Bucs vs Saints Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
ATrain

Re: Bucs vs Saints Discussion

Post by ATrain »

Only good news for Vea and company.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:14 pm This game has set the NFL back a decade.

Saints defense is good tho. Geno is trash.

Kamara is a beast, they are now double teaming a RB on passing plays and the Saints don't have the weapons elsewhere to tale advantage.

Seattle gave the game away in the last 5 minutes. Geno taking that 3rd down sack, then the roughing the QB penalty, then getting shredded on a run play on 3rd and 10, then hopping offsides on the FG.
You didn’t watch Carson wentz and jimmy g on Sunday night I assume
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Pirate Life wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:32 am
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:33 am

winston is first in the league in td% and is the best redzone qb in the nfl lol... he put up 5 tds on the current 5-1 packers and destroyed the washington football team with 4 td passes. Like i said the weather playeda part in his stats tonight.the saints a have a fg kicker( unlike his time in tampa)... your secondary doesnt scare us, and winston is running more now. had 40 yards rushing tonight. Lets just keep talking till this weekend, and see what happens
He didn't destroy Washington if you actually watched the game. Payton actually chewed Winston out several times over boneheaded throws. Winston benefitted from the WFT putting up the worst effort on a Hail Mary anyone has ever seen (not a single defender jumped for the ball), several dropped interceptions, and his receivers bailing him out on bad throws. Truly a game where the stats paint a different story. But hey, putting up stats against the worst defense in the league is an accomplishment surely.

Gotta admit, he did make Rodgers look foolish. Exposed him for the terrible DB we've always thought him to be.
Excuses
BLT

Post by BLT »

Looking forward to the normal Lattimore vs Evans chippiness.

I really can’t stand the Saints I hate them more than any other team.
Dread

Post by Dread »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:41 pm
Dread wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:14 pm This game has set the NFL back a decade.

Saints defense is good tho. Geno is trash.

Kamara is a beast, they are now double teaming a RB on passing plays and the Saints don't have the weapons elsewhere to tale advantage.

Seattle gave the game away in the last 5 minutes. Geno taking that 3rd down sack, then the roughing the QB penalty, then getting shredded on a run play on 3rd and 10, then hopping offsides on the FG.
You didn’t watch Carson wentz and jimmy g on Sunday night I assume
Jaboo is awesome. League MVP candidate!!
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:24 am
Buc2 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:19 am

That's easy. Because for the vast majority of the history of this franchise, the Bucs have been total suck.
Because of being physically out played the majority of the time. The plays that allowed the game that never was, come from being physically beaten to allow the come back.
My opinion.
you should look to copy/paste others opinions.. using your own isn't working out for you
Dread

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Only good news for Vea and company.
Sucks for them. All 5 of their OL starters are very good imo but Peat is likely their best interior Olinemen and maybe best of the 5.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Noles1724 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:06 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:24 am

Because of being physically out played the majority of the time. The plays that allowed the game that never was, come from being physically beaten to allow the come back.
My opinion.
you should look to copy/paste others opinions.. using your own isn't working out for you

Not thinking about Tyler Johnson being the 4th WR doesnt make it not so.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BLT wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:42 pm Looking forward to the normal Lattimore vs Evans chippiness.

I really can’t stand the Saints I hate them more than any other team.

Perfect example of what I'm talking about. Lattimore being physical just about eliminates who ME is. Mike still hasnt done a damn thing about it.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Noles1724 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Not thinking about Tyler Johnson being the 4th WR doesnt make it not so.
couldn't have said it better myself
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:39 pm Then explain the 2 losses last year lol

Also winston had a 57 yard td throw againist yall in the playoffs. When drew Bree’s couldn’t bust a grape
Dude. Let us just watch the game and enjoy. Both teams are really good teams right now. No need to be salty about losing in the playoffs last season.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:42 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:32 am

He didn't destroy Washington if you actually watched the game. Payton actually chewed Winston out several times over boneheaded throws. Winston benefitted from the WFT putting up the worst effort on a Hail Mary anyone has ever seen (not a single defender jumped for the ball), several dropped interceptions, and his receivers bailing him out on bad throws. Truly a game where the stats paint a different story. But hey, putting up stats against the worst defense in the league is an accomplishment surely.

Gotta admit, he did make Rodgers look foolish. Exposed him for the terrible DB we've always thought him to be.
Excuses
Nope, truth. I was at the game and saw it, former player Brian Mitchell was pretty blunt on his radio show here about how the WFT let Winston off the hook for his terrible throws. Excuses are blaming Winston's performance with the Bucs on kickers.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Pirate Life wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:15 pm
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:42 pm

Excuses
Nope, truth. I was at the game and saw it, former player Brian Mitchell was pretty blunt on his radio show here about how the WFT let Winston off the hook for his terrible throws. Excuses are blaming Winston's performance with the Bucs on kickers.

So Winston just “accidentally” walked into 4 td passes. That’s some incredible luck, wouldn’t you say. And yea the kickers are why even despite the turnovers Winston’s win loss record is horrible. Matt gay missed 3 kicks in the final game againist the falcons in regulation. A game that should have never gone to ot
MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

Fella is taking a vacation.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Thanks, letting that race-baiting fuckstain derail discussions during the Saints week would've been unpleasant to deal with and likely prevented better discussion from occurring.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:01 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:15 pm

So Winston just “accidentally” walked into 4 td passes. That’s some incredible luck, wouldn’t you say. And yea the kickers are why even despite the turnovers Winston’s win loss record is horrible. Matt gay missed 3 kicks in the final game againist the falcons in regulation. A game that should have never gone to ot
Look at the Hail Mary, not a single WFT player jumps or tries to bat the ball down - even though they outnumber the Saints players and are in better position. Two of the TDs don't happen if WFT dbs hold onto passes thrown right to them earier in the drives. There's a reason Payton chewed Jameis out on the sidelines several times during that game.

As for the Atlanta game, Jameis deserves his share of the blame along with the kicker. If Devin White doesn't have a 91 yard fumble recovery TD after a trademark Jameis interception gave Ryan a short field, Falcons win in regulation. Jameis also killed two drives with penalties, an illegal forward pass and an intentional grounding. Not to mention the interception the Falcons returned for a td on the first play in overtime. Fitting he ended his time here the way it started with interceptiknd returned for tds on his first and last pass as a buc.

But hey, enjoy him on the Saints.
Caradoc

Post by Caradoc »

Stop feeding the troll
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Caradoc wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:53 pm Stop feeding the troll
Eh, it's fun seeing what excuse he'll come up with next. Though it's hard to beat the kicker one.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Eh, it's fun seeing what excuse he'll come up with next. Though it's hard to beat the kicker one.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Winston straight up could not throw anything besides a check down or an attempted deep ball on MNF.

Cover Kamara on the check down and make Jameis try to beat us, he won’t
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

They looked rough last night and the WRs are nothing to be afraid of. Our secondary is really banged up though so who knows how that will play out.

I don't believe their pass rush is as good as it was last year and if AB and Gronk are back they should have success on offense. I think this is the Super Bowl for the Saints though so the Bucs need to come out with intensity.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Cheb wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:29 pm The Saints are better than their 3-2 record, imo. I'd assume that this will be a close one. While it will be in New Orleans, they play on Monday night this evening, so we will have another day of rest which should help offset that.

If good Jameis shows up, we may be in trouble. If bad Jameis shows up, I think we roll them hard. But don't sleep on the other side of the ball; the Saints defense has allowed only nine touchdowns in five games. They're pretty good and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I'm not going to get too caught up in their scheme or personnel versus ours. We're two games up in the division and I'm just trying to enjoy it.

Go Bucs.
I don't see it that way. Yeah, they kicked the Packers butt week 1, it was an impressive win. But what did they do since then? Lost to a bad Carolina team. Beat a bad New England team. Lost to a bad Giants team, the beat 2 more bad teams in Washington and Seattle.

They've played 5 bad teams and didn't look good in ANY of them. They do have a good defense, but their offense is Kamara left, Kamara right, Kamara up the middle. The Packers have a terrible run defense and that's why the Saints were able to crush them.

The Saints won't be able to score enough against us because they're going to have to throw the ball. The more Winston throws, the better it is for us.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Pirate Life wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:04 pm
If you think that's fun, you should try sounding.
Dread

Post by Dread »

CannonFire wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:47 pm The more Winston throws, the better it is for us.
This is it.

Both defenses should take away the opposing run game. The Bucs are going to be locked in on AK and have the athletes to match up with White and LVD.

I'll take Brady & his weapons vs Jamiss and the his.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dread wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:10 pm Thanks, letting that race-baiting fuckstain derail discussions during the Saints week would've been unpleasant to deal with and likely prevented better discussion from occurring.

Forum for fans (and non-fans) of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Just sayin
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

LG Andrus Peat is out of the game, welcome the Rookie LG, let’s go Vita !
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Why does anyone think LVD and White are good at pass coverage? Devin white is allowing 85.4% of passes completed for an average of 44.1 ypg. LVD is allowing 82.9% completion and 44.0 ypg. Combined they are giving up 8.3 ypc, 10.7 cpg That’s 88 yards passing allowed by our ILBs. The last two games? Kevin Minter gave up 2 passes on 5 targets for 8 yards. Eight total yards. Maybe Minter on the field more on passing downs with Kamara out there.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 pm Why does anyone think LVD and White are good at pass coverage? Devin white is allowing 85.4% of passes completed for an average of 44.1 ypg. LVD is allowing 82.9% completion and 44.0 ypg. Combined they are giving up 8.3 ypc, 10.7 cpg That’s 88 yards passing allowed by our ILBs. The last two games? Kevin Minter gave up 2 passes on 5 targets for 8 yards. Eight total yards. Maybe Minter on the field more on passing downs with Kamara out there.
Those are not...polite stats for our starting ILB duo; but let's not lose the forest for the trees, here. Kamara would absolutely eat Minter alive in any form of Man/2/3 running a route tree. The athletic gap is that extreme.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Giants cut CB Josh Jackson
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

“[Vaughn] might have the best vision of all our backs, picking and sliding,” Arians said tonight on his team-sanctioned, sponsor-laden radio broadcast.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Rocker wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 pm Why does anyone think LVD and White are good at pass coverage? Devin white is allowing 85.4% of passes completed for an average of 44.1 ypg. LVD is allowing 82.9% completion and 44.0 ypg. Combined they are giving up 8.3 ypc, 10.7 cpg That’s 88 yards passing allowed by our ILBs. The last two games? Kevin Minter gave up 2 passes on 5 targets for 8 yards. Eight total yards. Maybe Minter on the field more on passing downs with Kamara out there.
Those are not...polite stats for our starting ILB duo; but let's not lose the forest for the trees, here. Kamara would absolutely eat Minter alive in any form of Man/2/3 running a route tree. The athletic gap is that extreme.
With those stats, going against the best running back we've seen this season, I don't see how it can be worse, honestly. Since I was looking at pass defense stats, I was curious if Sherman was as bad in games two and three. The good news is after being destroyed all of game one (100% passes completed [9/9]), his next two games were much better. 3/7 42.9% 20 ypc. Ypc was still bad, but he did get better.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:11 pm Giants cut CB Josh Jackson
Allowing 74.2% completion percentage this year.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:32 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:11 pm Giants cut CB Josh Jackson
Allowing 74.2% completion percentage this year.
We are looking at all kinds of old fart stains to see if they can help us, maybe he can turn a new leaf.
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 pm LG Andrus Peat is out of the game, welcome the Rookie LG, let’s go Vita !
Yes! Another strong player the Bucs get to avoid. This season is truly lining up like last season. The Bucs get to play a beat up weaker team to get an easy win.

Hopefully the dominoes continue to fall that way. We saw what happens the Bucs play a team that is at their best. It's not pretty.
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Kevin Minter was playing against a bad rookie with bad weapons. But if you think about it, that's why this Bucs team is so great. They get to beat up on weaker teams to make themselves look better.