2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
MJW

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Post by MJW »

Kyler Murray - 301 YPG Per Start in 2022 (Passing/Rushing)
Tyler Huntley - 348 YPG Per Start in 2022 (Passing/Rushing)

I mean...if Kyler Murray was a 2nd Round Pick instead of #1 overall, is anyone tripping over themselves to trade three #1s for him?
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:11 am What if trade scenario
Tampa Bay Buccaneers go big-game hunting

kyler murray trade to the tampa bay buccaneers
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
Buccaneers get: Kyler Murray
Cardinals get: Ali Marpet, Antoine Winfield Jr., 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, future first-round pick
No matter what the Buccaneers tell us pubicly, the retirement of Tom Brady had to catch this team off guard. Said retirement came less than a calendar year after Brady led Tampa back to relevance with a Super Bowl title. In short, these Buccaneers are built to win short-term.

Why not double down on this roster with one of the most-talented young quarterbacks in the NFL? It would be a way to find a happy medium between short-term success and long-term contention. If the Bucs keep this roster together, Murray could lead it to Super Bowl contention. It also doesn’t hurt that he’d be working under former Cardinals offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich in the same role with the Buccaneers.
No way Bucs trade Ali Marpet
So....essentially four first round talents (AWJ, Marpet, and two actual first round picks, and a second rounder) for Murray? HARD PASSS.

Is Murray good? Sure. Is Murray the type of player you give away that type of package for? Absolutely not!
MJW

Post by MJW »

acmillis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:38 am
Phantom wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:11 am What if trade scenario

No way Bucs trade Ali Marpet
So....essentially four first round talents (AWJ, Marpet, and two actual first round picks, and a second rounder) for Murray? HARD PASSS.

Is Murray good? Sure. Is Murray the type of player you give away that type of package for? Absolutely not!
Marpet should retire a Buc, get his name in the ROH, and be a fixture on all those "Greatest Bucs" lists we make. He should line up right between Gruber and Mayberry. Easy Peasy.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Am I missing something? I thought the Kyler Murray talk was just the offseason thing people do around here because we need a QB. But people seem to be stuck on this. Why on earth would Arizona trade him? He's still cheap and he's already proven himself to be a great young QB.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:32 am Am I missing something? I thought the Kyler Murray talk was just the offseason thing people do around here because we need a QB. But people seem to be stuck on this. Why on earth would Arizona trade him? He's still cheap and he's already proven himself to be a great young QB.
Because an OP mentioned the package some talking head referenced as a trade idea.
Swap your fandom. If you’re the Cards, do you really pass on that offer, especially if Murray is possibly turning into a malcontent within the AZ org.
I don’t see AZ getting any higher value offer from anybody ever for Murray.
This is all speculation and just random talking points as is usual for a Bucs offseason, you know this.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:11 am
King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:32 am Am I missing something? I thought the Kyler Murray talk was just the offseason thing people do around here because we need a QB. But people seem to be stuck on this. Why on earth would Arizona trade him? He's still cheap and he's already proven himself to be a great young QB.
Because an OP mentioned the package some talking head referenced as a trade idea.
Swap your fandom. If you’re the Cards, do you really pass on that offer, especially if Murray is possibly turning into a malcontent within the AZ org.
This is all speculation and just random talking points as is usual for a Bucs offseason, you know this.
No. I don't pass on that offer. He was a #1 overall pick and thus far is playing the part very well. Those draft picks don't come with a guarantee. I'm not trading a great young 25 year old QB for picks. No way. And I'm not understanding how he's a malcontent. Where is all of this speculation coming from?
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:20 am
acmillis wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:11 am

No. I don't pass on that offer. He was a #1 overall pick and thus far is playing the part very well. Those draft picks don't come with a guarantee. I'm not trading a great young 25 year old QB for picks. No way. And I'm not understanding how he's a malcontent. Where is all of this speculation coming from?
It's a lot of reading into his social-media scrub. It happened basically the nanosecond he was eligible (under the CBA) for a long-term deal, so it's easy to put 2 and 2 together here. You don't negotiate by swearing your undying love, you negotiate by suggesting you can do something else.

Murray will get his money, and this will be another blip in the storied history of the TBBBBB/Buczone/IABL storyline.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 am
King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:20 am

It's a lot of reading into his social-media scrub. It happened basically the nanosecond he was eligible (under the CBA) for a long-term deal, so it's easy to put 2 and 2 together here. You don't negotiate by swearing your undying love, you negotiate by suggesting you can do something else.

Murray will get his money, and this will be another blip in the storied history of the TBBBBB/Buczone/IABL storyline.
I admittedly had to look up what a social media scrub was. Okay, hearing that this is all based on him deleting his pictures on Instagram makes it clearer. Nothing to see here. He's not going anywhere. Scary to think this is where we are as a society putting people under such a microscope.

We move on.
Dread

Post by Dread »

MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 amMurray will get his money, and this will be another blip in the storied history of the TBBBBB/Buczone/IABL storyline.
You missed LarryLand ;)
Snake

Post by Snake »

Was that tbaybucs? I can’t remember at this point.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Is anyone else reading these articles about Gronk wanting to play with the Bengals next season? What are your thoughts?
Last edited by 13F11B on Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:57 am Was that tbaybucs? I can’t remember at this point.
Yes
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

13F11B wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:00 am Is anyone else reading these articles about Gronk wanting to play with the Bengals next season? What are your thoughts?
Have fun, Gronk! He’s earned the privilege to decide where and when/if he plays again, so good luck
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:00 am Is anyone else reading these articles about Gronk wanting to play with the Bengals next season? What are your thoughts?
I took it to mean he's bringing Joe Burrow to Tampa.
Snake

Post by Snake »

He still believes he can play at a high level and can’t play with Brady so he wants the next best thing.

Go get it Gronk.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:28 am
He still believes he can play at a high level and can’t play with Brady so he wants the next best thing.

Go get it Gronk.
It's a bit out of context that he wants to play with Burrow.

Someone asked him if there was any QB that he would play with outside of Brady and he said Burrow. He didn't specifically announce that he wanted to play with Burrow or that he wasn't retiring or wanted to leave the Bucs.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Go for it. But would they have the need? I think given their Oline woes, they'd be more inclined to use Gronk at age 33 as a blocker with Uzamah playing more of the Y role. They are very solidly built in terms of their skills positions. Gronk I suppose would be good for blocking and the locker room. But he doesn't necessarily fill a big need for them.

Edit: What @uscbucsfan said makes more sense with added context. Yea playing with Burrow would definitely be a great thing.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 am
MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 am

I admittedly had to look up what a social media scrub was. Okay, hearing that this is all based on him deleting his pictures on Instagram makes it clearer. Nothing to see here. He's not going anywhere. Scary to think this is where we are as a society putting people under such a microscope.

We move on.
Savvy agents use that "microscope" to their client's advantage. That was most likely the case here.
Don't tread on me
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:34 am

Go get it Gronk.

Someone asked him if there was any QB that he would play with outside of Brady and he said Burrow. He didn't specifically announce that he wanted to play with Burrow or that he wasn't retiring or wanted to leave the Bucs.
Yeah this. I wouldn't read much into any of it beyond him simply giving some props to Burrow as a player.
MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:26 am Kyler Murray - 301 YPG Per Start in 2022 (Passing/Rushing)

I mean...if Kyler Murray was a 2nd Round Pick instead of #1 overall, is anyone tripping over themselves to trade three #1s for him?
If this was even a remotely sincere point Huntley would be fetching a first rounder tomorrow. But he's not. Because it is not.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:33 pm

Yeah this. I wouldn't read much into any of it beyond him simply giving some props to Burrow as a player.
MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:26 am Kyler Murray - 301 YPG Per Start in 2022 (Passing/Rushing)

If this was even a remotely sincere point Huntley would be fetching a first rounder tomorrow. But he's not. Because it is not.
She knows that. That's why she left out the fact that Huntley provided more turnovers than TDs for the Ravens and they only won 1 of his 5 starts.

No way MJW believes yards is the measuring stick for how good QBs are.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:00 pm

It really depends on if that measuring stick is in the US or metric system.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:17 am
kaimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:11 am WTF Kyler Murray is an elite talent and very young.

Multiple coaches think 1st round picks are overrated. One of them are in the Super Bowl. Surely that can't happen. The fact is that the new young coaches want proven talent. Guess what Kyler is proven talent. Yes some of you think he is overrated. He has an offensive line that makes the Bengals offensive line look like pro-bowlers. Instead of Tryon, I would offer White. He is a shit stain of an ILB.
I'm just a tad shy of calling Murray an "elite talent." He's exciting. He's capable of huge games. But he's equally capable of throwing up huge turds in key spots. Without D-Hop, he was just a guy. He collapsed down the stretch this year. He looked like Ben DiNucci in the playoffs at home. His numbers are high-average for the Goodell era. This despite a coach who runs an offense engineered to get him cheap production.

I don't go beyond two #1s for him. Which won't get it done, but like I said, I don't think he's actually on the market.
Says the man who admits his evaluation of QBs is poor.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Go get it Gronk.

Oh look, Vegas just put the Bucs as +500 to trade for Burrow!
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 pm

I'm just a tad shy of calling Murray an "elite talent." He's exciting. He's capable of huge games. But he's equally capable of throwing up huge turds in key spots. Without D-Hop, he was just a guy. He collapsed down the stretch this year. He looked like Ben DiNucci in the playoffs at home. His numbers are high-average for the Goodell era. This despite a coach who runs an offense engineered to get him cheap production.

I don't go beyond two #1s for him. Which won't get it done, but like I said, I don't think he's actually on the market.
Woman. And I was referring to the draft. It doesn't take an NFL scouting background to see that Murray is not on the same level as the best QBs in the game at this point. He's an exciting player. He's incredibly physically gifted. His legs give him an added dimension. He also looks lost and ineffective for entire games sometimes. He looked like PJ Walker once D-Hop got hurt. He had 4 multiple INT games and 4 multiple fumble games just last season. He was a complete no-show in the playoffs. He had 1 multi-passing TD game over his last six. He also collects rushing yardage at a much lower rate than people realize - he had more than 40 rushing yards 3 times all season. He has a losing record as a starter for his career, and despite an offense designed to create quick passing opportunities and his elite mobility, he gets sacked a ton - about once every 15 dropbacks.

He's a special player. But he's not in the conversation with Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow, and probably not Dak, Herbert, Lamar, etc. either.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:00 pm

She knows that. That's why she left out the fact that Huntley provided more turnovers than TDs for the Ravens and they only won 1 of his 5 starts.

No, I don't. But I do believe people are mistaking how physically unique and exciting Murray is as a player with him being great. You can't produce a set of statistics that indicate greatness at this point. THAT'S my point. Madden has convinced a lot of casuals that QBs like this are better NFL players than they are.

Could Murray turn into all that? Absolutely. But he's not that now, and you're welcome to prove me wrong.
Let's roll another joint
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:12 am

Woman. And I was referring to the draft. It doesn't take an NFL scouting background to see that Murray is not on the same level as the best QBs in the game at this point. He's an exciting player. He's incredibly physically gifted. His legs give him an added dimension. He also looks lost and ineffective for entire games sometimes. He looked like PJ Walker once D-Hop got hurt. He had 4 multiple INT games and 4 multiple fumble games just last season. He was a complete no-show in the playoffs. He had 1 multi-passing TD game over his last six. He also collects rushing yardage at a much lower rate than people realize - he had more than 40 rushing yards 3 times all season. He has a losing record as a starter for his career, and despite an offense designed to create quick passing opportunities and his elite mobility, he gets sacked a ton - about once every 15 dropbacks.

He's a special player. But he's not in the conversation with Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow, and probably not Dak, Herbert, Lamar, etc. either.
Thanks for correcting me on your gender. I agree he is not as good as the other QBs you mentioned. I also think Kingsbury is another failed college coach. The question is how much is it Kyler and how much is it Kliff and staff developing him, and game planning to put him in success by focusing on his strengths. As you stated to Doc, we can't close the book on him just yet.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Sean McVay possibly retirement anytime soon?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/332 ... ize-family
Snake

Post by Snake »

They all say that and almost always play or coach until someone says they can’t anymore.

He could break the mold. I wouldn’t bet on it tho.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I don't get how you can pass judgment on the kid so soon. I agree, he's behind those top 3. Add in Rodgers, Watson, and Stafford. But that's allowed. You don't have to "be the best" to be a champion, particularly in this day in age where I think we're entering a new golden era. Especially for the QB position. Ironic with the GOAT retiring.

It doesn't need to be "top 3 QB or bust". It honestly doesn't even need to be elite QB or bust. We've seen non special QBs win SBs.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The Kansas City Chiefs' OC Eric Bieniemy will be meeting with head coach Andy Reid to discuss their futures with the team — whether they envision them together or apart, sources tell Adam Schefter.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:56 pm

I don't get how you can pass judgment on the kid so soon. I agree, he's behind those top 3. Add in Rodgers, Watson, and Stafford. But that's allowed. You don't have to "be the best" to be a champion, particularly in this day in age where I think we're entering a new golden era. Especially for the QB position. Ironic with the GOAT retiring.

It doesn't need to be "top 3 QB or bust". It honestly doesn't even need to be elite QB or bust. We've seen non special QBs win SBs.
The "right now" should be implied. He has the talent to improve, absolutely. But what he is right now is a very exciting young player with a unique skillset who is not within spitting distance of the best in the game. If you told me I had to win a game, I'm not sure he's in the top 1/3rd of QBs in the league I'd want.
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

See I don't get this line of thinking, so because the distance between him and the #1 guy is so large you don't want him? That makes no sense.

I don't care how much better or worse he is than Mahomes. I only care about how much better he can make the Bucs. And if you told me do I want to go spend our future years with Trask or Kyler, I'm taking the bird in hand every Sunday.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Just saw on espn news, the Steelers plan to have Mason Rudolph to be the starter in 2022 and draft Willis from Liberty University
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

My prediction: Jimmy G to Washington

Bucs to trade for Russell Wilson.

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/.amp/ ... ell-wilson

Aaron Rodgers? Who cares