Rapid Reactions: Bucs 2022 Season comes to an end with a WC loss

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
vivalaReagan

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs 2022 Season comes to an end with a WC loss

Post by vivalaReagan »

since i cannot get a response, i will share what i posted, as well as the pm from modtb12, who refuses to respond.

if i’m banned, it will be clear that mod tb12 is a coward and an authoritarian who gets off on his/her big fish/small pond power trip. you should resign, mod tb12, as you suck at this.

here’s the essence of what i posted (i don’t recall the exact words):
“congratulations to the glazers for successfully leveraging mlk day to demonstrate that affirmative action is a failed and racist policy.”
you may disagree with my comment, but you must admit that it didn’t warrant an immediate deletion and threat from a mod, particularly when compared to what’s been historically allowed on this board. in fact, this exact sentiment has been discussed on this board many times without issue.

modtb12’s pm, which i have responded to twice without a reply:

the past three or four boards have been fun and i appreciate the camaraderie, fellow buc fans.

--viva
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I’m curious as to what you mean by that? MLK day, the Glazers and affirmatively action?? You could be going a few ways but you’re vague for a reason.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:08 pm I’m curious as to what you mean by that? MLK day, the Glazers and affirmatively action?? You could be going a few ways but you’re vague for a reason.
there’s nothing vague about my post.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Oh so you purposely meant to imply that the Glazers either hired or didn’t fire Bowles/Leftwich because they’re both black. Got it.

Yea, it’s easy to see why it was deleted then.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:15 pm Oh so you purposely meant to imply that the Glazers either hired or didn’t fire Bowles/Leftwich because they’re both black. Got it.

Yea, it’s easy to see why it was deleted then.
arians has said as much. this isn’t a revelation; it’s a well known fact. arians talked about his commitment to diversity as often as he did about bowles’/leftwich’s qualifications.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

So you openly defy Mod TB12 and repost? Take my advice and delete, unless you're so triggered that you WANT to be gone.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

vivalaReagan wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:02 pm since i cannot get a response, i will share what i posted, as well as the pm from modtb12, who refuses to respond.

if i’m banned, it will be clear that mod tb12 is a coward and an authoritarian who gets off on his/her big fish/small pond power trip. you should resign, mod tb12, as you suck at this.

here’s the essence of what i posted (i don’t recall the exact words):
“congratulations to the glazers for successfully leveraging mlk day to demonstrate that affirmative action is a failed and racist policy.”
you may disagree with my comment, but you must admit that it didn’t warrant an immediate deletion and threat from a mod, particularly when compared to what’s been historically allowed on this board. in fact, this exact sentiment has been discussed on this board many times without issue.

modtb12’s pm, which i have responded to twice without a reply:

the past three or four boards have been fun and i appreciate the camaraderie, fellow buc fans.

--viva
For posterity
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This is likely watching a public execution where the convicted brings their own rope.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:35 pm This is likely watching a public execution where the convicted brings their own rope.
Completely unnecessary too.

Been a long time since I seen a board suicide.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Moozician wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:30 pm So you openly defy Mod TB12 and repost? Take my advice and delete, unless you're so triggered that you WANT to be gone.
openly defy? what kind of north korean board do you think is being run here?

to answer your question, no, i’m not triggered and trying to get banned. i am attempting to prompt a dialogue with folks who seem to think they wield an authoritarian hammer at their whim, and are above dialogue. if they are, and i’m banned, it’s for the best, as i wouldn’t want to spend any more time on a board that treats long standing users in this manner. from what i’ve read, other users have experienced similar unacceptable behavior.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I actually like VLR.

Too bad she/he went this direction.

The mods are really getting flogged in recent weeks
Last edited by Snake on Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

If you're posting here you're clearly not banned you retard.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

vivalaReagan wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:43 pm
Moozician wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:30 pm So you openly defy Mod TB12 and repost? Take my advice and delete, unless you're so triggered that you WANT to be gone.

to answer your question, no, i’m not triggered and trying to get banned. i am attempting to prompt a dialogue with folks who seem to think they wield an authoritarian hammer at their whim, and are above dialogue. if they are, and i’m banned, it’s for the best, as i wouldn’t want to spend any more time on a board that treats long standing users in this manner. from what i’ve read, other users have experienced similar unacceptable behavior.
Come on down to the politics forum. I'd be happy to explain to you why your little joke is unpopular.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:47 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:43 pm

Come on down to the politics forum. I'd be happy to explain to you why your little joke is unpopular.
I'll do it here. It was poorly veiled racist bullshit that doesn't have a place in civilized discussion. It makes vivalaReagan look like a piece of shit and entitles the community to treat them as such.
MOD TB12

Post by MOD TB12 »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:41 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:35 pm This is likely watching a public execution where the convicted brings their own rope.
Completely unnecessary too.

Been a long time since I seen a board suicide.
They are rare these days.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:49 pm
_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:47 pm
I'll do it here. It was poorly veiled racist bullshit that doesn't have a place in civilized discussion. It makes vivalaReagan look like a piece of shit and entitles the community to treat them as such.
Come, now. Our community has a long and illustrious history of tolerating explicit racism. What he did was walk through Team Discussion threads with his racist dog whistle and that really pisses people off who wanna talk about football. And he ain't the only one.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The MLK FBI tapes are a fun read.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:57 pm
The Outsider wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:49 pm

Come, now. Our community has a long and illustrious history of tolerating explicit racism. What he did was walk through Team Discussion threads with his racist dog whistle and that really pisses people off who wanna talk about football. And he ain't the only one.
There's that, too.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:45 pm I actually like VLR.

I like VLR too, a LOT but c’mon if they cannot see the error of that post then they need to take a minute and reflect. Smh and with so many posters seeing it the same way - that says everything too
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:06 am
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:45 pm I actually like VLR.

I like VLR too, a LOT but c’mon if they cannot see the error of that post then they need to take a minute and reflect. Smh and with so many posters seeing it the same way - that says everything too
They knew the error in their post. That's why they went on this tirade about it being removed then defiantly reposting it along with a "good bye" message.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Welp hopefully when/if they return they will contribute at their usual appropriate level again.
I said what I said

Nano

Post by Nano »

Random, but this was Gene Dekerhoff's last game.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Nano wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:28 pm Random, but this was Gene Dekerhoff's last game.
:(
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
nybf

Post by nybf »

Nano wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:28 pm Random, but this was Gene Dekerhoff's last game.
Did he confirm this? He said he was retiring from calling FSU games. But the TBT story about his retirement specifically says:
He takes inventory of his future with the Bucs at the end of every year and is expected to do so again after the 2022 season.
Snake

Post by Snake »

10+ years after thechronic said he was washed up.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

What a waste of a season. The coaching staff needed to be completely wiped out.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Al Bundy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:38 pm What a waste of a season. The coaching staff needed to be completely wiped out.
We definitely need a rb that can score 4 touchdowns in 1 game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Obsolete wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:08 am
Al Bundy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:38 pm What a waste of a season. The coaching staff needed to be completely wiped out.
We definitely need a rb that can score 4 touchdowns in 1 game.
I'll take a RB that can score 4 TDs in 1 season. We didn't even have that.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Is that true? Good lord thats pitiful.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Obsolete wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:56 am Is that true? Good lord thats pitiful.
Technically speaking, Lenny did have 6 TDs, but 3 came on the ground, 3 in the air. As a team we had 5 rushing TDs total, the other 2 came from White & Brady.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:00 am
Obsolete wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:56 am Is that true? Good lord thats pitiful.
Technically speaking, Lenny did have 6 TDs, but 3 came on the ground, 3 in the air. As a team we had 5 rushing TDs total, the other 2 came from White & Brady.
I mean when you get to the 2-yard line and throw it four times from there (ie Wild Card), your rushing TD #s are gonna be pretty low. I know that falls on Leftwich but it also falls on Bowles because as HC, you need to step in and say “Wtf are we doing?” At least Arians would have done that. Bowles just sits there his arms folded all game doing jackshit.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:19 am
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:00 am

I mean when you get to the 2-yard line and throw it four times from there (ie Wild Card), your rushing TD #s are gonna be pretty low. I know that falls on Leftwich but it also falls on Bowles because as HC, you need to step in and say “Wtf are we doing?” At least Arians would have done that. Bowles just sits there his arms folded all game doing jackshit.
Per the reporting it sounds like Bowles repeatedly told Leftwich to run the ball and Leftwich refused.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:45 pm
Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:19 am

Per the reporting it sounds like Bowles repeatedly told Leftwich to run the ball and Leftwich refused.
If he refused Arians, BA would throw a few expletives at him and yank that headset from BL’s ears. Guess Bowles just shrugs it off.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:22 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:45 pm

If he refused Arians, BA would throw a few expletives at him and yank that headset from BL’s ears. Guess Bowles just shrugs it off.
Arians would call the plays himself, but Bowles obviously cannot do that. Apparently Bowles went nuclear after one of the games and received the green light to fire Lefty. Unfortunately he also could not figure out anyone else who he felt could call the plays. So basically Leftwich has been a guarantee for firing since midseason.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The way he spoke about it the offense was very entrenched. Which is evident. The idea that Bowles could've just waived his magic HC wand and undone it all is naive at best.