Tom Brady: Undecided

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Will Tom Brady Retire?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 42

acmillis

Re: Tom Brady: Undecided

Post by acmillis »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:41 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:20 pm Also, it doesn't matter when he retires with regards to the $15M
Yes it does.
That's not what Greg Auman has reported.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:58 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:41 pm

Yes it does.
That's not what Greg Auman has reported.
It looks like there's like 9 different media outlets saying he's wrong including Over the cap, which Auman actually cited at one point, but honestly I'm not completely sure.

https://overthecap.com/the-salary-cap-i ... etirement/
The roster bonus is effectively shielded from retirement forfeiture since you can only forfeit that salary if the breach (in this case the retirement) occurs in the season the roster bonus is earned. That only would be triggered if Brady walked away in 2021. The signing bonus, however, is fair game for a retirement in 2022. That might make some sense as to why the two sides used two very different methods of payment even though the impact was 100% the same.

Per a league source with knowledge of Brady’s contract there is standard forfeiture language in the contract. That means the Bucs would have the right (but not the obligation) to recover up to $16 million in bonus prorations if he does retire. In addition Brady’s signing bonus carried a deferral of $15 million to early February. If Brady retired before that date the Buccaneers would probably no longer be under obligation to pay him that money.
Maybe everyone is using the same "source"?
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:58 pm
At the end of the day, you can ignore the thread, just as some of us do other threads.
My only post in that thread was pointing out that many people prefer to be first as opposed to correct.

Me talking about it here was only to laugh at the clown who started that thread getting mad about people online wrecklessly passing along unconfirmed rumors as truths.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:42 pm I didn't miss the humor in the guy who started Brady's retirement thread wanting to fire writers for doing the same thing.
You are correct. You did not miss that because it did not exist. I never said I wanted the writers fired. I said something a bit different. Like I said you struggle with the English language.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:05 pm
At the end of the day, you can ignore the thread, just as some of us do other threads.
My only post in that thread was pointing out that many people prefer to be first as opposed to correct.

Me talking about it here was only to laugh at the clown who started that thread getting mad about people online wrecklessly passing along unconfirmed rumors as truths.
Well, it's certainly not worth arguing about it further. What's done is done. With that said...

I can't wait to try and be the first to post the news that Brady isn't retiring. :D
Don't tread on me
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:12 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:42 pm I didn't miss the humor in the guy who started Brady's retirement thread wanting to fire writers for doing the same thing.
You are correct. You did not miss that because it did not exist. I never said I wanted the writers fired. I said something a bit different. Like I said you struggle with the English language.
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 am

Kind of agree with this guy. When are these writers going to pay for posting crap stories?

If you don't want them fired, which part do you agree with? How do you suggest these writers "pay"?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Kind of agree with this guy. When are these writers going to pay for posting crap stories?
I know you love arguing with everyone, regardless of what it is, but this is what you said. NYBF, in the most NYBF way possible, pointed out that you are basically doing the same thing...and now there's a back and forth about intent, grasping of language, and other bullshit.

With the context of the tweet and you saying "when are the writers going to pay", it's implied you agree they should be fired.

We all on the same page here?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:05 pm

There is a huge difference between me and a professional journalist. if you don't acknowledge that then you are just looking to pick a fight. Feel free to be a douche bag if you want. Again, you failed to read what I posted as a comment about the tweet someone made. Really, reading and pausing to think would really help you out.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:19 pm

I know you love arguing with everyone, regardless of what it is, but this is what you said. NYBF, in the most NYBF way possible, pointed out that you are basically doing the same thing...and now there's a back and forth about intent, grasping of language, and other bullshit.

With the context of the tweet and you saying "when are the writers going to pay", it's implied you agree they should be fired.

I do not like to argue with everyone. I do not shirk from arguing with asshats though. When I am wrong I usually admit it.

Yeah, I am on the same page. Using a word like 'Kinda' doesn't have the impact I thought it would. I should have been more clear. I agree that writers should have a consequence for putting out crap stories. What the punishment is? I am not sure but it would be nice to have them encouraged to not post crap stories. I would like to see that in sports and other areas.

Yes, if NYBF wanted to clarify the 'Kinda' part of my post he could have asked. Discussion forums. Discussion. Not Assumption so I can argue forums.
nybf

Post by nybf »

MAKE THEM PAY BY having them encouraged to not post crap stories.

🤣🤣
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

We don't know if it was a crap story or not...and probably never will.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:46 pm MAKE THEM PAY BY having them encouraged to not post crap stories.

🤣🤣
Still can't actually quote what I said write because your only purpose is to be a 13-year-old Internet Troll.

I never said, "MAKE THEM PAY".

FUCK OFF @nybf even though I doubt you are good at that either.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Feels a bit like everything that was coming out after the 2019 season when Brady became a free agent. Didn’t like or get along with Belichick, problems with the talent around him, and not being happy with the work of the coordinators.

Will wait until Brady himself announces it. I think if he retires, he’s done. Maybe coach later on.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Four Verticals wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:51 pm We don't know if it was a crap story or not...and probably never will.
True. I guess tom could have told people he was retiring. Then the story got posted and he decided he did not want to. Overall you have a point. I posted a crap take on a potential crap post and had a crappy poster pick a fight with me. Well, crap. Now we need a new shitter or cousin Eddy to come help.

nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:53 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:46 pm MAKE THEM PAY BY having them encouraged to not post crap stories.

🤣🤣
Still can't actually quote what I said write because your only purpose is to be a 13-year-old Internet Troll.

I quoted your post multiple times. Other people have, too. You went from wanting them fired to maybe ask them nicely to only post the truth. The good thing is, with all your backpedalling, you're getting your leg workout in here.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:04 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:53 pm

I quoted your post multiple times. Other people have, too. You went from wanting them fired to maybe ask them nicely to only post the truth. The good thing is, with all your backpedalling, you're getting your leg workout in here.
You interpreted that I wanted them fired. I never said that. PERIOD. Stop making up facts like a drunk Donald Trump Jr.
Last edited by 13F11B on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Donal gonna fire some people!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Rocker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:25 pm Donal gonna fire some people!
Thank you. Typo on my part. At least you pointing it out made me laugh.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:02 pm
Four Verticals wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:51 pm We don't know if it was a crap story or not...and probably never will.
True. I guess tom could have told people he was retiring. Then the story got posted and he decided he did not want to. Overall you have a point. I posted a crap take on a potential crap post and had a crappy poster pick a fight with me. Well, crap. Now we need a new shitter or cousin Eddy to come help.

More likely, he didn't want it leaked on Saturday the day prior to the league championship games and possibly wants to wait until after the Super Bowl. Jeff Darlington is about as clued in on Brady as anyone and I doubt he'd make a mistake in this case.

My guess is that the report is correct and that Brady just isn't ready to formally announce just yet.
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:15 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:04 pm

You interpreted that I wanted them fired. I never said that. PERIOD. Stop making up facts like a drunk Donald Trump Jr.
I think that's the 3rd time you've dragged politics into this. Got nothing else left, huh?
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

🤣🤣
Your problem is with the media companies because this is the model they promote and if you want to do journalism you have to follow it. Clickbait and stir shit up. Truth and fact are irrelevant
I was dumb enough to get a degree in Mass Comm. Trust me they drill ethics into you non-stop in college and then you're supposed to forget all of it to get a job with the corporate media.
nybf

Post by nybf »

wesmon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:01 pm

🤣🤣
Your problem is with the media companies because this is the model they promote and if you want to do journalism you have to follow it. Clickbait and stir shit up. Truth and fact are irrelevant
I was dumb enough to get a degree in Mass Comm. Trust me they drill ethics into you non-stop in college and then you're supposed to forget all of it to get a job with the corporate media.
I understand this. My problem here is with people who have a problem with this but do the same thing.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:55 pm

I think that's the 3rd time you've dragged politics into this. Got nothing else left, huh?
I just like making fun of Donald Trump Jr.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:03 pm
wesmon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:01 pm

I understand this. My problem here is with people who have a problem with this but do the same thing.
You have a problem with people you claim did the same thing. I would argue, once again, that I am NOT A PROFESSIONAL journalist. I do not NEED CLICKS to make a living. I am just a fan who wanted to discuss what APPEARED to be legitimate posts about an event affecting the franchise I follow. I thought others would want to discuss it.

I have learned that there will always be some asshole like you waiting to make erroneous claims about what people said so that the thread can be derailed. Sadly, I had to admit that while I should just put you on ignore I don't do that.
MRM

Post by MRM »

I didn't wade through all the recent pages of this thread. I hope this already hasn't been said.

I think Brady has seriously been thinking about retiring and might even have told a couple of people he is going to retire. Whoever knew this leaked it to Scheftner. Was this leaked to be part of the biggest story in sports in 2022 or was it leaked because Brady may be entitled to a big bonus if he delays his announcement, collects the bonus, and then retires? Those are questions we need answers to. I do believe Brady's non-comittal is in response to someone breaking that news before he got a chance to let it be known. Many things at play here. Hopefully we'll know something soon.
nybf

Post by nybf »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:19 pm

I am.
Dread

Post by Dread »

MRM wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:57 pm I didn't wade through all the recent pages of this thread. I hope this already hasn't been said.

I think Brady has seriously been thinking about retiring and might even have told a couple of people he is going to retire. Whoever knew this leaked it to Scheftner. Was this leaked to be part of the biggest story in sports in 2022 or was it leaked because Brady may be entitled to a big bonus if he delays his announcement, collects the bonus, and then retires? Those are questions we need answers to. I do believe Brady's non-committal is in response to someone breaking that news before he got a chance to let it be known. Many things at play here. Hopefully we'll know something soon.
The bonus payout narrative is bullshit and has been debunked. That story was the result of someone not understanding what they we reading regarding Brady's contract and how bonuses work.

Who knows for certain why this leaked, but we should all know that IF Brady made the decision to retire this wouldn't be the way in terms of timing or how the announcement is made.

The timing alone makes me believe the report isn't accurate. Unless of course the Brady had already made the decision to retire before the season was even over. Which is possible, but imo not likely.

But Brady would handle this decision in a first class manner and let the team know before any media outlet. The fact he called the team after the retirement story broke indicates no definitive decision has been made.

My guess is Brady wants to have all the details planned out for the a retirement announcement before making it, if that is the decision he ends up making and someone was trying to read the tea leaves and ended up jumping the gun a bit.

We'll see. Brady will make a definitive statement soon enough. Maybe even tonight since his 'Let's Go' podcast with Jim Gray is on tonight.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Dread wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:50 pm
The bonus payout narrative is bullshit and has been debunked. That story was the result of someone not understanding what they we reading regarding Brady's contract and how bonuses work.

Do you have anything outside of Auman's tweet debunking it?

Over the cap and Sporttrac are still standing behind that, but they say it's from "sources familiar with Brady's contract".
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:54 pm
Dread wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:50 pm

Do you have anything outside of Auman's tweet debunking it?

Over the cap and Sporttrac are still standing behind that, but they say it's from "sources familiar with Brady's contract".
Cowherd said the same thing. He has earned it, but it will not be paid out until Feb 4th. Not guaranteed if he leaves before it is paid out.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Does anyone ever stop to think the awful precedent firing a journalist for jumping the gun would set?

Especially since, pre-mature or not, the reality is that he probably did break the truth. We'll know soon enough.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

With that post, I figured out what your problem is. You try to think too often and that really messes you up.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:48 pm Does anyone ever stop to think the awful precedent firing a journalist for jumping the gun would set?

Especially since, pre-mature or not, the reality is that he probably did break the truth. We'll know soon enough.
I would not want a person fired. I would like news organizations to at least bring the journalist in and verify that they had some actual sources before writing about something. Also, if the journalist misquoted or caused damage to a person (monetary or other) they should face some form of discipline. Having been misquoted when I gave a statement to the media on a former Buccaneers player I am fully aware of how the press can manipulate what a person says.

I just realized that NYBF and the media have a great deal in common.
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:00 pm

With that post, I figured out what your problem is. You try to think too often and that really messes you up.
When I ignore you, do you just keep quoting my posts in the hopes that I'll engage? This is the 2nd time you've quoted that post. And I think I've got a couple more posts that you've quoted to reply to multiple times.

Listen, I get it. Boots isn't around to kick your ass up and down the board. You need to get your fix in somewhere. Look elsewhere. I can't be bothered cluttering the board refuting your stupidity.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:36 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:00 pm

When I ignore you, do you just keep quoting my posts in the hopes that I'll engage? This is the 2nd time you've quoted that post. And I think I've got a couple more posts that you've quoted to reply to multiple times.

Listen, I get it. Boots isn't around to kick your ass up and down the board. You need to get your fix in somewhere. Look elsewhere. I can't be bothered cluttering the board refuting your stupidity.
nybf if you got it you wouldn't be such a dumb useless poster and make shit up. If you got it you would just slink away so you don't become the next Johnny Ringo. I will call out your stupidity until you stop being stupid.

Please notice this was a direct response to your post.
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:41 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:36 pm

nybf if you got it you wouldn't be such a dumb useless poster and make shit up. If you got it you would just slink away so you don't become the next Johnny Ringo. I will call out your stupidity until you stop being stupid.

Please notice this was a direct response to your post.
Make shit up. You dumb cunt. Your words were right there. You've spent almost as much time backpedalling as Doctor has fellating our DC. The quotes are there. Everyone can see.

Now run along and start another thread based on a bullshit tweet.