The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:24 pm Bootz taking the super aggro approach, hoping people won’t see all of the flaws in his opinions, is the IABL content I spent so much time working for.

Never change.
Instead, you're getting me exposing the flaws and holes in arguments like this. Dread and Skywhatever basically did a 180 by acknowledging the pieces New Orleans has on offense right now. Maybe you'll see your own hypocrisy or maybe you'll die on that hill. Who knows.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Sure thing, kid. Keep "exposing" all of the "flaws" when your shit takes are called out.

Nerd.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I haven't changed anything.

Jameis still sucks.

His current group of weapons other than Kamara are below average.

Two things can be true at once.

If a defense takes Kamara and the run game away I don't think Jameis and these receivers can get it done. I don't care who is calling the plays.

Nothing in the first two games refutes that.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:53 pm Sure thing, kid. Keep "exposing" all of the "flaws" when your shit takes are called out.

Nerd.
What's gold to me is you actually in your mind believe your position here is defensible. Very narcissistic of you. Well not just you. That's why so many get so eager to move along when they get called out.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:57 pm I haven't changed anything.

Jameis still sucks.

His current group of weapons other than Kamara are below average.

Two things can be true at once.

If a defense takes Kamara and the run game away I don't think Jameis and these receivers can get it done. I don't care who is calling the plays.

Nothing in the first two games refutes that.
No, you definitely did a 180 when you decided to acknowledge reality instead of a faulty narrative.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:25 pm
If it were any other QB, the narrative would've been "GET THAT MAN SOME HELP". Instead, because it's Winston, the narrative is a 5 TD game is unimpressive and means little but a 2 INT game is the true story.
HeJustNeedsMoreTime

HeJustNeedsSomeHelp
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

vivalaReagan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:01 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:25 pm
If it were any other QB, the narrative would've been "GET THAT MAN SOME HELP". Instead, because it's Winston, the narrative is a 5 TD game is unimpressive and means little but a 2 INT game is the true story.
HeJustNeedsMoreTime

HeJustNeedsSomeHelp
No, this is who you need to address. The hot take came from here 1st.
Dread wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:18 pm Saints receivers are shitty. Jameis isn't missing open receivers. He's just checkdown Charlie these first 2 games.

Carolina loaded up on the run and the Saints couldn't make them pay.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:58 pm
Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:53 pm Sure thing, kid. Keep "exposing" all of the "flaws" when your shit takes are called out.

Nerd.
What's gold to me is you actually in your mind believe your position here is defensible. Very narcissistic of you. Well not just you. That's why so many get so eager to move along when they get called out.
I appreciate that you think my posts are gold.

Yours could use some work, grammatically speaking, but even so I'd give you a solid 1/2 bronze medal. A full bronze upcoming when you have better football takes.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:09 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:58 pm

I appreciate that you think my posts are gold.

Yours could use some work, grammatically speaking, but even so I'd give you a solid 1/2 bronze medal. A full bronze upcoming when you have better football takes.
Meh, Gold doesn't quite mean what you believe it does right here. But again, narcissist always believe they are on the right side of every argument. Thanks for proving me right yet again, kiddo.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:11 pm But again, narcissist always believe they are on the right side of every argument. Thanks for proving me right yet again, kiddo.
This is the epitome of the "I heart irony" jpeg.

I'm sure you won't understand.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:13 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:11 pm But again, narcissist always believe they are on the right side of every argument. Thanks for proving me right yet again, kiddo.
This is the epitome of the "I heart irony" jpeg.

I'm sure you won't understand.
I'm certain you don't know what irony is, especially in the context used here.

Keep proving me right. You're doing great.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:01 pm

HeJustNeedsMoreTime

HeJustNeedsSomeHelp
Dread wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:18 pm Saints receivers are shitty. Jameis isn't missing open receivers. He's just checkdown Charlie these first 2 games.

Carolina loaded up on the run and the Saints couldn't make them pay.
so now your defense is that your dumb takes aren't dumb takes because someone else posted something first?

gotta say that the banned buczone bootsie had balls and would charge headfirst into the fire he created. this version that blames others is lame and sad.

#BringBackBuczoneBootsie
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

vivalaReagan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:18 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 pm

so now your defense is that your dumb takes aren't dumb takes because someone else posted something first?

gotta say that the banned buczone bootsie had balls and would charge headfirst into the fire he created. this version that blames others is lame and sad.

#BringBackBuczoneBootsie
I don't know you. But you're not good at this at all. I've stated my argument. The hypocrisy and bias have been exposed.

Let's not talk about balls and who has them. You've tried several times to back slide out of the discussion here. @Rocker has turned to gifs and word vomit about absolutely nothing to avoid facing the faulty logic presented here. Even Dread, who 1st spoke about the Saints receivers, is yet again flip-flopping his argument here. Maybe you guys should get on the same page 1st and try again. This really isn't working out well for you.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

The fuck are you on about? Every time you stake a claim, it gets exposed, and you think that deflecting and shitting out post after post after post will shield your initial point.

Fact is, you're a quantity poster, not a quality poster. I'm patiently waiting for all the Monday Morning QBs to spout off, and the inevitable slew of "King" Bootz posts paraphrasing their talking points.

Go ahead, move the goalposts again.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:33 pm The fuck are you on about? Every time you stake a claim, it gets exposed, and you think that deflecting and shitting out post after post after post will shield your initial point.

Fact is, you're a quantity poster, not a quality poster. I'm patiently waiting for all the Monday Morning QBs to spout off, and the inevitable slew of "King" Bootz posts paraphrasing their talking points.

The only thing that has been exposed here is your hypocrisy and bias, kiddo. Own up to it. @MJW wisely admitted she was bias and incapable of watching and analyzing Winston objectively. Stop making this personal. Stop cowering and hiding behind strawman arguments, faulty logic, contradictions, and subjective arguments. Rip the bandaid off and admit that you're bias when it comes to grading Winston. You decided to call it "low hanging fruit" when in reality it's a banana on the end of the string. Of course Winston was going to have a turnovers this season, just like Brady has. Just like Wilson and Mahomes and Jackson and Allen and Rodgers and every other QB. The fact that you believe his turnovers are somehow more of an indication of anything than any other QB puts the bias on full display. OWN IT so we can move on. What are you afraid of?
VauntedTampa2

Post by VauntedTampa2 »

BootZ, you're an idiot and digging yourself into a deeper hole. Why hang your hat on Winston? He has been our QB for four years and was a turnover machine.. yes, cool, he didn’t last week. If you expect the saints to rush for 170+ yards a week then yes, Winston will be great. As soon as Winston was asked to win the game (Sean Payton calling plays) he shit his pants. That’s Jameis. No one has called out Jameis for being something that he isn’t. We called him out for who he has been (our QB the last 4 years with a fuck ton of int’s and fumbles) and so we’re doing the same now. Quit being obtuse (weird, not the first time I’ve read someone calling you obtuse) Jameis sucks, Brady is a god… wtf are you trying to prove??? Gimme your straw man, douche canoe
VauntedTampa2

Post by VauntedTampa2 »

Kiddo
VauntedTampa2

Post by VauntedTampa2 »

Your response to me is why no one takes you serious. Good luck.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:24 am
Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:33 pm The fuck are you on about? Every time you stake a claim, it gets exposed, and you think that deflecting and shitting out post after post after post will shield your initial point.

The only thing that has been exposed here is your hypocrisy and bias, kiddo. Own up to it. @MJW wisely admitted she was bias and incapable of watching and analyzing Winston objectively. Stop making this personal. Stop cowering and hiding behind strawman arguments, faulty logic, contradictions, and subjective arguments. Rip the bandaid off and admit that you're bias when it comes to grading Winston. You decided to call it "low hanging fruit" when in reality it's a banana on the end of the string. Of course Winston was going to have a turnovers this season, just like Brady has. Just like Wilson and Mahomes and Jackson and Allen and Rodgers and every other QB. The fact that you believe his turnovers are somehow more of an indication of anything than any other QB puts the bias on full display. OWN IT so we can move on. What are you afraid of?
Bootz reminds me of how the angry clown at the circus is usually the funniest one in the show.

Keep it rolling, dude. You've got this. Winston is a really good quarterback and the rest of us just don't get it because we're not on your level. Preach on.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

MJW wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:08 am

Bootz reminds me of how the angry clown at the circus is usually the funniest one in the show.

Keep it rolling, dude. You've got this. Winston is a really good quarterback and the rest of us just don't get it because we're not on your level. Preach on.
Taysom will be playing more going forward , and if Winston continues to try and be Superman he will be benched sooner than later.
The funny thing is I’m that long int he had a guy open at the sticks .. seen that way too many times here .
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I like to let stats speak for themselves.
11/22 111 YDS 0 TDs 2 INTs 26.89 QB Rating.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:08 am

I suppose I have to be the clown to your monkey. Monkeys love bananas, fresh, rotten, fake. You name it.

As I stated though I admire your openness about being biased and subjective on this topic. What I don't appreciate is you making up your own narrative on what I said. I know honesty and truth are foreign concepts, as I called you out on yesterday, but hey. If lying makes you feel like more of a person, keep making it up baby girl.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:10 am I like to let stats speak for themselves.
11/22 111 YDS 0 TDs 2 INTs 26.89 QB Rating.
If Rocker is listening, this is an example of irony. What you tried to call me out on was more "Pot meet kettle", not irony.

No, This is irony. NOW the guy likes to let the stats speak for themselves, yet last week everything was looked at under a microscope and the performance was somehow not as good as the stats.
Teitan

Post by Teitan »

VauntedTampa2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:42 pm Boots, what is your argument?? That Winston is good?
No. He never actually argues a stance. He argues against whatever you are arguing. Or how you are arguing it. He can have two completely contradicting arguments occurring at the same time. Bootzing.

Look at him cherry pick, saying people are coming to a conclusion based on two games, as if he didn’t start here for years.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Teitan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:21 am
VauntedTampa2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:42 pm Boots, what is your argument?? That Winston is good?
No. He never actually argues a stance. He argues against whatever you are arguing. Or how you are arguing it. He can have two completely contradicting arguments occurring at the same time. Bootzing.

Look at him cherry pick, saying people are coming to a conclusion based on two games, as if he didn’t start here for years.
Wrong.....Again. But reading has never been your thing. Neither has the truth. I said last week you can't come to any conclusion based off of 1 game, no matter the result, while others fabricated and said meh, he didn't play as well as the numbers indicate. Now this week "the stats speak for themselves" and people think they're credible?? People act as if only 1 QB turned the ball over this week or at all in the NFL. Makes you look like the monkeys you are. Want a banana?
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 am

Wrong.....Again. But reading has never been your thing. Neither has the truth. I said last week you can't come to any conclusion based off of 1 game, no matter the result, while others fabricated and said meh, he didn't play as well as the numbers indicate. Now this week "the stats speak for themselves" and people think they're credible?? People act as if only 1 QB turned the ball over this week or at all in the NFL. Makes you look like the monkeys you are. Want a banana?
Through two games the stats and tape show that the Saints passing offense isn't a threat to make plays beyond 10yds from the LoS.

Everyone blamed Brees and his lack of arm strength last season, but now they have Jameis and he's running a checkdown charlie offense.

For all the went right for the Saints in week 1 went bad yesterday. Alot of pre snap penalties and QB sacks put the Saints behind the chains way too often.

Sean Peyton isn't letting Jameis cut it loose or his receivers aren't getting open. Either way it's been two weeks of dinking and dunking.

How else do you explain having less than 100yds after 3 quarters in two straight games?

I commented on BZ before the season that the Saints are an injury to Kamara away from drafting in the top 10. Their weapons on offense just aren't good and Jameis isn't a good enough QB to overcome subpar weapons.

So unless the Saints can run for 170yds a game and have the defense play lights out like they had in week 1, they will struggle to score points.

Imo the Saints are better than they showed yesterday, but not as great as the week 1 score indicated. After 2 games you can see patterns in the offense and how conservative the passing game has been in both games. They're treating Jameis like a rookie QB.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:14 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 am

Through two games the stats and tape show that the Saints passing offense isn't a threat to make plays beyond 10yds from the LoS.

Everyone blamed Brees and his lack of arm strength last season, but now they have Jameis and he's running a checkdown charlie offense.

For all the went right for the Saints in week 1 went bad yesterday. Alot of pre snap penalties and QB sacks put the Saints behind the chains way too often.

Sean Peyton isn't letting Jameis cut it loose or his receivers aren't getting open. Either way it's been two weeks of dinking and dunking.

How else do you explain having less than 100yds after 3 quarters in two straight games?

I commented on BZ before the season that the Saints are an injury to Kamara away from drafting in the top 10. Their weapons on offense just aren't good and Jameis isn't a good enough QB to overcome subpar weapons.

So unless the Saints can run for 170yds a game and have the defense play lights out like they had in week 1, they will struggle to score points.

Imo the Saints are better than they showed yesterday, but not as great as the week 1 score indicated. After 2 games you can see patterns in the offense and how conservative the passing game has been in both games. They're treating Jameis like a rookie QB.
You said it yourself, their weapons aren’t very good. Guess who their leading rusher was yesterday?

As I stated, if this were any other QB, the narrative would be that he doesn’t have help. We boast here about the help Brady has.

I’m off the Winston bandwagon. But I don’t see the point in bias, jaded, fabricated arguments about New Orleans situation. Guarantee you no one can name their top 3 WRs or top TE without looking it up. Their best WR is hurt. Yet somehow they scored 31 points on offense last week. Now how is that possible?

I’m setting myself up for failure looking for any type of good faith argument about N.O. Making one doesn’t mean Jameis Winston is a great QB. That’s not the point I’ve ever tried making. But if people want to lie and make up contradictory arguments, don’t get mad when it’s called out.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Also as if he wasn't on his knees, mouth open wide, hands at the ready after week 1.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 am
Dread wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:14 am

You said it yourself, their weapons aren’t very good. Guess who their leading rusher was yesterday?

As I stated, if this were any other QB, the narrative would be that he doesn’t have help. We boast here about the help Brady has.

I’m off the Winston bandwagon. But I don’t see the point in bias, jaded, fabricated arguments about New Orleans situation. Guarantee you no one can name their top 3 WRs or top TE without looking it up. Their best WR is hurt. Yet somehow they scored 31 points on offense last week. Now how is that possible?

I’m setting myself up for failure looking for any type of good faith argument about N.O. Making one doesn’t mean Jameis Winston is a great QB. That’s not the point I’ve ever tried making. But if people want to lie and make up contradictory arguments, don’t get mad when it’s called out.
Jameis Winston was the Bucs #1 overall pick and franchise QB for 5 seasons. So fans of the Bucs aren't going to treat him like he's Jared Goff, Wentz or any other QB. Fans are emotionally invested in Jameis because the franchise was committed and all-in on him for 5 years.

It's naive to think Bucs fans will treat Jameis with the same indifference they would any other QB due to recent history.

As far as how the Saints can score 38 last week, that's easy. Run the ball incredibly well so your offense is in 2nd and short all game and have your defense create short fields for your offense.

In that game vs the Packers the Saints has two good offensive drives were most of the work was done rushing the ball or checking down (both drives were 15 plays iirc). The rest of the game was just the defense setting them up.

Yesterday the Saints offense kept falling behind the chains due to penalties and sacks. The Panthers loaded up on Kamara and run game and for the Saints lacked the will and/or firepower to make them pay with chunk plays in the passing game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:36 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 am

Jameis Winston was the Bucs #1 overall pick and franchise QB for 5 seasons. So fans of the Bucs aren't going to treat him like he's Jared Goff, Wentz or any other QB. Fans are emotionally invested in Jameis because the franchise was committed and all-in on him for 5 years.

It's naive to think Bucs fans will treat Jameis with the same indifference they would any other QB due to recent history.

As far as how the Saints can score 38 last week, that's easy. Run the ball incredibly well so your offense is in 2nd and short all game and have your defense create short fields for your offense.

In that game vs the Packers the Saints has two good offensive drives were most of the work was done rushing the ball or checking down (both drives were 15 plays iirc). The rest of the game was just the defense setting them up.

Yesterday the Saints offense kept falling behind the chains due to penalties and sacks. The Panthers loaded up on Kamara and run game and for the Saints lacked the will and/or firepower to make them pay with chunk plays in the passing game.
That’s my point. People know the arguments they are making are biased, subjective, and fabricated in nature. Why get pissy when you get called out? Better yet, why pretend you’re making a competent argument. No one is. 1 person had the balls to admit they weren’t being objective and that her arguments lacked credibility or truth. 1. Everyone would better serve themselves to do the same. Quit acting as if you’re making knowledgeable points.

As far as the Packers v Saints game, not exactly how it played out. You’ve picked an arbitrary number that fit your argument as to what conservative or “check down” is. For that game I believe you said 20 yards. The Panthers game you said 10. Does it surprise you that no named WRs struggle to get open down the field? It’s a as if every attempt has been a check down. The Saints had quite a few passes past 20 yards last week. Yesterday as well.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

stirring the pot through race baiting.... everyone should know better.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

gotta tell ya, this place really feels like home now.

Bootz arguing with the whole board about JW
a multi-page thread about JW
mdb posting several post that are vague and could have been condensed into one

with one difference being that tweets can be embedded.. things are really looking up around here!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Noles1724 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:53 am gotta tell ya, this place really feels like home now.

Bootz arguing with the whole board about JW
a multi-page thread about JW
mdb posting several post that are vague and could have been condensed into one

with one difference being that tweets can be embedded.. things are really looking up around here!
You left out the part about the majority of the board mixing lies with the truth, making up their own facts and calling it credible insight.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Saying Jameis Winston had a shitty game yesterday isn't a lie, nor is saying that he has a history of shit play alternating with spectacular.

We've all had front row seats to the wild rollercoaster that has been Jameis's career. None of us should be surprised by it. The only surprising thing to me is that anyone can say with a straight face that the man is either consistently good or consistently bad. The only thing Jameis is consistently is inconsistent.

As always, we will see how the season plays out to see if he's found any semblance of even-keeled play, but if the first two games are any indication, Bipolar Jameis seems to be in midseason form.