Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Re: Antonio Brown Saga

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:57 am AB's screen shot of the message with him and Guerrero makes AB look even worse, especially with his history of not paying. AG basically said he would send money back if AB wanted to stop service.

This makes even less sense than the rest. It looks like AG was ok paying AB back a portion of the 100K. What is the issue here?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

44BBFEFE-A877-4717-804A-41250E1379E2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I hope the rest of the team was careful about what they texted to AB.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:28 am I hope the rest of the team was careful about what they texted to AB.
They'd only need to be careful if it were damning or went against a direct statement they made.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:28 am I hope the rest of the team was careful about what they texted to AB.
He also posted this:

but this was more humorous because they left him in NY and he stayed there than an insult IMO.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

This is changing from a shitstorm to a dumpster fire.

This is going to play out like a really nasty divorce. I hate it when that happens.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:36 am
He also posted this:

but this was more humorous because they left him in NY and he stayed there than an insult IMO.
JFC 😂
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:37 am

BA was staring AB down in that first vid. Trouble was already brewing.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:35 am
They'd only need to be careful if it were damning or went against a direct statement they made.
It doesn’t matter. Anything texted could be turned into drama. Hopefully the married/engaged men texted no dirt to this man.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I laughed at “You’re divorced!”

Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:55 am Someone with knowledge on this, how can the Bucs list AB on the injury report as "not injury related" when it is in fact injury related, no matter the circumstances?
Since AB is not in the building to be evaluated by team doctors (even if he really is injured) I can understand how they would state 'not injury related'.

I know you're taking AB's word on his injury status. But we don't know either way. I mean you use the word "fact", but is it really? Do you evidence to support this "fact" other than the word of AB or his reps after the fact in attempt to position a favorable narrative?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:59 am
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:55 am Someone with knowledge on this, how can the Bucs list AB on the injury report as "not injury related" when it is in fact injury related, no matter the circumstances?
Since AB is not in the building to be evaluated by team doctors (even if he really is injured) I can understand how they would state 'not injury related'.

I know you're taking AB's word on his injury status. But we don't know either way. I mean you use the word "fact", but is it really? Do you evidence to support this "fact" other than the word of AB or his reps after the fact in attempt to position a favorable narrative?
It is a fact he had an ankle injury going into the game, yes. That is is verifiable.

but him being out right now is not.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

No, taking the Bucs word on the status as of Friday afternoon when he was listed as questionable on their own injury report Unless what you're saying is he made a recovery and is no longer injured 5 days later. Which would also suggest that you're saying they lied on their own injury report when was designated DNP 2 days straight with an ankle injury. Which is it?
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Brown had an outside chance at playing with another team next season with the response from his lawyer... but he just fucked all that up going after Brady.
Dread

Post by Dread »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:01 pm

It is a fact he had an ankle injury going into the game, yes. That is is verifiable.

Right. The injury report designation in question was for yesterday.

I'm not arguing whether AB had/has an ankle injury. I'm saying that since he was absent from practice and hasn't been evaluated by team trainers this week the 'not injury related' designation is justifiable.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:02 pm

No, taking the Bucs word on the status as of Friday afternoon when he was listed as questionable on their own injury report Unless what you're saying is he made a recovery and is no longer injured 5 days later. Which would also suggest that you're saying they lied on their own injury report when was designated DNP 2 days straight with an ankle injury. Which is it?
Don't know why you are trying to die on that hill... unless he is seen by a team Doctor they can't state he is injured. Plain and simple.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:37 am

Dafaq....
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Don't know why you are trying to die on that hill... unless he is seen by a team Doctor they can't state he is injured. Plain and simple.
That answers my question then. I wasn't 100% sure on what would've changed from being DNP Friday to "not injury related" days later.
Dread

Post by Dread »

We all agree AB had/has an ankle injury.

You asked the question how the Bucs could designate his absence from practice on the injury report as 'not injury related'. The answer seems to be pretty obvious that he isn't there. Just like when players miss a practice for something personal, they get the same injury designation (not injury related).

Since AB is still on the 53 man roster the NFL rules stipulate he must be on the injury report if absent from practice, or even limited.

Since he's not there to be evaluated the designation is what it is. The current severity of a potential injury is irrelevant at that point as it relates to the injury report designation.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:07 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:01 pm

I'm not arguing whether AB had/has an ankle injury. I'm saying that since he was absent from practice and hasn't been evaluated by team trainers this week the 'not injury related' designation is justifiable.
This response is more reasonable and logically sound than your "well do we know for a fact" nonsense. Yes, we do know for a fact that there's an ankle injury. I simply didn't not know the reasoning behind labeling his absence non injury related. But between @Digital_Damage's response and yours here, I get it now.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Snake

Post by Snake »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:57 am AB's screen shot of the message with him and Guerrero makes AB look even worse, especially with his history of not paying. AG basically said he would send money back if AB wanted to stop service.

Totally unsurprised that Guerrero communicates like an AI customer service bot.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

With characters surrounding Antonio Brown and Antonio Brown as participants, there is little in here which should support Brown's angle.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:16 pm
3 weeks too late. But better late than never
nybf

Post by nybf »

Also, if anyone wants a piece of that refund AB got, the stupid fuck was dumb enough to tweet out his bank info

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

AB is the toddler that is told the stove is hot (don't do anything to mess up this lawsuit) and then repeatedly gets burned.
Snake

Post by Snake »

nybf wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:23 pm Also, if anyone wants a piece of that refund AB got, the stupid fuck was dumb enough to tweet out his bank info

Hahahah.

Alright, this guy really is a child
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:14 pm
Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:07 pm

This response is more reasonable and logically sound than your "well do we know for a fact" nonsense. Yes, we do know for a fact that there's an ankle injury. I simply didn't not know the reasoning behind labeling his absence non injury related. But between @Digital_Damage's response and yours here, I get it now.
I was referring to the severity of his ankle injury, not whether he had one. I could have been more clear with my phrasing.

The dude was bouncing off trampolines a month ago and I doubt the team forced painkiller shots for him to workout like that. Players take toradol all the time and do so on their own volition. Nobody forced AB to take a painkilling shot (assuming that even happened). He's not a victim of an abusive coaching staff that doesn't respect player health. In fact BA and the Bucs are one of the most lenient in the NFL when it comes to players resting.

Victim mentalities attract other victims for support and that is what we're seeing here.

USC had a good take in that this is mostly a product of AB being AB and BA being BA and those personalities ended up combusting into what we saw play out. So BA has some reasonability in how this played out, but maybe 5%. The rest is AB being AB. He was able to cage his demons for a while, but you can't bottle up crazy forever, and AB is definitely a crazy person. We should've saw this coming in his presser after the Carolina game when he was ranting irrationally. I believe you even commented on it at the time.

Add in him walking away from the team huddle pre-game vs the Jets and it's fair to assume what happened in the 3rd quarter was not an isolated intendent but rather something that had been bubbling up.
Last edited by Dread on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Now that AB has been released, 100% there's at least a couple playoff GMs on the phone with their HC talking about bringing AB in. I'd be more shocked if he's not signed by someone than if he is.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:28 pm Now that AB has been released, 100% there's at least a couple playoff GMs on the phone with their HC talking about bringing AB in. I'd be more shocked if he's not signed by someone than if he is.
Which won't matter since he needs surgery for a broken ankle
Roach On My Pizza

Post by Roach On My Pizza »

Sure. Player reports joint or soft tissue discomfort then the medical staff evaluate via imaging, scans, etc. If the organisation cannot identify, confirm or provide a diagnosis by the first injury report deadline, "not injury related" may be used to denote absence. Practice designations like limited, did not and full are required

Should the player refuse further evaluation and continue to not participate in team activities, "not injury related" may also be used in the final injury report. Game designations like doubtful, questionable and out are required.

As we all know, for competitive advantage and to prevent the possibility of opponents targeting/exploiting the injury, there's often ambiguity and deception with the leagues injury report process. There's also a variable that speaks to the franchise's tolerance. How long can/should a roster spot be occupied by a player that refuses to participate because of injury when no injury can be identified or diagnosed.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:30 pm
ATrain wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:28 pm Now that AB has been released, 100% there's at least a couple playoff GMs on the phone with their HC talking about bringing AB in. I'd be more shocked if he's not signed by someone than if he is.
Which won't matter since he needs surgery for a broken ankle
Supposedly. He was going to tough it out for us during the playoffs, so him doing that for his new team isn't out of the question.
nybf

Post by nybf »