Rapid Reactions Week 8

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: Rapid Reactions Week 8

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:32 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:23 pm

That's not on Bowles. That would be on the players not executing
No... it is on Bowles for dialing up something that was not working. This game is all about adjustments... if things start off bad and you don't make adjustments it becomes a shit show.
You're making excuses for professional athletes. Highly paid pro athletes. They got out played. No scheme in the world can account for their pisspoor display.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I'll watch the game tomorrow. But just reading the box score, it's really hard to win a game where the turnover differential is -3, and we were still in it prior to the pick-six in the final two minutes.

Was it THAT bad?
Nano

Post by Nano »

So, on a serious note...what is is with the Saints and beating us, specifically Arians like they do.

I can understand getting outcoached...but it in literally every RS game against him(at least with us), they've made our entire team look like scrubs. Nobody else can do that to us. We've had poor games sure...but nobody knocks us down a peg like the Saints can. It's weird as even Koetter was 3-3 vs the Saints and managed some weird wins. Arians though...not even close.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:37 pm
Buccabeer wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:29 pm

I'm sorry, I cannot go with that. See blitz coming, find one on one, throw to open area before blitz gets to passer. Pretty simple. That's what happened tonight. I'll give you that in other games, but not tonight.
If something doesn't work 22 times, you're a fool for blaming 1 person.

22 blitzes and PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES can't get pressure 1 time? Coddle them all you want, but they didn't do their jobs.
isn’t this usually when you state there are PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES on the other team attempting to win, too? this is on bowles and his inability to make adjustments when the game plan isn’t working.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:40 pm I'll watch the game tomorrow. But just reading the box score, it's really hard to win a game where the turnover differential is -3, and we were still in it prior to the pick-six in the final two minutes.

Was it THAT bad?
I'd say it was and it could've been worse. We played sloppy football. 11 penalties for 99 yards including 4 personal fouls on defense, 3 by Devin White. 152 yards allowed by the run D. And the Saints had 6 redzone trips and came away with "only" 3 TDs. They outplayed us
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Not surprising, Arians attempts at gamesmanship failed.

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buccaneers 11 penalties for 99 yards. I think 5 of the penalties, if not more, resulted in Saints first downs on a 3rd down play. The Saints had 2 penalties for 10 yards. Did the Buccaneers earn some of those penalties, yes. Did they earn all of them, no. The Saints were also the recipient of several no calls that would have made a huge impact on the game. The DPI against Evans at the 5 yard line on the deep pass was the one that stood out the worse to me. The defender grabbed his hand and held him back. Not sure how that was missed.

Still steamed about this game. To make it worse I have to stew on this loss for two weeks.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:49 pm
To be fair they had an interception that was taken away by a bullshit roughing the passer call.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:56 pm
To be fair they had an interception that was taken away by a bullshit roughing the passer call.
To be fair, your interpretation of what is a penalty is subjective.
Nano

Post by Nano »

If our run defense is turning to shit then we are in REALLY bad trouble.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Early word on Winston is ACL with possible damage to MCL as well.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Nano wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:00 pm
40 of the rushing yards were from Jameis which doesn't worry me. But ffs we couldn't tackle Ingram.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Capsaicin wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:11 pm
Nano wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:00 pm
40 of the rushing yards were from Jameis which doesn't worry me. But ffs we couldn't tackle Ingram.
If you take all of Winston's yards away and Siemian's kneel down, it's 113 yards on 27 rushes. Still bad.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

I was done after Gholston getting his helmet ripped off wasn't a penalty but his love tap to Simeon was.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Capsaicin wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:14 pm I was done after Gholston getting his helmet ripped off wasn't a penalty but his love tap to Simeon was.
It should’ve been a penalty for hands to the face on offense, but Gholston’s hit was way beyond the allowable ‘one step’ pop they tend to let go. Offsetting penalties would’ve still negated the interception. Gholston, like Devin White, has got to remain in control of his faculties. IMO, those four boneheaded unsportsmanlike penalties likely cost the Bucs from a double digit victory.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

we should have seen this loss coming, as this team has played very up and down football all season. a bad loss like this was inevitable and the saints were perfectly positioned to exploit the opportunity.

we all know coach bounty gate circles these two games on the schedule and game-plans extremely well against the bucs, plus this week had the added bonus of the saints wanting to win for jameis. they were fired up and we were on autopilot.

the defense, with one or two exceptions, has been suspect all season and has relied on brady magic to bail it out too often. they were exposed tonight by a relatively talentless offense with a third-string qb, and no brady magic to save them.

tonight we definitely looked like a team that is completely convinced its win/loss record is an accurate reflection of how it has played so far this season (spoiler: it’s not). they also looked like a team coasting into their bye.

bottom line: they’ve been playing sloppy, uninspired ball most of the season and hopefully tonight is the wake-up call they need with two weeks to address it. unfortunately, i don’t think BA has the focus to take the full two weeks to wake this team from its slumber. he’ll probably slap them on the backside and congratulate them on 6-2. see ya next week!
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:37 pm
Buccabeer wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:29 pm

I'm sorry, I cannot go with that. See blitz coming, find one on one, throw to open area before blitz gets to passer. Pretty simple. That's what happened tonight. I'll give you that in other games, but not tonight.
If something doesn't work 22 times, you're a fool for blaming 1 person.

22 blitzes and PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES can't get pressure 1 time? Coddle them all you want, but they didn't do their jobs.
Players have to execute better and Bowles has to do a better job at scheming up things and calling plays.

Why blitz 22 times in the first place. We have Cockrell and Desir starting, their receivers suck and they’re starting their third string QB. Just play coverage and make them beat you. Bowles is doing a horrible job with the defense this season.

He’s one of those stubborn smartest guy in the room kind of guys and it’s costing the team.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:58 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:56 pm

To be fair, an official's interpretation of what is a penalty is also subjective. I, unlike an official, cannot affect the outcome of a game.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Max wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:30 pm He’s one of those stubborn smartest guy in the room kind of guys and it’s costing the team.
That is one of the reasons I don't think he will get another chance to be a head coach. Byron will get a shot before Todd in my humble opinion.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:32 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:58 pm

To be fair, an official's interpretation of what is a penalty is also subjective. I, unlike an official, cannot affect the outcome of a game.
They at least have knowledge and understanding of the NFL rules. You do not, as you displayed by your inability to know what a horse collar is or your inability to understand that hitting a QB 2 seconds after he's thrown the ball is a penalty.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

I get the part about players performing better but for sure some of this is on Bowles.

We get it, pressure on a QB is highly valued!! I like Bowles and his aggressiveness but you need to be more than a 1-trick pony.

If blitzing isn't getting it done he needs more tools, for example play coverage and confuse a young and/or inexperienced QB.

BeliCheat is hell on rookies and it's not just blitz, blitz blitz. There are all kinds of tricks you can use to mask coverage and confuse QB's.

To be fair this wasn't a rookie, he has starting experience but he hasn't played much in a long period of time.

Idk, if you see the blitz isn't making it home you need to have confidence you can do other things to slow down a QB/offense.

I haven't seen anything but the broadcast but from my couch it looked like we got as much pressure with 4 as we did sending extra men??

Too early to give up on Bowles but I do think the Saints are a team that can defeat and/or minimize what Bowles likes to do.
Max

Post by Max »

And Devin White doesn’t deserve a second contract the way he is playing.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

We play sloppy undisciplined football. Didn't protect the rock, didn't create our own turnovers and decisively lost that battle.

When you do that on the road in the NFL you are going to lose a lot of games.

No need to jump ship, a lot of people saw this coming......

I mean when was the last time we beat the Saints in the regular season? I think this is 6 straight for them?

Not a shocker we lost this one, sun still going to rise in the morning.....

We move on.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:38 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:32 pm

They at least have knowledge and understanding of the NFL rules. You do not, as you displayed by your inability to know what a horse collar is or your inability to understand that hitting a QB 2 seconds after he's thrown the ball is a penalty.
I hope they know the rules better since that is what they are paid for. I just wish they would show that understanding all the time on a more consistent basis. Are you disputing that they blew several calls in this game and that the slant was decidedly in the Saints' favor? Or are you just being a piss ass?
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

3rd and 5, Saints need a score to go ahead or its looking like game over

Bucs force an incompletion

Suddenly a late flag! Defensive holding! Drive kept alive!

What are the odds of that!

Sack! Fumble? Big play!

Flag!

Intercepted in the end zone! Big momentum play!

Flag!

Overturned!
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:44 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:37 pm Stupid penalties were the story of the game.... Turnovers did not help but I believe they could have been overcome...

Taunting on White was just immaturity in his part and those two roughing calls were bullshit
So was the horse collar tackle. He grabbed Jameis jersey for fucks sake!!

Sometimes the officials just need to get the shit beat outta them right there on the field!!!
Per the rule, grabbing the jersey at the name plate level or above is a horse collar.

Sucks, but it was the correct call.

Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Cant win the SB without being swept by NO
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:51 pm 3rd and 5, Saints need a score to go ahead or its looking like game over

Sack! Fumble? Big play!

Flag!

Flag!

Overturned!
The odds are we played undisciplined football. You can't hit the QB a full 2 seconds after he throws the pass.

That's roughing the passer.

The one prior to that was more questionable.

Edit: I forgot you fell for the Q Anon shit and are a flat earther. Definitely a CT, you should do a deep dive.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:55 pm
Sdbucs wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:51 pm 3rd and 5, Saints need a score to go ahead or its looking like game over

Sack! Fumble? Big play!

Flag!

Flag!

Overturned!
The odds are we played undisciplined football.
And that's on this four eyed fat fuck we have as our coach!!!
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:05 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:55 pm

The odds are we played undisciplined football.
If this is your 6-2, defending champions take, I'd love to hear what you thought of Koetter, Lovie, Schiavone, Raheem, Gruden, and Dungy.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:09 pm

If this is your 6-2, defending champions take, I'd love to hear what you thought of Koetter, Lovie, Schiavone, Raheem, Gruden, and Dungy.
Don't even get me started about Koetter and Lovie. The stuff I will say about them will get me banned from here.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

When did we get Andy Reid as a coach?
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

BucsNBrew831 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:48 pm Will be back, this was just was one of those games. The offense misses AB he makes a huge difference today. Desir got picked on, it might be salty talk but refs are terrible Evans has hands to the face in the end zone which was a no call, and the no call on the first Godwin int, there is no way the penalty discrepancy should have been 11-2. Get healthy over the bye and go on a run week 10.
I'd love to hear someone claim the officiating wasn't corrupt in this game. Two roughing-the-passer calls in two consecutive plays, and they both cancelled out turnovers - those two calls alone were as corrupt as a call can ever be. The Saints were holding us constantly and got called not once for it, but the refs killed more than one of our drives with holding penalties. If they hadn't called the entire game dishonestly, I could stomach the taunting call a little more, but that's probably the mildest case of taunting that has ever been called, and considering how many other one-sided calls there had been prior to that, that call was inexcusable. If the NFL had any integrity at all that entire officiating crew would be fired immediately and turned in to the FBI for investigation for racketeering. But of course nothing will happen.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:45 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:38 pm

I hope they know the rules better since that is what they are paid for. I just wish they would show that understanding all the time on a more consistent basis. Are you disputing that they blew several calls in this game and that the slant was decidedly in the Saints' favor? Or are you just being a piss ass?
Also, there used to be this rule that a player couldn't put his hands to the face of another player - it was usually called on linemen...Oh, wait, that's still a rule, and on the same f'cking play that they called the second bogus roughing penalty in a row on us, prior to Gholston barely touching Siemian, said Gholston had his helmet knocked off by as blatant a hands-to-the-face as has ever happened. If they had simply called that penalty along with the roughing, they would have cancelled out, as opposed to the Saints getting a bogus first down and goal.

I want to hear someone rationalize the no-call on Gholston getting his helmet knocked off and then getting called for roughing.