Bucs at Falcons Wk 13 discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: Bucs at Falcons Wk 13 discussion

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Great news seeing Dean as full participant.

BA seemed confident that CD3 will be good to go as well.

We may finally have our starting defense on the field for the first time since week 1...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Nano wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 pm | Ryan Succop | N/A | 61.0 |
Someone at PFF needs to explain to me how these "advanced metrics" work.

The guy kicked 6 footballs at the goalposts. All six went through. He was literally perfect at executing his only job. Yet some neckbeard wipes the Hot Pocket grease off his fingers long enough to type, "Kicks weren't perfect enough. The Metrics have spoken. 61!" and it's a real thing that people are supposed to value.
I believe Nano meant through week 13, not specifically week 13. That is unless Antonio Brown played snaps and I looked away at the wrong moment.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Can't wait to see SMB, Dean and CD3 on the field at the same time again it's been so long.

Playing without each other and each having to be the number one with a lesser supporting cast at one point or another might have made the group even stronger when the band is back?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:16 pm
BLT wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:29 pm Listing anyone other than Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and Fournette is a stretch for the point you're trying to make.
AB is also the best and most trusted by Brady outside of Gronk.
And he got there by playing against him?
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:25 pm
Bleah. Hopefully Cappa can stay healthy and Marpet can get healthy quickly. It's not Nick Leverett's fault he's not good. He's a third stringer doing his best. But he's not good all the same. Frankly, we lucked out when it turned out Stinnie could play.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Nano

Post by Nano »

Whatever happened to that guard/center prospect we drafted in the 3rd round?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

He's being redshirted this season, to preserve his eligibility?

Oh wait...

Good question!
Dread

Post by Dread »

I thought Leverett did ok considering it was his first NFL action.

We ran the ball well vs a solid defensive front 7 and other than a couple plays in pass pro Brady was able to operate in the pocket.

Hopefully the starters stay healthy for sure, but Leverett might very well be the primary backup at Guard next year with Stinnie being a Free Agent. Maybe even a starter if Cappa leaves also.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Dread wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:10 am I thought Leverett did ok considering it was his first NFL action.

We ran the ball well vs a solid defensive front 7 and other than a couple plays in pass pro Brady was able to operate in the pocket.

Hopefully the starters stay healthy for sure, but Leverett might very well be the primary backup at Guard next year with Stinnie being a Free Agent. Maybe even a starter if Cappa leaves also.
He was much better as a run blocker, but he was a huge liability as a pass blocker. Just re-watch the highlights package and key on him. He's not a guy we should feel comfortable with, but it is what it is. Two guys go down at the same position, someone is going to be playing who probably shouldn't be.

Good news is it sounds like Marpet will be back soon.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Any chance Marpet plays against the Falcons?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

But @MJW did he buckle Buckners knee? After 11 did he help give us our first 100 yard rusher?

Grasshopper does this not deserve praise?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Mom, I'm getting my first start for the World Champion Buccaneers - good job Nick, I Love you.
Dread

Post by Dread »

MJW wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:40 am
Dread wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:10 am I thought Leverett did ok considering it was his first NFL action.

He was much better as a run blocker, but he was a huge liability as a pass blocker. Just re-watch the highlights package and key on him. He's not a guy we should feel comfortable with, but it is what it is. Two guys go down at the same position, someone is going to be playing who probably shouldn't be.

Good news is it sounds like Marpet will be back soon.
I just think the Bucs are fortunate to have a 3rd string guy who can hold up and I like Leverett's upside is all, not that I want him on the field in 2021. I know the team has been very impressed with him since camp and given his restricted FA status he's under team control next season unlike Stinnie and Cappa who are UFA's.

Leverett was playing his first NFL action last week and matching up against a 1st team ALL-PRO DT in Deforest Buckner. So of course he was going to lose some reps in passpro. It's pretty unrealistic of a standard to expect otherwise. Even Marpet gets beat and in that WFT game he got beat alot by Payne/Allen.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Nano wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:00 am Whatever happened to that guard/center prospect we drafted in the 3rd round?
Robert Hainsey - He was a Right Tackle in college at Notre Dame who the Bucs have been training at Center. I'm not sure how much work he's had at Guard in practice.

Similar to how the Bucs didn't play Cappa much his rookie season (also a late 3rd round pick who played Tackle in college) it seems they like to redshirt these rookie Olinemen.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

MJW wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Nano wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 pm | Ryan Succop | N/A | 61.0 |
Someone at PFF needs to explain to me how these "advanced metrics" work.

The guy kicked 6 footballs at the goalposts. All six went through. He was literally perfect at executing his only job. Yet some neckbeard wipes the Hot Pocket grease off his fingers long enough to type, "Kicks weren't perfect enough. The Metrics have spoken. 61!" and it's a real thing that people are supposed to value.
Hint: Neckbeards rule the world. Don't mock the neckbeard. :D
Kona

Post by Kona »

You’d think Hainsey would be in there getting reps, but who knows.

I for one thought Leverett did pretty well (outside of the false start) given the circumstances. One re-play in particular he stood Buckner up one on one in pass pro.
Kona

Post by Kona »

As for the Falcons, this game will probably be closer than it needs to be, but we should prevail. Just get the W and stay healthy please.
Dread

Post by Dread »

BLT wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:17 pm Can't wait to see SMB, Dean and CD3 on the field at the same time again it's been so long.
#MeToo

Assuming Gronk can stay healthy and AB returns in the next couple weeks so he can have a few games late in the season to ramp back up I think the offense will be even more formidable than it was at any point in last years playoffs.

But defensively, specifically the pass defense has always been the achilles heel of the Bucs defense since last season. In the playoffs last year our young CB trio really stepped up and were the key the defense carrying the Bucs to wins over the Saints, Packers, and Chiefs.

We'll need Davis, Dean, and SMB to be healthy and hopefully return to that form they played with in January.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Kona wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:16 am You’d think Hainsey would be in there getting reps, but who knows.
If Leverett has been getting reps at Guard all season in practice and Hainsey has been at Center it makes sense to go with the guy who been practicing most at that position.

With Stinnie being on IR now, if it were Jensen (instead of Marpet) who was injured then we'd likely be seeing Hainsey instead of Leverett.
Dread

Post by Dread »

3rd down RB Gio Bernard seems to have lost that role to some degree. He only played on 1 offensive snap Sunday in Indy.

Granted the Bucs offense didn't have a 2min drive where they were in pass only mode at the end of either half, but still. It seems Fournette is eating into some the the 3rd down reps on offense as well.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am Any chance Marpet plays against the Falcons?
Gregu Auman says yes, he's on track to play.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Dread wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:26 am
Kona wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:16 am You’d think Hainsey would be in there getting reps, but who knows.
If Leverett has been getting reps at Guard all season in practice and Hainsey has been at Center it makes sense to go with the guy who been practicing most at that position.

With Stinnie being on IR now, if it were Jensen (instead of Marpet) who was injured then we'd likely be seeing Hainsey instead of Leverett.
Makes sense, though I thought he was cross training at C/OG, I could be wrong.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Backside

Post by Backside »

Whitehead ruled out Sunday with a ‘very significant’ calf injury. So our secondary remains in shambles regardless of if we get CD3 back.

Starting to think we just might not kick the injury bug this year.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Jordan Whitehead is out Sunday, potentially longer. Bad time for the Edwards suspension. Apparently Whitehead hurt his calf in practice this week, no MRI as of yet.

Cockrell and/or Andrew Adams will fill the Safety void.

Jaleon Darden is out also with a concussion

Looks like everyone else is good to go including Marpet, White, and our trio of starting CBs finally back together.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Backside wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:40 pm Whitehead ruled out Sunday with a ‘very significant’ calf injury. So our secondary remains in shambles regardless of if we get CD3 back.

Luckily the calf is muscle instead of a ligament, so the potential recovery time should be less.

All depends on the severity, but hopefully it's only a few weeks.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Jayden Mickens plays for Jacksonville now and actually had a very good day returning on Sunday. Looks like our options are Scotty Miller, coming off a toe injury and our only healthy starting safety, AWJ.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:45 pm
Backside wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:40 pm Whitehead ruled out Sunday with a ‘very significant’ calf injury. So our secondary remains in shambles regardless of if we get CD3 back.

Luckily the calf is muscle instead of a ligament, so the potential recovery time should be less.

The only thing you got right is that the calf is a muscle. Calf injuries are extremely difficult to heal and often take longer than most other muscles. There's is also great risk of re-injury. Calf injuries also lead to achilles issues in a lot of players.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:50 pm

The only thing you got right is that the calf is a muscle. Calf injuries are extremely difficult to heal and often take longer than most other muscles. There's is also great risk of re-injury. Calf injuries also lead to achilles issues in a lot of players.
Because you missed the point as usual b/c of your innate desire to argue. The point was muscles heal faster than tendons/ligaments. Do you disagree?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I suffered a high grade 2 calf tear (anitibiotics!) in 2008. Just south of surgical at age 31. It was 12 week recovery.

Really depends on the grade and where it’s at on the calf.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:59 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:50 pm

Because you missed the point as usual b/c of your innate desire to argue. The point was muscles heal faster than tendons/ligaments. Do you disagree?
That's an incorrect conclusion you've come to. Muscles don't always heal faster than ligaments/tendons and vise versa.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So we were literally a few days away from having our starting defense back, and now we're down both Edwards and Whitehead for the next several weeks.

This is beyond frustrating at this point.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:40 pm
Dread wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:59 pm
That's an incorrect conclusion you've come to. Muscles don't always heal faster than ligaments/tendons and vise versa.
They teach you that at nursing school?

Teach me then. Why do ligaments heal faster than muscles since you're arguing it?