we don’t. It’s time to start another fun rebuild. Yaaay.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

I'll never forget knocking the Saints out of the playoffs and retiring Drew. Also the bomb before halftime in GB and holding Mahomed out of the end zone. Thank you GOAT!
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

Glad to see Brady retire as a Buccaneer. His legacy will be much discussed over the next 40 years and it will be impossible to ignore that 7th ring he earned in Tampa. He gained us more fans and notoriety than any other player in our history. It’s insane how many Buccaneer records he holds in 3 years with the team.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

When Tom is elected to the HOF, will he go in as a Buc or a Patriot?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:39 am When Tom is elected to the HOF, will he go in as a Buc or a Patriot?
I don't think the football HOF is like the baseball HOF. They don't induct the player by their team. If they did, he'd go in as a Pat without question though.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:41 am
GreatTimes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:39 am When Tom is elected to the HOF, will he go in as a Buc or a Patriot?
I don't think the football HOF is like the baseball HOF. They don't induct the player by their team. If they did, he'd go in as a Pat without question though.
yup, as he should too.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Was definitely an incredible ride. Made the whole COVID/lockdown years way more tolerable for me.

Today is bittersweet. Forever grateful for the run he had with us and the ring we won, but can’t help but feeling like it could have been more. What if AB didn’t go mental? What if Arians hadn’t retired? Could have had a mini dynasty. Oh well.
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

real bucs fan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:01 am Was definitely an incredible ride. Made the whole COVID/lockdown years way more tolerable for me.

Today is bittersweet. Forever grateful for the run he had with us and the ring we won, but can’t help but feeling like it could have been more. What if AB didn’t go mental? What if Arians hadn’t retired? Could have had a mini dynasty. Oh well.
What if todd bowles didn't say "let's leave the best wr in the game wide open so he can get the rams into fg range and end our season"?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Xandtar wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:18 am Thank you, Tom. When you go into the Hall as a Patriot, I hope they have a video of the Lombardi toss to remind everyone that you won that last Super Bowl with us. We're about to go back to being irrelevant again, but for two years before these coaches took over, with you under center we were great. I appreciate how you changed the culture around here and turned this team into winners. Wherever you play next, I wish you well except for any game you're playing against us. And if its time for the broadcast booth at last, I hope you excel there too.

Good luck, Tom, and thanks for everything.
Needless to say I expected this, and still do. Best of luck in your new career, Tom. We'll always remember you with fondness here.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/robert-kra ... 05580.html
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I wonder if the 1 day contract with the Pats would affect our cap.