Rapid Reactions Week 7: 38-3 Win Vs Chicago Bears

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Rapid Reactions Week 7: 38-3 Win Vs Chicago Bears

Post by mdb1958 »

@MJW Someone inform Tom for me that TJ could challenge YAC leader on this team.

Tyler Johnson is very good. I don't know what's going to happen with Godwin and AB going forward. But I feel confident in Johnson playing a bigger role if need be.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:44 pm

clever. what are you, 13? it’s not surprising that you so quickly revert to bad insults when you don’t have actual football knowledge. here’s a little help:

1980-1999 offensive lineman average weight: 286 pounds (gruber played at 6’5”, 292lbs)

2000-present: offensive lineman average weight: 315 pounds (wirfs is 6’5”, 330lbs)

different eras, genius. the difference in size has to be examined in the context of their respective competitors and peers.

and congratulations for successfully googling wirfs sacks stat for his entire career! wirfs’ 1.5 seasons is certainly a relevant comparison to a 12-year vet. based on your logic, mac jones is a better qb than brady: only 6 career interceptions!

next time, have your mom proofread your “football” posts before you submit. in her spare time, have her tell you how great gruber was, since you clearly never saw him play.
Lmao. Like I said they are both good, you take offense to I think Wirfs is better. Seems like you are acting like a 13 yr old.

I’m sure Wirfs would do better against Millard,doleman and R white. I saw more Gruber games than you I promise you.
not offended, just educating someone who clearly doesn't understand the ridiculousness of using weight and 1.5 seasons of stats to compare players from completely different eras.

sure, wirfs might do better against millard, doorman, and white, if he could fit his ass in doc brown’s delorean after marty dialed the late 80’s into the flux capacitor. :roll:

if you had actually watched gruber, you’d know he played against the 80’s-90’s guys like the ones you mentioned and was dominant (thanks for making my point). it’s doubtful gruber left much room for wirfs or anyone else to play them any better. gruber also played LT, a tougher position than RT, and played an entire season without a single holding call. let’s give mr. wirfs a few more seasons before we crown him the best.

still no actual football knowledge to back up your claim, no?
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

vivalaReagan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:09 pm
Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 pm

Lmao. Like I said they are both good, you take offense to I think Wirfs is better. Seems like you are acting like a 13 yr old.

I’m sure Wirfs would do better against Millard,doleman and R white. I saw more Gruber games than you I promise you.
not offended, just educating someone who clearly doesn't understand the ridiculousness of using weight and 1.5 seasons of stats to compare players from completely different eras.

sure, wirfs might do better against millard, doorman, and white, if he could fit his ass in doc brown’s delorean after marty dialed the late 80’s into the flux capacitor. :roll:

if you had actually watched gruber, you’d know he played against the 80’s-90’s guys like the ones you mentioned and was dominant (thanks for making my point). it’s doubtful gruber left much room for wirfs or anyone else to play them any better. gruber also played LT, a tougher position than RT, and played an entire season without a single holding call. let’s give mr. wirfs a few more seasons before we crown him the best.

A lot more football knowledge than you, you are letting emotions get in the way of facts . Wirfs >>> Gruber

Btw Gruber ended millards career with a cut block to the knees cause he was beat by Millard .
But hey according to you Gruber was the greatest ever.. lol
And of course you have all that football knowledge…. Lmfao
MJW

Post by MJW »

Dread wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 am
MJW wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:23 am Okay, No-So-Rapid-Reactions:

1) Brady is missing too many passes. I know that's ha-ha giggles against a terrible Bears team. But it could be a problem against the Saints, or a number of other teams we'll face in the second half. I'm not talking about contested passes against good coverages. I'm talking about throws he should hit where the receiver has beaten his man. There were probably 5-6 this game. It reminds me of the first half of the season last year. It was a problem, and it was a contributing factor in 7-5. It was less of a factor during the "run," and hopefully it will be again. But the idea Brady is playing at his best? Only for fantasy nerds.

2) Our run blocking was god-mode. Very nice to see. Our line was much, much better than a Bears DL (admittedly missing Akiem Hicks and eventually, Bilal Powell.)

3) It's time to just accept, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Mike Evans is the greatest offensive player in Buccaneers history. He'll have the TD record in a few weeks. By the time he's done - assuming he gets a 3rd contract - it'll take a generation before anyone comes near his total.

4) We miss LVD. I like Kevin Minter. He's a nice #3 guy. But no way someone named "Khalil Herbert" runs wild if David is on the field.

5) Tyler Johnson is very good. I don't know what's going to happen with Godwin and AB going forward. But I feel confident in Johnson playing a bigger role if need be.

6) On the other hand, the gap between Gronk and the other options - uber-prospect Howard and Mr. reliable Brate - is the Grand Canyon. Gronk is just that good, and Brady is just that comfortable with him. I hope and pray that for as long as Brady is here, Gronk is here with him.

7) Get those bad misses out of your system now, Succop. Real teams await.

8) Congrats Darden on taking *1* play before reminding us how misguided the Mickens fetishism was the whole time.

9) Both Fournette and RoJo are RB1 caliber players. Fournette has deservedly seized the mantle. But Rojo's slashing, decisive running is a great compliment. Arians would be crazy to deal him at this point.

10) We did what good teams do. We put the boot to the neck of an inferior team and kept pushing. It won't always be that easy. Even with a good Saints team closing out the first half, this has been an easy slate. The next half will be more difficult.
I don't think anyone is saying 'Brady is playing his best' these past couple games. But he's playing pretty damn well despite the few misses. He's 54/78 (69%) w/ a 6-1 TD/INT ratio while averaging over 250yds/game. I'll take a 211yd passing performance when we run it for 182yds. Especially when the defense and special teams keeps putting the offense in short fields where the offense doesn't have the opportunities to rack up yards between the 20's

It's nice that we all see room from improvement and where the offense is 'leaving meat on the bone' out there. But I do feel we're a bit spoiled now as fans and have created a bit of an unrealistic standard to where if Brady doesn't complete 80% of his passes for 300+yds each game then something is wrong.
I've been around since the Throwin' Samoan. You better believe I appreciate every snap of TB12 we get. This is the holy truth.

Also the truth: TB12 is missing too many throws he should hit. That didn't hurt us against the likes of the Dolphins, Eagles, and Bears. But it could very well hurt us against some of the better teams we play in the second half. And possibly the Saints on Sunday.

Not freaking out about it. Not ungrateful. Not a bad fan. Just making an honest observation. Guy is missing 5-6 throws a game over the last month or so to open receivers with time. I don't think pointing that out should be verboten.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Love Baldy breakdowns
MJW

Post by MJW »

Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:35 am

Love Baldy breakdowns
Dude just has a shocking blend of functional strength, agility, and (especially) balance. Even when he's "beaten" he recovers so quickly and finds his balance so quickly that he wins the rep. 320 pound dudes are not supposed to be that light on their feet.

I know it's ridiculous, but it would be a gas to see him gets some reps at defensive tackle. If he'd committed to that side of the ball instead, he'd have been another Richard Seymour. Not a doubt in my mind.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Love Baldy breakdowns
It would have been a disappointment if he had allowed Mack to do anything. Mack was playing hobbled on a bum ankle and didn't practice all weak.

That was not the Khalil Mack or normal. Wirfs did what he was supposed to do against a beat up opponent.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:19 am

Love Baldy breakdowns
It would have been a disappointment if he had allowed Mack to do anything. Mack was playing hobbled on a bum ankle and didn't practice all weak.

That was not the Khalil Mack or normal. Wirfs did what he was supposed to do against a beat up opponent.
So you are disappointed with no penalties,no sacks ,no pressures ? Got it …. :lol:

It wasn’t just Mack either
Snake

Post by Snake »

Happy to see the pro-Tyler Johnson sentiments. With the incoming cap crunch we are gonna need some cost-controlled guys to fill roles that are going out the door. Brady has done more with less than anyone. If we can keep M. Evans and complementary weapons around him, we should be okay.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:13 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:09 pm

A lot more football knowledge than you, you are letting emotions get in the way of facts . Wirfs >>> Gruber

Btw Gruber ended millards career with a cut block to the knees cause he was beat by Millard .
someone got hurt playing football?!? say it ain’t so.

still no actual football knowledge to backup your claim, huh? you’ve posted vids of wirfs; now post vids of gruber and breakdown the technical differences using your “football knowledge.”
Snake

Post by Snake »

Don’t waste your energy. He’s a turd who doesn’t discuss anything in good faith.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Snake wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:56 pm Don’t waste your energy. He’s a turd who doesn’t discuss anything in good faith.

I don’t remember you being part of the conversation? Fuck off punk
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

vivalaReagan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:50 pm
Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:13 pm

someone got hurt playing football?!? say it ain’t so.

still no actual football knowledge to backup your claim, huh? you’ve posted vids of wirfs; now post vids of gruber and breakdown the technical differences using your “football knowledge.”
Still going with the football knowledge huh ? Listen unlike you I have played just about all sports , and still can