***Official 2023 NFL Season Thread***

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Re: ***Official 2023 NFL Season Thread***

Post by Bootz »

Tip drill!
Most hated man in America.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Still can't believe Brady didn't end up on the 49ers for his final season. He would be an assassin with the 49ers weapons.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:31 am
A fine lesson in the art of cherry picking.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:24 pm Still can't believe Brady didn't end up on the 49ers for his final season. He would be an assassin with the 49ers weapons.
He wanted to go to SF. It was his childhood dream ending. But he cracked a 28-3 SB joke at Shanahan and apparently that was it.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Kyle Shanahan’s ego would never be able to handle Tom Brady as his QB. He wants you to know how smart he is.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Deebo Samuel’s play style is gonna lead to a very short career.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

There's the monthly Samuel injury.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

He's fine.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Thats ballgame.
Giants cant score points and they cant stop points from being scored.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

This team went all in on Daniel Jones. They are getting what they deserve.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Brady would waltz to an 8th ring with this 49ers team. Only injuries could stop them.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

acmillis wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:00 am Justin Fields blaming coaching for being a terrible qb is…. Something.
While reporting that, ESPN laid out stats that show he has the most time to throw and his receivers get the most separation in the entire NFL.
I hope the haul they got from CAR was worth keeping him.
The haul might end up worth it. There’s a semi realistic chance they could draft Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr with Carolina looking rough so far.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:53 pm
acmillis wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:20 pm @Bootz Paul just don’t get why you have a thing for Fields where you have to defend him although every piece of evidence available proves he’s a dogshit qb.

He’s actually statistically worse than Mitch Tribisky.
It’s okay to be wrong about something, but it seems you sure have a hardon for Fields
Unlike you I'm actually looking at the facts. You've proven and admitted time and time again that objective data are things you don't really care for. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinions.

And speaking of "hardons" you, @Snake and @BucsNBills sure did have one for me as it pertains to this topic. Yall couldn't wait.
“Don’t look at facts”
You mean like the one I stayed previously showing Fields has the most time to throw in the NFL, and CHI WRs average the most WR separation in the entire league…those facts?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:20 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:53 pm

Unlike you I'm actually looking at the facts. You've proven and admitted time and time again that objective data are things you don't really care for. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinions.

And speaking of "hardons" you, @Snake and @BucsNBills sure did have one for me as it pertains to this topic. Yall couldn't wait.
“Don’t look at facts”
You mean like the one I stayed previously showing Fields has the most time to throw in the NFL, and CHI WRs average the most WR separation in the entire league…those facts?
I mean real facts, not the "alternative facts" you claim to post. Article and tweet giving a complete 180 of what you're claiming.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcspo ... 4/%3famp=1

The sooner you give up this schtick of being the biggest liar on this board the better. Hopefully you don't go back to doing so. I'll go right back to ignoring you and watching you desperately pine for my attention.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:20 am
acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:20 am

“Don’t look at facts”
I mean real facts, not the "alternative facts" you claim to post. Article and tweet giving a complete 180 of what you're claiming.

The sooner you give up this schtick of being the biggest liar on this board the better. Hopefully you don't go back to doing so. I'll go right back to ignoring you and watching you desperately pine for my attention.
That’s a cool tweet. I’m glad you went back an entire year to dig it up…
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:28 am
Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:20 am

Well where is this information you supposedly found showing otherwise? You made a point that was quickly proven as fiction.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Fields has the 5th most time to throw in the NFL this season, not the most.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/pass ... e-to-throw

Holding the ball that long will create a higher % of pressure snaps.

Then you look at Tua, who always has a lightning quick read/delivery...even with good protection.

but back to Fields, regarding his sacks with 4+ seconds...

Even this, doesn't tell the entire story:

I don't know what the routes, plays, how open or covered the WRs are.

It does appear they've told him not to run...and yes, we all see the wide open throws he sees, but doesn't pull the trigger. Is that because they've nerfed part of his game?

Fields was a terrible passer last year and appears worse this year, but there is absolutely merit in the shit show around him is contributing to that.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:35 am Fields has the 5th most time to throw in the NFL this season, not the most.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/pass ... e-to-throw

Holding the ball that long will create a higher % of pressure snaps.

Then you look at Tua, who always has a lightning quick read/delivery...even with good protection.

but back to Fields, regarding his sacks with 4+ seconds...

Even this, doesn't tell the entire story:

I don't know what the routes, plays, how open or covered the WRs are.

It does appear they've told him not to run...and yes, we all see the wide open throws he sees, but doesn't pull the trigger. Is that because they've nerfed part of his game?

Fields was a terrible passer last year and appears worse this year, but there is absolutely merit in the shit show around him is contributing to that.
He is not playing well at all this season. It's been a disaster. I found it odd that he held on to the ball so long on some of those plays Sunday. He's playing with absolutely no confidence or urgency.

But I think the Bears seem to know what they have around him. It boggles my mind why they wouldn't lean into his rushing ability more to help open things up in the pass game. Their receivers are not that good and need all the help they can get.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:29 am
acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:28 am

Well where is this information you supposedly found showing otherwise? You made a point that was quickly proven as fiction.
Here you go, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/insi ... -2023/amp/
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:42 am
Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:29 am

Multiple things here. 1st, you lied about where you got the info. You said ESPN. This article is from CBS.
acmillis wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:00 am Justin Fields blaming coaching for being a terrible qb is…. Something.
While reporting that, ESPN laid out stats that show he has the most time to throw and his receivers get the most separation in the entire NFL.
2nd, you said clear as day "most time to throw". The article YOU post disputes what YOU said..
What makes this even crazier is Fields has time to find players down field. He has the third-longest average time to throw this year at 3.24 seconds.

And the article makes zero mention of WR separation. Furthermore, the article supports the widely accepted and agreed upon position that while Fields is struggling a lot, the Bears are doing him no favors. Give it up, man.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I don't think your post is as "got em" as you may think there bootz...
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:54 am
acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:42 am

Multiple things here. 1st, you lied about where you got the info. You said ESPN. This article is from CBS.
2nd, you said clear as day "most time to throw". The article YOU post disputes what YOU said..
What makes this even crazier is Fields has time to find players down field. He has the third-longest average time to throw this year at 3.24 seconds.

And the article makes zero mention of WR separation. Furthermore, the article supports the widely accepted and agreed upon position that while Fields is struggling a lot, the Bears are doing him no favors. Give it up, man.
Just to be sure I understand, though, you think Fiekds is a good qb, right?

How about Daniel Jones?
How about Mitch Trubisky?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:06 am I don't think your post is as "got em" as you may think there bootz...
No need to try and get him. He got himself with his misinformation and fabrication. It'll only be a "got em" if he tries to change the subject, at which point him deflecting would be made clear as well.

Edit: Case in point. I should really scroll all the way down before posting. As you see, Doc, he didn't address his lies. He changed the narrative. No reason to do so unless you got GOT.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well Good morning!!!

It’s beautiful day outside!!!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Time to throw statistics are always a little wonky to me. A really mobile quarterback like Fields is going to create time. He may be creating time because of pockets collapsing prematurely, receivers unable to get open. The eye test is important I think.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The annual Harbaugh rumor mill

Here we go! :roll:

It’s just a rumor for now
According to Matt Marchese of Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Harbaugh has discussed moving to Los Angeles with someone in his "very inner circle." The head coach is reportedly having "heavy discussions" with the Chargers.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Phantom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:58 pm The annual Harbaugh rumor mill

According to Matt Marchese of Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Harbaugh has discussed moving to Los Angeles with someone in his "very inner circle." The head coach is reportedly having "heavy discussions" with the Chargers.
FYI -- this one has some legs.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:58 pm The annual Harbaugh rumor mill

In September? While they currently have a HC and Harbaugh is under contract with a college team? Tampering at its finest.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Snake wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:46 am Time to throw statistics are always a little wonky to me. A really mobile quarterback like Fields is going to create time. He may be creating time because of pockets collapsing prematurely, receivers unable to get open. The eye test is important I think.
Coverage sacks? How many of those sacks came with a receiver having 2-3 feet of seperation at the least. How many of those are actually on him holding the ball and processing too slowly.
Snake

Post by Snake »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:19 pm
Snake wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:46 am Time to throw statistics are always a little wonky to me. A really mobile quarterback like Fields is going to create time. He may be creating time because of pockets collapsing prematurely, receivers unable to get open. The eye test is important I think.
Coverage sacks? How many of those sacks came with a receiver having 2-3 feet of seperation at the least. How many of those are actually on him holding the ball and processing too slowly.
Put on the tape. Only way to know!
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Looks like Shanahan and Lynch aren't going anywhere:

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Its great to see that not everything lives or dies by the QB
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

BucsNBills wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:39 pm Looks like Shanahan and Lynch aren't going anywhere:

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Damn the Saints….

NFC South teams are for real this year… compare to last year
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

70 Burger!!!!
lol