Should Bowles and Leftwich be fired?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Should Bowles and Leftwich be fired?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:48 pm

Yes - both
76%
Yes - only Bowles
No votes
Yes - only Leftwich
13%
No
11%

Total votes: 45

Doctor

Re: Should Bowles and Leftwich be fired?

Post by Doctor »

If "adjustment" is the keyword, maybe we should listen to the players' takes on it.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Bowles is a fucktard HC no matter what his own current players say. But ya let's ignore everything we saw live cause his own players said he's the beststest hc
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bowles referenced a SB hangover as a criticism of some players.

Interesting how that “hangover” didn’t kick in until he took over as head coach…2 seasons after the SB lol.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Heisenberg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:41 pm Bowles is a fucktard HC no matter what his own current players say. But ya let's ignore everything we saw live cause his own players said he's the beststest hc

Sir, you do need to lay out your agenda in a simple but easy to read manor. I'm growing weary of just pot banging.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Heisenberg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:26 pm
Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:35 pm Many of you discuss halftime adjustments teams make and complain that Bowles/Leftwich never make any and point to that as one of the reasons they suck and should be fired. Well...

Well he's a qb. And It doesn't have to happen inside the locker room. But if the same formation of shotgun with a rb to your left fails 80% of the time, the OC and coach should notice that and adjust accordingly. Or if your D is getting ripped a new one by a no name qb with no starts, it might be time for our hc/DC to do something different. Adjustment is the key word, not halftime.
Right. And that was also addressed in the article I posted.
Further, if there are adjustments to be made, chances are players like Manning are just as capable of making them on the field as they are in the locker room.

Nearly any time you see a quarterback on the sideline while their defense is on the field, you will see him holding a tablet, looking for a weakness in the opposing defense that can be exploited the next time out.
This is where, imo, the adjustments take place. On the sidelines while looking at tape. We see the Bucs doing that as well. Of course, in our case, it never seemed to translate to improved play on the field this season. So, even if that is how adjustments are done, our team failed miserably.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

Insane statistic

BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:44 am Insane statistic

It's just as atrocious for 3 and 10 and more as well

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Leftwich is a super bowl winning OC tho, so we must keep him and ignore all statistics that say he's a dumb fuck.
nybf

Post by nybf »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:22 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:44 am Insane statistic

Wow. Our 3rd and 10 or longer numbers are as bad as our 3rd and 11 or longer numbers?

It's like a fucking mensa convention around here.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:33 am
Heisenberg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:26 pm
Well he's a qb. And It doesn't have to happen inside the locker room. But if the same formation of shotgun with a rb to your left fails 80% of the time, the OC and coach should notice that and adjust accordingly. Or if your D is getting ripped a new one by a no name qb with no starts, it might be time for our hc/DC to do something different. Adjustment is the key word, not halftime.
Right. And that was also addressed in the article I posted.
Further, if there are adjustments to be made, chances are players like Manning are just as capable of making them on the field as they are in the locker room.

Nearly any time you see a quarterback on the sideline while their defense is on the field, you will see him holding a tablet, looking for a weakness in the opposing defense that can be exploited the next time out.
This is where, imo, the adjustments take place. On the sidelines while looking at tape. We see the Bucs doing that as well. Of course, in our case, it never seemed to translate to improved play on the field this season. So, even if that is how adjustments are done, our team failed miserably.
The only adjustments our staff knows is more screens or shotgun furry. Neither ever worked obviously.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

nybf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:31 am
BucsNBills wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:22 am

Wow. Our 3rd and 10 or longer numbers are as bad as our 3rd and 11 or longer numbers?

Not really. You're intentionally making an antagonistic post for...reasons, and didn't think about the statistic I linked.

It's an additional data point which further supports the tweet I quoted. An additional 27 attempts were observed on 3-10 and we were still terrible at those conversions as well. If say, we were 25 for 68 on 3-10+ vs 0-41 on 3 and 11+, that would be an interesting efficiency bump that should warrant further investigation.

If posts like yours don't stop(and others), this community is going to continue tearing apart at the seams. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to come off so rude when all I did was link a tweet that our main beat writer posted.

Be a reason this community is welcoming and fun, and not what you are currently.

Have a good day.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Per Stroud, Leftwich officially fired
Last edited by Kona on Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If I were a betting man, I'd say the Arians influence is being eliminated from the coaching staff. Very interested to see who these 7 assistants are we're letting go.

Last edited by King Bootz on Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:24 am
Thank you lord
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Bowles needs to go next. Revert him back to DC if you really want to keep him. The guy is not HC material
nybf

Post by nybf »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:40 am
nybf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:31 am

Not really. You're intentionally making an antagonistic post for...reasons, and didn't think about the statistic I linked.

It's an additional data point which further supports the tweet I quoted. An additional 27 attempts were observed on 3-10 and we were still terrible at those conversions as well. If say, we were 25 for 68 on 3-10+ vs 0-41 on 3 and 11+, that would be an interesting efficiency bump that should warrant further investigation.

If posts like yours don't stop(and others), this community is going to continue tearing apart at the seams. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to come off so rude when all I did was link a tweet that our main beat writer posted.

Be a reason this community is welcoming and fun, and not what you are currently.

Have a good day.
If you want to show that efficiency bump, you frame it out as a separate number.

The Bucs converted 25 of 27 on exactly 3rd and 10
The Bucs converted 0 of 41 on 3rd and 11 or longer

Much more concise and easy to parse out than comparing 3rd and 10+ to 3rd and 11+.

But please, type up another windbag driven block of text talking out of your ass, Mr Chicken Little himself. Maybe start yet another fucking thread about not liking Bowles. We sure don't have enough of those.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

It’s about time!!!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bye-ron
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:24 am If I were a betting man, I'd say the Arians influence is being eliminated from the coaching staff. Very interested to see who these 7 assistants are we're letting go.

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Could have happened but it kind of worries me that as of now Stroud is the only Bucs reporter to reporting this news. Every other publication is citing him.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Always feel for the guys on some level. It’s humiliating.

But, he wasn’t putting the team in the best situation to succeed.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This is also true and why he won't be the only one let go.

BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:49 am Always feel for the guys on some level. It’s humiliating.

Everyone here by now knows I want Bowles fired, but he deserves credit for making this move. Couldn't have been easy for him since they go way back, and I imagine this probably drew the ire of Arians as well who is another long time friend. But it had to happen as Leftwhich demonstrated he was unable to adapt the offense and his play calling has been picked apart for it's inefficiency.

I just hope a thorough OC search is conducted and we hopefully bring in some fresh and modern concepts to the offense.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:54 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:49 am Always feel for the guys on some level. It’s humiliating.

Everyone here by now knows I want Bowles fired, but he deserves credit for making this move. Couldn't have been easy for him since they go way back, and I imagine this probably drew the ire of Arians as well who is another long time friend. But it had to happen as Leftwhich demonstrated he was unable to adapt the offense and his play calling has been picked apart for it's inefficiency.

I just hope a thorough OC search is conducted and we hopefully bring in some fresh and modern concepts to the offense.
You'd be okay with one of those mobile QBs who are ruining the game?
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:53 am This is also true and why he won't be the only one let go.

Yep, can’t deny that
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:53 am This is also true and why he won't be the only one let go.

He still has to eat the blame for failing to adapt the offense to the current roster.

If the Ravens replace Lamar Jackson with Tom Brady, and Greg Roman continues to call naked bootlegs and designed QB runs, who will be at fault for the embarrassing drop in rushing production?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Every team in the NFL deals with injuries.

This is just more whataboutism that willfully ignores how his offense has regressed in every single way, including but not limited to having the worst running game in the NFL, plummeting in points scored, and being literally incapable of converting from 3rd and 11+.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:56 am

This is just more whataboutism that willfully ignores how his offense has regressed in every single way, including but not limited to having the worst running game in the NFL, plummeting in points scored, and being literally incapable of converting from 3rd and 11+.
I'm all for holding people accountable for the jobs they do or don't do. Just not selectively. We know Licht won't be held accountable. But according to Stroud, Leftwich and as many as 5 coaches on offense will be.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:55 am
BucsNBills wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:54 am

You'd be okay with one of those mobile QBs who are ruining the game?
Of course. I have an idea of how the game should be played. I enjoyed the QB position because it wasn't just about being an athlete. It allowed lanky giraffes and accounting looking dorks like Payton Manning to become stars.

But that's clearly no longer the meta within the league, whether I like it or not. So, at this point, there's no point in fighting the tide.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Real question will come in March/April. Will players be held accountable as well or do they continue to get passes for shitty play?
nybf

Post by nybf »

If he wasn't humiliated with his nonsensical answers he gave after nearly every game, I don't know if anything could humiliate him.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:59 am
Cheb wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:56 am

I'm all for holding people accountable for the jobs they do or don't do. Just not selectively. We know Licht won't be held accountable. But according to Stroud, Leftwich and as many as 5 coaches on offense will be.
I agree, which is why I'm all for a clean slate. Byron was not the only person at fault for this disaster of a season. Arians is for scheming Bowles into the HC positioni. Licht is at fault for failing to provide the roster with adequate offensive line talent. Bowles is at fault for not forcing earlier changes in the offense plus his own coaching issues during game day and his defenses being torn to shreds by the good offenses we faced.

Brady is at fault for making a stupid snap decision with his retirement and the dragging his personal life into the season. I imagine Brady isn't the only person on the roster that is dealing with baby mama/wife/family drama yet nobody else got to use that as an excuse. He also likely helped set the tone for the season by skipping out on half of camp, and then going to wedding parties and not traveling with the team and playing like shit against backup DBs.

Devin White has yet to be held accountable for his flat line progression curve.

The list goes on. They should all be held accountable but Licht isn't going to fire himself, and neither is Bowles. So unless the Glazers step in and make a change, then Byron and the other assistants will likely be the only ones who's heads will roll.

is it fair? Is it all that could be done? Nope, but at least it's a start.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

There are already a couple of teams that want Leftnut. He DID help win a Super Bowl, and that will always be on his resume. Embarrassing? Maybe. But not for long.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:48 am Could have happened but it kind of worries me that as of now Stroud is the only Bucs reporter to reporting this news. Every other publication is citing him.
Auman tweeted it as well as NFL.com:

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-fir ... ur-seasons
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Honestly this tells me we don't plan to bring Brady back. Leftwich was basically running Arians archaic system that catered to statue QBs.