The Official 2023 NFL Off-Season Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: The Official 2023 NFL Off-Season Thread

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:23 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:21 pm

I don't hate on Luck at all. I simply have asked the same question for years now that never gets answered with anything tangible and people rely on "but his talent".
What's tangible is the several years he was the 2nd/3rd best QB in the league. And the fact that he literally made TY Hilton's career.
Based on what?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:25 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:23 pm

What's tangible is the several years he was the 2nd/3rd best QB in the league. And the fact that he literally made TY Hilton's career.
Based on what?
All of the available metrics that football fans are provided?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:27 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:25 pm

Based on what?
All of the available metrics that football fans are provided?
None of those metrics suggests he was ever top 3 at any point in his career. Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo. Those are the names that are among the top QBs during early Luck's career.

So point to a specific year or years where he was the "2nd or 3rd" best QB and we can take a look.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Things like adding him to the team as a rookie brought them from winning 2 games the season before to winning 11 games and making the playoffs immediately after drafting Luck.

Making the playoffs his first three seasons as a starter on a team that wasn't that good.

His 4th season the team went 8-8 because he had a lacerated kidney and missed ~half the season.

His 5th season they again made the playoffs and he continued to set franchise passing records (those records belong to Peyton Manning, widely considered to be one of the best QBs of all time).

Then came the shoulder injury and his lost 2017 season.

Then in 2018 he comes back and leads the Colts to the playoffs, again, before deciding to retire.

He made 4 pro bowls in 6 seasons. Lead the league in passing TDs in 2014. The last season he played was unarguably his most efficient season as a passer as well, so he was still trending upwards after the shoulder injury.

He also won Comeback Player of the Year in 2018. He was a 2x AFC Player of the month, 5x AFC player of the week, etc.

But yeah, he retired early so he clearly wasn't capable of living up to his potential.

P.S. That's a fucking stacked resume for what is essentially 5.5 years of playing QB.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Between 2012 and 2018 Ben Roethlisberger had 2 seasons that were arguably better than Luck. Tony Romo was already fading away the year Luck was drafted and only played 2 seasons past that, and wasn't great (outside of the 2014 season).

Brees I forgot about because he gives me PTSD, but people forget that from 2012-2016 Brees averaged something like 15 INTs a season. Hell, the year Luck was drafted Brees lead the league in INTs with 19.

So we'll call it top 4/5 for a QB who was fresh into the league and still developing.
Snake

Post by Snake »

You’d be hard pressed to find a more impactful rookie QB. He came in ready-made. If you were starting a franchise and you had to take a rookie quarterback all time and you didn’t know much about your situation… he’d be a pretty damn good addition. And he’s a goddamn genius, to boot.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

None of those are metrics that put him above his peers and make him the #2 or #3 QB at any time period. In fact most of what you say isn't even true.

It's interesting with Luck. When you ask what makes any other QB a top QB in this league, the answer comes easily. With Luck, people make such polarizing and contradictory arguments. @MJW criticizing using wins as a QB metric, yet with Luck its the primary "metric". Pro Bowls for other players are popularity contests, yet for Luck should be celebrated.

As far as Colts passing records, most of the records Luck has are rookie records. He only holds 1 Colts record beyond his rookie year, passing yards in a season. You know how much we loved Jameis here because of his YARDS YARDS YARDS. You made up him continuing to pass Peyton on Colts records.

Pretty good resumé. But hardly once in a generation or top 2 or 3 at any point.
Snake

Post by Snake »

In my opinion, he was never in a great situation. At best, he had adequate help. And I do believe that is stretching it.

This is the organization that drafted Trent Richardson in the first round. Traded the first round pick to get him.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:57 pm None of those are metrics that put him above his peers and make him the #2 or #3 QB at any time period. In fact most of what you say isn't even true.

It's interesting with Luck. When you ask what makes any other QB a top QB in this league, the answer comes easily. With Luck, people make such polarizing and contradictory arguments. @MJW criticizing using wins as a QB metric, yet with Luck its the primary "metric". Pro Bowls for other players are popularity contests, yet for Luck should be celebrated.

As far as Colts passing records, most of the records Luck has are rookie records. He only holds 1 Colts record beyond his rookie year, passing yards in a season. You know how much we loved Jameis here because of his YARDS YARDS YARDS. You made up him continuing to pass Peyton on Colts records.

Pretty good resumé. But hardly once in a generation or top 2 or 3 at any point.
You're latching on to a small, relatively insignificant facet of my argument that I already conceded. That's the problem with trying to have a conversation with you. I'm trying to talk about the forest and you're fixated on a single tree (or, like two trees right now). On top of that I end up having to explain things that I feel should be pretty intuitive to the average human football fan, especially given we're basically the same age.

Pro Bowls can be harder or easier to get depending on the position. I think QB is probably the most difficult position at which to make it on name alone. An ILBer is more likely to make a pro bowl due to exposure by being in a large market than a QB is because QB play is the centerpiece of the entirety of the NFL. To dumb it down, QB play is the most overtly visible and therefor easily judged aspect of an NFL game for your average fan. It's the most talked about NFL related thing on sports shows, etc.

This is why Bobby Wagner has far more in terms of accolades (Pro Bowls included) than Lavonte David does while having nearly identical statistical careers.

I'll give you the records thing, but with the caveat that the year he did that he had this stat line:

Which I think, paired with an 11-5 playoff season, any of us would have taken over any Jameis season ever. The only Jameis-esque thing about that is the fumbles and that wasn't a consistent problem for Luck like it was every year for Winston.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:47 pm Between 2012 and 2018 Ben Roethlisberger had 2 seasons that were arguably better than Luck. Tony Romo was already fading away the year Luck was drafted and only played 2 seasons past that, and wasn't great (outside of the 2014 season).

Brees I forgot about because he gives me PTSD, but people forget that from 2012-2016 Brees averaged something like 15 INTs a season. Hell, the year Luck was drafted Brees lead the league in INTs with 19.

So we'll call it top 4/5 for a QB who was fresh into the league and still developing.
Again, most of this isn't true & is warping reality.

Between 2012-2018 Roethlisberger had a lower passer rating than Luck twice. Never had a lower QBR than him.

Romo actually led the league in Passer rating and QB efficiency in 2014. He never had a lower passer rating than Luck during his career.

And here's the biggest lie you've told. From 2012-2018 Brees played all 7 seasons, missed 2 games. He threw 87 picks. An average of 12.4/year

From 2012-2018 Luck played by your metric, 5.5 seasons. He threw 83 picks. An average of....wait for it.....15.09/year.

I don't know what it is about Luck that people feel they have to fabricate. He didn't have a bad career. But the need to embellish kind of diminishes Amy argument for him being seen as a top QB over his career.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:22 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:47 pm Between 2012 and 2018 Ben Roethlisberger had 2 seasons that were arguably better than Luck. Tony Romo was already fading away the year Luck was drafted and only played 2 seasons past that, and wasn't great (outside of the 2014 season).

Between 2012-2018 Roethlisberger had a lower passer rating than Luck twice. Never had a lower QBR than him.

Romo actually led the league in Passer rating and QB efficiency in 2014. He never had a lower passer rating than Luck during his career.

And here's the biggest lie you've told. From 2012-2018 Brees played all 7 seasons, missed 2 games. He threw 87 picks. An average of 12.4/year

From 2012-2018 Luck played by your metric, 5.5 seasons. He threw 83 picks. An average of....wait for it.....15.09/year.

I don't know what it is about Luck that people feel they have to fabricate. He didn't have a bad career. But the need to embellish kind of diminishes Amy argument for him being seen as a top QB over his career.
1. QBR and passer rating are cool but they aren't the end-all-be-all of evaluation.
2. I mentioned Romo's 2014 season. See above.
3. I was off by 2.6 by looking at the numbers and not even quarter-assed doing the math in my head.
4. Luck never got a chance to hit his peak so that's kind of irrelevant. QBs tend to throw more picks in the beginning of their careers.
5. I didn't fabricate or embellish anything, douche bag.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:26 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:22 pm

1. QBR and passer rating are cool but they aren't the end-all-be-all of evaluation.
2. I mentioned Romo's 2014 season. See above.
3. I was off by 2.6 by looking at the numbers and not even quarter-assed doing the math in my head.
4. Luck never got a chance to hit his peak so that's kind of irrelevant. QBs tend to throw more picks in the beginning of their careers.
5. I didn't fabricate or embellish anything, douche bag.
1. No, they aren't the end all be all. But they are measurable indications of players performances in this league. To this point everything you've used has been completely intangible and opinion based to support Luck. Or fabricated.

2. Romo was also better in 2012, 2013 and 2015.

3. 2.6 is quite substantial. But you used 15 as a criticism of Brees when in fact Luck threw that same number of picks/year for his career. Now you're brushing it off?

4. This has been my position all along. He never had a chance to live up to his hype. So no need to argue that he was better than he was during his career. He was decent, made a few pro Bowls, but he was never that once in a generation player.

5. You did. I called you out on it and show you how. So no need to deny. Your anger and name calling tells me you know you lied.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Geno Smith will be franchised if the Seahawks can't work out a long term deal with him.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think the tape matters a lot with Luck. Tape is subjective, of course. But healthy Luck always looked elite to me.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I have high hopes that Aaron Rodgers stays put. Playing his entire career with the Packers would be pretty cool I think. Even if it “only” amounted to one ring.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Matt Stafford is returning as Rams QB in 2023. Bit of ironic, the Niners finished 13-4 and won this division yet they are the only team in this division who don't know who their starting QB will be in 2023.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:54 am No one is trading for Carr. Thats a very limited ceiling. Always has been. Its just that the Raiders mistook his outliers as the norm. If you looked up .500 QB in the football dictionary, his picture would be there.
But, but, he wrote such a nice note to the Raider Nation. That's gotta be good for something.
Push the damned button already!
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:28 pm Matt Stafford is returning as Rams QB in 2023. Bit of ironic, the Niners finished 13-4 and won this division yet they are the only team in this division who don't know who their starting QB will be in 2023.
I think they know after today. Lance is trade bait, Garoppolo is an expensive backup.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:26 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:28 pm Matt Stafford is returning as Rams QB in 2023. Bit of ironic, the Niners finished 13-4 and won this division yet they are the only team in this division who don't know who their starting QB will be in 2023.
I think they know after today. Lance is trade bait, Garoppolo is an expensive backup.
Then there's this report that they are interested in Brady.

They truly have a lot to sort out once the year is over.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Their QBotF is Brock Purdy if they have a lick of sense.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Purdy's emergence along with the way he plays has reminded me a lot of Tony Romo.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:22 pm
Their QBotF is Brock Purdy if they have a lick of sense.
As a fan of this team, I don't pretend to mistake their success for commonsense.

This is a team that wanted to replace the QB that helped them get to a Superbowl. They wanted to replace him so badly, they traded 3 1sts & a 3rd for a talented promising yet inexperienced QB prospect. They then sat him on the bench and played the QB they wanted to replace. When he took them as far as they were going with him, they announced that they were moving on to the young QB they traded a ton of draft capital for and sent the other QB home. Then extremely late in the game, instead of releasing him, they re-signed him to backup the guy who replaced him. Head into 2022, the young QB gets hurt and is out for the year. The guy he replaced plays and he eventually gets hurt and is replaced by a Mr Irrelevant who runs the system as it's designed without the mistakes of the QB who took them to the SB. And even with his success, reportedly the Niners are interested in Tom Brady.

So no, I'm not going to pretend to even begin to know what they want to do. Nor am I going to pretend they have a lick of sense.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Yeah, I have to agree with Bootz on this whole issue.

He has one real trait - he's pretty icewater when getting pressured. And that's a HUGE trait to have. But otherwise? Arm strength is below average. Accuracy is okay, but it looks better than it is because of all the open receivers the 49ers scheme. A whole lot of his production is just how good the 49ers are after the catch.

He's a huge beneficiary of playing in one of the best schemes in the league, for one of the best QB mentors in the league, surrounded by players who routinely turn short completions into chunk yardage. I mean, this is basically what CMC, Deebo, Kittle, and Aiyuk do best.

Again...I am incredibly impressed with how calm he stays under pressure, and how willing he is to take a hit to deliver the ball. But these are literally the only traits he NEEDS to be successful in this situation. The scheme and the guys around him do the rest.

Here, look at the highlights from the Seahawks game. Count the tight window completions:

I count 1 at 1:49.

Put this kid in Indianapolis, and I'm not sure he beats out Sam Ehlinger for a job.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

And this is why A. Kyle Shanahan can plug and play any QB he pleases and will have success and B. also why I'm dubious about the Brady interest. He'd have to go back to the drawing board with the concepts of this system. I can't see Brady running naked bootlegs, rollout, and RPOs. Literally all a QB has to be able to do in this offense is throw the ball 5-10 yards down the field or hit a wide open guy. Look at nearly every big play or TD Brock has had, it's someone getting a ton of YAC.

Which brings me to Lance. Kyle wanted a QB who could help open up the offense and threaten defenses down the field, outside the numbers, and could go toe to toe with other QBs should there ever be a situation where you have to lean on your QB. That wasn't Jimmy. That's not really Brock. That's why they traded so much capital for Lance.

The confusing part is they opted to sit Lance despite his talent and investment. The way Kyle operated the offense with Lance, making all of these designed QB runs, RPOs, etc as if he can't pass was extremely confusing. When he got hurt, Kyle even apologized for the way he operated the system.

But that said, what Lance provides is why I don't think the Niners will be so quick to try and trade him. He can do everything Brock can do. Brock can't do what Trey Lance can do and they know this. That's why there's no commitment to Brock past this season.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I'm a huge TL fan, but it's fair to say the first two years of his career - from the sitting, to the return of Jimmy G, to the wasted injury year - have been a disaster.

IMHO, the 49ers have two real options:

1) Just take the L on Lance, re-sign Jimmy G., trade Lance for what you can get (which will be significant IMHO), let Purdy be a dirt cheap quality backup, and move forward. This to me is the most likely scenario if Jimmy G. wins them a Chip, or comes very close.

2) Otherwise, they let Jimmy G walk and let Lance and Purdy go 10 rounds for the job in camp.

There are obviously other ways they COULD go here, but these are the two options I'm really discussing if I'm Lynch and Shanny Jr.
Let's roll another joint
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Brock Purdy has won every start he's had, a perfect 6-0. Including the Miami game (where Jimmy had only four passes before getting hurt), he's 7-0.

Yes Cheb, I hear you say, but the Niners were on a win streak with Jimmy before he got hurt. What Brock is doing is replaceable because his team is so good.

Not so fast my friend.

Extrapolating Purdy's play in the regular season as a starter over a full 17-game season gives an even more ringing endorsement towards keeping him. Dude was on pace for a season of 3733 passing yards, which would have been 10th in the NFL between Trevor Lawrence and Jalen Hurts.
Not bad at all, and they won all but one of those games by double digits, which may have deflated that total over what it could otherwise have been.

Even more impressive is that Purdy was on pace for an eye-opening 37 passing TDs, which would have been second in the league behind Mahomes' 41. Yes. Second in the NFL.

Which brings us to today, where in his first playoff start Brock Purdy clapped a Pete Carroll defense to the tune of 300+ yards and four total touchdowns.

How the fuck do you bench a guy like that?

What person in their right mind sees that kind of production, which is not what Jimmy or Trey were giving the Niners, and wants to bench him? "Sorry dude, you were not as highly drafted as Trey Lance, so back to the second string you go." Brock Purdy has a non-zero chance of becoming the next Tom Brady, and is showing that week after week before our very eyes. Only a moron would bench him until he gives you a reason to show him that bench. And if the Niners were so foolish, I can guarantee that they are going to be fielding phone calls about trade options.

Unless Brock Purdy does something astronomically stupid between now and next season, he should be QB1 for the Niners for the foreseeable future, no matter who looks better in 7-on-7s in shorts. Sorry Lance, sorry Jimmy. We found the guy who may just win us the Superbowl.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:17 am Brock Purdy has won every start he's had, a perfect 6-0. Including the Miami game (where Jimmy had only four passes before getting hurt), he's 7-0.

Yes Cheb, I hear you say, but the Niners were on a win streak with Jimmy before he got hurt. What Brock is doing is replaceable because his team is so good.

Not so fast my friend.

Extrapolating Purdy's play in the regular season as a starter over a full 17-game season gives an even more ringing endorsement towards keeping him. Dude was on pace for a season of 3733 passing yards, which would have been 10th in the NFL between Trevor Lawrence and Jalen Hurts.
Not bad at all, and they won all but one of those games by double digits, which may have deflated that total over what it could otherwise have been.

Even more impressive is that Purdy was on pace for an eye-opening 37 passing TDs, which would have been second in the league behind Mahomes' 41. Yes. Second in the NFL.

Which brings us to today, where in his first playoff start Brock Purdy clapped a Pete Carroll defense to the tune of 300+ yards and four total touchdowns.

What person in their right mind sees that kind of production, which is not what Jimmy or Trey were giving the Niners, and wants to bench him? "Sorry dude, you were not as highly drafted as Trey Lance, so back to the second string you go." Brock Purdy has a non-zero chance of becoming the next Tom Brady, and is showing that week after week before our very eyes. Only a moron would bench him until he gives you a reason to show him that bench. And if the Niners were so foolish, I can guarantee that they are going to be fielding phone calls about trade options.

Unless Brock Purdy does something astronomically stupid between now and next season, he should be QB1 for the Niners for the foreseeable future, no matter who looks better in 7-on-7s in shorts. Sorry Lance, sorry Jimmy. We found the guy who may just win us the Superbowl.
We're talking about two different things, I think -

One, Purdy's value ATM to the 49ers.
Two, Purdy's actual value if he left.

As for part one, nobody is saying he hasn't played well. But those numbers you mentioned? Do me a favor and watch the 2 minute video I posted. See how much of Purdy's production wasn't just a) throwing to wide-open targets who had been schemed well by a brilliant coach, b) dump offs that were made into chunk plays because of how good the 49ers RAC ability is or c) no-read designed plays that are basically pre-planned dump offs?

I count 1 - 1 big boy throw that I wouldn't expect any Replacement Level QB to make - that's when he beat Cover 2 at 1:49 with a frankly ugly, underthrown ball.

Does any of this mean he doesn't have value to the 49ers? Of course not! But do I hand him the job next year because of it? No. He can compete with Lance (very tough to see Jimmy G coming back there at this point.) If he's what you think he is, he should be able to win the job.

Point Two is the point I find more interesting. Let me put it bluntly:

If some team - The Colts, The Commanders, US, pays the 49ers for this kid based on his production, thinking we're going to plug him in and see him do these things, it would be an Anthony Collins level blunder. This guy needs Shanny Jr and those RAC guys MUCH MUCH MUCH more than Shanny Jr needs him.
Let's roll another joint
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

So “you’re” telling me that the last pick in the draft can come in and do a pretty good job after never taking a snap, but we don’t wanna give Trask a shot because, “I know he’s ass”
Hmmmm
MJW

Post by MJW »

Predicted 2023 Quarterbacks, Based On Nothing:

Set In Stone, Barring Injury Or Suspension:
Bills - Josh Allen
Steelers - Kenny Pickett
Ravens - Lamar Jackson
Browns - DeShaun Watson
Bengals - Joe Burrow
Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence
Chargers - Justin Herbert
Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes
Broncos - Russell Wilson
Cowboys - Dak Prescott
Eagles - Jalen Hurts

Heavy Favorites:
Patriots - Mac Jones
Cardinals - Kyler Murray
Rams - Matthew Stafford
Vikings - Kirk Cousins
Bears - Justin Fields
Lions - Jared Goff

Dude, I Dunno:
Dolphins - Jimmy G. Love the idea of a reunion with Mike McDaniel.
Jets - Mike White. Why not?
Giants - Daniel Jones. A short-term re-sign makes the most sense for everyone as I type this.
Raiders - Aaron Rodgers. This is some Raiders type shit. Reunite him with Davante Adams, why not?
Packers - Jordan Love. Now or never.
Texans - C.J. Stroud. I feel pretty good about this one, actually.
49ers - Brock Purdy. Like Cheb said, tough to bench him now.
Falcons - Trey Lance. The next domino.
Panthers - Bryce Young. After a huge trade-up with the Bears.
Colts - Will Levis. There are no more redshirts for NFL quarterbacks.
Titans - Tom Brady. Playing for dear friend Mike Vrabel could energize him again.
Commanders - Cooper Rush. I could see them trying this in an attempt to irritate Dallas.
Bucs - Baker Mayfield. Get hyped, Buc Nation!
Saints - Zach Wilson. That little bitch in New Orleans makes sense.
Seahawks - Derek Carr. Good fit, really, for where they're at.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Looks like you can move Tua up. Dolphins don't believe his concussions will hinder his long term career and plan to keep him.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Well they can wish in one hand, and shit in the other, and see which one gets CTE first.

Two broken wrists.
Surgery on both ankles.
Dislocated hip.
Multiple concussions.

And he’s not yet 25.
Last edited by Snake on Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Also, speaking of Miami and McDaniel, let me say this about the Brock vs Trey Saga.

You see that offense Miami is running? That's what Kyle Shanahan was looking for when they traded 3 1sts for a QB. He knew he could never run a system like that with Jimmy G, one that threatened a defense at all levels. He can't run it with Brock. But if Trey Lance reached his potential, they could run it with him.

With that being said, a Mike McDaniel/Jimmy G reunion has a zero% chance of happening. McDaniel was a huge voice in the 49ers organization for replacing Jimmy G and getting a QB that could open up the offense. He'd want nothing to do with Jimmy G.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:10 am Well they can wish in one hand, and shit in the other, and see which one gets CTE first.
Let's be real, all of them will have CTE 1 day. Every last one. Some will suffer more than others.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:17 am Brock Purdy has won every start he's had, a perfect 6-0. Including the Miami game (where Jimmy had only four passes before getting hurt), he's 7-0.

Not so fast my friend.

I knew I could count on you to make us all feel better about that blasting we took by Mr. Irrelevant. You're doing God's work

PS- Trey Lance is done there now. He's had a lot of bad luck but imagine watching two guys out-perform you at every single turn by this much of a margin. Maybe the 9er's get like a 3rd for him because he was a 3rd overall pick and that's somehow supposed to be stock
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:56 am Looks like you can move Tua up. Dolphins don't believe his concussions will hinder his long term career and plan to keep him.
If they pick up his option, that’s a big tell whether they believe or not… we’ll see.