Brady is retiring. Long live the Buccaneers

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
nybf

Re: Brady is retiring. Long live the Buccaneers

Post by nybf »

Kress wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:12 pm
nybf wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:43 am

Brady finalizes his divorce in the offseason and dedicates himself 24/7 to football. Sleeping in cryogenic chambers and all that weird shit. Starts taking pay cuts just to sign better linemen to protect him. He makes them sleep in cryogenic chambers and shit.

Uses his alimony (since everyone likes to point out how much more she's worth) to fund research for a concussion proof helmet. Gets Marpet a cryogenic chamber and he comes back with the new helmet.
But did he win The Masked Singer?

Wait, don't tell me. That would ruin it.
► Show Spoiler
Kress

Post by Kress »

They're certainly trying to cash in.

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:44 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm If nothing else, this Brady situation is extremely bizarre. I'm still firmly in the belief that he just doesn't want to practice to spend time with family, but how it's unfolding is like nothing I can remember.
What are the chances this turns into a "I'll meet you guys there on Sunday" type of situation.
Only took game 6 for this to happen.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

It wouldn't surprise me if he walks away.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:09 am It wouldn't surprise me if he walks away.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Brady is mentally retired. His body will soon follow.

Ironic that Brady is having the reverse issue that most QBs have where they're still mentally there and have passion to play but their bodies can't hold up anymore.

Brady still has his body playing on mostly all cylinders but he doesn't have the manual dedication to match what his body can still produce.

Mind you Brady still has an overseas game to play this year. Think he's dragging his ass over to Europe to play football when he can't even make practice in Tampa?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

And to think people said it was no big deal that he left for 2 weeks during TC. My how the tide has changed...
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:19 am And to think people said it was no big deal that he left for 2 weeks during TC. My how the tide has changed...
Eh, no one anticipated that it was a two week last-ditch attempt to salvage his marriage. Had there been smoke about the divorce it would have been a lot more obvious that it wasn't just a family vacation.

Also, the fact that he missed two weeks of TC is still not a big deal. The reason behind why he did most certainly is.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:22 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:19 am And to think people said it was no big deal that he left for 2 weeks during TC. My how the tide has changed...
Eh, no one anticipated that it was a two week last-ditch attempt to salvage his marriage. Had there been smoke about the divorce it would have been a lot more obvious that it wasn't just a family vacation.

Also, the fact that he missed two weeks of TC is still not a big deal. The reason behind why he did most certainly is.
Yea, they thought it was to do the mask singer which is better I guess.

It was always a big deal. It represented a shift in the course of Tom Brady's football career. Man notoriously and pretty openly neglected his family for football. He was all business all of the time. No excuses, distractions, none of that. But now there are distractions. There's a lapse in focus and preparedness. And it's showing.

His family life suffered because he was 100% focused on football. Now his football life is suffering because he's not 100% focused on football and is instead allowing distractions to play a role.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Of course it was a big deal. Was a big deal then, and it's only becoming a worse look for Brady.

It sent a clear message to the team that practice is optional. That the Bucs aren't his main priority. Not to mention just the missed snaps with his new look receiving options and patchwork oline

Given all the turnover on the roster and the leadership change, Brady needed to be the rock the team could depend on and he's been anything but that.

He fucked up by coming back and unretiring. He's compounding the mistake by dragging his heels every week and only being present physically.

Just bench him, let him burn his last contract year with us as a third stringer and he can have the free time to deal with all his life shit.

Or hell, just trade him to Miami. That's where he wanted to be so at least he something in return
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

If my son lived in NYC while I lived in FL, and I was up there with the chance to see him (and maybe catch one of his games), I’d miss a day of work too. If it was reported he was nursing an injury and rested Sat to play Sun no one would bat an eye.

He played poorly. Him missing a day isn’t why. Regardless he needs to be accountable to himself and the team. I have no reason to expect he won’t.

The OLine and Defense also need to be held accountable for their dogshit performance.

I have zero issues with him laying into the OLine when and how he did. They deserved it, and it’s not like it’s out of character for him. There are plenty of examples of him losing his cool over the two decades, and he’s largely considered the greatest leader in the history of professional sports.

The waters are choppy right now, but if I’m trusting anyone to right the ship, it’s Tom freaking Brady. To see the amount of people hitting the eject button is almost comical.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Part of what made Tom Brady the greatest leader in pro sports history was his commitment to the game and his team. He missed those games. Missed those opportunities to see his family. If he was injured, he's at team facilities with his TB12 guy rehabbing and still preparing.

I don't understand for the life of me how people STILL don't understand. Brady literally let his family life suffer for football. He was that committed and focused. And y'all actually think it's just some odd coincidence that his priorities have changed and all of a sudden his play is not up to the high standard he's set? Open your eyes. Anyone with a brain should've seen this coming from a mile away.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Nothing is a big deal at this point. We're 3-3 and have 11 more games to play. Let's see how this all shakes out before we go calling him a fraud and damning our season to hell.

R
E
L
A
X
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:40 am Part of what made Tom Brady the greatest leader in pro sports history was his commitment to the game and his team. He missed those games. Missed those opportunities to see his family. If he was injured, he's at team facilities with his TB12 guy rehabbing and still preparing.

I don't understand for the life of me how people STILL don't understand. Brady literally let his family life suffer for football. He was that committed and focused. And y'all actually think it's just some odd coincidence that his priorities have changed and all of a sudden his play is not up to the high standard he's set? Open your eyes. Anyone with a brain should've seen this coming from a mile away.
Everything you’ve said about him making those sacrifices in the past is true, and he got to a point where he realized the impact he had on his kids. No doubt he evaluated a work life balance that he felt would keep him engaged at a high level. Do you really think that he doesn’t know what he needs to do to be prepared for Sundays at this point in his career? You don’t think the most prepared player in the history of the sport evaluated what this season could look like with a revised work schedule?

I’m 12 years into my career, and much more successful than I was earlier in my career, and yet my work life balance has never been better. I’m very good at what I do, but I’m certainly not the Tom Brady of my field. Maturity and experience matters.

Blaming this season on his reworked schedule ignores the fact that his play on the field is mostly suffering due to the pieces around him. It’s not the first time.

Short and rushed throws aren’t from going to a wedding the Friday before a Sunday game. They’re from forcing throws in a hurry bc you don’t have confidence in your protection.

None of this to say that he doesn’t need to check himself, he most certainly needs to. I am just saying I don’t doubt he will, and I think the scrutiny on his personal life and the impact it’s having on the field is WAY overstated… at least from a preparation standpoint.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:55 am Nothing is a big deal at this point. We're 3-3 and have 11 more games to play. Let's see how this all shakes out before we go calling him a fraud and damning our season to hell.

R
E
L
A
X
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Team Loss

We’re still 2-0 in the NFCS and
3-1 In conference.

Definitely seems to be a load management season. Win the worst division in football and see what happens from there.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

This won't help the chicken littles of the world, but 2 out of our 3 losses have come against AFC teams, the least meaningful games as far as tiebreakers go.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Yea it’s not a big deal that we look like shit on the field.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

The Jets are 4-2
The Giants are 5-1

GB is 3-3
Every team in the NFCW has the same/worse record than we do.

Are we to believe all of those teams are what their records are, or should we let the season play out and see what becomes of it?

I thought it was a 17-game season, didn't know we could start assigning playoff seeding week 6??
McFan

Post by McFan »

acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:21 pm The Jets are 4-2
Can you let us enjoy it a week at least?

(muttering to self: "acmillis is not invited to our super bowl party")
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:23 pm Yea it’s not a big deal that we look like shit on the field.
Herein lies the rub.

Yes, we lead the division and yes, the nerds at 538 still give us an 80% chance of making the playoffs. But none of that changes the fact that we still look like dogshit on the field, an easy one-and-done in the playoffs if we make them at all.

We are a .500 team that is losing winnable games. We've lost three of our last four by a combined 14 points. If we executed well, we could have won every single one of those losses, but the fact is that we haven't and so we didn't.

At Carolina in Sunday will be a gutcheck game for sure.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

If we make the playoffs we're going to get fucking trounced by whatever wild card team is lucky enough to draw us.
*tgp*

Post by *tgp* »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:24 pm If we make the playoffs we're going to get fucking trounced by whatever wild card team is lucky enough to draw us.
My guess it will be the Iggles (again). They have totally out kicked their coverage early in the season. They'll come back to earth.

This team is definitely one and done if they win the division. They are just bad all the way around. Ironically, STs haven't been total dogshit as they usually are
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

*tgp* wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:03 pm
The Outsider wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:24 pm If we make the playoffs we're going to get fucking trounced by whatever wild card team is lucky enough to draw us.
My guess it will be the Iggles (again). They have totally out kicked their coverage early in the season. They'll come back to earth.

This team is definitely one and done if they win the division. They are just bad all the way around. Ironically, STs haven't been total dogshit as they usually are
The Eagles are going to win their division, barring injury. It's gonna be the Cowboys or Rams or something god-awful like that.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Not likely. The Eagles have that winning formula: They have an identity and they are committed to it. They aren't trying to be any other version of themselves than the one that's winning football games. I don't see them faltering provided they stay healthy.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Or, and this is really gross, getting whooped at home in the playoffs in a game against the Daniel Jones led Giants. *gag*
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:21 pm Or, and this is really gross, getting whooped at home in the playoffs in a game against the Daniel Jones led Giants. *gag*
That team is the biggest fraud in football. Remember that Falcons team from a few years ago that had all of those come from behind 1 score wins? That's this Giants team only a little worse. Their run game is outstanding. Saquon looks like the guy that was drafted #2 overall. But Daniel Jones is still the worst starting QB in football and Daboll is doing everything he can to hide his many flaws.
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Yeah an 89 yard kickoff return saved by Dean is good ST's play. Gave up a 26 yard punt return as well.
*tgp*

Post by *tgp* »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:20 pm
Not likely. The Eagles have that winning formula: They have an identity and they are committed to it. They aren't trying to be any other version of themselves than the one that's winning football games. I don't see them faltering provided they stay healthy.
Sorry, I just don't believe in Hurts. Their D is stout, no argument but they look like very lucky to 6-0.

We'll all find out soon enough.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:23 pm
The Outsider wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:21 pm Or, and this is really gross, getting whooped at home in the playoffs in a game against the Daniel Jones led Giants. *gag*
That team is the biggest fraud in football. Remember that Falcons team from a few years ago that had all of those come from behind 1 score wins? That's this Giants team only a little worse. Their run game is outstanding. Saquon looks like the guy that was drafted #2 overall. But Daniel Jones is still the worst starting QB in football and Daboll is doing everything he can to hide his many flaws.
I don't disagree with you. But with the way this season is going they could sneak in to a WC spot and end up playing us and obviously we'll lose because we're the 2008 Lions or whichever one it was that went 0-16.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

*tgp* wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:40 pm
Sorry, I just don't believe in Hurts. Their D is stout, no argument but they look like very lucky to 6-0.

Hurts has been like the second best player on their offense behind Devonta Smith. I was never a Hurts fan in college but I have to say that watching him today I see an athletic QB that plays pretty safe football but can make the necessary throws if he has to make a big play. Sometimes the initial consensus on a QB is just wrong and I think this is one of those times.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

*tgp* wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:40 pm

I don't believe in Hurts either. But the Eagles are playing to his strengths and have built a successful system around him and their run game.

It's clear that the players have bought into the program that Cirianni is running and when you have that, it makes you very hard to beat.
*tgp*

Post by *tgp* »

I won't or can't argue with either of you. Cirianni & Hurts have been efficient. Maybe I just hate the Eagles too much to give them any credit?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

*tgp* wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:48 pm I won't or can't argue with either of you. Cirianni & Hurts have been efficient. Maybe I just hate the Eagles too much to give them any credit?
Clearly the case. You should stop trying to sound credible when you have an obvious bias
*tgp*

Post by *tgp* »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:51 pm
Clearly the case. You should stop trying to sound credible when you have an obvious bias
Oh yes, no one on a sports internet forum ever have any bias.

Appreciate the hot tip.

Thank you