NFL MVP Predictions

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

MVP will be..

Tom Brady
56%
Cooper Kupp
7%
Aaron Rodgers
23%
Matthew Stafford
5%
Johnathan Taylor
9%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 43

Dread

Re: NFL MVP Predictions

Post by Dread »

13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:07 pm
Dread wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:48 pm
Rodgers was certainly misleading with his comments. But if you can't understand why (even if you disagree) he would be then you aren't paying attention.

If someone doesn't have an allergy to the Covid vaccines, or some other reason that meets your acceptance standard, do you feel it justifies demeaning them? As if they are some kind of "other" based on a decision they make for themselves?

Or are you one of those that still thinks unvaccinated people are affecting you?
I do not care what his reason is for not getting the vaccine. The issue is that he was not honest about it and he did not follow protocols. If he had just said that he did not want to be vaccinated and followed the protocols for not being vaccinated I would respect his decision.

Do I think unvaccinated people affect other people? Yes, I do. In the same way, a person who chooses to smoke does. In the same way, a person who drives while drunk does. In the same way, a conscientious objector affects the war effort. It is not a direct effect. It is an indirect effect. There are people who are unable to get surgeries right now due to unvaccinated covid patients taking up bed space and the strain on medical professionals.
Just to clarify Aaron Rodgers was honest with his team and the NFL regarding his unvaccinated status the entire time. He was never considered "vaccinated" by NFL/NFLPA and never claimed to be.

His intentionally misleading comment to the media back in training camp that has you panties in a twist came at a time when he was petitioning the NFL for an exception citing his allergy to an mRNA ingredient combined with some alternative remedy he was doing. But we all agree it was a misleading comment for him to say "I'm immunized" back in August. But he doesn't owe the media or fans an explanation or answer as to his vaccination status. We've somehow got to a weird place in society where people feel entitled to such information, seemingly so they can judge that person one way or another.

It's pretty crazy that you (and many others) equate a healthy person (like Rodgers) choosing to not take experimental, emergency use vaccine with known side effects with a smoker or drunk driver.

You want to get a jab and however many multiple boosters that will be coming, go for it. But the idea it should be mandated for all people and that those who don't are a threat to society is a dangerous lie too many people have been convinced of.

Just look at where we are in society today, most adult Americans have been vaccinated and many of them boosted. Yet all 50 states are hitting record highs 2 years into this. Yet somehow people are still convinced it's the small % of unvaccinated people who are a threat.

On top of that we're now seeing a push to give to children and parents not having a say in the matter, of which there is zero data or science that they are at risk of death unless they already have some underlying condition (as with most people). Those people were already at risk of death/serious illness from respiratory viruses in a pre-Covid world though.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:33 am <snip>l
Like I said you are not willing to look at the facts.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/bri ... f-dollars/

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2021 ... d-america/

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Docume ... inated.pdf

You will likely say this is the woke mob making stuff up.

Best of luck to you.
Last edited by 13F11B on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Kress wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:01 pm Please tell me you're posting with a mask.
oh my no.

I may be socially isolating from everyone else but I'm spreading the wealth to everyone here...

I kid, I kid.
MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

The mod team encourages everyone to proof-read their posts before submitting. Everyone is familiar with what third place wins, yes?
Kress

Post by Kress »

It's not steak knives?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

There isn't even a sig for third place around here! :O
nybf

Post by nybf »

Third place wins a relocation to Off Topic so you're out of the way and no one will ever see you again because no one goes there since it's used as the garbage pail of Team Discussions.
Kress

Post by Kress »

nybf wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:37 am Third place wins a relocation to Off Topic so you're out of the way and no one will ever see you again because no one goes there since it's used as the garbage pail of Team Discussions.
I'm not saying OT is bad, but... AB's Ho would lick OT.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:36 pm
nybf wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:37 am Third place wins a relocation to Off Topic so you're out of the way and no one will ever see you again because no one goes there since it's used as the garbage pail of Team Discussions.
Petition to have lugz's name changed, again, this time to AB'sHo
Kress

Post by Kress »

nybf wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:46 pm
Kress wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:36 pm

Seconded.

We have a motion on the floor. All those in favor?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:04 pm
nybf wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:46 pm

Seconded.

We have a motion on the floor. All those in favor?
Aye
Kress

Post by Kress »

Seeing no opposition, the Ayes have it.

Mods, do your thing.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Last thing we need is less posters and he’ll definitely leave after that one.

Or would he?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Well, Taylor and Kupp are clearly out of the conversation.

Does Brady's 99 yard drive and a complete gamestate-reversal of a game that sends them to the #2 seed do any work against Rodger's routine 1st half handling of the Lions?

Or was it basically a fait accompli going in and Rodgers walks away with the hardware in back-to-back seasons (I'm fine either way).

* Unrelated, one wonders if AB's brain has a voice of sanity rattling around in there that acknowledges the obvious reality that (a) Brady would have ensured that he met all 3 of his incentives, (b) he would still have a lot of friends and a support system in the Bucs' locker-room, (c) he would have a chance to cement his legacy with Super Bowl # 2 (which could lock his resume into that # 3 slot behind Rice and Moss).

Guy just completely torched his life. What a monumentally bad decision. There have been a lot of moments where fortunes have dramatically turned on a dime for a person. This one has to be up there.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

It would be disappointing if Kupp didn't get a vote or 2.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

If Rodgers wins then the race is corrupt to begin with.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:47 pm It would be disappointing if Kupp didn't get a vote or 2.
If any females have a vote, I'd say 2 girls would vote for 1 Kupp.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:47 pm If Rodgers wins then the race is corrupt to begin with.
Don't be a bad actor. People will say the same if Brady wins or if any one else wins for that matter. We already know of 1 vote Aaron Rodgers isn't getting. That's a little "corrupt".

Both guys are deserving. You can make solid cases for them both. It'll boil down to how each voter views the MVP award.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:47 pm It would be disappointing if Kupp didn't get a vote or 2.
He and Taylor have made some of the better cases in years for a non QB MVP. What a treat this season has been
Last edited by Swashbuckler on Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I liked the way Brady and Gronk charged the field when neither should have been in, for that one play so that Brady could feed him that final pass for a half million dollars. I can't imagine Aaron Rodgers doing that. Not ever.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 pm
He and Joseph have made some of the better cases in years for a non QB MVP. What a treat this season has been
Drawing a blank. Who is Joseph?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Rodgers probably had it locked up in voters’ minds three weeks ago.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Nobody wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:43 pm Well, Taylor and Kupp are clearly out of the conversation.

Does Brady's 99 yard drive and a complete gamestate-reversal of a game that sends them to the #2 seed do any work against Rodger's routine 1st half handling of the Lions?

Or was it basically a fait accompli going in and Rodgers walks away with the hardware in back-to-back seasons (I'm fine either way).

* Unrelated, one wonders if AB's brain has a voice of sanity rattling around in there that acknowledges the obvious reality that (a) Brady would have ensured that he met all 3 of his incentives, (b) he would still have a lot of friends and a support system in the Bucs' locker-room, (c) he would have a chance to cement his legacy with Super Bowl # 2 (which could lock his resume into that # 3 slot behind Rice and Moss).

Guy just completely torched his life. What a monumentally bad decision. There have been a lot of moments where fortunes have dramatically turned on a dime for a person. This one has to be up there.
#3?? No love for TO?
Snake

Post by Snake »

I don’t have TO in my top 5 personally. That’s not exactly an insult.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 pm
Swashbuckler wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 pm

He and Joseph have made some of the better cases in years for a non QB MVP. What a treat this season has been
Drawing a blank. Who is Joseph?
Fruedian moment. I've also got Joseph (book of Genesis) from the Bible on the brain. I meant Taylor
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

When will it be announced?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Moozician wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:34 pm When will it be announced?
At NFL Honors the night before the Super Bowl
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It has to be Brady at this point. 13 wins, 5300 yards, 45 TDs... like come on.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Final MVP odds after the season:

Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers: 1-5

Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 7-2

Listening to Dan Patrick, he believes it's 100% Rodgers in the eyes of writers mainly because of the Saints shutout, but IMO contradicts that by saying "outside of the first loss of the season Rodgers has been perfect this year".

He also said if Tampa had first place in the NFC, I think Brady has it, but he doesn't.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:55 pm Final MVP odds after the season:

Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers: 1-5

Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 7-2

Listening to Dan Patrick, he believes it's 100% Rodgers in the eyes of writers mainly because of the Saints shutout, but IMO contradicts that by saying "outside of the first loss of the season Rodgers has been perfect this year".

He also said if Tampa had first place in the NFC, I think Brady has it, but he doesn't.
If Rodgers wins it is because the writers are afraid of upsetting the special little snowflake.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:23 pm
If Rodgers wins it is because the writers are afraid of upsetting the special little snowflake.
People are saying the same if Brady wins...Neither are true.

Both are deserving if you look at it objectively, I just don't think it should be a blowout for Rodgers.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:31 pm

Both are deserving if you look at it objectively, I just don't think it should be a blowout for Rodgers.
This is where I am. I don’t see how the media is so locked in on saying it’s Rodgers. It makes zero sense when the Bucs and Packers won 13 games (yes I know the Packers rested most of the final week) so the team success is the comparable. Brady has more than enough stars to back up an MVP win so this bullshit that it’s clearly Rodgers is insane.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm

This is where I am. I don’t see how the media is so locked in on saying it’s Rodgers. It makes zero sense when the Bucs and Packers won 13 games (yes I know the Packers rested most of the final week) so the team success is the comparable. Brady has more than enough stars to back up an MVP win so this bullshit that it’s clearly Rodgers is insane.
The argument is that Brady played 1 game without his full starting OLine while Rodgers was missing linemen all year. Of course, there will be half of this forum agreeing with that even though everywhere else we were decimated with injuries.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

It will come down to the things that have decided 4 of the last 5 MVP races. TD% and QBR. 4 of the last 5 MVPs have led the league in both QBR and TD%.

Ryan in 2016
Mahomes in 2018
Jackson in 2019
Rodgers in 2020

The one exception? 2017. Carson Wentz led the league in both QBR and TD% but he got injured and played in just 13 games. Brady won the award that year.

But QBR and TD% both led this year by Aaron Rodgers. It's really that simple.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I agree but the excuses people are making for Rodgers one bad game or the fact that Green Bay lost the one game he was out proving his value don't hold much water for me.

If Rodgers wins it is because he had fewer turnovers.

If Brady wins it is because he had more yards, more touchdowns, and had a statistically better year in most categories.