2023 NFL Coaches Hot Seat Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Re: 2023 NFL Coaches Hot Seat Thread

Post by Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:33 pm
Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:57 pm

Seems the only one making this about race is you, per usual. But by all means, keep deflecting.
Okay. Then clear it up. What did you mean by, "Love the double standards. I wonder why?" What double standard are you referring to?
Both are 2nd year HCs. Bowles in his has a chance to improve upon his record from last year while Daboll doesn't. Bowles has a chance for his 2nd division title, Daboll has none. Daboll should be given a pass for his rosters limitations (injuries) while Bowles doesn't for his ($80mil in dead cap) despite exceeding early expectations.

This had to be explained to you? I think you're one of the few that should be smart enough to decipher.
Most hated man in America.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

In defense of Daboll, what he’s doing this year with third string qbs and practice squad lineman and starting WRs that wouldn’t prolly make the Cowboys roster is pretty incredible. That team is fighting every week and competing. They had a few heartbreaking losses that if they had won would put them in playoff contention. They are the definition of a team over-performing. They overperformed last year, too. That’s what a good coach looks like. When you don’t have the talent but still can compete with some of the best teams.

And then there’s us, especially last year. I feel like the talent is there but we have underperformed now three years in a row. Put Daboll as HC of this team and he’s sure as hell scratch out more than 8 wins than the shitty-ass coach we got.

Not sure if anyone saw the NfL pregame last week, but Bill Cowher actually advocated that Daboll should get votes for Coach if the Year.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:43 pm
Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:33 pm

Okay. Then clear it up. What did you mean by, "Love the double standards. I wonder why?" What double standard are you referring to?
Both are 2nd year HCs. Bowles in his has a chance to improve upon his record from last year while Daboll doesn't. Bowles has a chance for his 2nd division title, Daboll has none. Daboll should be given a pass for his rosters limitations (injuries) while Bowles doesn't for his ($80mil in dead cap) despite exceeding early expectations.

This had to be explained to you? I think you're one of the few that should be smart enough to decipher.
Bowles is in his 5th year as a HC with 2 teams. Daboll is in his 2nd year as a HC with 1 team. Bowles has a chance to win a 2nd division title in the worst division in the NFL, barely. Daboll is struggling in a division that also happens to have 2 of the best teams in the NFC. But don't worry. Bowles is going to get his 3rd year here regardless of what happens Sunday, imo. And that's fine. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Finally, I'm pretty sure you're also are smart enough to know exactly why acmillis went there. You have a record of race baiting statements on this and prior boards. So please drop the coy act.
Don't tread on me
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:12 pm

Bowles is in his 5th year as a HC with 2 teams. Daboll is in his 2nd year as a HC with 1 team. Bowles has a chance to win a 2nd division title in the worst division in the NFL, barely. Daboll is struggling in a division that also happens to have 2 of the best teams in the NFC. But don't worry. Bowles is going to get his 3rd year here regardless of what happens Sunday, imo. And that's fine. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Finally, I'm pretty sure you're also are smart enough to know exactly why acmillis went there. You have a record of race baiting statements on this and prior boards. So please drop the coy act.
Racists always manage to make everything about race. That ain't my fault it the 2 of you can see past your own biases
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:23 pm

Racists always manage to make everything about race. That ain't my fault it the 2 of you can see past your own biases
Hey Buc2...pretty sure you ain't white, right?
Snake

Post by Snake »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:29 pm

Not white, but still #TooLightSkinneded
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:29 pm

Brown (Caucasian)
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Jim Harbaugh tidbit :
Jim Harbaugh becoming the next Raiders HC is “very much” in play, as it appears to be a “mutual” interest between both sides.

Via Las Vegas Review-Journal reporter Vinny Bonsignore.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

JJ to Raiders?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

JJ to Adams. He finally has a legit wide receiver. lol

We’ll see
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

:roll: :roll: Didn't we do this 12 years ago with Andrew Luck? Fans just can't let fantasies go.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I promise you neither Licht or the Glazers give a shit about his time in NY when it comes to keeping him. No one gets offered a job like that.

"Hey, by the way, we believe in what you're bringing to the table just know that we're going to count your record with that dumpster fire from years ago against you when evaluating you on how you're doing in your job here, okay, cool".
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:54 pmJJ to Raiders?
Jim is too smart for that. The JJ part and the Raiders part.

I’d also think Mark Davis might be a little reticent about giving out another 10 year deal to a head coach.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:59 pm

I promise you neither Licht or the Glazers give a shit about his time in NY when it comes to keeping him. No one gets offered a job like that.

"Hey, by the way, we believe in what you're bringing to the table just know that we're going to count your record with that dumpster fire from years ago against you when evaluating you on how you're doing in your job here, okay, cool".
Bowles is going to get his 3rd year here regardless of what happens Sunday, imo. And that's fine. I won't lose any sleep over it.
Don't tread on me
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

On my local morning sports radio show (Miller & Moulton for those in SWFL), Roy Cummings said that if the Bucs lose to CAR, he expects Bowles to be fired.
Cummings also said that even if we win, and then lose to DAL/PHI like we did last year, he would still find it a better chance than not that Bowles gets axed.
...just a insiders perspective.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:33 am On my local morning sports radio show (Miller & Moulton for those in SWFL), Roy Cummings said that if the Bucs lose to CAR, he expects Bowles to be fired.
Cummings also said that even if we win, and then lose to DAL/PHI like we did last year, he would still find it a better chance than not that Bowles gets axed.
As it should be.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:33 am On my local morning sports radio show (Miller & Moulton for those in SWFL), Roy Cummings said that if the Bucs lose to CAR, he expects Bowles to be fired.
Although I think Bowles is not a successful HC and it would be a bad decision to keep him, I take everything sports opinionators say with a grain of salt. These opinionators job is to talk and they often talk garbage to keep readership up.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

No such thing as journalism in sports anymore. Everything is about hot takes and being the 1st to predict a scoop so you can say "see, I told you". And if you're wrong, it's okay because people who paid attention will still pay attention and gloat that you're wrong. It's sad honestly.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:01 am No such thing as journalism in sports anymore. Everything is about hot takes and being the 1st to predict a scoop so you can say "see, I told you". And if you're wrong, it's okay because people who paid attention will still pay attention and gloat that you're wrong. It's sad honestly.
Says the dude who constantly posts Greg Auman tweets....
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:41 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:01 am No such thing as journalism in sports anymore. Everything is about hot takes and being the 1st to predict a scoop so you can say "see, I told you". And if you're wrong, it's okay because people who paid attention will still pay attention and gloat that you're wrong. It's sad honestly.
You disagree with the content?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:52 am
acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:41 am

No such thing as journalism in sports anymore. Everything is about hot takes and being the 1st to predict a scoop so you can say "see, I told you". And if you're wrong, it's okay because people who paid attention will still pay attention and gloat that you're wrong. It's sad honestly.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:04 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:52 am

Now you're dodging the question. Do you disagree with his content or not?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:24 am
acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:04 am

There is a difference between content and journalism, buddy.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:27 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:24 am

There is a difference between content and journalism, buddy.
Checkmate
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Less useful than a weatherman.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Is Cummings still an "insider" or is he more of a fan at this point?
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Auman said something similar this week, that he doesn't think Bowles is safe even with a win. This is the Glazers, after all, who fired two coaches after back-to-back winning seasons. Malcolm would most definitely fire Bowles. Not sure so much about the sons, though.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Man, I really miss Tom McEwen. He was the most accurate sports writer for the Bucs. Not those hack insiders etc
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:39 pm Auman said something similar this week, that he doesn't think Bowles is safe even with a win. This is the Glazers, after all, who fired two coaches after back-to-back winning seasons. Malcolm would most definitely fire Bowles. Not sure so much about the sons, though.
I'm fine with it if they hire either Ben Johnson or Jim Harbaugh.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:39 pm Auman said something similar this week, that he doesn't think Bowles is safe even with a win. This is the Glazers, after all, who fired two coaches after back-to-back winning seasons. Malcolm would most definitely fire Bowles. Not sure so much about the sons, though.
Link?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Like when you thought Winston was a lock to start that one game a few years back and bet someone with the stakes being the loser was banned for life from the board? That kind of hot take?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:53 pm
Like when you thought Winston was a lock to start that one game a few years back and bet someone with the stakes being the loser was banned for life from the board? That kind of hot take?
From 5 1/2 years ago, yes.

I'm also not a journalist.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

I've been listening to Pewter Report and they have been saying that likely he doesn't return if we lose. If we win, then lose the wildcard they think it's 50/50 he stays.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:49 pm
Link?
It was on radio. Scott Reynolds said the same thing. Reynolds actually said he has to win a playoff game or else he's probably fired.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:58 pm
13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:53 pm

From 5 1/2 years ago, yes.

I'm also not a journalist.
True. You still don't have any 'hot takes' either. just a bunch of luke warm bullshit to spread around in the yard.