Name That Buccaneer

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Name That Buccaneer

Post by Buc2 »

MJW wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:50 pm
These Are The Days wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:17 pm Alright I got one. This guy was a hell of a player for being picked 210th. It's too bad his career was set back by injuries but those were a good few years there.
Ha, one of the "Youngry" bunch.

And now Cody Grimm is a coach just like his dad was.

Okay, I got one:

Four Hall Of Famers were drafted in the five picks before I went. I did not join them in Canton.
The "Other" Thomas of the first round in that draft. What a whiff he turned out to be.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

These Are The Days wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:14 pm
PetePierson wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:11 pm

Sabby?
Shit was that too obvious? Should've went with "became a shitty pro wrestler after failing miserably"
That describes too many NFL wash-outs to be a fair clue.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

He acted tough
but it was a con
behind irons bars
he'll soldier on
MJW

Post by MJW »

Here's one:

Rebs fans know me as the guy who took over for Eli.
Bucs fans know me for something entirely different.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

PetePierson wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:51 am Feldy missing the first KO return for a TD bc she was in the bathroom taking a Spurlock.
Exact same thing happened to me.

Made it from the can to the TV just in time to see him cross the goal line.

Missed a Godwin TD last season going out for a smoke before a kickoff. That was a quick drive.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

MJW

Post by MJW »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:23 pm Image
You're just ignorant. You don't understand how punt returning works.

My favorite Tim Brown memory is that I don't remember him in the Superbowl.

Okay, I got one. Much respect to anyone who can solve this one without cheating:

"Jameis wasn't the only quarterback to start games for both the Bucs and Saints in the 21st Century. I did also."
Let's roll another joint
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

MJW wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:32 pm

Okay, I got one. Much respect to anyone who can solve this one without cheating:

"Jameis wasn't the only quarterback to start games for both the Bucs and Saints in the 21st Century. I did also."
My first thought was Grif, but I don’t think he’s even started a preseason game for us.

I guessed right after realizing that, but wasn’t sure and goggled to confirm. I’ll leave it for someone else.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

MJW wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:32 pm

That's Luke McCown, right?
Snake

Post by Snake »

That would be a pretty good pull, if correct. I had no idea he played for the aints.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Oh yeah…. Pete going from six to midnight with that answer!
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

I did not cheat. I actually remembered Pete's old cool hand Luke sig.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Man, I thought he was the answer for like 2.5 games. And after that I just wanted to keep the meme alive.
MJW

Post by MJW »

A Gauntlet:

#1) I was the youngest Buc on the XXXVII team, and I actually played the position that some other guy kept making Pro Bowls at (even though he really didn't play it.)

#2) I was a 7th Rounder from the land of Housh and Ocho, and my coach once copped to being dumb for not playing me more.

#3) I was in hog heaven when the coach I played for in college took over the Buccaneers. But then he got fired after a couple of years and I got traded to the Ravens.

#4) You know the other edge rusher in those Khalil Mack college highlights? It me.

#5) We both played the same hybrid TE/FB role for Pat Fitzgerald, and we were both drafted late by the Bucs within 5 years of each other. Who are we?

#6) A year before the Bucs drafted Vita Vea, I was drafted as the K-Mart version of that guy.

#7) I played linebacker from the Gruden era, through the Raheem Era, and through the Schiano Era. I left before Lovie, though.

#8) The Bucs drafted me in the 5th round. I didn't do anything for them. But I did become one of the greatest receivers ever in the Indoor War.

#9) When I got my big contract extension in February of 2004, we knew it meant a future Hall Of Famer would be leaving a month later. And no, I didn't make good on that big contract extension. I was out of the league a few years later.

#10) Fuck, I'm fat and ugly, but at least ESPN put me in a moving chair so nobody in the crowd is directly in front of my gross face for too long.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

What, you want MORE? I can do that. We're going Level 8 Mario Brothers here.

11) Monte discovered me playing DB in college when he showed up to watch his son (my teammate) play. I ended up getting drafted in the 4th Round. I only have one great career highlight, but it's a cool one.

12) I had sex with a Palm Tree on Hard Knocks, and that was the closest thing to a highlight I managed in my one disgusting, Un-Swaggy season in Tampa. I'd never play again.

13) The Bucs traded a 7th Rounder to land me. I had to leave Gotham, but the Bucs really went to Bat for me, Man.

14) The Eagles traded up 5 spots with us to get the defensive lineman they wanted. We also took a defensive lineman, me. I was better than the Eagles guy.

15) I was an OC for the Bucs. I'd leave after a single season for better things. Now I'm in the Hall Of Fame for two different sports.

16) I played Left Guard off and one for a long time in Tampa, but the coolest thing I did was hit an XP as the emergency kicker.

17) A lot of Bucs fans wanted to draft me in the 1st Round in 1999, because they needed to upgrade the line. I'd play for the team years later and show them they didn't miss much.

18) Speaking of '99, Trent Dilfer started 10 games that year. Shaun King started 5. I started the other one. Coincidentally, I played college ball at the same school as the guy in #17.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

1. Ellis Wyms
2. Cody Grimm?
3. Idk
4. Steven Means
5. Idk
6. Stevie T lol
7. Adam Hayward?
8. Larry Brackins(Cheb already did one for him)
9. Booger
10. Wait....Then 9 isn't Booger, this is. Idk who 9 is then.
11. Idk
12. That Joe Dirt guy?
13. Idk
14. Idk
15. Idk
16. Idk
17. Haynesworth?
18. Was it Hamilton or an I too early?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

PetePierson wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:51 am Feldy missing the first KO return for a TD bc she was in the bathroom taking a Spurlock.
I was delivering a fucking pizza and the dude answers the door and tells me what I missed. I almost threw that pizza on the fucking ground and quit my job.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

MJW wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:25 am A Gauntlet:

#1) I was the youngest Buc on the XXXVII team, and I actually played the position that some other guy kept making Pro Bowls at (even though he really didn't play it.)

#2) I was a 7th Rounder from the land of Housh and Ocho, and my coach once copped to being dumb for not playing me more.

#3) I was in hog heaven when the coach I played for in college took over the Buccaneers. But then he got fired after a couple of years and I got traded to the Ravens.

#4) You know the other edge rusher in those Khalil Mack college highlights? It me.

#5) We both played the same hybrid TE/FB role for Pat Fitzgerald, and we were both drafted late by the Bucs within 5 years of each other. Who are we?

#6) A year before the Bucs drafted Vita Vea, I was drafted as the K-Mart version of that guy.

#7) I played linebacker from the Gruden era, through the Raheem Era, and through the Schiano Era. I left before Lovie, though.

#8) The Bucs drafted me in the 5th round. I didn't do anything for them. But I did become one of the greatest receivers ever in the Indoor War.

#9) When I got my big contract extension in February of 2004, we knew it meant a future Hall Of Famer would be leaving a month later. And no, I didn't make good on that big contract extension. I was out of the league a few years later.

#10) Fuck, I'm fat and ugly, but at least ESPN put me in a moving chair so nobody in the crowd is directly in front of my gross face for too long.
I suck at this, but I know who that "other guy" was in #1. :lol:
Don't tread on me
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Came to the team from the Cardinals back when the Bucs liked to use them as a farm team.

Played one season here, ran hard and made a case for being "the guy" but the powers that be went with Pittman and Earnest Graham instead.

Went elsewhere and made the pro bowl in 2008. You last saw him as Comanche on the Luke Cage show.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

TJ?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

MJW wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:25 am A Gauntlet:

3 is Jeremy Zuttah

And is #9 Jermaine Phillips?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Here are all the correct answers:

1) Darian Barnes was the youngest contributing member of the '02 Buccaneers roster. He was an actual fullback, unlike "Fullback" Mike Alstott.

2) Sammie Stroughter played at Oregon State, as did Ocho and Housh. And Raheem lamented not playing him earlier.

3) Jeremy Zuttah played at Rutgers for Schiano, and was here when Schiano was hired. Lovie traded him to the Ravens even though he was still a damn good center. I kinda suspected he was outed as a Schiano loyalist.

4) Steven Means, 2013 6th rounder, played the other edge with Khalil Mack at U of Buffalo.

5) Drake Dunsmore and Dan Vitale played similar roles with Northwestern, and both were 3rd Day picks of the Buccaneers.

6) Anybody remember Stevie T? Huge Samoan nosetackle from USC, drafted one year before Vea. Not...not as gifted a player.

7) Much respect for Adam Hayward, who played for 3 Buccaneers coaches and was a reliable linebacker and special teams ace for 7 years here.

8) Larry Brackins: Arena Football League Hall of Famer (seriously.)

9) When Ellis Wyms got paid, that was the end for the Sapp era. Sapp blamed Rod Marinelli.

10) Booger! He's the worst.

11) Monte discovered Colorado State Safety John Howell while watching his son play. He'd have a beautiful sack on Vick during the '02 season.

12) Chris Baker was such a piece of shit.

13) Richard Wood! The REAL Batman.

14) The Eagles traded up to draft Mike Mamula. We used their pick to draft Warren Sapp. Don't fall in love with workouts, folks.

15) I didn't even know this, but Joe Gibbs spent a year as John McKay's OC before eventually taking over with the Redskins. He's in the Hall Of Fame for both the NFL and NASCAR.

16) George Yarno was a very good left guard in the early years, and he even kicked an emergency XP once.

17) Matt Stinchcomb, left tackle for the Georgia Bulldogs, was a very popular choice for our first round pick in 1999. We picked Booger. The Raiders picked Stinchcomb. He ended up playing for us towards the end of his career.

18) Eric Zeier started a single game for us on Monday Night Football in 2009, I think against the Lions. There's a reason he only started once.
Let's roll another joint
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

MJW wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:32 pm Here are all the correct answers:

1) Darian Barnes was the youngest contributing member of the '02 Buccaneers roster. He was an actual fullback, unlike "Fullback" Mike Alstott.

2) Sammie Stroughter played at Oregon State, as did Ocho and Housh. And Raheem lamented not playing him earlier.

3) Jeremy Zuttah played at Rutgers for Schiano, and was here when Schiano was hired. Lovie traded him to the Ravens even though he was still a damn good center. I kinda suspected he was outed as a Schiano loyalist.

4) Steven Means, 2013 6th rounder, played the other edge with Khalil Mack at U of Buffalo.

5) Drake Dunsmore and Dan Vitale played similar roles with Northwestern, and both were 3rd Day picks of the Buccaneers.

6) Anybody remember Stevie T? Huge Samoan nosetackle from USC, drafted one year before Vea. Not...not as gifted a player.

7) Much respect for Adam Hayward, who played for 3 Buccaneers coaches and was a reliable linebacker and special teams ace for 7 years here.

9) When Ellis Wyms got paid, that was the end for the Sapp era. Sapp blamed Rod Marinelli.

11) Monte discovered Colorado State Safety John Howell while watching his son play. He'd have a beautiful sack on Vick during the '02 season.

14) The Eagles traded up to draft Mike Mamula. We used their pick to draft Warren Sapp. Don't fall in love with workouts, folks.

15) I didn't even know this, but Joe Gibbs spent a year as John McKay's OC before eventually taking over with the Redskins. He's in the Hall Of Fame for both the NFL and NASCAR.

16) George Yarno was a very good left guard in the early years, and he even kicked an emergency XP once.

17) Matt Stinchcomb, left tackle for the Georgia Bulldogs, was a very popular choice for our first round pick in 1999. We picked Booger. The Raiders picked Stinchcomb. He ended up playing for us towards the end of his career.

18) Eric Zeier started a single game for us on Monday Night Football in 2009, I think against the Lions. There's a reason he only started once.
Wasn't Zeier left-handed or am I thinking of someone else?
Don't tread on me
Kress

Post by Kress »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:24 pm
MJW wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:32 pm Here are all the correct answers:

No, he wasn't. We've had several, though. For shits and giggles I googled.

Chris Simms
Steve Young
Jim Zorn

Crap, not as many as I thought.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Kress wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:32 pm
Buc2 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:24 pm
No, he wasn't. We've had several, though. For shits and giggles I googled.

Chris Simms
Steve Young
Jim Zorn

Crap, not as many as I thought.
Zorn! That's who I was thinking of. I was thinking it started with a Z so when I saw Zeier, I assumed that was it.
Don't tread on me
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

If my hands are so small, how could I shovel so much food?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

MJW

Post by MJW »

I can remember reading after the '99 season that team insiders were worried that Shaun King seemed to be hitting the "buffet circuit" a little too hard now that he was toast of the town. It was one of those times insiders seemed to know what was going on.
Let's roll another joint
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

MJW wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:18 am I can remember reading after the '99 season that team insiders were worried that Shaun King seemed to be hitting the "buffet circuit" a little too hard now that he was toast of the town. It was one of those times insiders seemed to know what was going on.
Looks like Shaun King has graduated to the Vegas buffet circuit.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
nybf

Post by nybf »

The thought of me bending over for the Bucs again makes @Bahamian:bucfan squirm in his seat.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

In this thread too?

Okay I'm going with a one liner on this one:
A luxury linebacker
Kress

Post by Kress »

nybf wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:43 pm The thought of me bending over for the Bucs again makes @Bahamian:bucfan squirm in his seat.

Men. Male football players. Guys with penises.

Did I get it?