Who do you WANT to be the next QB?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who do you WANT the Bucs to go all in on?

Aaron Rodgers
28%
Russell Wilson
11%
Deshaun Watson
8%
Derrick Carr
6%
Jared Goff
No votes
Jameis Winston
2%
Kyle Trask
32%
Draft a new guy
11%
Some other FA
No votes
Some other trade-for-player
2%

Total votes: 53

real bucs fan

Re: Who do you WANT to be the next QB?

Post by real bucs fan »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:52 pm
Snake wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:32 pm There was never doubt that he’s a great physical talent…we know that much.
I am saying that he might be in a better headspace than he was with the Bears. There was a lot of pressure on him due to what they gave up to draft him.
Maybe Trubisky would be a nice project, but he doesn’t know the offense. The time to bring in a project behind Brady was last year. We went with Blaine and Trask. The thing with Winston is he knows the offense as well.

Obviously if you bring in a stud like Wilson then you can adapt and meet him halfway like we did with Brady. But doubt Arians/Leftwich are gonna bend their offense for Trubisky when they have Blaine and Trask in house already.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'd be down for Trubicky or Teddy B.

Bring back Gabbert too. Let it be an open competition, let the best man win and ride out the season.

I know everyone loves to be set in their ways, "this is a franchise QB", "this is not", "hero", "zero", but life and sports aren't that clean cut. Look at how many "hero" QBs only have one ring or no rings. Who knows what a change of scenery does for any of these former first-rounders.

Honestly, giving any of these other guys a full on second shot at a redemption arc with this squad... I mean there are worst ways to spend a season. If Trask isn't the guy to win out, and there's a good chance he isn't this year, then I honestly don't see a lot of better options out there anyway without an unlikely earthquake trade.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:31 am I'd be down for Trubicky or Teddy B.

Bring back Gabbert too. Let it be an open competition, let the best man win and ride out the season.

I know everyone loves to be set in their ways, "this is a franchise QB", "this is not", "hero", "zero", but life and sports aren't that clean cut. Look at how many "hero" QBs only have one ring or no rings. Who knows what a change of scenery does for any of these former first-rounders.

Honestly, giving any of these other guys a full on second shot at a redemption arc with this squad... I mean there are worst ways to spend a season. If Trask isn't the guy to win out, and there's a good chance he isn't this year, then I honestly don't see a lot of better options out there anyway without an unlikely earthquake trade.
I don't want to expend resources for a quarterback who isn't good enough to win a title with. That's really my only definition of "failure" here. Kyle Trask? Gabbert? Teddy? Whoever, as long as they don't cost us picks or cap space. Or, conversely, if we make the "big swing" for Watson or Russ, I won't really agree with it but I'll be okay with it. The worst thing we can do is something in-between, where we're trading draft capital and paying a big contract for someone like Cousins.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

31 QBs don't win the title every year. We're more likely than not going to have one of them. And the one that does win it is rarely the best QB.
In fact plenty of darn average QBs have made and won Super Bowls.

We still have to play out the season. We can't just sit it out and "wait" until a great QB becomes available.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Didn’t Arians say Bridgewater was their choice if they couldn’t land Brady? I’d imagine they’ll be dusting off that file and looking at his last two years of tape to see if they still feel the same way.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:48 pm Didn’t Arians say Bridgewater was their choice if they couldn’t land Brady? I’d imagine they’ll be dusting off that file and looking at his last two years of tape to see if they still feel the same way.
I’ve had this thought as well…

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

A two year fling with the GOAT and Buc fans acting like they too good for Teddy B.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

All of Winston talk need to rest including you Doctor
Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times believes a Winston-Bruce Arians reunion is highly unlikely, though. He explained why in a recent interview on The Rich Eisen Show.

“I’ve asked that, and I think I would’ve picked up a lot more vibe,” said Stroud. “I don’t think Bruce Arians is fine with it. Been there, done that. There was a time they were 7-7 his one year here under Bruce. He [Winston] threw for 460-something two games in a row. Then they played Houston and Atlanta, and he threw both those games away. I saw on Bruce’s face that day. He had reached his limit with Jameis Winston.”
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

That was Jameis. He threw several games away that year. Also won multiple games on his arm. Lost a few they should have won because of the kicker as well.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Does Ali’s retirement change anything? They can’t really afford to give up a ton of picks right now.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:28 am I'd go Winston.
Oh man, that's a shock.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Phantom wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:55 pm All of Winston talk need to rest including you Doctor
Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times believes a Winston-Bruce Arians reunion is highly unlikely, though. He explained why in a recent interview on The Rich Eisen Show.

“I’ve asked that, and I think I would’ve picked up a lot more vibe,” said Stroud. “I don’t think Bruce Arians is fine with it. Been there, done that. There was a time they were 7-7 his one year here under Bruce. He [Winston] threw for 460-something two games in a row. Then they played Houston and Atlanta, and he threw both those games away. I saw on Bruce’s face that day. He had reached his limit with Jameis Winston.”
I remember BA's face during the London/Panthers game when EatDuhDubeweh tried his hardest to lose the game (and succeeded!) If Bruce even gets tempted to re-open his foster home for retarded quarterbacks, hopefully someone at OBP will play him that game tape.
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I don't think we need to put to rest something that wasn't serious to begin with but sure.

I've been calling Winston to Steelers for two years now. Indy is a strong landing spot too. JT and that OL.
MJW

Post by MJW »

PetePierson wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:20 pm
MJW wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:40 pm

I remember BA's face during the London/Panthers game when EatDuhDubeweh tried his hardest to lose the game (and succeeded!) If Bruce even gets tempted to re-open his foster home for retarded quarterbacks, hopefully someone at OBP will play him that game tape.
We've watched many a' brutal QB performances over the years. That one is definitely Top 5.
Like...I haven't been ASTOUNDED by anything I've seen on a football field in some time. But that game was astounding.

Rich Eisen was practically laughing at him during the broadcast.
Let's roll another joint
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Phantom wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:55 pm All of Winston talk need to rest including you Doctor

I missed that game due to something with family. After checking in to see the complete disgust on this board I’ve never even seen the “highlights”.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Primeminister wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:51 pm

I missed that game due to something with family. After checking in to see the complete disgust on this board I’ve never even seen the “highlights”.
You should do it, dude. And it should HURT. Anyone who is arguing Winston "makes sense" or has "learned something" should just spend 13 minutes and watch the NFL highlights on Youtube. It's GRUESOME.

Here's where I come down on Winston. He was put in the Saints offense. He was given 22 passes a game, lowest in the league among starting QBs. 12-15 of those each week were screens/swings/smoke routes. So he probably had 5-7 actual "throw the ball" quarterback moments A GAME...and he ended up with higher INT% than Brady did in this offense. You put everything else aside, he's STILL throwing 30 INTs in this offense.
Let's roll another joint
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

MJW wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:16 am
Primeminister wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:51 pm

You should do it, dude. And it should HURT. Anyone who is arguing Winston "makes sense" or has "learned something" should just spend 13 minutes and watch the NFL highlights on Youtube. It's GRUESOME.

Here's where I come down on Winston. He was put in the Saints offense. He was given 22 passes a game, lowest in the league among starting QBs. 12-15 of those each week were screens/swings/smoke routes. So he probably had 5-7 actual "throw the ball" quarterback moments A GAME...and he ended up with higher INT% than Brady did in this offense. You put everything else aside, he's STILL throwing 30 INTs in this offense.
I say this every time someone tries to say how he did better on a new team. Kamara was that offense and he barely threw over 7 yards. Just looked that London game up, we held cmc to 30 yards on 22 carries too. Tho we did have Winston throw 54 times to 14 runs that’s not a good game plan either.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Heisenberg wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:17 pm
MJW wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:16 am

I say this every time someone tries to say how he did better on a new team. Kamara was that offense and he barely threw over 7 yards. Just looked that London game up, we held cmc to 30 yards on 22 carries too. Tho we did have Winston throw 54 times to 14 runs that’s not a good game plan either.
Must have been one of those gameplans that BA red marked all over (once Brady shows up the next year). Rat Bahstid!!!
Push the damned button already!
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

My guess at this point in the process is we’re going to roll with Blaine and Trask, but want to be pleasantly surprised. The problem is… we’re not the only team on the market for QB’s. The Steelers are needy. The offseason depends a lot on what they do as well in my mind. The other teams who need QB’s will dictate the market and set the asking price. DeShaun Watson going for 3 first rounds is the estimated guess at this point. No way we can afford that.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If you thought that last one was a shot at someone in particular...

It was. :lol:
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So after listening to the JL/BA presser I think the odds are very heavy we go re-sign Gabbert and go into TC with a Gabbert v Trask battle. Watson sounds like he could be a legit dark horse, but that would require Glazers signing off given everything around him.

I doubt we trade for any of the other big names or draft a guy. But hey, it's the season of smoke screens and misdirections so who knows.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:10 pm So after listening to the JL/BA presser I think the odds are very heavy we go re-sign Gabbert and go into TC with a Gabbert v Trask battle. Watson sounds like he could be a legit dark horse, but that would require Glazers signing off given everything around him.

I doubt we trade for any of the other big names or draft a guy. But hey, it's the season of smoke screens and misdirections so who knows.
I still think Wentz is an option as well. Bruce and Licht said there was 8 potential starting quarterbacks on their board. He also said Trask was going in at #1 and will compete with Gabbert. I am pretty sure if one of the 6 on their board is available for trade, then that will change option one. I guess we should be glad he thinks Trask is in the top 8.

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2022/03/jaso ... eir-board/

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2022/03/bruc ... door-no-1/
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:10 pm So after listening to the JL/BA presser I think the odds are very heavy we go re-sign Gabbert and go into TC with a Gabbert v Trask battle. Watson sounds like he could be a legit dark horse, but that would require Glazers signing off given everything around him.

Wentz...he looked like an MVP for awhile in Philly. Then he looked like the worst QB in the league. Last year, he looked like something in the middle. His stats were good - 27 TDs, 7 INTs, respectable completion and YPA. But he crumbled when they needed him. Week 18, win and in, against a Jaguars team with nothing to play for, and he went 17-29 for 185 yards, threw a terrible INT, took 6 sacks, and lost a fumble. I think that's who he is. Like Kirk Cousins and a few others out there, he'll provide good numbers and some good moments, but you can't trust him.
Let's roll another joint
nybf

Post by nybf »

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

nybf wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:09 pm
Dude always looks so fucking awkward no matter what he'd doing. He's just a goofy mother fucker, and that's forgetting the rape.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Looked like he was about to do a push up and then…. Naw dawg
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

acmillis wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:43 pm

Looked like he was about to do a push up and then…. Naw dawg
Also… my kid when I tell them to eat their vegetables. 😂
MJW

Post by MJW »

Winston is that one facebook friend who spams your page with updates about his life until you unfollow him. I understand why he's doing this - he's trying to make it clear to potential teams that he'll be good to go for camp. But he really doesn't need to vomit every rep onto social media.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cole Johnson James Madison QB 3.09 FA

Major: Cyber Intelligence
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Tyson Bagent Shepherd QB 2.95 FA
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

With regards to all the questions we have about positional talent and where it leads I think any first year on the field QB will be on a ferris wheel that's getting it's brakes worked on all year long. Search for some talent? that we can have some fun with without high public expectations. Leave the expectations to the team and let them settle it (as always).
6 picks, that's all we got at the moment. People (some) are fine with trading our draft(s) away for a QB, I am not one of them. Would not of even had it done for Brady. Going hard in free agency - just more future bleeding and talks of we only need a few more pieces and we will be relevant. This is a high volume draft in regards to the amount of players.
I think the proper direction going forward is through the draft.
Kress

Post by Kress »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:21 pm

Dude always looks so fucking awkward no matter what he'd doing. He's just a goofy mother fucker, and that's forgetting the rape.

Having a Triple H poster on your wall is a bold move.
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:21 pm

I won't be shocked if you wanted to be raped. Why does bother you clowns on how he is working out.

Didn't you say Corsair wanted to rape you?
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

MJW wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:09 am Winston is that one facebook friend who spams your page with updates about his life until you unfollow him. I understand why he's doing this - he's trying to make it clear to potential teams that he'll be good to go for camp. But he really doesn't need to vomit every rep onto social media.
He's working out and getting ready to rape this division with Michael Thomas. He does this every year and you are surprised??

Somebody needs to stone your ass.
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

PetePierson wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:56 am
This has to be a deep fake. No way this fucking moron was the #1 overall pick. His lack of self-awareness is almost impressive.

#CheckYo'Sheets

#Ballin
He is the number 1 pick and the Bucs all time leader in yards thrown and Tds thrown.

Brady is gone and back to reality for you losers. Hahaha