Should Licht be fired?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Should Licht be fired?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:01 pm

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 35

Snake

Should Licht be fired?

Post by Snake »

Well?
Snake

Re: Should Licht be fired?

Post by Snake »

I’m glad he spent money on Russell Gage instead of, well, anything else.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Probably should be but won't of course. Despite his 66-80 regular season record, he is 5-2 in the playoffs as GM.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:06 pm Probably should be but won't of course. Despite his 66-80 regular season record, he is 5-2 in the playoffs as GM.
Tommy isn’t gonna be here to buoy that RS record anymore. Curious if he’s still employed after they go 4-13.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

No, he's had some very good drafts for us and has been our best GM since Rich McKay. I don't care to go back to the days of Bruce Allen and Mark Dominik. Give him a chance to hand pick his own HC and then see what happens.
Snake

Post by Snake »

This was his record before GOAT showed up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:09 pm No, he's had some very good drafts for us and has been our best GM since Rich McKay. I don't care to go back to the days of Bruce Allen and Mark Dominik. Give him a chance to hand pick his own HC and then see what happens.
Dirk Koetter. Bruce Arians. He's handed picked his own HC before.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I think he’s done a poor job the past two offseasons, but I also think he needs to be the one to deal with the salary cap issues he created. As long as he’s willing to accept a rebuild and not keep kicking the cap hits down the road for another embarrassing playoff exit.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:12 pm
The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:09 pm No, he's had some very good drafts for us and has been our best GM since Rich McKay. I don't care to go back to the days of Bruce Allen and Mark Dominik. Give him a chance to hand pick his own HC and then see what happens.
Dirk Koetter. Bruce Arians. He's handed picked his own HC before.
For some reason, in my head Licht came in with Arians. I completely forgot he was the GM that hired Koetter.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Fire Licht? Are we serious right now?

Like some of you are just desperate to go back to the dark ages aren't you
Snake

Post by Snake »

I do take any draft picks post-Tom Brady with a grain of salt because it was about immediate contributions.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

So yeah, fire everyone. I'm ready for another decade plus of the Yucks.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

The question that needs to be asked is do you have confidence in him to draft a franchise QB? Winston and Trask are his track record. I'm gonna go with no. This brain trust will be fired after next season.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:14 pm Fire Licht? Are we serious right now?

Watching Leftwhich pretend to be an NFL OC is a recurring nightmare, dark age worthy.
Max

Post by Max »

Licht did a great job creating this championship window.

He did a terrible job maximizing it.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:14 pm Fire Licht? Are we serious right now?

Licht was 39-62 before the best player of all time fell into his lap. A player who was set to sign with another team before they inexplicably pulled out. And was left with two total offers. One being the Bucs.

39-62.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Redrum wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:16 pm The question that needs to be asked is do you have confidence in him to draft a franchise QB? Winston and Trask are his track record. I'm gonna go with no. This brain trust will be fired after next season.
Yeah, I definitely don’t trust him to evaluate quarterback prospects. No way.
Max

Post by Max »

I think it's also fair to put this season on him. Both Bowles and Leftwich are trash, obviously, but he's the one who brought them in (or signed off on bringing them in) and he decided to stick with them mid-season.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 pm Licht did a great job creating this championship window.

He got a ring in this window. It's something 90%-95% of teams don't do. You're delusional. His overall body of work is debatable but he absolutely maximized this window.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Fuck no.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Wait wait wait... so even after everything we've just seen we have really circled all the way back around to the "Brady gifted OBP a ring" bs?
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

We need a new regime. It's time to start over.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:22 pm Wait wait wait... so even after everything we've just seen we have really circled all the way back around to the "Brady gifted OBP a ring" bs?
Yeah, because it was going so well with Jason‘s boy Jameis. Lmao!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Who did Jason compare Jameis’s leadership to? Alexander the Great?

Hahahahha
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:20 pm
Max wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 pm Licht did a great job creating this championship window.

He got a ring in this window. It's something 90%-95% of teams don't do. You're delusional. His overall body of work is debatable but he absolutely maximized this window.
Google maximizing retard
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Only if Brady skips town. At this point, if he goes it's not gonna get a whole lot better
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Not only would this board have ousted Licht the moment he passed on Winston, but it would have also been a loss anyways with Mariota.

"That time Licht didn't pass on a QB with the super needed QB team and the #1 pick"... that is your attack. Wow, some of you have really gone way off the deep end.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I wouldn't fire him.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:41 am I wouldn't fire him.
When would you? We're about to go through a rebuild. Do you have any faith he's the guy to steer it in the right direction? He took over a rebuilding Bucs team. Seven years, three head coaches, and a Tom Brady later, we turned it around. See what I'm saying?

The Royals just fired Dayton Moore, who built the 2014/2015 World Series teams, because it became clear that he was not capable of doing so again. I hope we don't wait seven years to figure that out with Licht.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

MJW wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:57 am
When would you? We're about to go through a rebuild. Do you have any faith he's the guy to steer it in the right direction? He took over a rebuilding Bucs team. Seven years, three head coaches, and a Tom Brady later, we turned it around. See what I'm saying?

The Royals just fired Dayton Moore, who built the 2014/2015 World Series teams, because it became clear that he was not capable of doing so again. I hope we don't wait seven years to figure that out with Licht.
I'd try to pilfer someone from Howie Roseman's crew to come steer the ship out of the depths.

We also need a new and impartial set of eyes to really appraise this roster and make some tough decisions.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:57 am

If I were in charge I'd be keeping Bowles as well for another year, where Leftwich and Brady are gone so that Bowles has a year with an offensive coordinator of his choosing, and perhaps more importantly undisputed command and responsibility for the team's successes and failures. In such a situation, changing GMs just to make a point would be rather fruitless.

The Glazers have never fired a head coach after one year and I doubt they start now. For me they'd get one more year to get it right. Either they sink so poorly without Brady that we get a high draft pick for the next regime, or they swim so well that they show me they still deserve to be here.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

How many perennial all-pros has Licht drafted?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

And I'm sorry but I also don't by this "full on rebuild" nonsense either. People said the said thing when they were trying to get rid of Winston.

FFS every time you're unsure about QB does not mean you have to "rebuild", which is usually just code for "tank for a qb hero".
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This is not a good 53 man roster. It's old, overpaid, overrated. This offseason needs to be spent unloading salary and upgrading multiple positions, more than people think.

There are some good young pieces on offense in Otton, Wirfs, White. Evans, Godwin, Jensen, Gage are getting up there in age and price.

Defense I think we saw who they really are last night. We have nothing in terms of a pass rush. There isn't much trustworthy youth to speak of. DW will likely be paid but he was not that great this year. AWJ is becoming very injury prone and has had now 3 concussions in 2 seasons along with various other foot and ankle injuries. How long can his play style hold on? CD3 probably had one of his worst years as a starter. Who you brining back among Dean/SMB/Edwards/Ryan/Neal?

So Licht deserves credit for helping build a SB team. But that might as well be 5 years ago.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:27 am And I'm sorry but I also don't by this "full on rebuild" nonsense either. People said the said thing when they were trying to get rid of Winston.

FFS every time you're unsure about QB does not mean you have to "rebuild", which is usually just code for "tank for a qb hero".
The team is 40 million plus OVER the cap and lacks young talent basically everywhere with the exception of Wirfs and Winfield. We might have one of the worst rosters in the league on paper next year while being desperate for cap space, that’s a rebuild lol. When we moved on from Winston we had a ton of cap space and the team was trending up from a talent perspective.

If it were just Brady walking away from a young team with some cap space, then that’s different. But we dried up our resources trying to win another Super Bowl and now we need to rebuild the entire roster.