Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
nybf

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:28 pm I wonder if there's any chance in hell Licht overrules Arians...
There's not.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to Keyshawn him. Might even be able to do it with cause and not have to pay him.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

nybf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:29 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:28 pm I wonder if there's any chance in hell Licht overrules Arians...
There's not.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to Keyshawn him. Might even be able to do it with cause and not have to pay him.
The more I think about it the more that makes sense.
Nano

Post by Nano »

AB has released a rap song after the game.

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Nano wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:15 pm AB has released a rap song after the game.

This can't be real.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:18 pm
Nano wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:15 pm AB has released a rap song after the game.

This can't be real.
This is real life
Snake

Post by Snake »

So he has a rap song.
He’s also referenced a Netflix show coming soon.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 pm Sooooo….

This is probably a publicity stunt for him.

The Super Gremlins post is cryptic as fuck. Does he know what a Gremlin is?
You think it's a publicity stunt to potentially kill any chance at making money playing football and risking his HOF status?

It's more likely a mental health issue.
So… lemme get this straight… my having schizophrenic delusions and not being where I want to in life is me not being accountable, but a guy straight up throwing his life away and blaming others is mental health?

You sound fucking ridiculous compared to past conversations.

AB has habitual behavior that shows he’s not capable of being in this spot. He just got off of a 3 game suspension for not getting a vaccine and literally forging it to a league office. He was outted because he was a shitty human being.

Sometimes Shitty human beings do shitty things. There is no “i think I could talk this guy into help”… he’s gotta experience rock bottom and that’s the only way he’ll grow. Knowing no one is answering those phone calls anymore is a great way to start.
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

His rapping sucks ass.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I'd bet Arians would then quit. He's already been made to look like he's only HC in name with zero authority.

There's zero chance he's back or it'll show how much of a shit organization we are to put up with crap like that. Licht isn't doing that.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Damn. I just saw some ig video of him and his "Uber" driver and that shit looked like a set up for..... something..... Guess it was the song.

This isn't mental illness.
Snake

Post by Snake »

nybf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:07 pm Damn. I just saw some ig video of him and his "Uber" driver and that shit looked like a set up for..... something..... Guess it was the song.

Yeah that was really bizarre. Felt contrived.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:11 pm
nybf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:07 pm Damn. I just saw some ig video of him and his "Uber" driver and that shit looked like a set up for..... something..... Guess it was the song.

Yeah that was really bizarre. Felt contrived.
Snake, look at the list you posted. You know this isn’t bizarre at all. You know him.
Tampabayfan

Post by Tampabayfan »

A grown man acting like a 2 year old. He had a temper tantrum. He gets paid millions to put on a uniform and play football. They should give him a pacifier and put him down for a nap. Bye!!
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:28 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm

You think it's a publicity stunt to potentially kill any chance at making money playing football and risking his HOF status?

It's more likely a mental health issue.
So… lemme get this straight… my having schizophrenic delusions and not being where I want to in life is me not being accountable, but a guy straight up throwing his life away and blaming others is mental health?

You sound fucking ridiculous compared to past conversations.

AB has habitual behavior that shows he’s not capable of being in this spot. He just got off of a 3 game suspension for not getting a vaccine and literally forging it to a league office. He was outted because he was a shitty human being.

Sometimes Shitty human beings do shitty things. There is no “i think I could talk this guy into help”… he’s gotta experience rock bottom and that’s the only way he’ll grow. Knowing no one is answering those phone calls anymore is a great way to start.
One can have mental health issues and still require accountability. Saying he has mental health issues shouldn't condone this nor allow this to take place without repercussions. That's a recent trend with some of society.

He's obviously crazy and has mental health issues otherwise he wouldn't continously screw himself. I'm not sure there's a debate there. His mental health issues make him piece of shit person. Not every sort of crazy needs coddling nor people to feel bad for them.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I was vocal about not wanting him. His play and attitude (publicly, at least) last season changed my opinion.

Seems I was fooled. What a shameful way to go out. Hopefully the team uses this moment to bond together for a title defense.

Go Bucs.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sorry if this was posted. One reporter said Brown benched himself and told Arians his ankle was feeling sore. Arians said get in the game or you’re done today. AB then threw a fit?

Seems to be a disagreement if Arians told him to GTFO.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:36 pm Antonio Brown’s “List” (per Reddit)

•Kicked out of Florida International University after fighting a security guard

•⁠"Don't touch me. I'm the franchise"

• ⁠His second year in the league he took a personal stretch limo to a charity event, had them open every single expensive bottle of wine, rejected it. Refused to pay for it (charity, remember), then left. -credit Nduguu77

• ⁠Threw fits over not getting enough targets

• ⁠Drove 100 down McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, which has a 45 MPH speed limit

• ⁠Trashed a condo and threw furniture out a window 14th floor window, which almost hit some people, notably a child

• ⁠Killed a home aquarium full of piranhas and refused to pay the man who installed the tank

• ⁠Refused to play week 17 for the Steelers

• ⁠Dyed his mustache blonde

• ⁠Refused to pay a chef because he thought he threatened him by placing a fish head in the freezer (the fish head was saved to make a soup)

• ⁠Farted on a doctor

• ⁠Demanded a trade from the Steelers

• ⁠Became "Mr. Big Chest"

• ⁠Threw a fit over Juju winning team MVP and trashed him on social media

• ⁠(Allegedly) nixed a trade that would've sent him to the Bills

• ⁠Showed up to Raiders training camp in a hot air balloon

• ⁠Held out and refused to show up to training camp because the NFL would not approve his helmet because it was too old for their safety standards

• ⁠Froze his feet

• ⁠Tried to paint over his old helmet, hoping no one would notice I guess

• ⁠Acquired a newer version of the same model of helmet, which the NFL refused to let him use

• ⁠Picked out a new helmet and finally showed up to the Raiders

• ⁠Got fined by the Raiders for not attending camp

• ⁠Tweeted the fines

• ⁠Tried to fight Mike Mayock, called him a cracker, had to be held back by Vontaze Burfict, then punted a football down the practice field and said "fine me for that"

• ⁠Got fined for that

• ⁠Released a video where he used audio of Jon Gruden, who didn't know he was being recorded, which is illegal in California (full disclosure, Gruden has said he gave permission, but the generally accepted theory is that he said that in the hope that it would help get him to show up to the facility and not alienate him)

• ⁠Demanded a release from the Raiders

• ⁠Was released

• ⁠"GRANDMA I’M FREEEEEE! FLY LIKE A FREEEEE!"

• ⁠Made a lot of crazy tweets saying stuff like 'Devil is a lie', a proverb about burning down a village... he made a lot of crazy tweets around this time is the point here

• ⁠Liked a tweet about Mayock getting raped in the ass

• ⁠Signed with the Patriots

• ⁠Moved in with Tom Brady

• ⁠The sexual assault allegations came out (the one where he's getting sued)

• ⁠The sexual harassment allegations came out (the one where he's not getting sued)

• ⁠Threatened the woman not suing him in a group text that included his lawyer and had a picture of her kids in the text

• ⁠Got released by the Patriots after one week

• ⁠Went off on a tweet storm and said a lot of crazy shit about a lot of people, and was supportive of people sending threats to the writer of the article detailing the sexual harassment allegations

• ⁠Said he was done with the NFL

• ⁠Went back to college via online classes

• ⁠Tried to outsource his homework to Twitter

• ⁠Wants to come back to the NFL

• ⁠Filed several grievances to try and get more than $40 million from the Raider's and Patriots

• ⁠Was ordered to show up for a deposition regarding trashing the condo

• ⁠Was accused of "reprehensible behavior" during the deposition Note: I cut the specifics about the deposition so I could fit this as a single comment. You can read more about it here if you're interested, because it, like everything else, is nuts

• ⁠Said that the Patriots have to pay him anyway, so they might as well let him play

• ⁠Tweeted a couple of bizarre tweets about the Raiders using him for HBO ratings and the Patriots trying to steal his stuff and kept using this weird chicken based metaphor

• ⁠Tried out for the Saints and brought an entourage and film crew to shoot a music video with him when specifically told not to do that

• ⁠Called out Robert Kraft for his rub and tug massage session in Florida

• ⁠Starting training for a boxing match with Logan Paul

• ⁠Tweeted "No more white woman 2020"

• ⁠The attorney representing him in the suit involving the condo quit

• ⁠Used a bunch of slurs and profane language towards cops in an Instagram video he posted

• ⁠A police youth football league cut ties with him and returned a donation after the release of the video saying there was a "irreparable rift" between the department and AB

• ⁠Threw a bag of gummy candy dicks at the cops in a video he posted

• ⁠Got dropped by his agent

• ⁠Was involved in a disputed with movers at his home where he allegedly threw rocks at the movers and moving vans. He is currently being investigated for battery by the police.

• ⁠His trainer was arrested and he is still a suspect in the battery case.

• ⁠Warrant issued for the arrest of AB.

• ⁠AB turns himself in to Broward Country Jail wearing this suit

• ⁠Rumors spread about AB signing with Tampa or Seattle

• ⁠AB announces his retirement (for what I believe is the third time, it's hard to find a good record of the rest of them)

• ⁠Two days later AB wants to play again and is asking for the league to wrap up it's investigation

• ⁠The NFL announces an eight game suspension for AB

• ⁠AB signs with the Buccaneers on a one-year deal

• ⁠Before he signed with the Buccaneers AB was accused of destroying a surveillance camera at a Florida gated community, throwing bike at a security-guard shack, and is not charged because HOA president "feared" retaliation, per police report

• ⁠AB is under investigation by the NFL for the bike throwing incident

• ⁠Allegedly acquired fake covid-19 card

• confirmed to have acquired a fake covid-19 card and subsequently suspended for three games

• Removed jersey and pads and threw them in the stands before exiting the games verse the Jets.
Had time to really think about this. AB needed help long before he took that jersey off this afternoon. Tom Brady knew it. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers knew it. Everyone knew it.

But none of them cared because he was a means to an end. His talent and what he bought to the football field meant more than actually caring about his well being.

Someone with a rap sheet this long has no business playing pro foot. He bears the responsibility for his actions and life. But he's not without enablers. Brady. Arians.. Licht. They all enabled this behavior and pinched their noses closed because he made their jobs easier.

So miss me with "he needs help". We already knew he did.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

The GOAT asked that we show compassion.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Hmm, some interesting details. There's some debate on wording but AB was basically told he couldn't be there if he can't go into the game when asked. Assuming this is true, is it reasonable to kick a player off the sideline if they feel they're not healthy enough to play? Would we do that to Evans?

Regardless, ABs response was over the top and way out of line, but if he legit feels like he's unhealthy and can't play and is then kicked off the sidelines because of it, I can understand him being a bit pissed.

I'm not sure what to think now, other than this is a fucked up situation. Did BA basically lose his temper because of the game situation and give AB an unreasonable ultimatum? Possibly. If so, then BA is at least partially to blame for this shit. But again, regardless, even if BA was unreasonable, AB could've responded in a number of different ways that doesn't involve quitting the team in the middle of the game.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Just asking, could it have been the owners wanting him gone over the covid thing?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:32 am Just asking, could it have been the owners wanting him gone over the covid thing?
In the middle of a game he had already been playing in? Unless they had a random psychotic break, not likely.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:27 am

Hmm, some interesting details. There's some debate on wording but AB was basically told he couldn't be there if he can't go into the game when asked. Assuming this is true, is it reasonable to kick a player off the sideline if they feel they're not healthy enough to play? Would we do that to Evans?

Regardless, ABs response was over the top and way out of line, but if he legit feels like he's unhealthy and can't play and is then kicked off the sidelines because of it, I can understand him being a bit pissed.

I'm not sure what to think now, other than this is a fucked up situation. Did BA basically lose his temper because of the game situation and give AB an unreasonable ultimatum? Possibly. If so, then BA is at least partially to blame for this shit. But again, regardless, even if BA was unreasonable, AB could've responded in a number of different ways that doesn't involve quitting the team in the middle of the game.
When was the last time you saw a coach kick an injured player off the sidelines?

If he's injured enough to need the locker room or hospital, he isn't being kicked off the sidelines, he is being sent to a higher level of care. If he is walking wounded, he can hang out on the sideline helping and supporting his teammates as is custom and practice.

Not sure I buy that narrative.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Three posts in a row blaming everyone except the guy who took off his jersey in the middle of a game, danced in the endzone while the game was being played, and left the stadium to go release a rap song.

Doesn't matter what the url is, we always have an incredible collection of fucking idiots.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:39 am

When was the last time you saw a coach kick an injured player off the sidelines?

If he's injured enough to need the locker room or hospital, he isn't being kicked off the sidelines, he is being sent to a higher level of care. If he is walking wounded, he can hang out on the sideline helping and supporting his teammates as is custom and practice.

Yeah, if BA did in fact say if you can't go in the game to get off the sidelines, then that is pretty fucked and way out of the norm. I'm sure in the week ahead the truth will be ironed out and we'll have more context. Either our coach was a needless dick about an injury and was unreasonable towards AB, leading to Brown responding like a fucking moron. Or, AB just went off out of the blue and ended his NFL career and massively hurt our team heading into the playoffs.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:39 am

Somewhere someone posted something AB said and some of our players liked it. This kind of leads me to believe some kind of friction was going on maybe as far back when he was missing games.

Plus, why did he unplug Brady or whatever it's called?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Is political, social media, augmenting his behavior. Plus, how long has that rap song been getting worked on?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Look at crazy ABTrain, he is one of the few that I might ever ask to leave my home, all because he has no self control.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

So it's Arians fault because he asked him to go back into the game? Bullshit. When Evans was too hurt to play because of his hamstring, he went to the locker room. Same with Fournette. Same with Shaq. Same with every player in the NFL who is too hurt. Your attempt to pacify the situation and make AB the victim is ridiculous. It's also illogical. Why wouldn't he want to get treatment if he's too hurt to play? I advise you also to go look at his Instagram. I advise everyone running to the mental health argument to look at it as well. He might need mental help but he knows exactly what he did and his response this morning shows he doesn't care or regret it at all. This is on him. Those who used him to fulfill a need are now seeing the consequences of trusting someone like AB.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:57 am Those who used him to fulfill a need are now seeing the consequences of trusting someone like AB.

Those who used him to fulfill a need would probably do it again despite the consequences.

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

For the record, I never tried to make AB out to be the victim. BA being unreasonable about AB's ankle and AB betraying his team and acting like a 3 year old child aren't mutually exclusive.

We don't even have conclusive proof as to what truly transpired. There are conflicting reports. But assuming BA said that if he can't go back in due to his injury that he can't be there, then I think that's unreasonable by AB.

Regardless, nothing excuses what AB did. Nothing. I made no attempt to excuse his behavior. Even if BA went off on AB for no reason and said a bunch of stupid shit and was the instigator of the whole thing, AB still would be an awful teammate and shouldn't be on the team due to quitting mid game when we needed him most.

I guess nuance is a dangerous thing around here. So is context. It's 100% one way or the other. Not going to argue the point though since I don't want another thread to be derailed.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:57 am Those who used him to fulfill a need are now seeing the consequences of trusting someone like AB.

Those who used him to fulfill a need would probably do it again despite the consequences.

That's been the cycle. Put up with him as long as you can and then throw him out when it gets to be too much and pretend to be shocked. Wash, rinse, repeat.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:06 am For the record, I never tried to make AB out to be the victim. BA being unreasonable about AB's ankle and AB betraying his team and acting like a 3 year old child aren't mutually exclusive.

We don't even have conclusive proof as to what truly transpired. There are conflicting reports. But assuming BA said that if he can't go back in due to his injury that he can't be there, then I think that's unreasonable by AB.

Regardless, nothing excuses what AB did. Nothing. I made no attempt to excuse his behavior. Even if BA went off on AB for no reason and said a bunch of stupid shit and was the instigator of the whole thing, AB still would be an awful teammate and shouldn't be on the team due to quitting mid game when we needed him most.

I guess nuance is a dangerous thing around here. So is context. It's 100% one way or the other. Not going to argue the point though since I don't want another thread to be derailed.
Nuance or context are irrelevant here. Nothing warranted that type of reaction. Period.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Cool, good thing I said that nothing excused what AB did even if BA was a dick and has to eat some of the blame for creating a volatile situati
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:06 am There are conflicting reports.
What are these conflicting reports?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:12 am Cool, good thing I said that nothing excused what AB did even if BA was a dick and has to eat some of the blame for creating a volatile situati
BA bears no blame for that situation. Zero. None. A 33 year old man with 4 kids reacts like that on National TV, that's 100% on him. BA could've been a dick but he didn't create a damn thing.