NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:05 pm
Phantom wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:50 pm Jim Harbaugh rumors heating up.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mich ... phins/amp/
To be honest if Arians hangs them up I would love to see the Buccaneers get Harbaugh.
Just as long as you’re not expecting any real long term commitment from him.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

I imagine someone unexpected will get fired.

Does Dan Campbell get a second year? Those guys were in almost every game.

Zimmer doesn’t surprise me. The thing that does is how many coaches Aaron Rodgers has gotten fired. Two, maybe three, new coaches in that division.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am
They had the Chiefs beat and melted down late in the 4th. I'm not surprised. Hell, if I was Elway, I would've fired him too
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:27 am
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am
They had the Chiefs beat and melted down late in the 4th. I'm not surprised. Hell, if I was Elway, I would've fired him too
That fumble wasn't necessarily on him. But down 21-28 with 4:38 left in the game with 2 TOs and down inside the 15 yard line he opted for a FG instead of going for the TD. That's bad coaching.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

McDaniels HC + Fangio DC is my ideal coaching replacements for Leftwich, Arians, and Bowles.

I'd be interested to see what Brady and McDaniels could do together untethered from the demands of another HC. Fangio will just be a better version of Bowles.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I'd absolutely love Fangio as our DC.

McDaniels as HC? Hell no. He can't be trusted. Couldn't even last 2 full years in Denver and even that time there was tumultuous to say the least. We can easily do better than a guy that went 11-17 as a HC.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am I'd absolutely love Fangio as our DC.
Yup. Some team would be lucky to have him as DC.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:20 am I imagine someone unexpected will get fired.

Does Dan Campbell get a second year? Those guys were in almost every game.

Zimmer doesn’t surprise me. The thing that does is how many coaches Aaron Rodgers has gotten fired. Two, maybe three, new coaches in that division.
Firing Campbell would be beyond stupid. There aren't many teams who win just 2 games, suffer the bad luck they have and still go absolutely balls out for a coach like that. You always hold coaching accountable for the results you've achieved. That's a given. But any healthy locker room will hold itself accountable in exit interviews too and given what we've seen I'd be shocked if they didn't pound the table for Campbell to come back. Sometimes you suck. Fuck it and deal with it. Build your team and keep going. That team is a "4 year plan" if I've ever seen it
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Great news for us
Carolina Panthers expected to target Jay Gruden, Bill O'Brien in offensive coordinator search, sources say
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Is Frank Reich safe with a loss today?

He obviously isn't getting fired.. But If you can't beat the Jaguars in a must win game, I'm not sure you deserve your job.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:20 am McDaniels HC + Fangio DC is my ideal coaching replacements for Leftwich, Arians, and Bowles.

I'd be interested to see what Brady and McDaniels could do together untethered from the demands of another HC. Fangio will just be a better version of Bowles.
You bet your damn ass they’ll be back with Bucs.. Arians is not going anywhere. So is Leftwich
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:26 pm Is Frank Reich safe with a loss today?

He obviously isn't getting fired.. But If you can't beat the Jaguars in a must win game, I'm not sure you deserve your job.
Crazy day in the AFC playoffs if Colts lose.

Makes the Steelers v Ravens game a 'win and in' I think.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Dread wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:50 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:26 pm Is Frank Reich safe with a loss today?

Ravens would need the Raiders to lose and the Dolphins to lose.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:50 pm

Yep. Colts essentially out with a loss.

Ravens/Steelers winner would then move up to 7th.

There's about a 0.00000000001% chance Raiders/Chargers ends in a tie.

Edit: @BJJ34 is right. Ravens need more help than the Steelers do.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I know I'm in the minority, but I am not impressed by Josh McDaniels, nor have I ever been.

Look at his actions. One head coaching job, wherein he imploded the Broncos and won less than 40% of his games as an NFL head coach. His second shot at the big chair, he backed out of his commitment to be the head coach for the Colts, which is a dick move any way you slice it.

Why do people like him, exactly? Because he's been lucky enough to be a coordinator under Bill Belichick, also lucky enough to have spent most of his career as a coordinator "coaching" the best quarterback of all time? Belichick's former assistants have collectively sucked ass as NFL head coaches.

I'd rather go about a half dozen different directions before I'd even ask McDaniels if his schedule were clear for an interview.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:36 pm I know I'm in the minority, but I am not impressed by Josh McDaniels, nor have I ever been.

Look at his actions. One head coaching job, wherein he imploded the Broncos and won less than 40% of his games as an NFL head coach. His second shot at the big chair, he backed out of his commitment to be the head coach for the Colts, which is a dick move any way you slice it.

Why do people like him, exactly? Because he's been lucky enough to be a coordinator under Bill Belichick, also lucky enough to have spent most of his career as a coordinator "coaching" the best quarterback of all time? Belichick's former assistants have collectively sucked ass as NFL head coaches.

I'd rather go about a half dozen different directions before I'd even ask McDaniels if his schedule were clear for an interview.
I don't think you're in the minority at all. I can't imagine anyone being intrigued by the idea of him as HC, much less actually have a compelling reason. There's a stark contrast to have a good working relationship with 1 player and running a successful organization.
Brady-andthebucs

Post by Brady-andthebucs »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:36 pm I know I'm in the minority, but I am not impressed by Josh McDaniels, nor have I ever been.

I've seen enough of McDaniels' mediocrity and incompetence in NE to say that I'm not, and never have been impressed with him there. Either way, I don't think McDaniels is leaving NE. I think he backed out of the Indy deal because NE offered him something last minute, likely guaranteed him the HC job after Belichick retires.

To be fair, I thought McDaniels did a pretty good job in building that team in Denver. He wasn't there long enough to watch it come together because he and his Belichick impersonation created beef between himself, certain staff, and players, but I'm sure he's learned from that opportunity. If he gets a HC job, I hope he hires Brady as OC or QB coach.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'm not interested in McDaniels but in all fairness, he was very young during that Broncos failure and it was a long time ago. I think he's earned himself another shot. Just not here.

Why do we think Arians would go anywhere?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:16 pm I'm not interested in McDaniels but in all fairness, he was very young during that Broncos failure and it was a long time ago. I think he's earned himself another shot. Just not here.

Why do we think Arians would go anywhere?
People have convinced themselves that his future is tied to Brady/Leftwich/Bowles etc.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:13 am
He’s made a good DC yeah?
Nano

Post by Nano »

A random nugget from Rhule about going for it on short with his 2 QBs
Matt Rhule on why he didn't use Cam Newton on 4th and inches --
Says he would have used Cam if it was 4th & 1 instead of 4th and inches and they were going to run a power versus a QB sneak.

States "You see, we have 2 QBs that can run a sneak. Since we only needed 6 inches, the obvious choice was to run the shorter QB so we didn't overshoot our target."
How does this dude still have a job? He's a fucking idiot
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Overshoot?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf

Post by nybf »

Staley should be on the hot seat for that stupid time out call last night.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Apparently that situation in Miami is messy. Their GM is staying. Coaching wasn't their problem. It's the severe lack of talent.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 am Apparently that situation in Miami is messy. Their GM is staying. Coaching wasn't their problem. It's the severe lack of talent.
I disagree. Miami's draft picks did quite well this year. You're right about the situation being messy as half the front office wants to bring in DeShaun Watson from Houston.

That being said, if the Dolphins owner can land Jim Harbaugh, Grier's job could be in jeopardy.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 am Apparently that situation in Miami is messy. Their GM is staying. Coaching wasn't their problem. It's the severe lack of talent.
I agree with you. I think Flores was making Chicken soup from Chicken shit.
Snake

Post by Snake »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:28 am Staley should be on the hot seat for that stupid time out call last night.
Agreed.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:34 am
Whoa.

People were crowning this dude for a long ass time too.

Apparently turning the ship around was too little too late.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:49 am
I disagree. Miami's draft picks did quite well this year. You're right about the situation being messy as half the front office wants to bring in DeShaun Watson from Houston.

That being said, if the Dolphins owner can land Jim Harbaugh, Grier's job could be in jeopardy.
Yea about that..

This move wasn't made to get Harbaugh.