NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BJJ34

Re: NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

Post by BJJ34 »

Pete Carroll should go in Seattle. He’s lost Russ. His team isn’t competitive some weeks and they blow games late.

They are without their first round pick though, but could deal Russ for multiple firsts to say Pittsburgh or the Eagles.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If Carroll & Wilson should go then so should every other QB/Coach combo in the league.

That would seriously be the most overly dramatic prisoner of the moment thing in football history. They've had 10 seasons together, 2 Superbowl trips with 1 win, and this would be the 1st time since they've been together that they’ve had a losing season. It's absolutely stupid to think that after 1 losing season together they need to blow up the operation.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

The Seahwaks have been on decline for some time now though. There's been near linear decline in defensive performance under Carrol. I think they've only won one playoff game since losing to the Pats? And there's been no real sign of improvement.

Also Wilson vocalized leaving the Seahwaks last season and Carrol is 70 years old. It's not about a prisoner of the moment knee jerk reaction, it's about looking at the Seahwaks product since losing to the Pats and coming to the conclusion that Carrol/Russ aren't the answer at QB and Coach. One or both need to go.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:51 am If Carroll & Wilson should go then so should every other QB/Coach combo in the league.

That would seriously be the most overly dramatic prisoner of the moment thing in football history. They've had 10 seasons together, 2 Superbowl trips with 1 win, and this would be the 1st time since they've been together that they’ve had a losing season. It's absolutely stupid to think that after 1 losing season together they need to blow up the operation.
Yeah, but that .500 record in the Super Bowl is just not good enough. I mean Arians is 1.000 as a head coach and 3-1 overall as a coach. Why would you want a guy like Carroll? (saracsm)
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Nano wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:31 pm Bowles would surprise me. Not that I don't think he deserves it, but it kind of feels like he's being groomed to take over once Arians retires.
Bowles is currently on the short list (4) of priority candidates for the Jags. The Raiders are also interested in him. I doubt he is being groomed to be Arians replacement. Arians has said he would have to think long and hard about coming back if Leftwich left for a head coaching gig. He didn't sound nearly as certain retiring if Bowles left. He was 100% certain if both left.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:51 am If Carroll & Wilson should go then so should every other QB/Coach combo in the league.

If losing your star QB's trust in you isn't enough to get you fired admist piss poor effort on both ends. Then I don't know what is.

It's a year by year job, and he's 70.

The NFC West is the most competitive division in football. They realize they can't lose a step.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 pm

If losing your star QB's trust in you isn't enough to get you fired admist piss poor effort on both ends. Then I don't know what is.

The NFC West is the most competitive division in football. They realize they can't lose a step.
You continue to show how out of touch you are with the NFL. It's a year to year league? By that logic head coaches get fired every year they don't make the playoffs.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:41 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 pm

You continue to show how out of touch you are with the NFL. It's a year to year league? By that logic head coaches get fired every year they don't make the playoffs.
Philly fired Doug Pederson two years after he won the SB. It's not a year to year league?

The only person safe on any given year is Bill Belicheck.

Maybe Tomlin as he's never had a losing season... and EVEN THEN... Steeler fans BEG for him to be fired.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:44 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Philly fired Doug Pederson two years after he won the SB. It's not a year to year league?

Maybe Tomlin as he's never had a losing season... and EVEN THEN... Steeler fans BEG for him to be fired.
If it were a year to year league, coaches would be fired whenever they don't make the playoffs. There would be 18 openings every single year.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:46 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:44 pm

If it were a year to year league, coaches would be fired whenever they don't make the playoffs. There would be 18 openings every single year.
Some guys are given years to develop their teams, but owners want results immediately. You see teams go through 3 coaches in 6 years...

The Lions routinely fire their coach, the Browns, the Jags, the Jets, the Raiders, the Texans...all jobs that open up regularly.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:46 pm

Some guys are given years to develop their teams, but owners want results immediately. You see teams go through 3 coaches in 6 years...

The Lions routinely fire their coach, the Browns, the Jags, the Jets, the Raiders, the Texans...all jobs that open up regularly.
It seems your purposely vague definition of "year to year" doesn't really mean "year to year". Tell me you don't understand the league without telling me you don't understand the league.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:50 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:48 pm

It seems your purposely vague definition of "year to year" doesn't really mean "year to year". Tell me you don't understand the league without telling me you don't understand the league.
Semantics, Bootz. You latch on to one principle in an argument and never let go of it.

The NFL as we speak is a year to year league where coaches are potentially given more years to see their plan out. Sometimes it takes 2-3 years for a team to gel, not everyone is us. Winning on the first try.

That being said, if McVay doesn't win this year; he could be on the hotseat.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:52 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:50 pm

Semantics, Bootz. You latch on to one principle in an argument and never let go of it.

The NFL as we speak is a year to year league where coaches are potentially given more years to see their plan out. Sometimes it takes 2-3 years for a team to gel, not everyone is us. Winning on the first try.

It's not semantics kiddo. Learn the definition.

You say year to year but you don't mean it. That means you're talking out of your ass. There would be way more turnover than you're fabricating if this were a "year to year" league as you stated. Hell, by your logic the Seahawks would've gotten rid of Carroll 4 years ago. Payton would've been gone a decade ago. Andy Reid would've never lasted 7 years in KC before getting the opportunity to win it all. Now Sean McVay is on the hot seat? It's year to year so by your logic he's getting his pink slip if he doesn't win it all. It's been 4 years.

If you didn't really mean "year to year" what did you mean then, kiddo?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

I'm off my game this year Bootz, and appreciate your starting this ..

I think Rhule is more than simmerin'

We almost need another thread on who deserves a coaching job, but they circle. Why Eric Bieniemy doesn't have a HC job is beyond me.

Khan is going for a name with Super Bowl ties. Not sure what that means ... yet
McFan

Post by McFan »

Denver Broncos will fire their coach I'm betting. They're underachieving and Elway takes the blame for nothing. Judge is staying with the Giants because the Mara's like him. Todd Bowles was a disaster with the JETS but then again, that's not really fair to him since the organization is a consistent hot mess. Leftwich is going to Jacksonville unless Arians retires and Carolina has had it with Matt Rhule as someone here has already commented. Vikings would be smart to dump Zimmer. This is an offense league and fewer D-Coordinators are going to get head coaching jobs.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

My ideal coaching musical chairs outcome would be for both Leftwich and Bowles to get HC gigs so we can get the diversity comp picks which this roster will desperately need.

I h then ope Vic Fangio gets fired and we hire him as DC with either McDaniels or maybe a Kellen Moore/Hackett as our next HC.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Sounds like some uncertainty in Chicago. Nagy says he "assumes" he'll coach the Bears final 2 games.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I don't buy that Arians future is linked to Brady. Otherwise why in the hell would he and Licht take a QB in the 2nd round?
Kress

Post by Kress »

As of today, the coordinator interview window is officially open.

How does everyone feel about the thought of Bowles and Leftwich prepping for and doing interviews during their playoff game planning downtime?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:01 am As of today, the coordinator interview window is officially open.

How does everyone feel about the thought of Bowles and Leftwich prepping for and doing interviews during their playoff game planning downtime?
They have every right to look out for their futures in regards to getting better jobs. I love the new rules. I feel like so many coaches have been penalized over the years for their teams being too good and going deep into the playoffs. Let them get those opportunities that helps them and their families.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

"I'm gonna step out and follow my idiot son, cause, well, he's an idiot. I don't think anyone will care."

Signed M. Kiffen.
Push the damned button already!
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:01 am As of today, the coordinator interview window is officially open.

I will always support a coach advancing their career, and I trust that a professional will still fulfill his team obligations while pursuing that next level job.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

ATrain wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:02 am My ideal coaching musical chairs outcome would be for both Leftwich and Bowles to get HC gigs so we can get the diversity comp picks which this roster will desperately need.

I h then ope Vic Fangio gets fired and we hire him as DC with either McDaniels or maybe a Kellen Moore/Hackett as our next HC.
So you are hoping for comp picks so we have to completely hire a new HC and him hire a new staff. Makes sense since Brady can here to play for Arians. I guess next year the Trask experience starts.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:57 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:52 pm

It's not semantics kiddo. Learn the definition.

You say year to year but you don't mean it. That means you're talking out of your ass. There would be way more turnover than you're fabricating if this were a "year to year" league as you stated. Hell, by your logic the Seahawks would've gotten rid of Carroll 4 years ago. Payton would've been gone a decade ago. Andy Reid would've never lasted 7 years in KC before getting the opportunity to win it all. Now Sean McVay is on the hot seat? It's year to year so by your logic he's getting his pink slip if he doesn't win it all. It's been 4 years.

If you didn't really mean "year to year" what did you mean then, kiddo?
I will say this. Last year John Schneider asked Carroll if he was offered a huge offer for Wilson, Carrol said he didn't want to start over with another quarterback. To me that says that Carroll will probably retire when/if Wilson moves on. Until then he will be the coach. However, I think Schneider has had a lot of mediocre drafts recently. He might not be around to make any promises.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:30 am I don't buy that Arians future is linked to Brady. Otherwise why in the hell would he and Licht take a QB in the 2nd round?
His future is far more linked with his coordinators than with Brady.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Brady is signed through 22-23 Hes not going anywhere. He also want to stay in Tampa as long he wants

As for Arians, he’ll get another year here
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:06 pm He also want to stay in Tampa as long he wants
MJW

Post by MJW »

I'm fully assuming that no matter how this year turns out, we're going to be rolling out the same core - including Arians and Brady - next season.

I honestly get no impression from Leftwich that he's ready to be a head coach. That's just my opinion. I don't see him as that guy.

I expect Bowles to take a job elsewhere.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Great news for us.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:17 pm
Phantom wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:06 pm He also want to stay in Tampa as long he wants
In a recent interview with Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Brady made it clear that his experience with the Bucs so far has far exceeded his expectations, and that he plans to stay in Tampa for quite a while. “Whatever I thought I was getting into, it's been so much better,” Brady said.
Sep 4, 2021
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:43 pm

Great news for us.
I'm an advocate for keeping coaches a minimum of 3 years, but this guy has the QB position such a mess. I can't see it working out for them.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:43 pm

Great news for us.
I'm an advocate for keeping coaches a minimum of 3 years, but this guy has the QB position such a mess. I can't see it working out for them.
And they no doubt will have another QB in the mix next season.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:50 pm Jim Harbaugh rumors heating up.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mich ... phins/amp/
Fully expect him to talk to a few teams to get Michigan to give him a raise after they made him take a pay cut.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Phantom wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:50 pm Jim Harbaugh rumors heating up.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mich ... phins/amp/
To be honest if Arians hangs them up I would love to see the Buccaneers get Harbaugh.