2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
kaimaru

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Post by kaimaru »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 am
Max wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:35 am

Depends. The reason nobody wanted to trade for him is his remaining 2021 salary of 8 million. If a team puts in a claim, they have to take on his full contract (including guarantees).

If he ends up being released (without reworking his contract), he is unlikely to be claimed. An interested team could have just traded a conditional 7th rounder for him on Tuesday if they were willing to take on his contract.

It remains to be seen what they'll do to his contract. They could make it more claimable by reducing his base salary and eating some cap hit, or structure it in a way that makes it hard for teams to claim him. Depends on what the player and the team want.

If he ends up a FA, I'd like us to go after him. It would be at a veteran minimum, at that price the deal wouldn't have any downside at all. If he acts up, cut him. Still has the potential to be a top-10 WR. Brown is currently injured. Brady and Beckham talked about wanting to play together. Like I said, no downside.
That was true yesterday, but unfortunately the Browns restructured his contract so his base salary is now only about $1mil. This was done purely out of spite so OBJ can't pick where he wants to go. Someone will claim him off waivers because his deal is now so easy to afford.
So you're saying he asked to be released. They said sure, but you have to restructure your contract to end up on any shitty team that claims you, and he said yes? If he did, then he really hates being there.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Does anyone else find it ironic at all that one of the smartest men in football is doing something that generates media…

And the dumbest man on this board is reacting as if his theories are the only ones that could be true…
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:08 pm I could see Baltimore making a play for OBJ. They have nothing opposite Brown. Bateman should be good eventually but he's a rook. If Beckham can get open, Lamar can get him the ball.
Lord knows they need better receivers.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

@ATrain You missed my favorite anti-AB quote.
acmillis wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 am Pete Carroll: The Bucs are looking Image lets fake interest in AB so that TB scoops him up and he drops a giant deuce in their locker room

ESPN: Seattle interested in AB

Arians: Sign him

Pete Carroll in February: Image

Licht in February: Why didn't this work, he was such a big name?!?!?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:37 pm
Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:09 pm
So you're another person who didn't watch the interview? Or did you miss the numerous times he cited the doctors he's consulted and worked with since the summer?

Rodgers never referred to Rogan as a "health advisor" or even used a phrase to imply that. But by all means parrott a dumbfuck troll like LUGZ b/c it confirms your bias. Nobody expects you to start thinking for yourself now.

Rogan was not jabbed and recently when though Covid and got over in 2 days with just mild symptoms. Rodgers is not jabbed an wanted to consult Rogan on his experience since he was recently Covid positive.
More accurately, Rogan got tested and had symptoms for 2 days. Likely tested again and was negative. But best believe he had Covid for more than 2 days. If he's found the cure to a virus it makes him the 1st.
I'm telling you, people will twist words to make them look right. Also, this of this logic. "I don't want to put an experimental vaccine in my body." But then say "I'll take a whole bunch of medicine and see if any of it will work."
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:58 pm @ATrain You missed my favorite anti-AB quote.
acmillis wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 am Pete Carroll: The Bucs are looking Image lets fake interest in AB so that TB scoops him up and he drops a giant deuce in their locker room

ESPN: Seattle interested in AB

Arians: Sign him

Pete Carroll in February: Image

Licht in February: Why didn't this work, he was such a big name?!?!?
So happy I was wrong!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 am
Max wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:35 am

Depends. The reason nobody wanted to trade for him is his remaining 2021 salary of 8 million. If a team puts in a claim, they have to take on his full contract (including guarantees).

If he ends up being released (without reworking his contract), he is unlikely to be claimed. An interested team could have just traded a conditional 7th rounder for him on Tuesday if they were willing to take on his contract.

It remains to be seen what they'll do to his contract. They could make it more claimable by reducing his base salary and eating some cap hit, or structure it in a way that makes it hard for teams to claim him. Depends on what the player and the team want.

If he ends up a FA, I'd like us to go after him. It would be at a veteran minimum, at that price the deal wouldn't have any downside at all. If he acts up, cut him. Still has the potential to be a top-10 WR. Brown is currently injured. Brady and Beckham talked about wanting to play together. Like I said, no downside.
That was true yesterday, but unfortunately the Browns restructured his contract so his base salary is now only about $1mil. This was done purely out of spite so OBJ can't pick where he wants to go. Someone will claim him off waivers because his deal is now so easy to afford.
Wrong yet again, kiddo.

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Are the Bucs leading the NFL in YAC?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:21 pm Are the Bucs leading the NFL in YAC?
mdb1958 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:51 pm Look it up, you are so --------------
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Please learn what I teach you.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Do the Bucs lead the NFL in PD's?
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:08 pm
Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:50 pm
Meh. Not sure if you listened to that but I can understand his justification for responding "Yeah, I'm immunized" to the "Are you vaccinated" question back in August.

Like you, my initial reaction when the news broke earlier in the week was that he lied. But the more I've learned since then the more I'm walking that back.

I suppose the question is how transparent does he have to be to the press/fans on this? We're in this weird place in society where people feel entitled to know such things.

I'll have to chew on this more, but I recommend everyone listen to this before digging into their opinion.

Say what you want about Aaron Rodgers, but he's always been a smart guy who thinks for himself. After listening to him I can't really fault any of actions.

He isn't bowing to authority and people are mad at him for it.
It's not about bowing to authority. It's the purposeful deception. Like you said, he's a smart guy. So a guy as smart as him knows when they are asking him if he's immunized in the middle of the pandemic, he knows they mean A. are you immunized from Covid-19 and B. Did you get vaccinated with Moderna/Pfizer/J&J.

Had he said something like "that's a private matter" fine. But saying yes to the question is deceptive no matter how you try to slice it. He tiptoed around the truth. That's cowardly.
What if the question itself is improper? Does it still demand an honest response in that scenario, simply because authority is being exerted by the party asking?

Don't tell me you don't think it's improper. I know you don't. That's not what I'm asking. You're framing this as an ethical lapse by Rodgers. Do we ethically owe the truth if we don't believe the question itself is ethical?
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:08 pm

It's not about bowing to authority. It's the purposeful deception. Like you said, he's a smart guy. So a guy as smart as him knows when they are asking him if he's immunized in the middle of the pandemic, he knows they mean A. are you immunized from Covid-19 and B. Did you get vaccinated with Moderna/Pfizer/J&J.

Had he said something like "that's a private matter" fine. But saying yes to the question is deceptive no matter how you try to slice it. He tiptoed around the truth. That's cowardly.
What if the question itself is improper? Does it still demand an honest response in that scenario, simply because authority is being exerted by the party asking?

Don't tell me you don't think it's improper. I know you don't. That's not what I'm asking. You're framing this as an ethical lapse by Rodgers. Do we ethically owe the truth if we don't believe the question itself is ethical?
Whole lotta "2 wrongs make a right" here from you.

The question wasn't improper. Saying it's personal or I don't want to answer wouldn't be improper. But offering an answer you know is deceptive, and make no mistake about it Rodgers knows he was being deceptive, IS improper.

It's not a matter of ethics or morality. If someone asks him "Hey Aaron did you get a flu shot" his answer would be a quick yes or no. Dread had it right. Rodgers deceived because he was afraid of the backlash.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 pm Do the Bucs lead the NFL in PD's?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 pm Do the Bucs lead the NFL in PD's?

OK then, back to our regularly scheduled program.
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 am the Browns restructured his contract so his base salary is now only about $1mil.
Oh?
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

It would be the most Cleveland thing ever for OBJ to hit the road and the Baker-Era to come to an end and suddenly the team is just back in purgatory all over again.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:24 am It would be the most Cleveland thing ever for OBJ to hit the road and the Baker-Era to come to an end and suddenly the team is just back in purgatory all over again.
OBJ was a non-factor in their 2020 playoff run. Baker did well but he was hardly the spoon that stirred the drink.

The rest of that team is too good. Especially in the trenches on both sides of the ball, where they are pretty young yet experienced. Plus Stefanski is a good coach.

Cleveland is built for the long-term IMO. They can make an upgrade at QB and really put pressure on Baltimore in the future.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:15 am
ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 am the Browns restructured his contract so his base salary is now only about $1mil.
Oh?
The original report was wrong, not me.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:33 am
Swashbuckler wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:24 am It would be the most Cleveland thing ever for OBJ to hit the road and the Baker-Era to come to an end and suddenly the team is just back in purgatory all over again.
OBJ was a non-factor in their 2020 playoff run. Baker did well but he was hardly the spoon that stirred the drink.

The rest of that team is too good. Especially in the trenches on both sides of the ball, where they are pretty young yet experienced. Plus Stefanski is a good coach.

Cleveland is built for the long-term IMO. They can make an upgrade at QB and really put pressure on Baltimore in the future.
Well we might as well shoot the shit because it's bye week. Who is the upgrade for Cleveland? If they're bold maybe Aaron Rodgers? I don't see that as leaving one situation for a better one but the last week or so has proven this is one weird cat we're dealing with and at some point next year no one is gonna be talking about his *AHEM!* "holistic" approach to immunization.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:42 am

Oh?
I didn't see this part in the original report
ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 am This was done purely out of spite so OBJ can't pick where he wants to go. Someone will claim him off waivers because his deal is now so easy to afford.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Agreed, especially in regards to the future of the Browns. The Browns are built the right way, from the inside out, and Baker is under contract through next season. Releasing OBJ just earned them $15 million in cap space for next year. Assuming they stay healthy, they should be strong competition moving forward, even though their division will likely remain a buzzsaw.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Oh?
The original report was they were going to TRY to negotiate it down to the minimum. (fuck off in advance trying to post some youtube link of some schlub saying his sources says it's gonna be a mil)

You were wrong.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:46 am

Well we might as well shoot the shit because it's bye week. Who is the upgrade for Cleveland? If they're bold maybe Aaron Rodgers? I don't see that as leaving one situation for a better one but the last week or so has proven this is one weird cat we're dealing with and at some point next year no one is gonna be talking about his *AHEM!* "holistic" approach to immunization.
I could see Cousins and Stefanski reuniting. Cousins had success in his offense in their short time together.

Another name is Deshaun Watson but that of course is contingent on his legal issues being cleared up. But him with that team would make them a serious contender.

Of course if Rodgers or Wilson become available as they are rumored to be, Cleveland will be an attractive spot for both of them.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:50 am

The original report was they were going to TRY to negotiate it down to the minimum. (fuck off in advance trying to post some youtube link of some schlub saying his sources says it's gonna be a mil)

You were wrong.
No, I wasn't. I reported what was going around the NFL subreddit. That was the last known good information at the time. Then as if turns out to that information proved to be incorrect.

So, once again, I wasn't wrong, the initial reports were wrong.

Try again sweetheart.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:46 am

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 am This was done purely out of spite so OBJ can't pick where he wants to go. Someone will claim him off waivers because his deal is now so easy to afford.
It doesn't surprise me that you can't read between the lines and nuance and subtext are completely lost on you.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:55 am
King Bootz wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:46 am

It doesn't surprise me that you can't read between the lines and nuance and subtext are completely lost on you.
Nuance and subtext don't apply to a false claim you reported as an "objective truth". You didn't bother confirming the details of the report and instead expounded on the "reasoning" behind the restructured deal.

You were wrong. You don't need to admit it. That's an objective truth.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

It's funny watching these desperate kids fight tooth and nail daily just to try and get a W over me.

Now it's come to the being intentionally obtuse as their last ditch effort

Good clean fun.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@ATrain, your heel turn needs some work. Can't claim victory by simply denying the objective truth that you were wrong and doubled down with a lie kiddo.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:53 am
Swashbuckler wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:46 am

I could see Cousins and Stefanski reuniting. Cousins had success in his offense in their short time together.

Another name is Deshaun Watson but that of course is contingent on his legal issues being cleared up. But him with that team would make them a serious contender.

Of course if Rodgers or Wilson become available as they are rumored to be, Cleveland will be an attractive spot for both of them.
I have nothing against Cousins but he would be the most "meh" signing the Browns could make if they moved on from Baker. It's not the CLEAR upgrade a move to a guy like Watson, Wilson or Rodgers would be. Especially Watson. 26 years old. THAT skillset? Long term contract? Didn't play a down and is fresh? He would dominate there. Wilson would clearly be leaving one situation for a better one. I almost forgot about him because I think he's at a point where he wants to stay just as much as he wants to win but he knows he can't have both. Rodgers I already alluded to because he could just as soon stick around Green Bay and have as much success. I get why he'd want to leave but that's why "Coaches who are fired and coaches who are going to get fired" is a thing too.

The Browns front office is gonna have a hell of a "legal tampering" period because if they can't come to a solution, they're either downgrading or having the most awkward franchise tag imaginable
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:55 am
nybf wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:50 am

You were wrong.
No, I wasn't. I reported what was going around the NFL subreddit. That was the last known good information at the time. Then as if turns out to that information proved to be incorrect.

So, once again, I wasn't wrong, the initial reports were wrong.

Try again sweetheart.
(fuck off in advance trying to post some youtube link of some schlub saying his sources says it's gonna be a mil)

That also applies to randos on reddit
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:16 am
King Bootz wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:53 am

I have nothing against Cousins but he would be the most "meh" signing the Browns could make if they moved on from Baker. It's not the CLEAR upgrade a move to a guy like Watson, Wilson or Rodgers would be. Especially Watson. 26 years old. THAT skillset? Long term contract? Didn't play a down and is fresh? He would dominate there. Wilson would clearly be leaving one situation for a better one. I almost forgot about him because I think he's at a point where he wants to stay just as much as he wants to win but he knows he can't have both. Rodgers I already alluded to because he could just as soon stick around Green Bay and have as much success. I get why he'd want to leave but that's why "Coaches who are fired and coaches who are going to get fired" is a thing too.

The Browns front office is gonna have a hell of a "legal tampering" period because if they can't come to a solution, they're either downgrading or having the most awkward franchise tag imaginable
I just say Cousins because of the success Stefanski had with him. They went 10-5 and Cousins went 26/6 and IIRC led the league in passer rating or was close to the top.

Watson would cost them some draft picks but would be the best solution IMO for both parties. Baker would have to be part of a trade with them so it might drive the cost down a bit.

Cleveland has to do something. I like Baker but it's clear he's the weak link on a very strong roster.
MJW

Post by MJW »

MJW wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 pm Don't tell me you don't think it's improper. I know you don't. That's not what I'm asking.
King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 pm The question wasn't improper.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:43 pm
MJW wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 pm Don't tell me you don't think it's improper. I know you don't. That's not what I'm asking.
King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 pm The question wasn't improper.
Oh I know you said don't mention the question not being improper. But I know how you operate. If I don't mention the question not being improper, you'd go off on some tangent further digging yourself an even deeper hole.

But by mentioning it, combined with the fact that you are for the most part a simpleton, I knew you'd focus on that and believe in your mind you had gotten one over on Bootz. I expected a gif honestly so I was wrong in that aspect.

Never change, baby girl.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

ATrain wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:08 am It's funny watching these desperate kids fight tooth and nail daily just to try and get a W over me.

Now it's come to the being intentionally obtuse as their last ditch effort

Good clean fun.
Quit using my words...