Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Season Finalé Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Season Finalé Edition

Post by Snake »

In the end, Stafford was always stafford.
Tnbandwagoner

Re: Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Season Finalé Edition

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

2 seed baby! Hell yeah!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

2nd seed!
Don't tread on me
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Wow……
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:38 pm In the end, Stafford was always stafford.
Bad football take.

He was great this year. Brady had done the same at the end of games (this year, too)...even ended his NE career with a pick 6 to lose in the playoffs.

People cherry pick what defines players.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
air-buc-pirate

Post by air-buc-pirate »

YES!!!! Detroit Stafford helped us!!!!
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHH
Hit55

Post by Hit55 »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:37 pm Bucs clinched #2!!!
More importantly, goodbye Saints!
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

How about that
air-buc-pirate

Post by air-buc-pirate »

Fuck off Saints
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

But those 49'ers are really good. Not that I want us to meet the Saints but its not a nobody team we get into the playoff..

Anyway.. Saints..... ohhh dirty SAINTS are OUT
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

air-buc-pirate wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:43 pm Fuck off Saints
One more time..

F'em
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:44 pm But those 49'ers are really good. Not that I want us to meet the Saints but its not a nobody team we get into the playoff..

They are to the Rams what the Saints are to the Bucs. They are built to beat them.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:45 pm
Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:44 pm But those 49'ers are really good. Not that I want us to meet the Saints but its not a nobody team we get into the playoff..

They are to the Rams what the Saints are to the Bucs. They are built to beat them.
It sure seems like it.
Don't tread on me
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:37 pm FUCK YOU SAINTS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
My favorite part of today
I said what I said

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:39 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:38 pm In the end, Stafford was always stafford.
Bad football take.

He was great this year. Brady had done the same at the end of games (this year, too)...even ended his NE career with a pick 6 to lose in the playoffs.

Its not a bad take. Stafford is who he is. He can't win important games. Never had, never will.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

BTW, Juan Jennings, the WR who made two clutch catches on the 49ers’ game-winning drive, played his college ball at the University of Tennessee. You’re welcome.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:25 pm BTW, Juan Jennings, the WR who made two clutch catches on the 49ers’ game-winning drive, played his college ball at the University of Tennessee. You’re welcome.
Great mbd impression
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:48 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:39 pm

Bad football take.

Its not a bad take. Stafford is who he is. He can't win important games. Never had, never will.
LOL. He played in Detroit. He's never played in an important game.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:32 pm
kaimaru wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:48 pm

He's also tied for 7th in NFL history for most game winning drives, 11 behind Brady with 9 years less playing time.

FBO or somewhere had a whole article breaking down Stafford's "clutch" in 1 game scores and in 2 min opportunities. He was historically really good, but the whole Lions stink thing drowned it out.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Since we played 9 road games this year do we get 9 home games next year?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:38 pm Since we played 9 road games this year do we get 9 home games next year?
Yes. The conferences alternate every year. Our 17th game we get the Chiefs at home
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:51 pm When our defense leaves Brady on the bench so long - he hears that tablet laughing at him!

Wow tough crowd
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:51 pm When our defense leaves Brady on the bench so long - he hears that tablet laughing at him!

Wow tough crowd
You must have been laughing really hard when you typed that one out I bet.
Dread

Post by Dread »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:38 pm Since we played 9 road games this year do we get 9 home games next year?
Yes, buy it will likely be an international game
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:46 pm

He's also tied for 7th in NFL history for most game winning drives, 11 behind Brady with 9 years less playing time.

FBO or somewhere had a whole article breaking down Stafford's "clutch" in 1 game scores and in 2 min opportunities. He was historically really good, but the whole Lions stink thing drowned it out.
I've never looked too close at the statistics but I've always believed Stafford was a hell of a talent. You just can't see greatness in a QB in Detroit because QBs, more than any other position, are measured by wins. People always talk about what Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson could have been if they played elsewhere, why does Stafford not get the same?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Brazen331 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:16 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm

Wow tough crowd
You must have been laughing really hard when you typed that one out I bet.

I did have a hey that's not bad moment.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dread wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:21 am
Yes, buy it will likely be an international game

Large bull ring, soccer stadium, or re-education camp?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 am

I've never looked too close at the statistics but I've always believed Stafford was a hell of a talent. You just can't see greatness in a QB in Detroit because QBs, more than any other position, are measured by wins. People always talk about what Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson could have been if they played elsewhere, why does Stafford not get the same?

Good points on both sides but I lock my NFL fanism away from here in a little room - I don't want it around here - small little room - no windows...
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

With that said I have to "laugh out loud"

Dolphins
Colts
Chargers
Saints

"honorable mention"

Browns
Ravens
Vikings
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

punch line assistance... if you weren't so damn vague in your post people might understand what the hell you're talking about.

Start there, then we'll get to the quality of the joke(s).
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Just ate a bag of popcorn reading this thread. Comedy gold. Award for most emotional poster, and it's close, so a tie:

Atranny & 13F11B

Thanks for the laughs.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Peyton Manning holds the record because he has some years with no defense and had to bail them out all the time. Meanwhile, Brady always had a good defense. I think that over inflates this stat. Just because you do it in the regular season, doesn't make you clutch and he sure wasn't clutch down the stretch for the playoffs.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:04 pm

Peyton Manning holds the record because he has some years with no defense and had to bail them out all the time. Meanwhile, Brady always had a good defense. I think that over inflates this stat. Just because you do it in the regular season, doesn't make you clutch and he sure wasn't clutch down the stretch for the playoffs.
That's why there are stays with % of success in 2 min eith a 1 score game and his are historically really good.

Stafford has always been a really good QB and was elite this year.

We'll see how he does in the playoffs.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 am

I lived in South Carolina during his Megatron years. We got every effing Detroit game, so I saw a ton of these games. He had a shit for a decent running back group. His OLine was okay when he started and deteriorated the years later. At first, like in 2011 he would throw 3 picks in any game against a decent opponent. Then years later, yes his OLine is trash and he doesn't have a running game (maybe BECAUSE of the line), and half his games he passes under 250 yards. Not just a little. There were multiple games under 200. Then he became like Winston. Trying to do to much and throwing that one pick that made killed the chance. Megatron was still there and they were triple covering him. Now after 2013 Nate Burleson left so he didn't have a true #2. I didn't see a QB that elevated his team. He made it to the playoffs 3 times. 0-3 with 4 TDs and 3 Ints. Every time it looked like he was playing in quicksand. I was just glad I moved and didn't have to watch shitting Lions teams anymore. (Also why I hated Pittsburgh and Dallas they were literally on every week.)