Brady to the Jets

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
13F11B

Brady to the Jets

Post by 13F11B »

I have a friend telling me that he thinks Brady is going to go to the Jets. Not sure if I believe it, but it would be interesting for Brady to go there. I can't believe he would really want to go back to the northeast, but NY is a HUGE market. His argument was the team is set other than QB. Good receivers, an excellent line, and strong defense. Couple that with the NY market being huge and a chance to stick it to BB.

I would certainly hope Brady would elect to stay with the Buccaneers over going to the Jets, but that is just me.
Redrum

Re: Brady to the Jets

Post by Redrum »

Hadn't considered that possibility. The Jets defense is outstanding. The most likely landing spot imo is the Raiders. I'd love it if he played here until he retired but with how our cap situation is looking now I'm not sure how they'd make it work.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

How hot is Brady's market going to be? It wasn't very hot in 2020. I don't imagine teams will be lining up in 2023 for his services. Especially after the year he's had where most of his numbers have declined.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Brady will be going to Canton.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The Venn diagram should be teams who need a better QB to take the next step, and teams who Tom Brady believes can protect him and he can win with.

Tom Brady presents a QB upgrade for many teams. Whether or not he wants to play there and thinks he can win there is another matter. Like, he’s better than Cousins. But is a move that like realistic given the cap and team implications?

All that to say: his desire to win and play is so sick that he would probably sign with Atlanta if it were his only offer…
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Brady didn't have that hot market in 2020. Doubtful he has one in 2023 after the year he had.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

The Jets won one fewer games than we did in a much tougher division and in the AFC, all with ABYSMAL QB play.

If Brady just gives the Jets average play with his experience and leadership, they could make a large jump in wins next year with Brady.

Who knows where Brady ends up, but the Jets wouldn't be the worst destination in the world.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

I just don’t see him playing for a third team

You really think he wants to start from square one with a team again?

Bucs, Pats, Retirement are his only options imo
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Sdbucs wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:11 am I just don’t see him playing for a third team

You really think he wants to start from square one with a team again?

Bucs, Pats, Retirement are his only options imo
Pats aren't even an option at this point IMO. They have their QB. McDaniels ain't there anymore. And that roster is shit.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I think the Jets could be in play. At the end of the day if Brady wants to keep playing, I got to think Tampa is still the most likely place.

Despite all the silly chicken little narratives people like to weave, Brady has repeatedly praised this coaching staff (when he could've simply not), and I don't think he's looking for someone to be his "offense daddy". So I doubt he'll be trying to chase a Sean Payton type anywhere. If anything he probably feels he's better equipped than most OCs anyway.

So it comes down to the same thing he's been looking for- OL, WR, and defense.

Bucs- We have the same two guys that bought him here in Evans and Godwin. The OL is 3/5th the same too, and as good as he is I don't think Brady came for Ali. The defense fell from it's typical elite tier, which seems to stem largely from turnovers, but is still up there.

Chargers- Have moved on with Herbert
Colts- Tried before and failed. Nelson is having his worse seasons to date and the rest of the OL hasn't played much better and if one of the few to be penalized more than us. Weapons are okay, defense is not.
Raiders- Tried before and failed. Carr defenders repeatedly point out he's had a trash defense his whole tenure. The weapons are nice though.

The only three real competitors I see are:
Miami- The weapons are there in spades and the defense HAS been shown to be good. The OL is killing Tua's career in real time. Still, Ross would cut off a testicle to finally land Brady.
Jets- I see them similar to Miami but much more there on defense. The OL has been a huge mess though, but that defense is as championship-winning as it gets. He'd likely run the show on offense similar to how he does here now, for better or worse.
49ers- The place Brady actually WANTS to go. Grew up in SF. Have the weapons. Have the OL. Have the defense. But they passed on him before.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think the Niners are in play. Shanahan and Brady don’t like each other. But winning is winning. Purdy may be “legit” but he’s no GOAT. Purdy is also under contract the next two seasons.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Seeing the way he's seemingly taken a step back this year, I would absolutely love seeing him go to the Jets, get their fans hopes up once again, and watching them crash and burn to the ground.
Snake

Post by Snake »

nybf wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:10 pm Seeing the way he's seemingly taken a step back this year, I would absolutely love seeing him go to the Jets, get their fans hopes up once again, and watching them crash and burn to the ground.
Brady going to the Jets and sucking would be the most Jets thing in history.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Relevant:

Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

One thing that never seems to get mentioned is how his new home life will factor in to his decision. He no longer has a supportive wife at home to take care of the kids who will be there waiting when he is home. I don’t see him moving across the country from both exes and his kids.

Jets would at least put him near his oldest, and an easy trip to FL. The Dolphins could make sense given the history w Ross, Tua’s health, and his other two kids. But would he want to start over for what most likely would be his final year?

I like the odds of him staying in Tampa if he returns.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

If Brady is anywhere it's here. Guarantee it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Brady ain't coming back here.

There's been 2 times where he's had a clause in his contract preventing a team from franchise tagging him. His 2019 deal with the Pats and his 2022 deal with the Bucs. If there was an intention for him to return, there'd be no need for that in his deal.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

That goes against my internal bias so I'm choosing to ignore it.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Someone commented about the Miami OL killing Tua's career in real time. Does anyone really think TB would be interested in standing still (basically) behind a group that can't protect a much younger, more mobile QB?
Push the damned button already!
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

IronDog wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:31 pm Someone commented about the Miami OL killing Tua's career in real time. Does anyone really think TB would be interested in standing still (basically) behind a group that can't protect a much younger, more mobile QB?
I remember the Bucs announcing that we picked up Brady, and thinking "Man... Our O-line is gonna get him killed". I think BIBL thought the same sentiment. We struck gold with Wirfs and the rest is history.

Whoever WANTS Brady BETTER build an Offensive Line.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Brady makes offensive lines better. A large part of the problem with Tua was Tua holding on to the ball trying to make something happen. Even with a good line Brady gets the ball out insanely fast.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:06 pm Brady ain't coming back here.

There's been 2 times where he's had a clause in his contract preventing a team from franchise tagging him. His 2019 deal with the Pats and his 2022 deal with the Bucs. If there was an intention for him to return, there'd be no need for that in his deal.
That's the dumbest take. Brady has earned that clause more than anyone else and will likely always have it no matter where he goes.

"To prove i like you I'll let you fuck me" is silly even for you.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Was it part of his first deal with Tampa?
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

I think Brady is headed to either Vegas, Miami or Tampa. Aaron Rodgers could also be out there via trade but he wants to go out West, so he makes some sense for Vegas. If I were to place a bet on it, I’d say Brady goes to Miami along with Gronk.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Brady ending up in Miami post-tampering scandal would be…interesting.

Tell Tua to give his brain a year or two off, or trade him?
McFan

Post by McFan »

I think there's about 5% of that happening and that's on the high side. Betting money would be SF or LV Raiders.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:03 pm Was it part of his first deal with Tampa?
Nope.
McFan

Post by McFan »

nybf wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:10 pm Seeing the way he's seemingly taken a step back this year, I would absolutely love seeing him go to the Jets, get their fans hopes up once again, and watching them crash and burn to the ground.
Yeah, cuz that's never happened before. (Note to self: NYBF still has sadistic moments)
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:10 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:03 pm Was it part of his first deal with Tampa?
Nope.
Exactly.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake

Post by Snake »

I stand corrected, if that’s correct.

I swore it was added as part of the restructure.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

I remember at the time people were surprised by the no franchise tag when he initially signed because it implied there was a chance he'd continue playing beyond the two years.

Been there since day 1.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I had not heard of that detail in his contract. My bad
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

He’s not going to the Jets. They are way too young of a team for him to be able to win a Lombardi with this year. If he plays next year and it’s not here, it’s either 49ers or Dolphins. Those are the only two teams he can walk in the door and have a realistic chance at winning the Super Bowl that year.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Only way I see Brady coming back to the Bucs is if we take drastic and aggressive measures to ensure the mess of 2022 doesn't happen again