Welcome Jalen McMillan

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Sdbucs

Re: Welcome Jalen McMillan

Post by Sdbucs »

Looking at some old articles before his injury...
Max Chadwick - PFF - May 5,2023

Both Odunze and McMillan are among my top-10 receivers in college football heading into 2023, joining Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka as the only duos to crack the top 10. I also believe Washington has the third-best receiving corps in the country, though McMillan feels that’s too low.

6. JALEN MCMILLAN, WASHINGTON HUSKIES
When discussing the best receiver duos in college football next season, it’s highly unlikely anyone will come close to Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka. If there was to be a challenger, though, it’d be Washington’s Rome Odunze and Jalen McMillan.

McMillan was the ultimate chain-mover for the Huskies this year. His 54 combined receiving first downs and touchdowns trailed only Marvin Harrison Jr. among returning Power Five receivers. The junior’s 29 catches of 15-plus yards were tied for second in that same group. Between McMillan, Odunze and quarterback Michael Penix Jr., Washington should once again field one of the most explosive aerial attacks in the country next year.
ProFootball Network, September 2022

2023 NFL Draft sleepers to watch in Week 4
Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
The Washington Huskies legitimately have three wide receivers worth keeping tabs on in the 2023 NFL Draft cycle and beyond. Rome Odunze is a size/speed threat with the frame density to hang tough in close quarters. Ja’Lynn Polk is a long-striding catalyst with explosive ability in the deep range. But the most complete of all these receivers might be Jalen McMillan. Through three games, McMillan has been the most productive of the bunch, with 308 yards and three scores on 16 catches. As a third-year sophomore, it’s not a given he declares, but he’s smooth, explosive, and tracks the ball incredibly well.
Think this guys gonna be a solid #3 for us.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Evans is an all time great chain mover. That was a weird ass tangent even for mdb.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Backside wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:35 pm Evans is an all time great chain mover. That was a weird ass tangent even for mdb.
He quite literally has been our go to guy on 3rd down since he's been here.

But mdb has ALWAYS been so hung up on Evans catch to target ratio, which always hovers around 50-55% or so. That's because the majority of the routes he runs are down the field. That doesn't mean he's not an option on 3rd down. The numbers show he's THE option.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

If tight end Cade Otton was the offensive player of the day on Tuesday, it’s pretty safe to say that rookie wide receiver Jalen McMillan was the offense’s star during Wednesday’s practice.

He and Baker Mayfield have already begun to develop a strong connection, as evidenced by the first play of the Bucs’ 11-on-11 period. McMillan, Tampa Bay’s third-round pick this year, got open near the left sideline and Mayfield threaded a perfect throw to him for a nice chunk of yardage.

McMillan went on to make three or four more catches throughout the rest of practice, and he drew praise from Mayfield when the quarterback spoke with the media after practice.

“He’s really friendly at the top of his routes, attacks the ball, catches with his hands. Just explosive, a smooth route runner,” Mayfield said of McMillan. “So just now, having him put it all together in the offense, get all these alerts, these cans and playing fast – I think for him, really the next step is mastering the offense so he can use that physical talent that he has.”
- Pewter Report
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:37 pm
If tight end Cade Otton was the offensive player of the day on Tuesday, it’s pretty safe to say that rookie wide receiver Jalen McMillan was the offense’s star during Wednesday’s practice.

He and Baker Mayfield have already begun to develop a strong connection, as evidenced by the first play of the Bucs’ 11-on-11 period. McMillan, Tampa Bay’s third-round pick this year, got open near the left sideline and Mayfield threaded a perfect throw to him for a nice chunk of yardage.

McMillan went on to make three or four more catches throughout the rest of practice, and he drew praise from Mayfield when the quarterback spoke with the media after practice.

“He’s really friendly at the top of his routes, attacks the ball, catches with his hands. Just explosive, a smooth route runner,” Mayfield said of McMillan. “So just now, having him put it all together in the offense, get all these alerts, these cans and playing fast – I think for him, really the next step is mastering the offense so he can use that physical talent that he has.”
- Pewter Report
Thats encouraging news
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Phantom wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:29 am
Grahamburn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:37 pm - Pewter Report
Thats encouraging news
Maybe we should wait for @CannonFire’s pov before declaring this as encouraging news. /s
► Show Spoiler
Don't tread on me
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:43 am

Thats encouraging news
Maybe we should wait for @CannonFire’s pov before declaring this as encouraging news. /s
► Show Spoiler
Or maybe we should just take it with a grain of salt. I've seen a lot of players "look good in practice" and then disappear when the lights come on and the TV cameras are rolling. Still, I have high hopes for this kid as Godwin's eventual replacement.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:03 am

► Show Spoiler
Or maybe we should just take it with a grain of salt. I've seen a lot of players "look good in practice" and then disappear when the lights come on and the TV cameras are rolling. Still, I have high hopes for this kid as Godwin's eventual replacement.
Don't tread on me
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Thats encouraging news
► Show Spoiler
CannonFires "The Buc stops here" podcast in his final say.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Delete, dam internet
Last edited by Central_Buc on Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Delete
Last edited by Central_Buc on Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Delete
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:03 am

► Show Spoiler
Or the I-4 ghosts just swallowed them up before the season started. Tonight on Unsolved Mysteries.