2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Dread

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:08 am Just for the record, most on here said the same thing about AB last year. Most didn't want him on the team and said "No thanks, we have Evans, Godwin, and company. Don't want that drama".

I'm indifferent, but it's funny to see the same comments about AB last year being copy/pasted about OBJ now.
More talking out of your ass.

Last year Evans and Godwin were hobbled with nagging injuries and we didn't have a legit WR3. In addition our offense lacked firepower in that first half of the season.

The situation for the Bucs offense right now has little in common with when we signed AB.

There is no indication AB won't be able to return. So unless that changes bring in OBJ as an insurance policy (which he wouldn't want to be) makes little sense.

But your typical (anyone new is better than what we have) schtick is on brand.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:08 am Just for the record, most on here said the same thing about AB last year. Most didn't want him on the team and said "No thanks, we have Evans, Godwin, and company. Don't want that drama".

I'm indifferent, but it's funny to see the same comments about AB last year being copy/pasted about OBJ now.
But you're not indifferent. You literally said we should sign him to keep him away from the Saints...

What do the following guys have in common:
Aaron Jones
Leonard Fournette
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Byron Pringle
Dan Arnold
Kalif Raymond
and 89 other dudes...

They all have more receiving yards than OBJ does. There is nothing to be scared of with OBJ anymore; this isn't 2016
BLT

Post by BLT »

acmillis wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:39 am

But you're not indifferent. You literally said we should sign him to keep him away from the Saints...

What do the following guys have in common:
Aaron Jones
Leonard Fournette
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Byron Pringle
Dan Arnold
Kalif Raymond
and 89 other dudes...
Ooh ooh, me! They don't have Baker Mayfield throwing them the ball?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:37 am

More talking out of your ass.

Last year Evans and Godwin were hobbled with nagging injuries and we didn't have a legit WR3. In addition our offense lacked firepower in that first half of the season.

The situation for the Bucs offense right now has little in common with when we signed AB.

There is no indication AB won't be able to return. So unless that changes bring in OBJ as an insurance policy (which he wouldn't want to be) makes little sense.

But your typical (anyone new is better than what we have) schtick is on brand.
acmillis wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:21 pm Hard pass even if it was free
GrownishBF wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:28 pm Very shocking that we're this close to signing Brown.

Does it fulfill a need?
Does it make us better?
Does it change the system?

Yet another name grab by Jason Licht this year.
GrownishBF wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:55 pm
LUGZ wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:49 pm The NFL is an arms race folks. Being two or even three deep at WR isn't enough.

Especially when our qb is incapable of making plays with his legs. We have to play honest on offense when compared to the cheap first downs or TDs that the athletes playing under center are about to get.

Adding Brown not only gives the team a giant boost in terms of talent but he offers depth for injury which has been an issue for Evans and Godwin.
Respectfully none of what you've said here has been the formula for winning a Superbowl.

Bringing a ticking time bomb into the locker room certainly isn't a winning formula. 2 teams tried that last season and Brown burned them both. One of which was the Brady/Belichick Patriots.

He and Arians also have a very checkered past where both have thrown shots at each other multiple times.

I would need Arians to explain what made him such a bad fit for the locker room 3 months ago and what changed.
real bucs fan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:42 am
LUGZ wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:32 am Hmmm

No thanks. Would rather see more Tyler Johnson than bring that headcase into our locker room.
DreadNaught wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:53 am
real bucs fan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:42 am

No thanks. Would rather see more Tyler Johnson than bring that headcase into our locker room.
I assume this about Antonio Brown? I can't see it since 'The Big Dog' blocked me years ago when I was new on twitter for disagreeing with him. To my knowledge I've been blocked by 3 people on twitter over comments I made

The Big Dog
Steve White - For disagreeing about Richie Incognito getting back into the NFL when the Jonathan Martin fiasco was happening (I was correct in hindsight)
Adrian Clayborn - For typing "lol-serious?" in response to him saying Shia Labouf was his favorite actor

But yeah, no thanks to AB. We have enough weapons and just need to get the guys we have better in sync with Brady.
GrownishBF wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:17 pm
LUGZ wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:05 pm

I suppose BA could be the first person in history to change their mind or view on a subject.
He isn't changing his mind here. Not only did he say it's not a locker room fit, look at the digs they've taken at each other prior to this year. There's no reason to bring that into this locker room.
LUGZ wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 pm Image
GrownishBF wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:56 pm

If this team felt that Antonio Brown was the missing link to a Superbowl A. he would've been here a long time ago and B. everyone's expectations have been too high all along.

Instead our head coach went out of his way to not only say no but he also said the guy wasn't a fit for the locker room.
Very few things in life remain static and unchanging.
Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:55 pm
LUGZ wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Since you and @Nobody are the resident football gurus, I'll ask you this

When only taking X's and O's into consideration and the tape Brady and co. have produced thus far, what happens to this offense if you add AB to the equation?
We just got rid of all the human garbage off the team and now you want to invite some? **** Antonio Brown.
acmillis wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:33 pm I wouldn’t want AB even if he had layer for free; not worth the headache!
Cheb wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 pm No one is arguing that Antonio Brown is a bad receiver on the field.

The argument against signing him is the same one that every one of the 31 other teams in the NFL would make; despite his talent, he's a nutcase who can't help himself from making terminally stupid decisions.

Thanks but no thanks.
CorpusChristiReb wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:07 pm I can't believe you're seriously discussing something with someone who is ready to give up on Tua after 1 game when they have other needs
This little number is funny. I got shit on all thread long because I suggested the Dolphins were auditioning Tua for a trade because he's not the guy and they'll be looking to get off him sooner rather than later. Well, sure enough they've been trying to replace him all year long. Funny how I end up proven right.

Also got Dread saying he didn't want AB for similar reasons to the OBJ stuff. Some greatest hits type material here. Tuning up Bootz which has become routine not only on Buczone but here as well.

I love it.
BLT

Post by BLT »

My mans put that post together for the last hour and is so proud of himself
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

BLT wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:20 am My mans put that post together for the last hour and is so proud of himself
Put that together in between claims. Not hard to find the receipts.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Max wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:35 am
ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:03 am Honestly, doesn't really matter if we wanted him or not(most likely we aren't interested) since the likelihood of him clearing waivers is now next to zero.
Depends. The reason nobody wanted to trade for him is his remaining 2021 salary of 8 million. If a team puts in a claim, they have to take on his full contract (including guarantees).

If he ends up being released (without reworking his contract), he is unlikely to be claimed. An interested team could have just traded a conditional 7th rounder for him on Tuesday if they were willing to take on his contract.

It remains to be seen what they'll do to his contract. They could make it more claimable by reducing his base salary and eating some cap hit, or structure it in a way that makes it hard for teams to claim him. Depends on what the player and the team want.

If he ends up a FA, I'd like us to go after him. It would be at a veteran minimum, at that price the deal wouldn't have any downside at all. If he acts up, cut him. Still has the potential to be a top-10 WR. Brown is currently injured. Brady and Beckham talked about wanting to play together. Like I said, no downside.
That was true yesterday, but unfortunately the Browns restructured his contract so his base salary is now only about $1mil. This was done purely out of spite so OBJ can't pick where he wants to go. Someone will claim him off waivers because his deal is now so easy to afford.
BLT

Post by BLT »

A. The guy said that yesterday... when it was true
B. This is the third time you've said this about OBJ getting restructured and likely not clearing waivers. We get it, dude stop repeating yourself.
C. I love that the Browns did this, but Baker still sucks
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

BLT wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:43 am A. The guy said that yesterday... when it was true
B. This is the third time you've said this about OBJ getting restructured and likely not clearing waivers. We get it, dude stop repeating yourself.
C. I love that the Browns did this, but Baker still sucks
Max

Post by Max »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 am
Max wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:35 am

Depends. The reason nobody wanted to trade for him is his remaining 2021 salary of 8 million. If a team puts in a claim, they have to take on his full contract (including guarantees).

If he ends up being released (without reworking his contract), he is unlikely to be claimed. An interested team could have just traded a conditional 7th rounder for him on Tuesday if they were willing to take on his contract.

It remains to be seen what they'll do to his contract. They could make it more claimable by reducing his base salary and eating some cap hit, or structure it in a way that makes it hard for teams to claim him. Depends on what the player and the team want.

If he ends up a FA, I'd like us to go after him. It would be at a veteran minimum, at that price the deal wouldn't have any downside at all. If he acts up, cut him. Still has the potential to be a top-10 WR. Brown is currently injured. Brady and Beckham talked about wanting to play together. Like I said, no downside.
That was true yesterday, but unfortunately the Browns restructured his contract so his base salary is now only about $1mil.
Hasn't happened yet. It's all rumors for now.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I could see Baltimore making a play for OBJ. They have nothing opposite Brown. Bateman should be good eventually but he's a rook. If Beckham can get open, Lamar can get him the ball.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Closer to home, the Saints will certainly take a hard look.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Rodgers is doing the McAfee show right now. He's full on anti-vax unfortunately :/
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:16 pm Rodgers is doing the McAfee show right now. He's full on anti-vax unfortunately :/
Good for him. Stupid that he wasn't this transparent before hand, but good for him
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Here's a quick synopsis on some of the stuff he said in the interview, pulled from Reddit.
He gathered over 500 pages of research lmao. He is going full karen

Ultimate decision came from medical team who he said determined the risk of an adverse reaction was worse than the risk of COVID and recovering

trying to become a Dad and said the vaccine can cause fertility issues...

"Mask wearing at a podium is "shaming" when everyone else is vaccinated"

"Testing non vaxxed people 1x a dat and vaxxed people once every 2 weeks is "not based in science""

"No study done on the efficacy of mask when working out and potential detrimental effects of increased CO2 inhalation"

Close contact isolation for 5 days, "not based in science"

The media is shaming non vaxed people and is creating propaganda for getting vaxxed

Used the word Homeopathy and stated his Drs have been at it for over a decade

Collusion and coresion by the front office to get players vaxxed

Quoted MLK to drive a point about unjust rules for the unvaxxed

Direct Quote "If the vaccine is so great, how come people are still getting and spreading and unfortunately dying from COVID... if it is so safe why do the manufacturer have full immunity?"

Rodgers Plugged Ivermectin

EDIT: Ivermectin is the "cheap off brand of the new pill moderna is making, why do people hate it? Cause trump pioneered it and there is no money to be made" ooooooooooooooooof
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Aaron Rodgers is one of the smartest dudes in football.

His opinions on COVID don’t change that.

All dude said for me to hear was… this is a private decision. That’s it.

Edit: Science is rapidly changing in regards to the coronavirus stuff. It’s not something that is 100%. No one has looked “smart” during these arguments. Again, it’s a private decision.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:26 pm
Did he lie? Technically no.

Deceptive? Absolutely.

He wasn't transparent and that's the problem. People should stop being afraid of backlash from their decisions. I'm not vaccinated and don't hide behind the bullshit "my choice, my freedoms, my rights blah blah blah". That's cowardly. Stand behind your shit. Aaron didn't do that.
BLT

Post by BLT »

I mean you just told an internet message board. You didn't tell the NFL and risk extended time off and missing millions of dollars.

If you have a right to choose the vaccine or not then you should have a right as to whether or not you disclose it.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:29 pm
Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:26 pm

Deceptive? Absolutely.

He wasn't transparent and that's the problem. People should stop being afraid of backlash from their decisions. I'm not vaccinated and don't hide behind the bullshit "my choice, my freedoms, my rights blah blah blah". That's cowardly. Stand behind your shit. Aaron didn't do that.
Meh. Not sure if you listened to that but I can understand his justification for responding "Yeah, I'm immunized" to the "Are you vaccinated" question back in August.

Like you, my initial reaction when the news broke earlier in the week was that he lied. But the more I've learned since then the more I'm walking that back.

I suppose the question is how transparent does he have to be to the press/fans on this? We're in this weird place in society where people feel entitled to know such things.

I'll have to chew on this more, but I recommend everyone listen to this before digging into their opinion.

Say what you want about Aaron Rodgers, but he's always been a smart guy who thinks for himself. After listening to him I can't really fault any of actions.

He isn't bowing to authority and people are mad at him for it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:50 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:29 pm

Deceptive? Absolutely.

Meh. Not sure if you listened to that but I can understand his justification for responding "Yeah, I'm immunized" to the "Are you vaccinated" question back in August.

Like you, my initial reaction when the news broke earlier in the week was that he lied. But the more I've learned since then the more I'm walking that back.

I suppose the question is how transparent does he have to be to the press/fans on this? We're in this weird place in society where people feel entitled to know such things.

I'll have to chew on this more, but I recommend everyone listen to this before digging into their opinion.

Say what you want about Aaron Rodgers, but he's always been a smart guy who thinks for himself. After listening to him I can't really fault any of actions.

It's not about bowing to authority. It's the purposeful deception. Like you said, he's a smart guy. So a guy as smart as him knows when they are asking him if he's immunized in the middle of the pandemic, he knows they mean A. are you immunized from Covid-19 and B. Did you get vaccinated with Moderna/Pfizer/J&J.

Had he said something like "that's a private matter" fine. But saying yes to the question is deceptive no matter how you try to slice it. He tiptoed around the truth. That's cowardly.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:08 pm
Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:50 pm

It's not about bowing to authority. It's the purposeful deception. Like you said, he's a smart guy. So a guy as smart as him knows when they are asking him if he's immunized in the middle of the pandemic, he knows they mean A. are you immunized from Covid-19 and B. Did you get vaccinated with Moderna/Pfizer/J&J.

Had he said something like "that's a private matter" fine. But saying yes to the question is deceptive no matter how you try to slice it. He tiptoed around the truth. That's cowardly.
He knew the question was related to Covid and based on his appearance on the Pat McAfee show today he had gone on a immunization protocal.

He cited his reasons for not doing one of the 3.

I get what you're saying, but after listening to him I'm less judgemental of his answer in August.

He didn't want to be shamed and reporters were on witch hunt at the time, we saw it in Bucs pressers during camp when every player was asked the same question.

If you say "It's private" that is just code for not being vaxxed.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Go to 20:20 of that youtube video. Nobody is going to convince me that this isn't an elaborate troll job by Rodgers.

I have too much faith in humanity to believe he actually cited Joe Rogan as a health advisor. McAfee can barely keep a straight face.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:40 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:08 pm

He knew the question was related to Covid and based on his appearance on the Pat McAfee show today he had gone on a immunization protocal.

He cited his reasons for not doing one of the 3.

I get what you're saying, but after listening to him I'm less judgemental of his answer in August.

He didn't want to be shamed and reporters were on witch hunt at the time, we saw it in Bucs pressers during camp when every player was asked the same question.

If you say "It's private" that is just code for not being vaxxed.
Yes, like I said COWARDLY and PURPOSELY DECEPTIVE. He doesn't deserve to be coddled in hindsight and he's not a victim. His selfishness is likely going to cost his team at the worst possible time. Well not the worst, but on the road against KC is no picnic.
Dread

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:57 pm Go to 20:20 of that youtube video. Nobody is going to convince me that this isn't an elaborate troll job by Rodgers.

I have too much faith in humanity to believe he actually cited Joe Rogan as a health advisor. McAfee can barely keep a straight face.
He consulted with Rogan b/c Rogan (also not jabbed) recently had Covid and got over it in 48hrs after taking a slew of medications his Doctor recommended.

Rogan isn't a health professional and has never claimed to be, but he's very famous and well connected. Given Rogan's recent bout with Covid and shared experience he'd be a natural person to reach out to if you're as famous as Aaron Rodgers.

The two of them seem to be similar in that that they think for themselves and don't bow to authority.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I always get my medical advice from someone who is famous and well connected....🙄
Dread

Post by Dread »

Selmon Rules wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:48 pm I always get my medical advice from someone who is famous and well connected....🙄
So you're another person who didn't watch the interview? Or did you miss the numerous times he cited the doctors he's consulted and worked with since the summer?

Rodgers never referred to Rogan as a "health advisor" or even used a phrase to imply that. But by all means parrott a dumbfuck troll like LUGZ b/c it confirms your bias. Nobody expects you to start thinking for yourself now.

Rogan was not jabbed and recently when though Covid and got over in 2 days with just mild symptoms. Rodgers is not jabbed an wanted to consult Rogan on his experience since he was recently Covid positive.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

"I consulted with a...now good friend of mine Joe Rogan. And I'm doing a lot of the stuff he recommended...in his podcasts and on the phone with me."

- Direct quote from Aaron Rodgers, literally today.

If that's not Aaron citing Rogan as a health advisor, then I'm not sure what it would take to pass that threshold for you. That's some truly "Yea, I'm immunized" level of thinking there.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:14 pm "I consulted with a...now good friend of mine Joe Rogan. And I'm doing a lot of the stuff he recommended...in his podcasts and on the phone with me."

If that's not Aaron citing Rogan as a health advisor, then I'm not sure what it would take to pass that threshold for you. That's some truly "Yea, I'm immunized" level of thinking there.
If your boyfriend is as COVID positive and you asked her how she was doing and she said, take Tylenol and go the duck to sleep, does that make her a “health advisor?”
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

acmillis wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:27 pm
ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:14 pm "I consulted with a...now good friend of mine Joe Rogan. And I'm doing a lot of the stuff he recommended...in his podcasts and on the phone with me."

If your boyfriend is as COVID positive and you asked her how she was doing and she said, take Tylenol and go the duck to sleep, does that make her a “health advisor?”
Okay, that's two "Yea I'm immunized" thinkers on the board

Anyone else?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Out of all the universes I could’ve been born in... I’m in the one where Aaron Rodgers is calling up Joe Rogan for medical advice.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Okay, that's two "Yea I'm immunized" thinkers on the board

Anyone else?
Surrender noted?
BLT

Post by BLT »

Lol wait… WHAT
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:09 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:48 pm I always get my medical advice from someone who is famous and well connected....🙄
So you're another person who didn't watch the interview? Or did you miss the numerous times he cited the doctors he's consulted and worked with since the summer?

Rodgers never referred to Rogan as a "health advisor" or even used a phrase to imply that. But by all means parrott a dumbfuck troll like LUGZ b/c it confirms your bias. Nobody expects you to start thinking for yourself now.

Rogan was not jabbed and recently when though Covid and got over in 2 days with just mild symptoms. Rodgers is not jabbed an wanted to consult Rogan on his experience since he was recently Covid positive.
More accurately, Rogan got tested and had symptoms for 2 days. Likely tested again and was negative. But best believe he had Covid for more than 2 days. If he's found the cure to a virus it makes him the 1st.