Stephon Gilmore

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
nybf

Re: Stephon Gilmore

Post by nybf »

LUGZ wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:14 pm

In case anyone missed it....
Are you fucking kidding me? We couldn't top that? What a shit show.
Since it's a trade, the full salary goes on the books. Bucs don't have that much cap space. I'm sure your posting is equal parts fake outrage / abject stupidity because you understand nothing.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

LUGZ wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:19 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:18 pm

What if the Pats just weren’t going to trade to Tampa? Nothing we can do about that.
Bill isn't that stupid. If we made a more competitive offer he would've taken it because he's always been team first over emotions.

Licht likely sat on his fat ass yet again and the Panthers get Gilmore for free.
You’re wrong here. Bill trade Garropolo for a 2nd when everyone knew he could have gotten a 1st and more. He didn’t even shop him around. When Bill wants to do the player a solid he will take a loss.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Damn we haven’t even played them yet and the Panthers are turning into a real pest. They are doing good things over there.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Hit55 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:20 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:17 pm

Carolina is determined to have a great pass defense. Damn! I believe Belichick sent Gilmore to Carolina for peanuts and would never have traded him here.
Must still be a bit salty about Brady's success beyond the Pats and wants to make it that much more annoying when the Bucs play Carolina twice this year. He probably would have trade Gilmore to any NFC South team not named the Bucs, for peanuts...
Bill is definitely salty about the Gronk trade. Remember Gronk was retired and the Pats fought to get a 6th from us due to him unretiring. They were never happy with that.
Hit55

Post by Hit55 »

LUGZ wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:19 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:18 pm

What if the Pats just weren’t going to trade to Tampa? Nothing we can do about that.
Bill isn't that stupid. If we made a more competitive offer he would've taken it because he's always been team first over emotions.

Licht likely sat on his fat ass yet again and the Panthers get Gilmore for free.
Tell us more about your knowledge of the happenings within the walls of OBP?

No, actually...just don't.
LavonteDavid54

Post by LavonteDavid54 »

They are stacking a secondary of 3 guys to man up any trio of receivers for the future. Could be looking at 2 of the last 3 games for NFC South crown.

Guess somebody better start learning to run the ball, huh??

Well at least we have that 3rd string QB to help with secondary depth. !!

Worst part is a miracle fell out of the sky in landing the GOAT and all that comes with him and all of us with very strong opinions on some at OBP being crowned “ Great vs Lucky” are to forever stay quiet.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Bill wasn't trading Gilmore anywhere he didn't want to go. No matter the price. Taking a 6th round pick in a draft that's 2 years away is evidence of that.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Wah. Wah. Wah. Quit yer blubbering. We'll be fine. Or we won't. But it won't be because of one player.
Don't tread on me
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:26 pm Bill wasn't trading Gilmore anywhere he didn't want to go. No matter the price. Taking a 6th round pick in a draft that's 2 years away is evidence of that.
Yep. Gilmore got to choose where he landed and he chose his hometown.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Since it's a trade, the full salary goes on the books. Bucs don't have that much cap space. I'm sure your posting is equal parts fake outrage / abject stupidity because you understand nothing.
Additionally, he will remain on the PUP list until after week 6. Gives them time to evaluate him and see how ready he is. The Bucs were likely never a realistic option.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:27 pm Wah. Wah. Wah. Quit yer blubbering. We'll be fine. Or we won't. But it won't be because of one player.
Right. Only 1 person is blowing a gasket over this news and as @nybf said its fake outrage.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Imagine thinking the championship hopes of this team rested at the feet of a player that wasn't even available 6 hours ago.
stfulugz

Post by stfulugz »

LUGZ wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:41 pm Well it was nice feeling excited about the team again for five seconds this morning. Back to reality though.
stfu
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

LUGZ wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:52 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:48 pm Imagine thinking the championship hopes of this team rested at the feet of a player that wasn't even available 6 hours ago.
That's how improvement works though. One minute you're a non-competitive non-championship caliber team(where we are right now) then you add someone that changes that and improves the team.

Not rocket surgery.

Replacing one player on our roster led to a Super Bowl last year. So, yea.
I'd rather be a non-competitive non-championship team now...On October 6th....than I would in December or January. Because nobody is winning championships in October. We're 3-1. We're in great shape. Just need to get healthy, clean things up, and compete when it counts.
stfulugz

Post by stfulugz »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:48 pm Imagine thinking the championship hopes of this team rested at the feet of a player that wasn't even available 6 hours ago.
That's how improvement works though. One minute you're a non-competitive non-championship caliber team(where we are right now) then you add someone that changes that and improves the team.

Not rocket surgery.

stfu
Kress

Post by Kress »

Lugz, you just made me give Bootz a thumbs up.

Stop and think about that for a minute. Asshole.
stfulugz

Post by stfulugz »

LUGZ wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:02 pm
stfulugz wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:53 pm

stfu
Another LUGZ stan I see.
stfu
Snake

Post by Snake »

Inspiring a lurker to create an account in anger. LUGZ is the new Bootz.
Dread

Post by Dread »

nybf wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Fake outrage + abject stupidity is a perfect description of LUGZ's online persona here.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:09 pm Inspiring a lurker to create an account in anger. LUGZ is the new Bootz.
*CLUTCHES PEARLS*

Listen. I had my moments. But I've NEVER gone this far gone. I just you to call out the idiot fans. This crap LUGZ does, I can't explain. It's emotionally based. Stupid. Fake outrage and bad trolling. I at least make points that may seem outlandish but only because they don't fall in line with group think. People actually agree with me. LUGZ is on an island alone. Like who else believes shit like we're the 9th best team in the NFC? Or that we aren't a contender? Lugz don't even believe that.

Edit: What Dread said. Perfect summary.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:42 am
Snake wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:37 am Who has cap space? Curious how this will be structured.
Who has the cap space and a need at CB that is in win-now mode b/c they think they're a contender.

The Saints and Panthers just addressed the CB position. Although I could see the Panthers making a run at Gilmore.

Hopefully he stays in the AFC
Panthers aren't a surprise. Gilmore is a Carolina guy and they were one of only a few teams that had both the cap space and playoff aspirations in 2021.

All the other contenders would've had to make some magic happen with their cap space, which takes time. Panthers were in position to 'pounce' :P
on the opportunity and did so.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:04 pm Lugz, you just made me give Bootz a thumbs up.

Stop and think about that for a minute. Asshole.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Panthers have some seriously good depth at CB now.

Stephon Gilmore
Jaycee Horn - currently injured
Donte Jackson
A.J. Bouye
C.J. Henderson

They like Bouye at Nickel. So I assume Gilmore and Horn will be the outside/boundary CBs (once Horn is healthy).
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Lugz is a near automatic block for any new account.
stfulugz

Post by stfulugz »

LUGZ wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:47 pm lol this is too easy!
stfu
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

LavonteDavid54 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:25 pm They are stacking a secondary of 3 guys to man up any trio of receivers for the future. Could be looking at 2 of the last 3 games for NFC South crown.

Guess somebody better start learning to run the ball, huh??

Well at least we have that 3rd string QB to help with secondary depth. !!

Worst part is a miracle fell out of the sky in landing the GOAT and all that comes with him and all of us with very strong opinions on some at OBP being crowned “ Great vs Lucky” are to forever stay quiet.
Very Lugz like….
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

Not rocket surgery.

You talking about Gronk?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I am against this treatment aimed at Lugz. If he says something you don't like take it like a man. His opinion of the Bucs is tied to his emotions just like mine have been. I just don't like to have people hear me cry or whine.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:20 pm I am against this treatment aimed at Lugz. If he says something you don't like take it like a man. His opinion of the Bucs is tied to his emotions just like mine have been. I just don't like to have people hear me cry or whine.
LUGZ SHOULD be named LULZ, instead of being named after a gay shoe company. He is making his bid at becoming a troll (albeit a weak attempt, so far) and we're just trying to help a brother out.
nybf

Post by nybf »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:20 pm I just don't like to have people hear me cry or whine.
Weren't you the one whining that I locked you out of your BZ account? GFYS
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

nybf wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:37 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:20 pm I just don't like to have people hear me cry or whine.
Weren't you the one whining that I locked you out of your BZ account? GFYS
You mean you didn't? Awww man, more credit given than due. <snicker>
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Don't get me wrong Carolina is a good team but even with Gilmore, I'm not 100 percent sold yet on them going deep. Darnold is still young and they have benefited so far from a favorable schedule. I can see them sweeping us because of our injuries but if we see them in the playoffs I see us winning that, whether it's in Carolina or Tampa.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

We quite literally do not play Carolina until the day after Christmas. There's no telling where we'll be or where they'll be injury wise 2 and a half months from now.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Gilmore makes Carolina better, just as he would with any team he joined. But I'm still not worried about Carolina as a Bucs fan b/c they don't match up well against us.

CMC is the focal point of that team (and for good reason). But CMC hasn't done anything against the Bucs since Vea and Devin White have been here just as no RB really does much against us. So for Carolina to beat us they will need Sam Darnold and the passing game to hold up behind their very suspect Oline.

Defensively, Carolina is much improved. But Dallas lit them up like a Christmas tree and despite those CBs having nice names, only Gilmore is a proven commodity in 2021.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:12 pm Gilmore makes Carolina better, just as he would with any team he joined. But I'm still not worried about Carolina as a Bucs fan b/c they don't match up well against us.

CMC is the focal point of that team (and for good reason). But CMC hasn't done anything against the Bucs since Vea and Devin White have been here just as no RB really does much against us. So for Carolina to beat us they will need Sam Darnold and the passing game to hold up behind their very suspect Oline.

Defensively, Carolina is much improved. But Dallas lit them up like a Christmas tree and despite those CBs having nice names, only Gilmore is a proven commodity in 2021.
And not only that, but...

FUCK the Panthers!
Don't tread on me