Gio Bernard re-signed

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Gio Bernard re-signed

Post by Buc2 »

Defense5599 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:01 am
Terry Tate wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:00 am He was in there so infrequently I genuinely don't remember much about his play. I don't remember him blowing any blocks, maybe that's why they kept him. If we draft a rook, they still want a guy they can trust to not get Brady murdered on passing downs should Lenny get dinged. A guy who knows to get to the sticks on 3rd, get out of bounds in the 2 minute, that sort of thing.
And Gio can do just that. He's seen limited action because there are so many weapons on this team and only one ball.... not to mention Arians runs a pass happy offense.
Arians isn't running shit anymore.
Don't tread on me
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:18 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:01 am

And Gio can do just that. He's seen limited action because there are so many weapons on this team and only one ball.... not to mention Arians runs a pass happy offense.
It's still his offense although I'll bet Leftwich is going to be more lenient in letting TB12 do what he wants.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:50 pm
Buc2 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:18 pm

It's still his offense although I'll bet Leftwich is going to be more lenient in letting TB12 do what he wants.
We'll see. I think there will definitely be more corroboration between them. I just hope it works out.
Don't tread on me
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I think some people are trying too hard to look into things. I don't thing the Gio signing means anything on Vaughn or anything.

For starters we know this staff loves competition. You win your job on the field. If Vaughn can't beat Gio out in practice, well then that's that. If Gio gets beat out by Vaughn and some other no name, he'll be a roster cut. No big deal.

Second, injuries happen all the time. Especially in the preseason. Always good to have depth you are comfortable with, instead of all upside moon shot newbies still trying to get over their learning curves.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:27 pm I think some people are trying too hard to look into things. I don't thing the Gio signing means anything on Vaughn or anything.

For starters we know this staff loves competition. You win your job on the field. If Vaughn can't beat Gio out in practice, well then that's that. If Gio gets beat out by Vaughn and some other no name, he'll be a roster cut. No big deal.

Second, injuries happen all the time. Especially in the preseason. Always good to have depth you are comfortable with, instead of all upside moon shot newbies still trying to get over their learning curves.
I think the Gio signing means the same thing it did last year - Gio is going to be the 3rd Down/COP back when he's healthy. I don't think it bears at all on Fournette starting and someone else being the #2 (be it Vaughn or someone else.)

To draw a picture of the "two scenarios:"

A)

Starter: Fournette
Backup: Vaughn
3rd Down: Gio
4th Guy: Either a late pick/UDFA rookie or a vet minimum type

B)

Starter: Fournette
Backup: Established Veteran or Mid-Round Rookie
3rd Down: Gio
4th Guy: Vaughn, or an UDFA/vet minimum back OBP likes more than Vaughn

In both scenarios, Gio is doing the same things.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Kress

Post by Kress »

So I randomly fell into a youtube hole tonight.

Umm..... Fast forward to 16:35

_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Kress wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:12 pm So I randomly fell into a youtube hole tonight.

Umm..... Fast forward to 16:35

Dude ran 65 yards to get 40 yards.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

That was great, but this Marion Barber run is probably the greatest run of all time but gets no credit because it only got about 2 net yards.

Man fought off the whole fucking front 7 in the endzone.
Kress

Post by Kress »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:03 pm That was great, but this Marion Barber run is probably the greatest run of all time but gets no credit because it only got about 2 net yards.

Man fought off the whole fucking front 7 in the endzone.

Liar. I counted 6. #7 snapped his own ankles and fell down.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Did none of Alstott’s runs make the cut???

Only watched the top 20 or so after checking out the Gio one. Mike definitely had a few runs that belonged.

It was cool seeing Blount’s run against GB get some love
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Alstott made the cut

Still love watching that Earl Campbell run against the Rams
MJW

Post by MJW »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:42 pm Alstott made the cut

Haven't watched the video yet, but I'd be shocked if that run against the Browns isn't in there. I'd include that huge playoff TD against the Skins also.
Let's roll another joint
Kress

Post by Kress »

MJW wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:46 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:42 pm Alstott made the cut

Haven't watched the video yet, but I'd be shocked if that run against the Browns isn't in there. I'd include that huge playoff TD against the Skins also.

When you do watch, you will be shocked...... SHOCKED, I tell you, to learn that Bo Jackson was a beast of a man. And a fast man. And an elusive one.

We should have drafted that guy.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Kress wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:45 pm
MJW wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:46 pm

When you do watch, you will be shocked...... SHOCKED, I tell you, to learn that Bo Jackson was a beast of a man. And a fast man. And an elusive one.

We should have drafted that guy.
There are a few athletes where the English language literally doesn't contain the words to express how gifted they were. Bo is always the first football player I think of in those terms (Deion, Calvin Johnson, and LT are on that list too.)

I will never, ever forgive Culverhouse for how he fucked up that situation beyond repair.
Let's roll another joint