Bucs @ Eagles Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
vivalaReagan

Re: Bucs @ Eagles Discussion

Post by vivalaReagan »

philly gives up more than 140 rushing yards per game. we should see a commitment to the run and some nice play action to exploit their safeties, who are the weakest part of their D. as long as the line contains hargrave in pass pro, it should be easy pickings for tb.

bucs D needs to limit hurtz running and their offense will struggle to put up many points.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:52 pm Hopefully AWJ is back against the Bears. Being out multiple weeks with a concussion is very concerning.
Yup, always very concerning when a player doesn't clear the protocol within a week to 10 days, which Winfield hasn't.

Luckily we are playing a soft part of the schedule plus it's a short week so teams normally are overly cautious.

If Winfield doesn't clear for the Bears game we have big problems, potentially career ending since Safeties with concussion issues don't stick around long anymore. Hope it doesn't come to that b/c the kid is a heck of a football player with a very bright future.
I see this injury designation much more on the side of caution than concerning. We should curb-stomp the Iggles. Minus a safety against such an obvious talent disparity? MEH! Give the kid another week of rest to ease the minds of the training staff and the player, come out firing next week with a little extra giddy up.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 pm
Dread wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 pm
Yup, always very concerning when a player doesn't clear the protocol within a week to 10 days, which Winfield hasn't.

Luckily we are playing a soft part of the schedule plus it's a short week so teams normally are overly cautious.

If Winfield doesn't clear for the Bears game we have big problems, potentially career ending since Safeties with concussion issues don't stick around long anymore. Hope it doesn't come to that b/c the kid is a heck of a football player with a very bright future.
I see this injury designation much more on the side of caution than concerning. We should curb-stomp the Iggles. Minus a safety against such an obvious talent disparity? MEH! Give the kid another week of rest to ease the minds of the training staff and the player, come out firing next week with a little extra giddy up.
Any other injury, you may have a point.

This is a concussion. He’s still in the protocol and can only be cleared by the independent neurologist. The neurologist has no stake in the game 1 way or another. So this isn’t just a case of the Bucs keeping him out as a side of caution. The neurologist would clear him at the 1st possible moment and that hasn’t happened yet. That’s concerning.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Caradoc wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:11 pm
Nano wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 pm This feels like a trap game
I feel like you say this every week
That is not a feeling. That is a thought. Feelings are one word. You’re welcome. 8-)
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:51 pm
Rocker wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 pm

This is a concussion. He’s still in the protocol and can only be cleared by the independent neurologist. The neurologist has no stake in the game 1 way or another. So this isn’t just a case of the Bucs keeping him out as a side of caution. The neurologist would clear him at the 1st possible moment and that hasn’t happened yet. That’s concerning.
Nope. Neurologists are super conservative on concussions, if for no other reason than liability. So the first possible moment would be when the neuro doc is completely sure that all brain activity is within normal range and no continual brain trauma is evident. Depending on the severity of the concussion the time varies before a “normal” EEG is produced. Fun fact: again depending on the severity, a concussion can be viewed on an EEG for the duration of a person’s life.
I said what I said

MJW

Post by MJW »

vivalaReagan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm philly gives up more than 140 rushing yards per game. we should see a commitment to the run and some nice play action to exploit their safeties, who are the weakest part of their D. as long as the line contains hargrave in pass pro, it should be easy pickings for tb.

bucs D needs to limit hurtz running and their offense will struggle to put up many points.
We should put up points. I don't see that as an issue, so long as we're winning at the LOS.

Interesting thing to watch: the Eagles running backs have only attempted 69 rushes this season - less than 14 attempts per game. Will they completely abandon the handoff against the league's best rushing D? It'll be interesting to see how they approach this. I imagine at least 2/3rds of their rushing attempts will come from Hurts.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:43 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:26 am This game scares me a bit. Short week, Brady's hand health is in question, no LVD, an away game. Hurts could gash us running the ball if we're not careful which when combined with our struggling pass defense could put Brady in a position where he HAS to put up 35 to win.

This and the Saints game are the two potential losses I see before the bye. If we pull this off, very good chance we end up 7-1 going into the bye and coming out the other end rested and healthy.

Pretty much this. I wasnt confident about this game with the secondary out. Now with LVD out it seems like it'll be even harder to get a win unless the O can put up another 40.
Considering how the secondary performed in the Dallas game fully healthy, I think Brady is going to have to put up 35 a game in order for this team to win. Normally I would think the Eagles wouldn't have a prayer but its a short week and several of the Bucs key players are out.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I'd like to see Kevin Minter kept off the field as much as possible. Maybe 5-1-5 as a our base defense for this game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 am I'd like to see Kevin Minter kept off the field as much as possible. Maybe 5-1-5 as a our base defense for this game.
Against a team that likes running the ball, that makes no sense.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I suppose if I'm the Eagles, and I see the Bucs defense, it's probably smart to attack the best rush defense in the league and the only real healthy unit we have on defense instead of pushing the ball down the field and challenging our very weak secondary.

Considering damn near every QB that's faced us has put up 300+ yards, it would the wisest move to forgo exploiting our weaknesses and run directly towards the strength of the defense.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:34 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:51 pm

Nope. Neurologists are super conservative on concussions, if for no other reason than liability. So the first possible moment would be when the neuro doc is completely sure that all brain activity is within normal range and no continual brain trauma is evident. Depending on the severity of the concussion the time varies before a “normal” EEG is produced. Fun fact: again depending on the severity, a concussion can be viewed on an EEG for the duration of a person’s life.
Agreed here. But my point to Rocker was that this was not a Bucs decision. They don't have a say in the matter at this stage and won't until he's out of protocol. An independent neurologist doesn't care that "its just the Eagles". It could've been the Super Bowl. If he doesn't pass the INs protocol, he's not playing.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:27 am
ATrain wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 am I'd like to see Kevin Minter kept off the field as much as possible. Maybe 5-1-5 as a our base defense for this game.
Yep exactly , we will see rookie lb KJ Britt play as well
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Minter filled in for David and White on previous occasions and has done very well in their absence. He's neither of them, but he is not a liability. We can play our defense.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Jason Bourne wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 am
King Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:27 am

I suspect he will split with Minter. Defend the run and make Hurts beat you with his arm. Any other game plan is insanity.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:24 am
Minter filled in for David and White on previous occasions and has done very well in their absence. He's neither of them, but he is not a liability. We can play our defense.
He didn’t effect the game against Washington when White was out in the playoffs last year either.

This is his career defining moment. Can he step up? We’ll see. I don’t feel like we need to change the gameplan because he’s in there though. Next man up, let’s got 51. You’ve got my confidence.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:24 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 am

I suspect he will split with Minter. Defend the run and make Hurts beat you with his arm. Any other game plan is insanity.
Exactly, White should have a big game, and Hurts can be real hot and cold. I think we get 3 turnovers.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:27 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:24 am

He didn’t effect the game against Washington when White was out in the playoffs last year either.

This is his career defining moment. Can he step up? We’ll see. I don’t feel like we need to change the gameplan because he’s in there though. Next man up, let’s got 51. You’ve got my confidence.
Disagree, he started played well and we won, what else you want out of a backup lb ?
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:09 pm I can't believe we didn't have 3 consecutive zero turnover games in the Jamiss era.
I detect irony in this post.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Jason Bourne wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 am
BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:27 am

Disagree, he started played well and we won, what else you want out of a backup lb ?
so did you even read the post you quoted?

I, in the post, said Minter didn’t cost the team… and that he has my confidence with LVD out.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:05 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 am

I, in the post, said Minter didn’t cost the team… and that he has my confidence with LVD out.
Yes I read that but you also said “he didn’t effect the game”. And I disagreed with that . Did you read my post ?
🤷🏻‍♂️
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Jason Bourne wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:28 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:05 am

Yes I read that but you also said “he didn’t effect the game”. And I disagreed with that . Did you read my post ?
🤷🏻‍♂️
Both of you are wrong. Minter hurts the defense due to his lack of speed. It’s easy to exploit Minter in the passing game.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Bootz, Why do you say that the Eagles like to run the ball?

They only have 10 more rushing attempts than the Bucs, and we know the Bucs are a passing team.

They are a team that likes to see their QB run the ball.

People in Philly are complaining about the lack of a commitment to running the ball!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

njdungeoneer wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:02 pm Bootz, Why do you say that the Eagles like to run the ball?

They only have 10 more rushing attempts than the Bucs, and we know the Bucs are a passing team.

People in Philly are complaining about the lack of a commitment to running the ball!
That's the way they are built to win games. They're 2-3 and had to come from behind against the Panthers Sunday. So they've had to pass the ball. But ideally they want to win with their run game. And why wouldn't they? They average 5.2 yards a run.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

njdungeoneer wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:02 pm Bootz, Why do you say that the Eagles like to run the ball?

Makes no sense. Their RBs have about 14 attempts per game. QB has 45% of rushing yards and 38% of the carries. It's mainly Hurst, their leading runner.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

AJPG wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Makes no sense. Their RBs have about 14 attempts per game. QB has 45% of rushing yards and 38% of the carries. It's mainly Hurst, their leading runner.
ssssh! there's no backing down now!
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Hargrave is a problem.
FBm4F0zXsAg67HJ.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The demise of Watt was overstated it seems.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

I was listening to Philly sports talk radio today. A caller started off with why he thought the Eagles had "a really great chance to win the game tonight". His reasoning was followed up with one of the hosts echoing his statements in agreement.

Their points were...
+ The Bucs are great at stopping the run, but the Eagles don't run the ball with their RB's in the traditional way. It's more of Hurts running the ball and occasionally handing it off, so this matchup won't hurt the Eagles.

+ The Bucs are injured in the secondary so their WR's should be open deep, specifically Quez Watkins.

+ With David being out, Ertz should have a big game.

+ The Bucs give up a lot of yards to RB's in the passing game, which plays well for Kenny Gainwell.

Both the caller and the host, along with the producer all boasted how the Eagles could put up 24 to 30 points against the Bucs and win the game.

Then reality slapped them both in the face. You guys remember former NFL FB Jon Ritchie, right? Well, he's the other host. He said, "Yeah, you guys very well may be right about that", referring to the Eagles offense vs our defense. He continued by saying "No do their offense vs our defense and how we're going to stop Tampa from putting up 40?" Dead silence for about 5 seconds. Ritchie then says, "yeah, I thought that might happen", and laughed. The other host joined in laughing with Richie and said "Shut up Jon".
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

AJPG wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:28 pm Hargrave is a problem.

FBm4F0zXsAg67HJ.jpg
Hargrave is an excellent player, but his numbers may be a bit inflated at this point in time. Of the 5 teams the Eagles played, Atlanta, Carolina, and Dallas all rank in the bottom 7 in the NFL in Pass Block Win rate (based on ESPN's data... the same to which your chart came from). Both San Fran and KC rank in the top 10.

He has 6 sacks, 5 came against Atlanta, Carolina, and Dallas
He has 4 QB knockdowns, 3 came against Atlanta, Carolina, and Dallas
He has 1 Hurry, it came against Dallas
He has 11 Pressures, 9 came against Atlanta, Carolina, and Dallas
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

CannonFire wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:52 pm
AJPG wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:28 pm Hargrave is a problem.

FBm4F0zXsAg67HJ.jpg
Hargrave is an excellent player, but his numbers may be a bit inflated at this point in time. Of the 5 teams the Eagles played, Atlanta, Carolina, and Dallas all rank in the bottom 7 in the NFL in Pass Block Win rate (based on ESPN's data... the same to which your chart came from). Both San Fran and KC rank in the top 10.

You can't hold the teams on the schedule against him. Dude is legit.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

First down but a hell of a tackle
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:36 pm The demise of Watt was overstated it seems.
I would have loved to have made a play for Watt this offseason. But since he wasn't on the 2020 team, I knew it was impossible.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Rocker wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 pm
CannonFire wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:52 pm

You can't hold the teams on the schedule against him. Dude is legit.
I said he was an excellent player. I didn't say he was overrated. Just pointing out that the extent to which he's better than everyone else, was inflated due to the softer schedule. How many times did you hear his named mentioned last night? I heard it twice. He had no pressures, no QB hits, no sacks, and no hurries. He had 4 tackles, none for a loss. He was basically a non-factor last night.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:29 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:51 pm

Those are some pretty spicy takes you have. You're thinking the Panthers finish the season 4-8? That Saints defense is pretty good. I see them as WC contenders going in to the final week with 9 wins and JW throwing it away, quite literally.
I don't believe in Sam Darnold at all. But he's not even their biggest issue. They just don't have enough talent. Gilmore will help but they aren't very deep. I'm not buying Carolina as a contender.

8-8 with this Saints squad would be a good thing for them and would also be a playoff spot. I'm not sure if you're in tune with the rest of the league but the NFC is not very good. 8-8 will likely be the 6th spot.
Not to nitpick, but don't forget it's a 17 game season now. I constantly have to remind myself of this as well. Anyway, so 8-9 or 9-8?
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:56 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:29 pm

I don't believe in Sam Darnold at all. But he's not even their biggest issue. They just don't have enough talent. Gilmore will help but they aren't very deep. I'm not buying Carolina as a contender.

8-8 with this Saints squad would be a good thing for them and would also be a playoff spot. I'm not sure if you're in tune with the rest of the league but the NFC is not very good. 8-8 will likely be the 6th spot.
Not to nitpick, but don't forget it's a 17 game season now. I constantly have to remind myself of this as well. Anyway, so 8-9 or 9-8?
Yea I know. I have to remind myself as well or have someone remind me. I’ve said 8-8 or some other 16 game record several times this week alone. Definition gonna take some getting use to.