Week 17 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: Week 17 Discussion

Post by Snake »

acmillis wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:51 pm
Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:27 pm

I do. Fortunately I haven't lost either a parent or a child. I can't imagine trying to justify that losing 1 over the other is somehow better in anyway. But do you, sir.
You can’t be serious, right?!? I’m a 35 year old who lost his mother two years ago tomorrow. I also have a 9 and 7 year old. If you think losing a parent even comes close to losing a child, a THREE YEAR IKD like Shaq, you’re crazier than you already come across.
Paykel, E. S., & Uhlenhuth, E. H. (1972). Rating the magnitude of life stress. Canadian Psychiatric Association Journal, 17(6_suppl2), 93–100. https://doi.org/10.1177/07067437720176s217

"Three hundred and seventy-three subjects were rated on a scale of 0-20 - the degree to which each of 61 life events was regarded
as upsetting. Mean scores for the events ranked in a significant way from catastrophic events such as death of child or spouse
at the top end of the scale to trivial or desirable events at the bottom. There was substantial agreement between different sociodemographic groups and acceptable overall individual variation.

Death of a child was #1 across multiple sociodemographic groups.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I’m just letting it go from now on and refusing to engage his incessant disingenuousness, constant gas-lighting, and projections of his own inadequacy.

I know it just clogs up the board and I apologize for carrying on about it in multiple threads.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:57 pm
Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:42 pm

Vita's problem is the same. His health. Best ability in football is availability.
We signed him knowing his injury history. He is playing better after he signed. You said to a lesser extent with Vea as if he regressed at all, which he clearly has not. That is what I am arguing
Last year was not a good year for Vita overall. He was clearly hampered but he got pushed around a lot last season. He has done better this year, but last season was arguably his worst.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:27 pm

I do. Fortunately I haven't lost either a parent or a child. I can't imagine trying to justify that losing 1 over the other is somehow better in anyway. But do you, sir.
You can’t be serious, right?!? I’m a 35 year old who lost his mother two years ago tomorrow. I also have a 9 and 7 year old. If you think losing a parent even comes close to losing a child, a THREE YEAR IKD like Shaq, you’re crazier than you already come across.
Again, I'm not one who can ever imagine saying 1 is better than the other. Do you!!
Last edited by Bootz on Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:50 pm
Kress wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:46 pm Has anyone ever fallen off a proverbial cliff like Russ? One day, MVP consideration. Next day, practice squad.
He's actually been pretty good this season and I imagine they are going to ride with him again next year. They just want the cap flexibility should they land a QB this year and Wilson flounders, opening the door.

Hedge, hedge, hedge.
According to this article, this is the only chance to get out of the new 5 year deal that starts next year. They would take 30 million more of a cap hit if they waited to 2025 per Spotrac. He will definitely be a free agent next year

https://deadspin.com/russell-wilson-des ... 1851126910
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:23 pm
Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:22 pm

Interesting I don't recall seeing Devin get a pass when his father passed away last year.....
Jfc dude. You’re insufferable.
He really is..
Snake

Post by Snake »

Broncos will be eating $85m over two seasons when they cut Wilson.

He didn’t even make it to the extension phase of the deal.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:13 pm Broncos will be eating $85m over two seasons when they cut Wilson.

He didn’t even make it to the extension phase of the deal.
Not to mention they are already going into 2024 $20mil+ over the projected cap.

Broncos brass is opting to side with Sean Payton. As for Wilson, he'll have options in 2024. He had a bounce back year and by the numbers has been a top 10 QB this season.

Its very clear this move has zero to do with on field performance and everything to do with cult of personalities.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Two respected Super Bowl winning coaches have decided they no longer want to be in the Russell Wilson business despite him being a “top 10 QB.”

Says a lot.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

That's a very cherry picked way to look at the situation that ignores a ton of context.

I think the point has more validity with Carroll had Wilson not spent 10 years there, won a Super Bowl and the 2nd most number of games over that time span. Maybe if Carroll says "nah" in like 2014 or 2015, that would stick more. Also Wilson asked for the trade reportedly. Also, that haul that the Seahawks received in return, doesn't exactly say "we traded a bum".

But as always people will manipulate reality to push their agenda.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Here are some actual facts.
Russell Wilson’s benching by the Broncos today is solely financially related and has been in the works for weeks, per multiple sources with direct access to the situation.

The Broncos approached Wilson two days after their October 29 upset win over the Kansas City Chiefs and told him he would be made inactive for the rest of the season if he did not adjust his contract and defer the injury guarantee trigger date that he has for 2025. Wilson has $37 million in injury guarantees for 2025 that will become guaranteed no matter what on the fifth day of the 2024 league year in March.

At that time, Wilson was coming off a 3-touchdown game in the win over the Chiefs and was starting to experience the type of success he envisioned following a challenging first year in Denver. The threat however, “shocked him,” and the two sides got into a major dispute on how to proceed.

The issue remained, but the Broncos stuck with Wilson as the team strung together primetime wins over the Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings, followed by another win over the Cleveland Browns, one of the league’s best defenses.

Wilson, 35, has started all 15 games this season and has completed 66.4 percent of his passes for 3,070 yards with 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

When the threat was made by the Broncos, the team, Wilson's camp, the NFLPA, and another unknown party were involved in negotiations that ended with no change in Wilson’s contract

And it all came crashing down today when Sean Payton and other top-level members of Denver’s organization decided to go ahead with the plan they’ve had for weeks.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Suddenly you’re a fan of nuance. That’s amazing.

Wilson wanted traded away from the organization that drafted him and where he won a Super Bowl because they would not give into his demands for control and his desire for personal accolades. Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/345 ... ncos-trade

One of the first things that Sean Payton did in Denver was start rolling back the stupid shit that Russell Wilson wanted. Like his own personal office. The other players had to make appointments to even talk to him. Source: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... os-had-won

At the end of the day, Russell Wilson is a weirdo. He’s not a natural leader. He’s self involved, he puts himself above the team. Why are the Broncos willing to eat $85 million to get rid of him? Why did Seattle get rid of him instead of capitulating to his ridiculous demands?

He’s a problem. End of story.

^

I do not believe that damage control story that his camp released to make him look better. No chance that’s true. Laughable.
Last edited by Snake on Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Yet somehow 2 organizations signed him to $150mil+ deals.....Knowing he's a "weirdo".....I wonder why.......
Snake

Post by Snake »

Because he’s really good at throwing a football? Because stats and tape get executives all frothed up?

Buyers remorse is a real thing. Multiple teams signed Antonio Brown and regretted it.

Russell Wilson will have a market because he’s good at throwing a football. He’s also going to have a shelf life with the locker room and a head coach.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Now you're getting it. I didn't even have to refute the point made, you did it yourself simply answering my question.

Personalities are widely irrelevant. Sean Payton didn't exactly leave NO on good terms. Kinda saw where the team was headed and took a "get healthy" season off. Not to mention the year long suspension. If you're good at your job, that's all teams care about because guys like that don't grow on trees.

As far as your edited part, of course you won't believe what the horse says that doesn't fit your agenda. You don't operate in reality, so if you don't like it you don't believe it. That ain't news.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Funny to see some people embracing nuance now. I agree, Wilson has come thru this year and this is politics. Let them release him. He'll have his choice of suitors. You don't think the Vikings would be interested here?
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:24 pm

Again, I'm not one who can ever imagine saying 1 is better than the other. Do you!!
You really are an idiot aren't you?
Kress

Post by Kress »

Four Verticals wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:22 pm

If you're waiting for him to back down - as opposed to doubling down, circling around, regrouping, moving the goal posts, then coming in hard - it might be you who's the idiot.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

You really want your 15 minutes of fame, don't you?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:48 pm Funny to see some people embracing nuance now. I agree, Wilson has come thru this year and this is politics. Let them release him. He'll have his choice of suitors. You don't think the Vikings would be interested here?
Or Steelers. Or Bears. Or Commanders. Or *gasp* 49ers..
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Kress wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:27 pm

If you're waiting for him to back down - as opposed to doubling down, circling around, regrouping, moving the goal posts, then coming in hard - it might be you who's the idiot.
Yeah...my bad. After however many years of observing the same behavior over and over...I probably should have saved posting what everyone else is thinking.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Four Verticals wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:37 pm
Kress wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Yeah...my bad. After however many years of observing the same behavior over and over...I probably should have saved posting what everyone else is thinking.

Correct, and you were well received in your opinion. Then you get to voice it, and extol everyone to join you. Definition: Vote

Antonym: Dictator

Funny how that works. You're slipping a bit the other way, no? Just because of the strength of your conviction? Not saying you're wrong in your VOTE, but.....
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Playoff clinching scenario
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:45 pm
Doctor wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:48 pm Funny to see some people embracing nuance now. I agree, Wilson has come thru this year and this is politics. Let them release him. He'll have his choice of suitors. You don't think the Vikings would be interested here?
Or Steelers. Or Bears. Or Commanders. Or *gasp* 49ers..
Steelers I could see. Bears and Commanders are more likely to draft someone IMO. I think the Vikings may be the favorites. Wouldn’t shock me if Kirk and Russ legit ended up swapping teams and Cousins ended up in Denver.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

But Bootz told me (when I said Trask should play because he’s an unknown) teams only put a player in the game if they think he’s better than the starter. Surely that’s exactly what’s happening here, that the Broncos think Russ is not as good as the backup, right?!?!
ImYourHuckleBerry831

Post by ImYourHuckleBerry831 »

Need some insight for my fantasy football championship. Out of KW3, Deandre Swift and Travis Etienne who should ride the pine? I’m leaning towards Etienne but he plays Carolina.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Hard to say without more info. With what you said, KW3.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Let's say we best the Saints this week and clinch the division.

Do we play to win the final week or rest the starters??
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Some quarterbacks are made for certain situations. I think Wilson was perfect in Seattle where he had solid WRs, a balanced running game, a good defense, good coaching, etc. Who has his best WR in Denver been? Courtland Sutton? Eh. Javonte Williams is an average RB and he only plays like 1/2 of the snaps. Their OL isn't that great. I think a lot of qbs would be bad there. Brock Purdy would sure as hell struggle.

Same goes for Baker in the opposite sense. He would fail in many situations, but he has great WRs here, Rachaad White has turned into a top 10 RB, the OL has done okay, especially Wirfs who is prolly a top-3 tackle in the NFL. Plus, Dave Canales has gained a reputation for turning qbs careers around all of a sudden. Unfortunately, there's a chance we could lose Canales after the season as some whispers are growing he could be sought after for a HC job.

Which brings me to an interesting question...would you rather promote Canales to HC here if you're going to lose him or keep Bowles as HC and let Canales take another job? We saw this experiment fail in 2009 but that was then, this is now.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:38 am Which brings me to an interesting question...would you rather promote Canales to HC here if you're going to lose him or keep Bowles as HC and let Canales take another job? We saw this experiment fail in 2009 but that was then, this is now.
Where the Steeles have their tradition of mainly promoting their position coaches, this unfortunately is the Bucs tradition of hiring HCs under the Glazers. Raheem Morris. Dirk Koetter. Todd Bowles. We have got to stop firing HCs because we fear coordinators behind them will get jobs elsewhere. That's supposed to happen. If you know what you're doing, you have a replacement for your coordinators on your roster already.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

At the Pub in England!

These American fans are quite audacious talking about our team that way.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

mdb is at Epcot again thinking he’s on another continent.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I re-watched the Dolphins vs Ravens from last season. I forgot Miami went into Baltimore and hung 42 on them. Tua, Tyreek and Waddle went crazy that day but so did Lamar and company. Miami just won because they had the ball last. This is gonna be a fun game. Gonna have to dive in and out as we play at the same time.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:22 am Let's say we best the Saints this week and clinch the division.

Do we play to win the final week or rest the starters??
A 10 win season and a 6 game winning streak to close it out would be quite an accomplishment, but I don't think you start anyone who could use a week to rest up. They started Brady last year, but I think they felt like they wanted to get some rhythm and momentum because the offense had been so brutal all year.