Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
uscbucsfan

Re: Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by uscbucsfan »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:33 pm I’d say the 49ers are loving this.
Looking at their boards, they'd rather play us.
Snake

Re: Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by Snake »

Winfield saved the game. Let’s see if they take advantage.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:32 pm Big turnover. At least now it’s just a 3 score game.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:34 pm
Weird.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Looking at this game, can you blame them
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Brady-andthebucs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 pm
Bahamian:bucfan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:27 pm

Yup. Those two would have definitively helped the bucs greatly today. What a shame!
I doubt it. They played in the last game, and our inability to commit to the run or find a competent defensive coordinator lost the game.
AB didn’t play in the game, was on the Covid list.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:33 pm If we win this we win the Súper bowl against anybody.
How do you figure that, I'm just curious.

I said before the playoffs started the last team I wanted to play was the Rams.

Healthy, unhealthy, home, road or where ever it's just a bad match-up for us.

Game isn't over but I don't feel we're unbeatable even if we were to beat the Rams.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm

They’ve beat them twice already though?
MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

First - and last - warning. Leave petty, personal back and forth BS to PMs. My travel agent tells me Des Moines is just delightful this time of year.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm

Very hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season. Plus between last Monday and the 1st half, the Rams look All-World. They are playing extremely well.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:35 pm

Weird.
You don't think this Rams' team is better than us?
Patrick McIrish

It's not the injuries guys, not the way we played in the 1H.

We could have Godwin, Brown and a few freebies around the league and we still get our asses kicked in the 1H.

Full team meltdown pretty much.

And as always out coached on both sides of the ball.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The biggest difference right now is Brady is getting pressured and Stafford is not.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:37 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm
Very hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season. Plus between last Monday and the 1st half, the Rams look All-World. They are playing extremely well.
Yea and we look like doo doo, even Brady looks like garbage
Brady-andthebucs

Post by Brady-andthebucs »

I can’t even complain about the refs in this game. Yeah, the Unsportsmanlike penalties are sus, but they had no real affect on the game.

This team is playing like hot trash and needs to get their mess together. Also not lingering around talking after a play would definitely help with avoiding the penalties.They know the rule at this point, why do they insist on drawing the penalty?

I hope we run the ball more and get more aggressive on D.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Let’s see WHO actually wants to play some serious football when play resumes.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Brady-andthebucs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:39 pm I can’t even complain about the refs in this game. Yeah, the Unsportsmanlike penalties are sus, but they had no real affect on the game.

This team is playing like hot trash and needs to get their mess together. Also not lingering around talking after a play would definitely help with avoiding the penalties.They know the rule at this point, why do they insist on drawing the penalty?

I hope we run the ball more and get more aggressive on D.
Agreed.

Baf calls, but we wouldn't be much better off without them.
Patrick McIrish

Neither Suh or Brady taunted anyone!?

I think one got kicked and the other hit in the mouth but neither one taunted anyone.

If you get angry and say a few things that isn't taunting.

I disagree, those calls against us were huge.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Weird.
He’s right unfortunately
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Their receivers aren’t dropping passes. Ours are.
Their vets aren’t melting down getting stupid penalties. Ours are.
Their special teams aren’t missing kicks, kicking off out of bounds. Ours has.

Control the things you can control. The other stuff can be figured out. But we are making too many stupid mistakes.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The abandoning of the run kills me. Lenny opened the game with two gashes.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Still asking yourselves why AB was smacking people?
Brady-andthebucs

I don’t know what for. It ain’t like they’re out there outplaying anybody. We can hand them the game too - just like Dallas and GB did for them.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 pm Their receivers aren’t dropping passes. Ours are.

Control the things you can control. The other stuff can be figured out. But we are making too many stupid mistakes.
Simplicity comes from mastering the fundamentals and remaining composed when faced with adversity.

One team seems to understand. The other is the defending champions.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:39 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:37 pm

Yea and we look like doo doo, even Brady looks like garbage
That happens when you have 1 second to throw and two of your three wideouts are useless.
Patrick McIrish

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 pm The abandoning of the run kills me. Lenny opened the game with two gashes.
I'll never understand it.

Two of the best pass rushing players in the game and we let them tee off on us?

Even now we have got to have balance in the 2H.

Need the defense to get stops but on offense if we drop back every down we aren't going to win.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:38 pm

Weird.
You don't think this Rams' team is better than us?
This game is about matchups. We all know the Rams matchup well against the Bucs. The 49ers matchup well against the Rams. I’d want the team I matchup best against. That’s the Rams in their case.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 pm Neither Suh or Brady taunted anyone!?

I think one got kicked and the other hit in the mouth but neither one taunted anyone.

If you get angry and say a few things that isn't taunting.

I disagree, those calls against us were huge.
I think the Suh call had an effect. The drive continued and ended in points. The Brady call did not really matter because the Buccaneers picked up the first down anyway. However, both of them get the players pissed off which I think contributes to making mental errors. Regardless both the calls were pure bullshit and the officiating crew should never see the field for another NFL game after this.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Pretty much the result I was afraid of.

Not being physical and rerouting in coverage calls and play on the backend.

Missing Tackles.

Blowing assignments.

Not protecting our Tackles from 1v1 with Donald and Miller.

Abandoning the run and just getting crushed up from in Pass Pro (rather than playing heavy personnel and playaction max protect).

Not making the plays in key moments while we give up catastrophic plays and have huge penalties exacerbate it.

No one is getting open.

Honestly…losing by 4 was about the best spin I could put on this setup. That was hope on my end. Getting dominated if/when things didn’t go well early felt much more likely. Vastly better coached. Better roster.

This not the Falcons from the Super Bowl. This defense is profoundly better than that D.

Unless our defense does a complete 180 (in every way possible), this game is going to end up a calamitous end to this brief reprieve we’ve had. If they somehow get a stop and a big Turnover in the 3rd Q > go heavy personnel > Gap (which has been our most successful all year) run game and play-action max protect off of it > get it to 7 points mid 4th Q….that’s the only shred of hope.
Patrick McIrish

On sides kick?

J/K.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:43 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 pm Their receivers aren’t dropping passes. Ours are.

Simplicity comes from mastering the fundamentals and remaining composed when faced with adversity.

One team has yet to face adversity. Hint: It ain’t the Bucs.
Don't tread on me
Brady-andthebucs

Pirate Life wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm
Brady-andthebucs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 pm

I doubt it. They played in the last game, and our inability to commit to the run or find a competent defensive coordinator lost the game.
AB didn’t play in the game, was on the Covid list.
I thought it was the week after. Either way he wouldn’t have made a difference. The issue is the Ram’s pass rush. Brady can’t really get rid of the ball on time or accurately. I think running the ball will ease the pressure and open up the game for the WRs.

Right now, the O is playing like they are down 5 scores and like they don’t trust the defense.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:43 pm

I’m harping on it over and over. Everything you described is coaching. We just aren’t insanely talented to get away with this shit again. Too injured, age.

Plus, we avoided the Rams last postseason. Bad matchup.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Selling out vs the run again
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

Yea well, this will be Jpp's first playoff lost!