The Official 2023 NFL Off-Season Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
CantonJester

Re: The Official 2023 NFL Off-Season Thread

Post by CantonJester »

Doctor wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:28 pm I think you would be hard pressed to say the sober guy in the other car that wasn't involved in the accident is the "cause" for why a drunk street racer killed two people.

Some prosecutors may try it, but it would literally be just because it's Carter and a possible high-exposure case.
Not if he was racing the driver that crashed and killed two people. He would then be accessory to vehicular homicide.

The 'misdemeanor' stuff related to drag racing is only if you get caught drag racing. If you get popped committing a crime that leads to the death of people?

Yeah, this kid's got problems on the horizon, and it aint cuz Carter's some high profile athlete.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The fact that he wasn't charged with fleeing the scene as well leads perhaps means they aren't tying him directly to the crash just yet? But I'm no lawyer. You could be right.

I wonder how the fact that the other driver had a BCA of .2 plays into things. Also, did Carter know the other guy was drunk?

You're right, this could get real ugly for him. Everything is going to depend on the prosecutor. They could have this plead out to the misdemeanors and leave it there before the draft even starts and this not move the needle. But if the DA is talking vehicular manslaughter in May, he could go straight undrafted.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Doctor wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:31 am The fact that he wasn't charged with fleeing the scene as well leads perhaps means they aren't tying him directly to the crash just yet? But I'm no lawyer. You could be right.

I wonder how the fact that the other driver had a BCA of .2 plays into things. Also, did Carter know the other guy was drunk?

You're right, this could get real ugly for him. Everything is going to depend on the prosecutor. They could have this plead out to the misdemeanors and leave it there before the draft even starts and this not move the needle. But if the DA is talking vehicular manslaughter in May, he could go straight undrafted.
Fleeing the scene implies so much here. I should've clarified: the fact Carter is a high profile athlete is likely the reason he wasn't jailed / arraigned that night. Hell, the AJC had to go snooping to even discover any of these details.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I do believe Aaron wants to stay in GB

Snake

Post by Snake »

Did I ever tell my Ricky Williams story?

I saw Ricky at a grocery store in Los Angeles in like, 2002. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying (must’ve been high).
The girl at the counter was nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence.” After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

A couple years later I’m in NYC and I see Ricky AGAIN. He’s walking with an 11/10 chick (white) and there’s a guy rapping into his ear as they walk. Like 1 foot away right into his ear and Ricky is just ignoring him. Ricky signed some autographs for people. I noticed his hands were tiny as hell. Just looked it up. Not even 8 inch hands at the combine.

What a dick…
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:22 am Did I ever tell my Ricky Williams story?

I saw Ricky at a grocery store in Los Angeles in like, 2002. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying (must’ve been high).
The girl at the counter was nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence.” After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

A couple years later I’m in NYC and I see Ricky AGAIN. He’s walking with an 11/10 chick (white) and there’s a guy rapping into his ear as they walk. Like 1 foot away right into his ear and Ricky is just ignoring him. Ricky signed some autographs for people. I noticed his hands were tiny as hell. Just looked it up. Not even 8 inch hands at the combine.

What a dick…
Cool story mdb
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I can’t imagine being bombarded by some dork every time I went to get a candy bar. I’d end up pretty salty after a while too.

I saw Rob Johnson at the Tampa airport once. Just kind of gave him a “what’s up” nod of acknowledgement. He still seemed annoyed by it. Lol.

Some guys are just, yes, dicks. Professional athletes aren’t exempt from dickery.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Damn that sucks @Snake. It wasn't like you were bombarding him, just acknowledging him. But putting the hand in your face? You're a better man than me.

@Grahamburn If I saw Rob Johnson in public I would have no idea it was him.

I saw Dexter Jackson(SB MVP, not the other one) at Amelie Arena in 07 during the ACC Tournament. I said "Oh look, it's Dexter Jackson". He heard me and did whats up head nod. He was extremely nice, came over to me and my brother & friends, shook hands asked how we were doing and said enjoy the games. A few hours later as we were leaving, we saw him again. Didn't say anything to him, but he came back over to us and said it was nice to meet us and take care.

I get that it might be annoying but it literally costs nothing to not be an ass to someone for acknowledging you and your status as a pro athlete.
Most hated man in America.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:17 am Damn that sucks @Snake. It wasn't like you were bombarding him, just acknowledging him. But putting the hand in your face? You're a better man than me.

I saw Dexter Jackson(SB MVP, not the other one) at Amelie Arena in 07 during the ACC Tournament. I said "Oh look, it's Dexter Jackson". He heard me and did whats up head nod. He was extremely nice, came over to me and my brother & friends, shook hands asked how we were doing and said enjoy the games. A few hours later as we were leaving, we saw him again. Didn't say anything to him, but he came back over to us and said it was nice to meet us and take care.

I get that it might be annoying but it literally costs nothing to not be an ass to someone for acknowledging you and your status as a pro athlete.
I think the Dexter vs. Ricky scenario is totally different. How many people, even football fans, would recognize Dexter Jackson? He probably found it flattering someone recognized him. With Ricky, he's (was) an actual celebrity who probably got accosted (not by Snake, but tons of people), and gets annoyed by it, especially for a dude who is open about his mental health.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I saw Keyshawn Johnson at BoA downtown Tampa (not the big round building) in '03. I was with my gf and we had a 35mm camera with us because we were taking photos of the area that day. When he looked up, I pointed at the camera and then at him...asking if we could get his pic. He was on a phone call but held up a finger indicating to wait until he was off the phone. We spoke to him briefly and he let me take a pic of him and my gf. Pretty cool moment. This was the summer after our SB win. I think it was just before TC started. My gf took the photo when we split, but I think I have the negative somewhere. Maybe one day I'll look for it.

This was the building. I see Wells Fargo's name is on it now.
Don't tread on me
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

What a dick…
No you didn't.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.knowyo ... -copypasta
Snake

Post by Snake »

4chan strikes again!
Kona

Post by Kona »

What a dick…
I appreciate a good copypasta
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Motherfucker!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:17 am Damn that sucks @Snake. It wasn't like you were bombarding him, just acknowledging him. But putting the hand in your face? You're a better man than me.

My wife works with a logistics company that helped Dexter's foundation during the holidays delivering turkeys and full meals to the needy. He's an awesome guy. Very humble.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I knew Ricky Williams was actually awesome!

Rob Johnson though? Dick.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:52 am

My wife works with a logistics company that helped Dexter's foundation during the holidays delivering turkeys and full meals to the needy. He's an awesome guy. Very humble.
That's awesome. Good to hear he's still active in the Tampa community.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:51 am I can’t imagine being bombarded by some dork every time I went to get a candy bar. I’d end up pretty salty after a while too.

I saw Rob Johnson at the Tampa airport once. Just kind of gave him a “what’s up” nod of acknowledgement. He still seemed annoyed by it. Lol.

Some guys are just, yes, dicks. Professional athletes aren’t exempt from dickery.
Surprised that nod didn't knock him down.
MJW

Post by MJW »

FWIW:

https://nypost.com/2023/03/02/saints-re ... -continue/

Loomis and Allen in full job-saving mode now.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:08 am I do believe Aaron wants to stay in GB

I believe the Packers do not want him back, and he knows it. I've read way too many sources who say the organization is sick of his act and that he was not physically or mentally checked in last season. Besides, they have one year left of Love on his rookie deal and they likely want to give him a shot.

I would not be surprised if he's playing 4D chess here and ensuring some fan scorn for the FO when they eventually do deal him.
Let's roll another joint
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

MJW wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:03 am

I believe the Packers do not want him back, and he knows it. I've read way too many sources who say the organization is sick of his act and that he was not physically or mentally checked in last season. Besides, they have one year left of Love on his rookie deal and they likely want to give him a shot.

I would not be surprised if he's playing 4D chess here and ensuring some fan scorn for the FO when they eventually do deal him.
Not only that, 15 years as a starter and they've been to 1 Superbowl with him. Might be time to move on and try something new, even as great as Rodgers is.

Pretty remarkable that since 1992 they've had 2 unquestioned starting QBs.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

MJW wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:03 am

This! Rodgers is going to the Jets
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Welcome to the circus!

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:21 am I saw Keyshawn Johnson at BoA downtown Tampa (not the big round building) in '03. I was with my gf and we had a 35mm camera with us because we were taking photos of the area that day. When he looked up, I pointed at the camera and then at him...asking if we could get his pic. He was on a phone call but held up a finger indicating to wait until he was off the phone. We spoke to him briefly and he let me take a pic of him and my gf. Pretty cool moment. This was the summer after our SB win. I think it was just before TC started. My gf took the photo when we split, but I think I have the negative somewhere. Maybe one day I'll look for it.

I was on a Southwest flight with him back in 2004 (He was with the cowboys at that time), going from FT Lauderdale to Tampa.

He acted like he was on the phone at the gate, acted like he was asleep on the 30ish minute flight, then acted like he was on the phone again as soon as the doors opened.

Can't say that I blame him. Has to be rough getting pestered constantly.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:38 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:21 am I saw Keyshawn Johnson at BoA downtown Tampa (not the big round building) in '03. I was with my gf and we had a 35mm camera with us because we were taking photos of the area that day. When he looked up, I pointed at the camera and then at him...asking if we could get his pic. He was on a phone call but held up a finger indicating to wait until he was off the phone. We spoke to him briefly and he let me take a pic of him and my gf. Pretty cool moment. This was the summer after our SB win. I think it was just before TC started. My gf took the photo when we split, but I think I have the negative somewhere. Maybe one day I'll look for it.

I was on a Southwest flight with him back in 2004 (He was with the cowboys at that time), going from FT Lauderdale to Tampa.

He acted like he was on the phone at the gate, acted like he was asleep on the 30ish minute flight, then acted like he was on the phone again as soon as the doors opened.

I can understand that behavior in crowded locations such as that. When we meet him, we were in the 2nd-floor lobby area where there was a seating area and there was very little traffic. I can see how it would have been easy to overlook him sitting on one of the sofas talking on his cell phone. Plus my gf was pretty hot. So I'm sure that helped the situation. :lol:
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

No names are showing up for who is signed in. Anybody else have that going on? Also no members list either.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:38 am

I saw him being a pundit earlier this week and he looked high as shit.

Did you see Warren Sapp on Rich Eisen? Looked like a pile of dead skin cells. Dude was ashy as hell.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I have so many of these stories. To sum up just the Buc Encounters:

Great Dudes:
- Monte
- LVD
- Shaun King
- Breshad Perriman
- Mike Alstott
- Carl Nicks
- Kenny Bell
- Barrett Ruud
- Russ Hochstein

Less Than Great Dudes:
- Scott Frost (remember he played for us?)
- Kong Suh, every damn time
- Herm Edwards, total fake
Let's roll another joint
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

The only story i have involves Brad Johnson.
It was the spring after winning the superbowl. I was 19 and working as a cashier at walmart and he went to my register.
Of all the cool things i couldve said i said "dude, you're brad johnson!". He laughed and said "usually".
Sadly i didnt get a pic or anything. Just a handshake and i thanked him for the superbowl. Really nice dude.
Snake

Post by Snake »

MJW wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:48 am - Herm Edwards, total fake
This surprises me.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:29 am
MJW wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:48 am - Herm Edwards, total fake
This surprises me.
Maybe I caught him on a bad day. I wouldn't want to be judged by every single interaction/conversation I've ever had.
Let's roll another joint
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Dilfer when he was with the Bucs was great. This in many encounters.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Four Verticals wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:08 am Dilfer when he was with the Bucs was great. This in many encounters.
He came off like a jerk when I saw him, but maybe it was a bad day. It was after a W… but he also sucked in it (shocking as that may be).
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:49 am
Four Verticals wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:08 am Dilfer when he was with the Bucs was great. This in many encounters.
He came off like a jerk when I saw him, but maybe it was a bad day. It was after a W… but he also sucked in it (shocking as that may be).
My experience with him was in a non game atmosphere, non professional atmosphere. Essentially in the neighborhood. Great with kids as well when he was under no obligation to be so or even interact with them at all.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Did I ever tell my Trent Dilfer story?

I saw Trent at a grocery store in Los Angeles in like, 2002...