Brady is retiring. Long live the Buccaneers

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

Re: Brady is retiring. Long live the Buccaneers

Post by Phantom »

He’ll be back sometime after Titans game..

R-E-LA-X
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:45 pm And more importantly why care so much?

He led us to a SB victory with basically no camp or preseason while learning an entirely new offense: scheme and personnel.

We good.
You do realize there's a MAJOR difference between 32 teams going through the same circumstances and 1 team going through a unique circumstance?

I'm not even saying there's reason to worry but trying to equate those 2 situations is stupid.
32 teams didn’t go through the same circumstance. Only a few had a brand new QB and only one had the Greatest QB of all time. Same one went on to win the Super Bowl.

There’s about a zero chance Brady will be underprepared. Nothing is absolute… but that’s about as close to absolute as you can get.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:09 pm
Kress wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:03 pm

You could say the same thing about trying to equate 31 other quarterbacks with this one.
Ironically you're making a point but not the one you think. What has separated Brady from everyone else is his preparation. Out working any and everyone on the field and off the field.

That's obviously not happening right now, so it is a departure from what's made him the player he is.
It is not, nor has it ever been the one thing that separates Brady from the rest. It's what's behind the eyeballs.

The bush you're beating around is that this is a sign that he's mailed it in. There was no indication of that whatsoever before he left.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:39 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:09 pm

Ironically you're making a point but not the one you think. What has separated Brady from everyone else is his preparation. Out working any and everyone on the field and off the field.

That's obviously not happening right now, so it is a departure from what's made him the player he is.
It is not, nor has it ever been the one thing that separates Brady from the rest. It's what's behind the eyeballs.

The bush you're beating around is that this is a sign that he's mailed it in. There was no indication of that whatsoever before he left.
So you're saying nearly everyone who has around him who talks about his insane preparation is lying? You know more than them? Good to know

In a way you're calling Brady a liar too.
Last edited by King Bootz on Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 pm

So you're saying nearly everyone who has around him who talks about his insane preparation is lying? You know more than them? Good to know
He's been insanely prepared for over 20 years. I don't think two weeks during training camp is going to make or break the season.

The only concern I have is the collective freakout when we start slow and sloppy for the third straight year.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:06 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 pm

He's been insanely prepared for over 20 years. I don't think two weeks during training camp is going to make or break the season.

The only concern I have is the collective freakout when we start slow and sloppy for the third straight year.
You're underestimating him in every way
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:07 pm
_MB_ wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:06 pm

You're underestimating him in every way
How so?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Brady is the guy who would go on an expletive laden rant when his coaching staffs wanted to give some practice reps to his backups. Because he felt every rep was that important.

Then he allowed documentarians to come into his house and showed him staring at a computer watching film during the offseason. While his kids were running around the house elsewhere lol.

This is what makes it so odd. what changed.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:13 pm Brady is the guy who would go on an expletive laden rant when his coaching staffs wanted to give some practice reps to his backups. Because he felt every rep was that important.

Then he allowed documentarians to come into his house and showed him staring at a computer watching film during the offseason. While his kids were running around the house elsewhere lol.

This is what makes it so odd. what changed.
Put it better than I could've.

People saying it's a big nothing that THIS guy is missing practice and preparation know nothing about him.

He doesn't rest on his success and what he's done in the past. When he got here, during lockdown, he snuck to his OCs house to start preparing when everyone was supposed to stay home.

That isn't the same guy that we see in 2022.
Snake

Post by Snake »

My diehard Pats fan friend - I’ve referenced him before - believes this is just family time that Tom agreed to and the team isn’t pushing the issue. Giselle begrudgingly “ok’d” Tom returning after pushing hard for his retirement. So some concessions were made. It seems to make sense to me.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm
Primeminister wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:50 pm

In one of Bowles’ original comments on this he hinted at there being no specific return time. I don’t think that’s changed.

So that makes sense, but it deters from the family vacation possibility. This is the first I'm really reading up on all of this. Of course most are saying it's because Gisele wants a divorce,

The divorce rumors are all bullshit, I think

His wife post instagram on august 3rd

uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Phantom wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:39 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm

So that makes sense, but it deters from the family vacation possibility. This is the first I'm really reading up on all of this. Of course most are saying it's because Gisele wants a divorce,

The divorce rumors are all bullshit, I think

His wife post instagram on august 3rd

All of those things I posted are bullshit, that was the point. You think he was caught with PEDs?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

This is wild speculation.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

So what I've gathered is that Bootz thinks that even if he comes back he's not going to be very good because he missed a few weeks of practice.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:36 pm So what I've gathered is that Bootz thinks that even if he comes back he's not going to be very good because he missed a few weeks of practice.
I'm waiting for him to ask who starts against Dallas - Gabbert or Trask?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:44 pm
The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:36 pm So what I've gathered is that Bootz thinks that even if he comes back he's not going to be very good because he missed a few weeks of practice.
I'm waiting for him to ask who starts against Dallas - Gabbert or Trask?
If for whatever reason Tom can't go, I'd assume Gabbert unless he flubs the remainder of the preseason.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If that's what you gathered then you're either being obtuse on purpose or I severely overestimated your intelligence. Like seriously if you truly don't get it, you're not as smart as you think you are.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Kress wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:07 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:09 pm Him, his wife, and his oldest son all have summer birthdays. He very well could have had family time planned for during his brief retirement and he was sticking to it
This.

He was retired. His family made plans. He then un-retired, and told the team that, if he was coming back, he wasn't breaking those plans. Hence, they knew about it.

As for everything else, people are taking transcripts of offhand comments made to reporters during practices or interviews or whatever, and dissecting the hell out of the words used. Have you ever read a transcript of yourself talking? Much less sat down and dissected every word choice you made?

All titties need calming.
I didn’t want to type any of this so thank you. My thoughts exactly. Including titty calming.
nybf

Post by nybf »

The bush you're beating around
That's not really his thing, so he might not understand the reference.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 pm So you're saying
"I got nothing left so I'm going to change the conversation ."
MJW

Post by MJW »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:11 pm This is wild speculation.
This entire thread.

Though TBH, now I'm worried.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

MJW wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:04 pm
_MB_ wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:11 pm This is wild speculation.
This entire thread.

You should be worried because now we're getting to the bottom of all this and the results are worse than we thought.

Tom Brady has monkeypox.
MJW

Post by MJW »

_MB_ wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:19 am
MJW wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:04 pm

This entire thread.

You should be worried because now we're getting to the bottom of all this and the results are worse than we thought.

Tom Brady has monkeypox.
This is, again, one of those things where I'd be 99% aghast and 1% like...huh...yeah...I can see that.

No man spends as much time on his skin regiment as TB12 without occasionally peeking over the curtain in the locker room shower.
Let's roll another joint
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Rumor has it he took the time off to finish MJ’s movie list
MJW

Post by MJW »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:18 am Rumor has it he took the time off to finish MJ’s movie list
Harsh but fair.

I bit off more than I could chew.
Let's roll another joint
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

nybf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:57 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 pm So you're saying
"I got nothing left so I'm going to change the conversation ."
Or, as is often the case, "I'll slowly maneuver the conversation so that I can switch sides of the argument so subtly that these dumbass kiddos will never notice."
Push the damned button already!
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

"What separates TB from everybody else is preparation" Bull F'ing S. You don't think at least 5 other QBs prepare as much/more than he does.

What separates him is his performance (when it actually matters, not in the PS), and the amount of fingers that occupy rings, not uber drivers' unmentionables, much like our last QB...who was also one of those "I prepare a lot" people.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

acmillis wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:50 pm You don't think at least 5 other QBs prepare as much/more than he does.
No.

Now I don't think that is what makes him a good QB, but as Peyton once said, it's what elevates people to be great QBs.

Tom has always been the guy that didn't allow backups taking his reps, even more so than Manning. He's had additional practices and workouts with WRs, etc. It's something he himself said what separates him from many in his show.

Not saying this will mean he will suck, but it's certainly new territory for him.

I'm not concerned with his level of play once he returns, fwiw. He may be a bit off in the first couple of games like we was 2 years ago, but after that he'll be fine.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

I think Tom Brady has every intention of giving every last ounce of football he's got left in him this season.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

_MB_ wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:01 pm I think Tom Brady has every intention of giving every last ounce of football he's got left in him this season.
Absolutely. Brady won't step on the field and not give it his all...he's never given us a reason to think he'd do that.

This not practicing is something Brady would have never done in the past, but he's also never retired in the past. We can't use these two instances, which are likely connected, to make leaps about other things that may or may not change with Brady's mentality. It's certainly a talking point, it's odd, extremely rare, but the second he comes back, it's irrelevant.

Until Lugz comes back if we don't win the SB and claims the 2 weeks missed would have made up the difference.
nybf

Post by nybf »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:04 pm
Until Lugz comes back
Yes, until....
Kress

Post by Kress »

There's a rumor floating around that he had already contracted to be on The Masked Singer, so he's out in Hollywood taping that. That's why the Bucs can't say where he is, because they've all signed nondisclosure contracts.

And you thought this board was nuts.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Kress wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:23 pm There's a rumor floating around that he had already contracted to be on The Masked Singer, so he's out in Hollywood taping that. That's why the Bucs can't say where he is, because they've all signed nondisclosure contracts.

And you thought this board was nuts.
lol.

This is the best rumor, now.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The press needs to get clicks and sell ads. They will make crap up to make that happen. End of story.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:50 pm "What separates TB from everybody else is preparation" Bull F'ing S. You don't think at least 5 other QBs prepare as much/more than he does.

What separates him is his performance (when it actually matters, not in the PS), and the amount of fingers that occupy rings, not uber drivers' unmentionables, much like our last QB...who was also one of those "I prepare a lot" people.
To answer your question, no. Until you can find me another QB that played at an elite level well into their 40s, the answer will always be no, other QBs don't prepare as much as he does. That performance doesn't stay at the level that it's been at without a next level routine of preparation. You seem to think he woke up 1 day and was automatically the greatest ever.

The guy has literally made a brand out of his preparation. The TB12 lifestyle. You'd have to ask yourself why more QBs don't compete for championships and MVP awards past 40.