Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
bucarican

Re: Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

Post by bucarican »

nybf wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:19 am
What have they given out in the past? I am wondering if it's worth my drive.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Tharpe is a clown. Known Brady hater.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

AJPG wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:57 pm Tharpe is a clown. Known Brady hater.
That whole show is about making a mountain out of a molehill. I wasted 2 minutes of my life watching that rant and someone owes me $10.00.

He should have been fined based on the letter of the law, and I don't agree with him appealing it. But let's stop telling stories about when my uncle slapped me in the head or when Ray Rice punched a women and applying it to what BA did.

Let's please move on to the Rams game.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:09 pm So BA is appealing the fine.

Don't watch the show much, but Shannon Sharpe's resumé speaks for itself. He's 100% right here.
No, he's not. In no way, shape or form does what Arians did warrant a suspension.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:24 pm I have more of a problem with what Knight did (Indy hoops) than this. Lot of pussies end up playing hoops.

This is football, you get hit harder after scoring a TD than that.

Not to mention you could take a baseball bat and swing it as hard as you want and not hurt anyone in today's helmet.

If as a football coach you have to teach with manners you're beat before you even start.

It's a team of alpha dogs, you do what you need to do to 'communicate' with them in the instant.

We move on.
The only thing you were right about in your outburst was that you get hit harder after scoring a TD, but like the rest of your nonsensical rant, it’s irrelevant.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:07 pm

Don't watch the show much, but Shannon Sharpe's resumé speaks for itself. He's 100% right here.
No, he's not. In no way, shape or form does what Arians did warrant a suspension.
Odd take away. I'd take the perspective of a Hall of Famer who spent 15 years in the league over that of an internet warrior. Sharpe said he'd have no problem if he got suspended. Not that he should've been suspended.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Anyone have an update on Andrew Whitworth for the Rams?
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:21 pm

Odd take away. I'd take the perspective of a Hall of Famer who spent 15 years in the league over that of an internet warrior. Sharpe said he'd have no problem if he got suspended. Not that he should've been suspended.
Not odd at all. He stated that a suspension would be fine 'because we need to send a message' and the fact that it's the playoffs shouldn't matter. Don't really care about his credentials as an NFL player. I've got a few as clients, some are smart (and also HoF or pretty close to it) and some are loudmouths who think they know better than everyone because they've been treated special all of their life due to their athletic ability. Sharpe's always struck me as the latter rather than the former.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I think we already knew this would be the route to take. Wirfs isn't playing on a high angle sprain
Hopefully Jensen can.

Last thing we need is 2 Olinemen out against a defense that brings consistent pressure with their front 4.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

In general, Sharpe is a shock jock, like Max Kellerman, Skip Bayless, etc...He has a ton of ridiculous takes that are meant to generate clicks and memes. His NFL career doesn't add credence to these.

That said, I don't think it's outlandish to think that outside of the postseason, BA would have been suspended a game for running on the field and attempting to hit a player. It doesn't matter that it wasn't a hard hit or these players get hit a lot harder. The NFL has done crazier things for the sake of image.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Odd take away. I'd take the perspective of a Hall of Famer who spent 15 years in the league over that of an internet warrior.
Unless of course that perspective is contrary to your own, then you'd be the internet warrior..

Appealing to Sharpe's career resume as player is silly. It doesn't make his perspective any more or less correct. He, like every shock jock or talking head, is wrong often.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Dude... Sharpe is a clown now. He leans in to the absurd to generate media heat, that is his job now. If he actually had integrity, he would call up Adams to ask him what he thinks.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Odd take away. I'd take the perspective of a Hall of Famer who spent 15 years in the league over that of an internet warrior.
Unless of course that perspective is contrary to your own, then you'd be the internet warrior..

Appealing to Sharpe's career resume as player is silly. It doesn't make his perspective any more or less correct. He, like every shock jock or talking head, is wrong often.
Wrong according to who? If the answer is you, tsss. That means less than nothing.

His resumé matters in the context that he's played in the league and hasn't experienced or seen this behavior before. Which either way is a lot more than can be said for you.

Also, the arguing the fine is what's silly. We're talking about what would be the 2nd largest fine for a single incident this season.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I've watched enough Skip v. Shannon to be (embarrassingly) familiar with their modus operandi. Shannon is generally anti-coach, anti-authority. Because that's his disposition. I wouldn't take his opinion as necessarily representative of the average NFL player or overall sentiment from a locker room. Plus, the shock jock thing which has been mentioned.

I'm leaning towards the whole thing looking worse than it should've because Arians was clumsily stumbling to Adams like he was attacking him. Guys getting helmet tapped is fairly common at all levels of football. Maybe if he isn't a out-of-shape dude with a torn achilles, he just walks up, taps the top of his helmet and says GTFO of here?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@Snake 's fabrications not withstanding, there's a clear reason this was not a $1000 or even $10000 fine. This doesn't happen and it should never happen. It's not the end of the world. I actually don't think this would get a suspension in the regular season nor should it. But to pretend that this was a complete non-issue or that it's somehow warranted or justified is ludicrous. As is pretending a 15 year vet would have any less credibility in the matter than keyboard crusaders do.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

There have been several other coach-player incidents in the league over the years. Not even the first one on the Buccaneers. Never, ever have suspensions been on the line. Hell, Arians is only the second coach to be fined for it that I can think of.

Bucs coach Bryan Cox shoving Adam Hayward (own player), KC coach Greg Lewis shoving Ronnie Harrison (opposing player), Raiders coach Jim O'Neil shoulder checking Noah Fant (opposing player). Can't remember the coach or the player, but there was an altercation between a coach and a Cowboys player a few years back (not the Greg Hardy one).

Lewis and Arians are the only ones who were fined. Lewis' fine wasn't disclosed but was informed if he did it again, he'd face stiffer consequences. Lewis' incident was earlier this season. None of the others were fined.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm There have been several other coach-player incidents in the league over the years. Not even the first one on the Buccaneers. Never, ever have suspensions been on the line. Hell, Arians is only the second coach to be fined for it that I can think of.

Bucs coach Bryan Cox shoving Adam Hayward (own player), KC coach Greg Lewis shoving Ronnie Harrison (opposing player), Raiders coach Jim O'Neil shoulder checking Noah Fant (opposing player). Can't remember the coach or the player, but there was an altercation between a coach and a Cowboys player a few years back (not the Greg Hardy one).

Lewis and Arians are the only ones who were fined. Lewis' fine wasn't disclosed but was informed if he did it again, he'd face stiffer consequences. Lewis' incident was earlier this season. None of the others were fined.
I remember the Cox/Hayward incident. Cox shoved Hayward and Hayward shoved him back. All of the others you're referring to involve an opposing coach going after a player on another team and being properly dealt with.

NONE are a head coach coming onto the field and putting hands on one of his own players. Hence the fine.

At this point I'm not even sure what you're trying to dispute here.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

So yeah, how about that game coming up?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Friday is gonna be a big day for Jensen, Rojo, Fournette, SMB.

I'm not expecting Wirfs to be available. Not looking good for Perriman or Grayson either. But if we can get at least Jensen and either Rojo or Fournette back we should be in good shape. SMB has missed so much time and hasn't really been a factor this year to notice a difference.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Y'all need to put a jersey on.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

My favorite was Mike Tomlin tripping that kick returner on the sideline
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:13 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm There have been several other coach-player incidents in the league over the years. Not even the first one on the Buccaneers. Never, ever have suspensions been on the line. Hell, Arians is only the second coach to be fined for it that I can think of.

I remember the Cox/Hayward incident. Cox shoved Hayward and Hayward shoved him back. All of the others you're referring to involve an opposing coach going after a player on another team and being properly dealt with.

NONE are a head coach coming onto the field and putting hands on one of his own players. Hence the fine.

At this point I'm not even sure what you're trying to dispute here.
Head coach or coach doesn't really matter and I'd argue hitting the player on the other team is a more egregious offense. Of all of the ones listed, two got fines. Arians and Lewis. So no, they weren't properly dealt with if this sort of thing should be a fine. As far as my point, I made it in my first post. It's not an offense that warrants a suspension.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Seems like the experts got you twizzled up about a helmet tap so they could pick us to lose.

Well atleast you were occupied.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Indoctro the NFL cuz X's and O's arent fun anymore.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Bruce Arians is in his 70s. When you’re 70+ you get a pass as you don’t know half the shit you’re doing. MF is hobbling around on one leg for goodness sake. He’s an old man!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

real bucs fan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:49 pm Bruce Arians is in his 70s. When you’re 70+ you get a pass as you don’t know half the shit you’re doing. MF is hobbling around on one leg for goodness sake. He’s an old man!
Then he has no fucking business being the head coach of an NFL franchise. If that's the excuse, No business being a HC.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

There's been conversation about the fact that both our Coordinators might be distracted by all the interviews they are doing. It should be worth noting that the success or failure of their side of the ball could very well impact whether they get hired or not. Therefore, I'm banking on them giving it everything they got this weekend and coming up with a winning gameplan, including figuring out how to keep Brady upright if the OL is not full strength.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:57 pm
real bucs fan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:49 pm Bruce Arians is in his 70s. When you’re 70+ you get a pass as you don’t know half the shit you’re doing. MF is hobbling around on one leg for goodness sake. He’s an old man!
Then he has no fucking business being the head coach of an NFL franchise. If that's the excuse, No business being a HC.
Shut up. He slapped him on the head because the old white man couldnt hobble over fast enough to pull him off the field.

End of story - he was injured so insurance should pay the fine.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:40 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:57 pm

Shut up. He slapped him on the head because the old white man couldnt hobble over fast enough to pull him off the field.

End of story - he was injured so insurance should pay the fine.
Gotcha, Mr Aryan brotherhood
Nano

Post by Nano »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:42 pm
This is ridiculous, why are we this insanely injured this year. I get it's late in the year...but it's not normal to have a fourth of your roster on the injury report. The Rams have 6 players on their injury report. We have 14(Will probably be 15 if Forunette gets activated).

The only team that's close to us is the 49ers, but they only have 10 on their report.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Nano wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:16 pm
This is ridiculous, why are we this insanely injured this year. I get it's late in the year...but it's not normal to have a fourth of your roster on the injury report. The Rams have 6 players on their injury report. We have 14(Will probably be 15 if Forunette gets activated).

The only team that's close to us is the 49ers, but they only have 10 on their report.
Relax in Bruce we trust
Backside

Post by Backside »

It really does suck. A mostly healthy Bucs team might just role to a repeat this season.

I guess it’s just paying the piper for the great health we had last year. Getting Vea back for the NFCCG and SB especially.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Pay no attention to Shannon Sharpe. His whole act now is to use volume and his resume to entice casuals to fall for his hot takes. This is the TV equivalent of facebook clickbait and nothing more. If you fall for it, that's on you.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Backside wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:01 am

It really does suck. A mostly healthy Bucs team might just role to a repeat this season.

I guess it’s just paying the piper for the great health we had last year. Getting Vea back for the NFCCG and SB especially.
The defense is healthy, that report is just that a report. JPP never practices, he doesn't need to. Aside from Wirffs I wouldn't be worried.