HE’S BACKKKKKK!!!!!

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Re: HE’S BACKKKKKK!!!!!

Post by Primeminister »

It’s hilarious how many people didn’t get the MJ joke. I saw Bucs fans tweeting about ESPN not knowing White’ number, disrespect towards White etc.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 pm It’s hilarious how many people didn’t get the MJ joke. I saw Bucs fans tweeting about ESPN not knowing White’ number, disrespect towards White etc.
Man, people are fucking dumb. Forget about the MJ reference. Disrespectful to White? It's Tom fucking Brady. He could pick any number he wanted and you a should be honored if he chose to take yours. Bunch of idiots.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Gotta win a ring this year. Got to.

whistlepig777

Post by whistlepig777 »

I love the infinite loop.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

whistlepig777 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Brady has the best marketing team in the league. That original footage is from last year, but it doesn’t stop it from being awesome.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

A fun look back at TB12's first free agency in 2020.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/revi ... with-bucs/

The story has lots of embedded links to other articles that were being written at the time as well.
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Do you guys think the Bucs extend Brady contract beyond 2022? Maybe two years ? Win 8th super bowl ring then call it career?
https://www.joebucsfan.com/2022/03/a-ne ... the-works/
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:04 pm Do you guys think the Bucs extend Brady contract beyond 2022? Maybe two years ? Win 8th super bowl ring then call it career?
Much as I love the guy, I'd have to sit back and ponder that one. He's going to be turning 45 around training camp this fall.

I'd put a pin in that discussion until next offseason, see how the year goes, how he feels, how the team looks.
Kress

Post by Kress »

whistlepig777 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Nice form, but the last throw was way late. He just needs a little seasoning.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:34 pm
Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:04 pm Do you guys think the Bucs extend Brady contract beyond 2022? Maybe two years ? Win 8th super bowl ring then call it career?
Much as I love the guy, I'd have to sit back and ponder that one. He's going to be turning 45 around training camp this fall.

I'd put a pin in that discussion until next offseason, see how the year goes, how he feels, how the team looks.
I believe that's the reason his contract has been untouched. That, and it really doesn't save us much to extend him.

But it allows both sides some freedom. From his perspective, 45 is the original goal he set to play until. Does he really want to stick around even longer than he has to?

From our perspective, you have to look at the future eventually. Regardless of what happens, we'll have a $24mil dead cap hit on out salary cap next offseason from Brady. Any extension on increases his cap figure.

Plus, not sure if anyone is watching but we're already projected to be well over the salary cap next offseason. I'm sure Licht will want to eventually get back to what his usual philosophy is to allow for flexibility in signing players down the line.

Jointly, if we don't win a ring this year what benefit does either side have to run it back yet again?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I guess that can work both ways. If we do win a ring this year, 8th for Brady, does he benefit from going for another? At that point its pushing your luck.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:20 pm I guess that can work both ways. If we do win a ring this year, 8th for Brady, does he benefit from going for another? At that point its pushing your luck.
Imo it depends how he's playing. I think he's realized he doesn't want to retire if he's playing at an MVP level.

If Brady has another 5k yard 40+ TD season I would think it's probable he returns. The Bucs FO has proven they will do what is necessary to push the cap to future years to extend the Brady window.

Plus next offseason the Bucs don't have nearly as many free agents compared the past 2 offseasons.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Brady reminds me of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable when he just starts loading more weight when bench pressing and just can’t find enough.
MJW

Post by MJW »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:40 pm Brady reminds me of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable when he just starts loading more weight when bench pressing and just can’t find enough.
Love the reference.

Yeah, most guys retire when they can't do it anymore. If that was the ONLY parameter for Brady - play until he can't play at a high level anymore - not a doubt in my mind he hits 50. He probably wouldn't still be throwing for 300 yards a game at that point. But he'd still be able to go out and executive and help a good team win games. He'll never end up like Roethlisberger, where retirement was a given based on his play.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

The Bucs are signing everyone (other than Gage) to 3 year contracts. Think about that. Why would they be bringing back all these players on 3 years deals specifically (including Fournette) if they expect it to be one year and he's retiring again. I think he got the information he wanted out of the Glasers. I think the Glasers promised whatever that was would be fixed. They are making a new contract, not restructuring it. In an interview (also on JoeBucsFan), Licht was asked about the contract and whether it would be for a multiple years, which he refused to answer. So it could be another 2 or 3 year contract. I'm not saying it will be.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:06 am Wtf is this? 😂

More details

https://www.audacy.com/937thefan/sports ... t-of-tampa
That rumor has been going on for a few days and a bunch of the Dolphins boards are getting really hyped up about it.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:06 am Wtf is this? 😂

More details

https://www.audacy.com/937thefan/sports ... t-of-tampa
To put it generously, that seems very unlikely.

But it's been a wild offseason, so who knows.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Him ending up anywhere (especially Miami) would reflect so horribly on this organization.

#ItsABucsLife !
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Noles1724 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:58 pm I heard "Brady" watching golf but didn't catch the whole thing.. fantastic news.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not to trade.. just seems to go to be true.

Imagine "if" Brady did want to play at SF (or other).. the bucs are never just going to let him out of his contract.

The bucs should be looking to acquire draft capital given out cap and talent/holes..

SF (no clue what they have for picks.. so this all might be moot) gives the farm to overcome their shot comings of past deep runs.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I've literally heard nothing about that. If Brady was going to move I imagine he would have told the team when he decided he wasn't retiring. Dude has handled everything so professionally that nothing about this rumor seems likely to me.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

The Outsider wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:47 am I've literally heard nothing about that. If Brady was going to move I imagine he would have told the team when he decided he wasn't retiring. Dude has handled everything so professionally that nothing about this rumor seems likely to me.
Colin Cowherd, a bunch of NE reporters, Skip Beyless, and a list of others have said that Brady was not happy with BA, especially him overruling Brady/Leftwhich's game plans last season. They claim that's why Brady retired.

That's why there was so much about Brady going to the 49ers.

But...If we actually agreed to a trade with another team (Miami or anyone) that would be a massive failure by the Bucs. At this point in FA, there's no one viable to replace Brady with and we just spent a bunch of future cap to make a strong push on the back of Brady.

I don't think it sounds legit, but we will continue to hear about it until after the draft.

edit: It's less credible that Godwin and Gage specifically said that Brady convinced them to return/come to Tampa.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:54 am
The Outsider wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:47 am I've literally heard nothing about that. If Brady was going to move I imagine he would have told the team when he decided he wasn't retiring. Dude has handled everything so professionally that nothing about this rumor seems likely to me.
Colin Cowherd, a bunch of NE reporters, Skip Beyless, and a list of others have said that Brady was not happy with BA, especially him overruling Brady/Leftwhich's game plans last season. They claim that's why Brady retired.

That's why there was so much about Brady going to the 49ers.

But...If we actually agreed to a trade with another team (Miami or anyone) that would be a massive failure by the Bucs. At this point in FA, there's no one viable to replace Brady with and we just spent a bunch of future cap to make a strong push on the back of Brady.

I don't think it sounds legit, but we will continue to hear about it until after the draft.

edit: It's less credible that Godwin and Gage specifically said that Brady convinced them to return/come to Tampa.
Yeah, except what they were talking about was BA reviewing the game plan right before the game and making some minor changes to it, which Brady may not have dealt with in NE but when your HC is one of the better offensive minds in the game this strikes me as something that could easily be standard protocol. I also highly doubt that is something that would push Brady over the edge.
Kress

Post by Kress »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:51 pm The Bucs are signing everyone (other than Gage) to 3 year contracts. Think about that. Why would they be bringing back all these players on 3 years deals specifically (including Fournette) if they expect it to be one year and he's retiring again. I think he got the information he wanted out of the Glasers. I think the Glasers promised whatever that was would be fixed. They are making a new contract, not restructuring it. In an interview (also on JoeBucsFan), Licht was asked about the contract and whether it would be for a multiple years, which he refused to answer. So it could be another 2 or 3 year contract. I'm not saying it will be.

Those durations are for cap purposes. Don't read into it.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

The Outsider wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:02 pm

Yeah, except what they were talking about was BA reviewing the game plan right before the game and making some minor changes to it, which Brady may not have dealt with in NE but when your HC is one of the better offensive minds in the game this strikes me as something that could easily be standard protocol. I also highly doubt that is something that would push Brady over the edge.
I do, too.

I was just re-posting what the "reasons" were.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

This should calm everyone's fears:

2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:26 pm This should calm everyone's fears:

Yep, I thought that tweet was bogus haha. Like WTF thing
nybf

Post by nybf »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:54 am Colin Cowherd, a bunch of NE reporters, Skip Beyless, and a list of others have said that Brady was not happy with BA, especially him overruling Brady/Leftwhich's game plans last season. They claim that's why Brady retired.
Oh, in that case, it's confirmed bullshit.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

PetePierson wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:56 pm Dude, I just heard that Tom is un-unretiring to go learn how to play Handball (teehee) from Jake Plummer.

Shit like that, gots to be true.
We still own Plummer's rights, yes?
Push the damned button already!
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

IronDog wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:07 pm
PetePierson wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:56 pm Dude, I just heard that Tom is un-unretiring to go learn how to play Handball (teehee) from Jake Plummer.

Shit like that, gots to be true.
Didn’t they expire?
Snake

Post by Snake »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:12 pm
IronDog wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:07 pm
Didn’t they expire?
They expire when he expires.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I don’t get the media’s obsession with trying to make it look like Brady hates the Bucs and wants out. It’s starting to remind me of NBA media and their obsession of speaking into existence every star leaving their small market team to sign with the Lakers or Knicks.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

The rumor that Brady retired because of BA sourced out of NE and it may have been the same dweeb who keeps going with it. I first saw this on other non Bucs boards. Instead of just either dropping it or stating the information was wrong, the guy has to perpetuate a scenario which makes no sense. Why would Brady be confirmed to be recruiting players to Tampa if his plan was to go elsewhere. Was this a two pronged attack from the Bucs and Brady.

"Hey Tom...tell all these guys you're coming back and we'll sign them and then you can go to Miami and we'll find another QB to work with these guys."

Makes perfect sense to me.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Brady is the ultimate troll.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:23 pm Brady is the ultimate troll.

That’s funny! Thanks for sharing