Prayers up for Damar Hamlin

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucsNBills

Re: Bills @ Bengals: Game of the year

Post by BucsNBills »

If he's dead, and the league tries to force the game to continue.... What would happene if both teams just said Fuck You and walked off?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:11 pm
The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:09 pm

It also kind of looked like some of the guys who have had heart attacks playing soccer. Just dropping out of nowhere.
Could be. The Bengals player landed on his chest I believe so I wonder if done damage you the heart or arteries could've happened.

God damn I never thought I'd see this happen on live TV.
In those cases it's been because of heart defects and the stress of constant running in soccer games. But yeah, all of this is fucked up.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This game is over. No way they were going to give these players 5 minutes to get their minds right. That's a joke.
Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Aortic aneurysm?
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:15 pm If he's dead, and the league tries to force the game to continue.... What would happene if both teams just said Fuck You and walked off?
Wtf? Now they think it's a good idea for the teams to go back to the locker room for a while and think about this? Wow, you figure an organization as big as the NFL would have contingency plans for stuff like this. This is amateur hour stuff.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Commotio Cordis worst case. But honestly given how long they were doing CPR, not surprising.
Kress

Post by Kress »

I've never seen anything like that. My God.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The game is suspended til further notice
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

wesmon wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:19 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:15 pm If he's dead, and the league tries to force the game to continue.... What would happene if both teams just said Fuck You and walked off?
Wtf? Now they think it's a good idea for the teams to go back to the locker room for a while and think about this? Wow, you figure an organization as big as the NFL would have contingency plans for stuff like this. This is amateur hour stuff.
I thought Joe Buck was kidding when he said the teams both have 5 minutes to get ready. 5 minutes. After someone, a teammate potentially died and they don't know what the situation is, they initially gave them 5 minutes. A fucking joke.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

NFL should step in and make the executive decision to postpone this game until (at least) tomorrow, no matter how this kids condition is
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

I mean if someone has CPR administered for over 10 minutes.. like... Even if they finally got a pulse going... Surely that would result in permanent damage, right?

Idk, I have no knowledge about this type of stuff, so maybe it's common for CPR to go on for that long and people make full recoveries.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:21 pm

I thought Joe Buck was kidding when he said the teams both have 5 minutes to get ready. 5 minutes. After someone, a teammate potentially died and they don't know what the situation is, they initially gave them 5 minutes. A fucking joke.
The NFL backed down from that real quick.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:22 pm I mean if someone has CPR administered for over 10 minutes.. like... Even if they finally got a pulse going... Surely that would result in permanent damage, right?

Idk, I have no knowledge about this type of stuff, so maybe it's common for CPR to go on for that long and people make full recoveries.
Not necessarily, but possibly.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:22 pm I mean if someone has CPR administered for over 10 minutes.. like... Even if they finally got a pulse going... Surely that would result in permanent damage, right?

Really not trying to be a Dick, but we didn’t see much if anything, hopefully COR was administered fast and he was resuscitated quickly and they just didn’t move him for a while as opposed to having to administer CPR for that long
Snake

Post by Snake »

This, plus Tua’s brain injury, bad look for my favorite sport.

My phone hasn’t blown up like that in years…
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh wow

wesmon

Post by wesmon »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:21 pm

It definitely seems like the front office of the NFL is in as much shock as everyone else and they're not making good decisions.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

CPR isn't like it is in the movies. People are rarely revived by it. It keeps blood and oxygen flowing in the body until further measures can be taken like a defibrillator.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

This guy seems to be posting up to date https://mobile.twitter.com/McKennAnalysis
Snake

Post by Snake »

Not sure if legit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Call this game off NOW. Learn what happened with Owen Hart. The show DOES NOT go on when a man's life is at risk
Snake

Post by Snake »

Thank god this happened in cincy and not Buffalo. Amazing hospitals close by.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

These analysts having to now continue commentating and force this broadcast because the league can't make one God damn decision that's not driven by money is just cringe you watch.

The league better get their PR calvary, because they're going to be eviscerated if they don't cancel this game.
Snake

Re: Prayers up for Demar Hamlin

Post by Snake »

Twitter doctors speculating that the impact triggered a cardiac arrest event. Probably had an underlying problem.

This fucking sucks man

Hope he wasn’t deprived of oxygen long enough for brain damage :(
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Heavenly father

I come to you pleading for this man's life. For his family. For his children or any that he has yet to bear. I come to you humbly reckoning the miracles of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is nothing beyond you. In this I pray your hand be upon the medical staff and upon each soul who loves Damar Hamlin. Give each person the calm and the wisdom they need. For if your word calms the storm, your hand upon your servants shall certainly still this. Death shall be the last enemy we defeat and I plead in your love that we still this foe and that Damar Hamlin live his best and fullest years to come. I plead to you in the name of Jesus Christ that we witness your glory tonight in his recovery and that if it should not be, we learn to remember the fragility of life and to love others as you so loved us. For if death cannot hold your son, it shall never hold any of us for all time.

In the name of Jesus do I seal this prayer

Amen
Last edited by These Are The Days on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:31 pm These analysts having to now continue commentating and force this broadcast because the league can't make one God damn decision that's not driven by money is just cringe you watch.

The league better get their PR calvary, because they're going to be eviscerated if they don't cancel this game.
Goodell has The last word on this? And he's letting it sit here postponed, with a stadium crammed with people? The asshole should be fired for this.
Snake

Post by Snake »

These Are The Days wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:35 pm Heavenly father

I come to you pleading for this man's life. For his family. For his children or any that he has yet to bear. I come to you humbly reckoning the miracles of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is nothing beyond you. In this I pray your hand be upon the medical staff and upon each soul who loves Damar Hamlin. Give each person the calm and the wisdom they need. For if your word calms the storm, your hand upon your servants shall certainly still this. Death shall be the last enemy we defeat and I plead in your love that we still this foe and that Damar Hamlin live his best and fullest years to come. I plead to you in the name of Jesus Christ that we witness your glory tonight in his recovery and that if it should not be, we learn to remember the fragility of life and to love others as you so loved us. For if death cannot hold your son, it shall never hold any of us for all time.

Amen
Amen brother
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:27 pmNot sure if legit
Could be a damaged C4
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Someone mentioned commotio cordis. Damn
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:37 pm Someone mentioned commotio cordis. Damn
Seems textbook. But the breathing stuff makes me think spine looks bootzy
Kress

Post by Kress »

Fucking call this thing a tie and go home. Good God.

Then again, all of us stupid asses are watching, aren't we? "Let's go to another break. Here, watch some commercials about pills that make your dick grow."

I can't anymore. Good night everyone. I'm going to go climb into bed and hug my wife.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:37 pm Someone mentioned commotio cordis. Damn
I did. That's worst case. He would've needed an AED almost immediately to have a good chance of survival. That he has a pulse now tells me this didn't occur.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

wesmon wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:36 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:31 pm These analysts having to now continue commentating and force this broadcast because the league can't make one God damn decision that's not driven by money is just cringe you watch.

Goodell has The last word on this? And he's letting it sit here postponed, with a stadium crammed with people? The asshole should be fired for this.
This decision might define his legacy as commissioner.
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

These Are The Days wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:35 pm Heavenly father

Amen
Amen!!!