Official Bucs 2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
kaimaru

Re: Official Bucs 2021 NFL Season

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:45 pm
Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:43 pm
The discussion was about fans attending games, not media markets. Sorry if you got confused.
Then you would've used the fans in Paradise, NV and not Las Vegas since the Raiders play in Paradise
Hold on Bootz, part of the strip is in Paradise. UNLV is in Paradise. It is literally boarders Las Vegas. But yes, let's fight semantics here. That's like correcting someone that it is the New Jersey Giants because that's where their stadium is.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

AJPG wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:05 pm
Moozician wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:14 pm
Not much he can do about it if he's asked at every presser. If he's truly undecided, it does no good to say "yeah, he'll be back."
He can simply say "I've already addressed this. Next question"
I don't know if he has. Can he talk to suspended players? I couldn't find an answer. His latest presser he was asked it AGAIN and he responded “Later on this week,” Arians said. “It could go either way right now. It really could.” Arians was then asked when he would have a decision. “Just continuing where those two guys are at, and where the team is at.” That sounds to me that he is going to have a 2020 Fournette "you're with the team or we will release you" convos with them. If they seem to be sorry, and promise not to be knuckleheads again in the future. I think that will be good enough for him.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:58 pm
AJPG wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:05 pm

He can simply say "I've already addressed this. Next question"
I don't know if he has. Can he talk to suspended players? I couldn't find an answer. His latest presser he was asked it AGAIN and he responded “Later on this week,” Arians said. “It could go either way right now. It really could.” Arians was then asked when he would have a decision. “Just continuing where those two guys are at, and where the team is at.” That sounds to me that he is going to have a 2020 Fournette "you're with the team or we will release you" convos with them. If they seem to be sorry, and promise not to be knuckleheads again in the future. I think that will be good enough for him.
I'm talking about him addressing it with the media. He told them 2 weeks ago a decision won't be made until they return from their suspension. So if they ask again, just say it was already addressed.

But no, not BA. He has to make a bone headed comment, dredging up the issue that had already died down and bring it to front page of ESPN.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:11 pm
Tnbandwagoner wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:43 pm
Wait - you mean we're allowed to run the ball?
We are very efficient at running the ball when we do it. Hopefully we do it more often in the playoffs. But when you have Brady with an Oline that protects him as ours has and he has the weapons we have does it make sense to force the run (or pass)?

Brady will get us the team in the right play. He's shown that to be the case his entire career including last season.
I just think that sometimes Leftwich gets away from the run too quickly and completely. The last time the Pats won the SB, they began leaning on the run game about this point in the season, and it made all the difference in the playoffs as they ran all over people. We of course did the same thing last year. It seems to me if we don't do it a lot then our run-blocking suffers. Said blocking definitely did not look too hot last Sunday apart from the one long run Lenny had early in the game. I don't know how much of it is Lenny not always being the quickest into the hole, and how much of it is there not being a hole half the time; but our run game looked pretty bad most of the game last week against a team that gave up over 200 yards rushing just a week earlier to the Pats.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Maybe the Bucs have passed the ball all year long to help set up the run for year-end and postseason. If so, that's some next-level strategy. lol
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:44 pm Maybe the Bucs have passed the ball all year long to help set up the run for year-end and postseason. If so, that's some next-level strategy. lol
Mbd, is that you??
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:44 pm Maybe the Bucs have passed the ball all year long to help set up the run for year-end and postseason. If so, that's some next-level strategy. lol
So, that is what Lovie was doing. He was setting up the league so the next Buccaneers head coach could spring a surprise on them. Wicked.
Dread

Post by Dread »

This comment may be tongue in cheek, but the Bucs know our defense and running game led the way in the postseason last year.

You give any QB good pass protection and a efficient running game they'll be good. Tom Brady is almost unbeatable with those two things working.

NFL defenses scheme based on tendencies and if all our passing in the regular season gets us some softer/lighter boxes in the postseason I trust Brady to get to the best play.

I don't blame Leftwich for much b/c I don't believe he's all that influential on what we see happen, atleast not as much as Brady.

Tom Moore is a Bucs assistant/consultant on offense and was Petyon Manning's OC for years in INDY. I never game him a ton of credit or blame either because of the autonomy Manning had on the offense.

Being Tom Brady's OC is the easiest OC job in football
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:48 pm
Mbd, is that you??
If you want to know one area where we struggle against many teams it's if they guess run there are many TFL's, the Saints do that well against us. But hey if they decide to man up and bust out some runs I'm good with it.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Is A-Train's suspension up with AB's?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Just read that Gio is on injured reserve now.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Boy.
That Covid guy really gets around, huh?

Lmfao
MJW

Post by MJW »

Dread wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:39 pm
This comment may be tongue in cheek, but the Bucs know our defense and running game led the way in the postseason last year.

You give any QB good pass protection and a efficient running game they'll be good. Tom Brady is almost unbeatable with those two things working.

NFL defenses scheme based on tendencies and if all our passing in the regular season gets us some softer/lighter boxes in the postseason I trust Brady to get to the best play.

I don't blame Leftwich for much b/c I don't believe he's all that influential on what we see happen, atleast not as much as Brady.

Tom Moore is a Bucs assistant/consultant on offense and was Petyon Manning's OC for years in INDY. I never game him a ton of credit or blame either because of the autonomy Manning had on the offense.

Being Tom Brady's OC is the easiest OC job in football
Watching us the last month, one thing is clear:

Our Offensive Line almost always dominates their blocking assignments.

Our Pass Rush rush often dominates their blocking assignments.

These two factors working in tandem mean more to our success than anything else going on, including Lord Brady The 12th.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
nybf

Post by nybf »

Not a surprise, but now official

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

AJPG wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:30 pm Is A-Train's suspension up with AB's?
Shuuuuuuuuush.....

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:27 am

Can't be overstated enough. And I think homefield means a lot more this year than last simply because the fans are back. It's made a difference.
I bet Sunday's game was a shock to Tom. Were Superbowl champs in great position even for the next year and giving away many footballs and he gets to hear thousands cheering for us to be beat at home.

Tom? - are you friggin kidding me.
Yeah. I doubt many fans of other teams wanted to travel to Foxboro Stadium and the crap weather they have there. Going to a Buccaneers game is way more appealing.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

So you’re telling me that right as politicians are trying to stoke covid fears (despite low case rates), that suddenly the NFL experiences record numbers? But the “sick” players are asymptomatic?

Convenient… flawed tests?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Sdbucs wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:43 pm So you’re telling me that right as politicians are trying to stoke covid fears (despite low case rates), that suddenly the NFL experiences record numbers? But the “sick” players are asymptomatic?

Only Aaron Rodgers is asymptomatic.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

13F11B wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:10 pm
Sdbucs wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:43 pm So you’re telling me that right as politicians are trying to stoke covid fears (despite low case rates), that suddenly the NFL experiences record numbers? But the “sick” players are asymptomatic?

Only Aaron Rodgers is asymptomatic.
Dr Joe Rogan does amazing work.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Can't believe they got the EPL to buy in to their master plan, too.

You still out by the side of the road waiting for jfkjr to drive by?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

1st & 10 at LAR 31
(11:33 - 3rd) T.Brady pass short right to R.Gronkowski to LA 25 for 6 yards (T.Lewis). TB-R.Gronkowski was injured during the play.

We owe TL a good hit.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:29 am 1st & 10 at LAR 31
(11:33 - 3rd) T.Brady pass short right to R.Gronkowski to LA 25 for 6 yards (T.Lewis). TB-R.Gronkowski was injured during the play.

We owe TL a good hit.
Who’s gonna do it
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Just peaking ahead a bit to 2022. As easy as this schedule was, next years seems to be the exact opposite.

Home

3 vs NFC South
Rams
Seahawks
Bengals
Ravens
Packers
Chiefs*

Road

3 vs NFC South
Cardinals
49ers
Steelers
Browns
Cowboys

*Provided the Chiefs win the AFC West
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:21 am Just peaking ahead a bit to 2022. As easy as this schedule was, next years seems to be the exact opposite.

Home

3 vs NFC South
Rams
Seahawks
Bengals
Ravens
Packers
Chiefs*

Road

3 vs NFC South
Cardinals
49ers
Steelers
Browns
Cowboys

Two of the top 3 divisions in the NFL top to bottom (AFC West being the 3rd) with the NFC West and AFC North rolling onto the schedule, then sprinkle on the Packers, Cowboys, and Chiefs.

That's pretty rough...
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:53 am
King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:21 am Just peaking ahead a bit to 2022. As easy as this schedule was, next years seems to be the exact opposite.

Home

3 vs NFC South
Rams
Seahawks
Bengals
Ravens
Packers
Chiefs*

Road

3 vs NFC South
Cardinals
49ers
Steelers
Browns
Cowboys

Two of the top 3 divisions in the NFL top to bottom (AFC West being the 3rd) with the NFC West and AFC North rolling onto the schedule, then sprinkle on the Packers, Cowboys, and Chiefs.

That's pretty rough...
Looks like a good season to have a planned and scheduled down year. Pull off all the bandaids, restructure as much of that credit card money we spent this year to hit in 2022 instead so we have more money to work with in 2023.

Brady is done after this year so Trask can fulfill his only purpose by being the guy that gets us the #1 pick and a real franchise QB.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Assuming Godwin, Evans, Lenny and Gio are all out the next 3 games (remainder of regular season) the Bucs still have;

AB
Gronk
Brate
Perriman
Miller/TJ

Not ideal, but should be enough to score points.

The real issue is a RB who can be trusted to catch the damn ball and pass block. Rojo and Vaughn are not good in those areas.

Defenses are going to be the soft umbrella coverage and force the RB to be active in the passing game like the Saints and past few opponents have. You have to run teams out of that defense

I am however looking forward to hopefully seeing the Bucs re-dedicate themselves to running the ball with the lack of receivers and Rojo running hard downhill.

I like Rojo as a runner, he just isn't well rounded as a RB. Hopefully he doesn't get Brady killed.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Was it even confirmed that AB was back from the ankle injury? The suspension kind of put the ankle injury on the back burner.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:59 am
I am however looking forward to hopefully seeing the Bucs re-dedicate themselves to running the ball with the lack of receivers and Rojo running hard downhill.
Chances are higher that we keep trying to be the Bucs. We will run the ball more, but we are still a pass first team. That's BA, Leftwich, and Brady's preference.

Tyler Johnson isn't good. He doesn't run good routes, he doesn't block well, he doesn't understand when to look for the ball, he doesn't always run hard...but he's good for 1 or 2 nice catches with enough action.

If AB comes back soon, we can be ok, but without AB, Lenny, Goodwin, and Evans...we are in trouble on offense.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Do we win this game if we don't lose Evans, Godwin, and Lenny? Or was it just futile regardless?
Dread

Post by Dread »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:50 am
Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:59 am
Chances are higher that we keep trying to be the Bucs. We will run the ball more, but we are still a pass first team. That's BA, Leftwich, and Brady's preference.

Tyler Johnson isn't good. He doesn't run good routes, he doesn't block well, he doesn't understand when to look for the ball, he doesn't always run hard...but he's good for 1 or 2 nice catches with enough action.

If AB comes back soon, we can be ok, but without AB, Lenny, Goodwin, and Evans...we are in trouble on offense.
I hope you're wrong. We need to get back to playing smart and physical on offense instead the finesse pass the ball all over the place offense we've become. That shit rarely works in the playoffs and not who we were last season.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:29 am
uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:50 am

I hope you're wrong. We need to get back to playing smart and physical on offense instead the finesse pass the ball all over the place offense we've become. That shit rarely works in the playoffs and not who we were last season.
There's been too many games this year where we all bitch in the game thread that we've only run the ball "x" amount of times in the first half. There were games last year when that happened as well. We are a pass first team and outside of the Saints and Chiefs playoff games we are almost always close to or over 40 pass attempts.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:35 am
Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:29 am
There's been too many games this year where we all bitch in the game thread that we've only run the ball "x" amount of times in the first half. There were games last year when that happened as well. We are a pass first team and outside of the Saints and Chiefs playoff games we are almost always close to or over 40 pass attempts.
We changed our identity. Got more physical when the playoffs rolled around. Honestly it started late in the year. But as many of us have pointed out, this year we seem hell bent on getting Brady his numbers to pad his legacy. He averages 43 pass attempts a game. Thats absurd 4 RBs averaging more than 4.5 ypc.

We need to change our identity again if we want to make a playoff run. Get more physical on both sides of the ball.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:43 am
We changed our identity. Got more physical when the playoffs rolled around. Honestly it started late in the year. But as many of us have pointed out, this year we seem hell bent on getting Brady his numbers to pad his legacy. He averages 43 pass attempts a game. Thats absurd 4 RBs averaging more than 4.5 ypc.

We need to change our identity again if we want to make a playoff run. Get more physical on both sides of the ball.
Insert Pawn Shop Meme: "Best I can do is..."

uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

We threw the ball 40 times vs 29 runs against Washington and 36 passes vs 24 runs against GB. Better than we are seeing right now, but we still were a pass first team in half of our playoff games.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:49 am

We threw the ball 40 times vs 29 runs against Washington and 36 passes vs 24 runs against GB. Better than we are seeing right now, but we still were a pass first team in half of our playoff games.
That's pretty good balance. You can live with that.

Right now we average 43/22 pass/run. That's terrible. What's more is Brady basically averages 2 rushes a game. So really we're talking about 45/20 called passes/runs.

Being a pass 1st team is fine. But we don't present enough of a threat to run for good defenses to respect it.