Prayers up for Damar Hamlin

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: Prayers up for Damar Hamlin

Post by King Bootz »

Their trying to operate as if the Bills & Bengals both won and loss the Monday game. In this instance either call it a tie or truly call it a scrubbed game.
Nano

Post by Nano »

So, would the coin toss determine the division then? Because technically the Bengals clinched when they canceled it.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Kinda getting silly now. I think they shoulda just played the game after week 18 and push everything back a week. The bye between the SB for the Pro Bowl silly games could have been scrapped. Now we’re getting into coin tosses and neutral sites and adding playoff teams just to compensate for one whole game not being played. The simple solution is just to resume it.
Nano

Post by Nano »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:36 pm Kinda getting silly now. I think they shoulda just played the game after week 18 and push everything back a week. The bye between the SB for the Pro Bowl silly games could have been scrapped. Now we’re getting into coin tosses and neutral sites and adding playoff teams just to compensate for one whole game not being played. The simple solution is just to resume it.
You do realize your scenario also has a ton of moving parts just to compensate for 1 game not being played.

Logistically speaking, it would be a hell of a lot tougher to delay the playoffs, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl by a full week than it would to compensate on the fly. Coin tosses and neutral sites aren't ideal, but it makes sense. There's no scenario I saw that added any additional playoff team either.

This is not ideal, but it instead of impacting everybody this solution only impacts a few teams. And depending on the game results this weekend it might not impact anyone at all.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

I'm sure whichever route they take, everyone will respond calmly, rationally, and everyone will be happy with the decision.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

I think the NFL probably looked at this as logistically and throughly as possible.. tough spot and really no "good" way around it considering the time of year
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Clearly they should just cancel everything and give the SB to Tom Brady, as is tradition.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:27 pm
Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Fantastic updates, pleased my wild speculation was entirely off base.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:36 pm Fantastic updates, pleased my wild speculation was entirely off base.
You ain't alone...
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:02 pm
Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:36 pm Kinda getting silly now. I think they shoulda just played the game after week 18 and push everything back a week. The bye between the SB for the Pro Bowl silly games could have been scrapped. Now we’re getting into coin tosses and neutral sites and adding playoff teams just to compensate for one whole game not being played. The simple solution is just to resume it.
You do realize your scenario also has a ton of moving parts just to compensate for 1 game not being played.

Logistically speaking, it would be a hell of a lot tougher to delay the playoffs, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl by a full week than it would to compensate on the fly. Coin tosses and neutral sites aren't ideal, but it makes sense. There's no scenario I saw that added any additional playoff team either.

This is not ideal, but it instead of impacting everybody this solution only impacts a few teams. And depending on the game results this weekend it might not impact anyone at all.
It impacts most upon the one team that had the most reason to take the field who did not return. The Bills lost a teammate probably forever because what team doctor would allow him to join their team after this. The Bengals by standing in solidarity with the Bills lost a home game that they were leading albeit in the 1st quarter and caused all this mess. You take a stand, you take the consequences with pride. The Bengals knew this before the Commissar announced this decision.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Huh. It might not have made the news but for this bigger story, but former Brown Peyton Hillis was in critical condition yesterday after saving his kids from drowning in Pensacola. His uncle says his condition is improving, thankfully. https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/peyton-hi ... -drowning/
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Xandtar wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:09 am Huh. It might not have made the news but for this bigger story, but former Brown Peyton Hillis was in critical condition yesterday after saving his kids from drowning in Pensacola. His uncle says his condition is improving, thankfully. https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/peyton-hi ... -drowning/
The emerald coast is a beautiful stretch of white sandy beaches and clear, emerald colored, shark infested water with nasty undertows and riptides that kill multiple tourists a year.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

This is awesome news!!

Bills' Damar Hamlin breathing on his own, able to talk after breathing tube removed, agent says

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/bills ... JM6BOD_SM0
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

That is amazing! This is the news everyone has been hoping for. God is good!
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:33 am This is awesome news!!

Bills' Damar Hamlin breathing on his own, able to talk after breathing tube removed, agent says

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/bills ... JM6BOD_SM0
King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:51 am That is amazing! This is the news everyone has been hoping for. God is good!
Amen. Thank you Lord Jesus for healing this young man.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
nybf

Re: Prayers up for Demar Hamlin

Post by nybf »

We've come such a long way since hot takes like
BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:35 pm So I wonder how long it takes in a situation like this for the doctors working on him to determine that he's effectively brain dead and beyond help.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

nybf wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:31 am We've come such a long way since hot takes like
BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:35 pm So I wonder how long it takes in a situation like this for the doctors working on him to determine that he's effectively brain dead and beyond help.
It wasn't a hot take, it was a question.
nybf

Post by nybf »

BucsNBills wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:41 am
nybf wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:31 am We've come such a long way since hot takes like

In my country we use ? to indicate a question. In some countries they even put ¿ in the front so you know what you're getting into.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:41 am

And it's a weird and shitty thing for him to try and flex on. Everyone had theories, questions, different possible outlooks. All that should matter is things are working out the absolute best way.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Once it is determined that there is no brain activity, by law, they must keep the patient on life support for a minimum of 72 hours and run a minimum of two brain scans at least 72 hours apart from each other to confirm. Only then, can they legally declare the patient dead.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Kress

Post by Kress »

What... is... going.... on.... in here?
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:21 pm
Once it is determined that there is no brain activity, by law, they must keep the patient on life support for a minimum of 72 hours and run a minimum of two brain scans at least 72 hours apart from each other to confirm. Only then, can they legally declare the patient dead.
So we can pull the plug on Lugz?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:28 pm What... is... going.... on.... in here?
We have a serious need for some Beedogs in here.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Penis
nybf

Post by nybf »

Normal: 90 minutes after the hit asking when doctors will announce he's brain dead

Weird: calling that a hot take

Normal: nurses and billers giving their definitive diagnosis with zero facts

Weird: wondering wtf is wrong with those people
Kress

Post by Kress »

nybf wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:34 pm Weird: wondering wtf is wrong with those people
To be fair, it is weird that you would wonder.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

But it’s a huge, huge game…one that’s causing the Rules committee to meet for hours and days and create new rules for the postseason. I guess when there’s room in the schedule to push it back, I think you take advantage of it.

Not everyone will agree, but I just think they could have played it. I heard someone today say they could even have split week 18 into 2 weeks and played some games this weekend and some next and obviously Buffalo and Cincinnati would play both.

I just think they’re putting too much work into something they didn’t have to.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:05 pm

But it’s a huge, huge game…one that’s causing the Rules committee to meet for hours and days and create new rules for the postseason. I guess when there’s room in the schedule to push it back, I think you take advantage of it.

Not everyone will agree, but I just think they could have played it. I heard someone today say they could even have split week 18 into 2 weeks and played some games this weekend and some next and obviously Buffalo and Cincinnati would play both.

I get what you're saying. I think the path the league is taking has minimal impact because a lot of this is based off results from this week and in the playoffs. Whereas the scenario you proposed would guarantee there will be changes, delays, etc. If these scenarios don't play out exactly as outlined, there won't be any changes. To the league that's better than moving things around and you don't know if you'd have to.

It's not a perfect solution but this one involves the least amount of moving parts.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Navybuc wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:05 pm

It's not so easy, there are a lot of moving parts. Is the stadium avaliable, TV times and schedules, and lastly, can you fit it in without postponing the Super Bowl, which would be a near impossible task
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

We want that week off for the best quality super bowl. It's the biggest game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:08 pm We want that week off for the best quality super bowl. It's the biggest game.
That week off is vital to the league, teams in the SB, their fans, and the city hosting the game. There so much preparation that goes into the Super Bowl that doesn't begin until after the Championship games. Tickets have to go out to the winning cities fans, they have to buy them, make travel plans, boarding accommodations. The league has countless events for donors, charities, fans, media, etc. And yes, the Pro Bowl plays a huge part as well. It's a money maker for the league, which is why the event still occurs albeit without the game going forward.

Anyone trying to make the Super Bowl seem like "just another game" is kidding themselves.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:15 pm
Doctor wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:08 pm We want that week off for the best quality super bowl. It's the biggest game.
That week off is vital to the league, teams in the SB, their fans, and the city hosting the game. There so much preparation that goes into the Super Bowl that doesn't begin until after the Championship games. Tickets have to go out to the winning cities fans, they have to buy them, make travel plans, boarding accommodations. The league has countless events for donors, charities, fans, media, etc. And yes, the Pro Bowl plays a huge part as well. It's a money maker for the league, which is why the event still occurs albeit without the game going forward.

Anyone trying to make the Super Bowl seem like "just another game" is kidding themselves.
More often than not, there hasn’t been a week off before the superbowl. Relatively speaking, it’s a new concept.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Bills put Damar Hamlin on IR