2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:18 pm This may be a dumb question. Are inactive players allowed to be on the sideline on game day?
Yes as long as they are not suspended or have Covid
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:23 am

Bucs have done it playing 1 less game
You passed the test, your cookie is in the breakroom.
cookie's for being able to decipher your post? very few cookies being eating here.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:29 pm Again, to both of you @MJW @BLT if the NFL operated that way, Brees would have never been in New Orleans as long as he was. By your logic, Payton and Brees should've been gone after 2008 because they missed the playoffs the 2 seasons prior. Aaron Rodgers should've traded the same year McCarthy was fired because of the 6-9-1 season that followed the 7-9 season.

Not at all how the NFL works. But if it pleases you to live in your own alternate reality, then by all means.
I think what Bootz is trying to say is how many instances have you seen where a team fired a super bowl winning coach that still has a super bowl winning QB on the roster because the GM stunk? Now Chucky got his yes-man for GM and so that was clearly on him. We know Bruce has some input in our drafts. But I have never heard Pete Carrol pulling the string on the draft picks, and neither of you are implying he does.

That said, Russell Wilson didn't look cooked at the beginning of the season. He was throwing the ball 60 yards in the air. I haven't watched him after the injury, but I doubt he is "cooked" since it was only his finger and not his shoulder or elbow that got damage. Still he might be having a gripping issue.

As far as blowing up the team in general because the "product isn't good." I think there are two reasons why some teams labor past the window with stars. Even if they are losing, they want fans in the seats. Unless you are the Cowboys, Giants, Jets, New England, or Raiders then keeping butts in the seat is the most important thing to you. Are people buying a lot of Russell Wilson jerseys? Keep him. Is Metcalf and Lockett selling tickets? Keep them. The owner knows they have stars and the coach is going to go before the stars do, damn the losing.

It's not one of the top teams that make their money from other revenue than just stadium. Maybe Seattle is getting there, but this is their first window of sustained success. The owner may want to sour the 12th man. The Browns had 3 HCs in 3 years because they wanted butts in the stands. They are all about the bottom line and keeping their star wideouts and star QB is good for their bottom line.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I can buy the argument that Seattle needs to retool. But I'm going through that process with Carroll and Wilson. No QB got to 100 wins faster than Wilson. Good luck trying to replicate that.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:18 pm I can buy the argument that Seattle needs to retool. But I'm going through that process with Carroll and Wilson. No QB got to 100 wins faster than Wilson. Good luck trying to replicate that.
I'll meet you halfway - I can entertain the possibility that Wilson still has good years left. It's not like he's Roethlisberger.

At the same time, I see this as a teardown. GM, Coach, Veteran Talent. Similar to what the Panthers did two years ago, or what the Eagles are doing.

IMHO, the best way to deal with that is to deal Wilson, who most likely won't be playing at a high level when they come out the other side. But I can see the point that he can still help the team.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

This Quarterback is currently completing nearly 68% of his passes. He's accounted for 24 TDs against just 3 INTs. He's on pace for just under 4,700 passing yards. He's in the Top 7 in every major passing category. Despite playing behind a dodgy line, he has one of the best INT% and lowest sack% in the league.

And nobody gives a shit because he's Kirk Cousins.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:07 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:18 pm I can buy the argument that Seattle needs to retool. But I'm going through that process with Carroll and Wilson. No QB got to 100 wins faster than Wilson. Good luck trying to replicate that.
I'll meet you halfway - I can entertain the possibility that Wilson still has good years left. It's not like he's Roethlisberger.

At the same time, I see this as a teardown. GM, Coach, Veteran Talent. Similar to what the Panthers did two years ago, or what the Eagles are doing.

IMHO, the best way to deal with that is to deal Wilson, who most likely won't be playing at a high level when they come out the other side. But I can see the point that he can still help the team.
Can still help the team?

Again, this is an argument no one, mother even you would ever make for Rodgers or Brees and it was even made for Roethlisberger. But you’re making it for a 33 year old QB who missed games due to injury for the 1st time in his career and was the fastest to 100 wins?

Talk about lacking credibility.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

MJW wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:20 pm This Quarterback is currently completing nearly 68% of his passes. He's accounted for 24 TDs against just 3 INTs. He's on pace for just under 4,700 passing yards. He's in the Top 7 in every major passing category. Despite playing behind a dodgy line, he has one of the best INT% and lowest sack% in the league.

He'd get a lot more attention if the Vikes weren't 5-6. Him, Adam Thielen, and Dalvin Cook would be talked about ad-nauseum if they were 8-3.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Moozician wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:57 am
MJW wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:20 pm This Quarterback is currently completing nearly 68% of his passes. He's accounted for 24 TDs against just 3 INTs. He's on pace for just under 4,700 passing yards. He's in the Top 7 in every major passing category. Despite playing behind a dodgy line, he has one of the best INT% and lowest sack% in the league.

He'd get a lot more attention if the Vikes weren't 5-6. Him, Adam Thielen, and Dalvin Cook would be talked about ad-nauseum if they were 8-3.
Dalvin Cook is probably happy he's out of the spotlight.
BucsNBrew831

Post by BucsNBrew831 »

AB and Mike Edwards were suspended 3 games for misrepresenting their vaccine status.. Smh.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Adrian Peterson signed to Seahawks practice squad?

This dude just lives for football. Hope he manages to get on the field. Lord knows he isn’t making any money at this stage.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:39 pm Adrian Peterson signed to Seahawks practice squad?

This dude just lives for football. Hope he manages to get on the field. Lord knows he isn’t making any money at this stage.
I thought it was pretty widely known he's playing to pay off the 8 million in debt he has?

Maybe not, but I've heard people postulate that he'd have retired long ago if he wasn't so broke.

He was paying $2,200 per day for debt in Jan.
MJW

Post by MJW »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:06 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:39 pm Adrian Peterson signed to Seahawks practice squad?

I thought it was pretty widely known he's playing to pay off the 8 million in debt he has?

Maybe not, but I've heard people postulate that he'd have retired long ago if he wasn't so broke.

The hell is wrong with these guys?

Peterson is literally the highest paid running back in the history of football. Depending on your source, he's signed between $100-104 mil in deals. There were also a ton of endorsement dollars before he decided to get Biblical on his son.

I grew up poor as shit. If I ever *had* any money, I'd make it my only goal in life to ensure I was never, ever poor as shit again.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

BTW, got one eye on this game...can we stop with the "Taysom Hill is a real quarterback" stuff already? His numbers will be artificially inflated by that big play Deonte Harris made...but they still suck. He's not a quarterback.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Jesus that made my heart just sink. $2200 a day?? That's absurd
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Last night’s game showed me 2 things.

1: Sean Payton is crazy if he thinks Taylor Hill is the answer. He should not be throwing it 41 times ever. It’s likely they bring Winston back or draft a guy early because Hill ain’t it.

2: Dallas is stacked. Even with Prescott not being at his best last night, their offensive depth was on display. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup are about as good as you’ll see in this league as far as 3 top 3 wideouts go. Plus Zeke is still Zeke and they have Tony Pollard who’s made a ton of plays this year as the #2 RB. Schultz is a pretty good TE for them and that defense looked great with Lawrence back in. They will be a tough out in the playoffs and we’d better keep pace ahead of them. Their schedule is very favorable going forward, they usually own their division and they have 4 games left against them.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:28 am

Jesus that made my heart just sink. $2200 a day?? That's absurd
He had some court ordered debt of 8.2 million. That's on top of other debts, apparently.

I'm surprised he hasn't declared bankruptcy at this point.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Moozician wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:43 pm Somewhat relevant to this discussion... We have a 44-year-old QB that WILL decline at some point. Sure, use Brady while he's good. But is Blaine Gabbert "the future?" Or is Kyle Trask? I ask this because I have heard absolutely NOTHING about Trask's progress. That leads me to believe that the staff thinks that he may be a bust.

Thoughts?
Why would we hear anything about Trask's progress?
Dread

Post by Dread »

Four Verticals wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:20 pm
Moozician wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:43 pm Somewhat relevant to this discussion... We have a 44-year-old QB that WILL decline at some point. Sure, use Brady while he's good. But is Blaine Gabbert "the future?" Or is Kyle Trask? I ask this because I have heard absolutely NOTHING about Trask's progress. That leads me to believe that the staff thinks that he may be a bust.

Thoughts?
Why would we hear anything about Trask's progress?
I think Trask was mentioned at a presser a few weeks ago. But he's largely irrelevant for 2021. Ideally Trask is elevated to nothing more than Brady's back-up in 2022/nest season.

I'd say it's still probably Brady is back next season, but unlikely beyond that. So Trask being ready to play in the NFL will get figured out in time. But it's pretty low on the list of things any fan should be focusing considering we're chasing a 2nd consecutive Lombardi right now.

I'm not even sure what kind update people expect on Trask's progress, he's the 3rd string QB which means he doesn't get many reps.

We'll have a decent idea come next training camp. Hopefully he can get some preseason action with the 1st team, or atleast the 2nd team guys b/c this past preseason he was out there with a bunch of camp meat so it's hard to get a feel for a QB when the surrounding parts are so terrible.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Just finished the Cowboys Saints condensed game. Holy shit that was entertaining. Hill had some mistakes but I think there’s a lot to work with there.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Houston is the 1st team to be officially eliminated from the playoffs at 2-10.

Detroit at 1-10-1 still has a chance at a wildcard believe it or not. That shows how weak the NFC is overall compared to the AFC.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Only Jimmy G is stupid enough to get sacked in the endzone with a 2 point lead..
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:39 pm Only Jimmy G is stupid enough to get sacked in the endzone with a 2 point lead..
Dude sucks
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Baltimore/Pittsburgh NEVER disappoints. Never!
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:22 pm Houston is the 1st team to be officially eliminated from the playoffs at 2-10.

Detroit at 1-10-1 still has a chance at a wildcard believe it or not. That shows how weak the NFC is overall compared to the AFC.
There isn't much difference between 2-10 and 1-10-1.

NFC has 3 teams with 3 losses or less. AFC has none. So the NFC is more top heavy.

AFC is crazy b/c 12 teams are bunched up with 2 games from the #1 seed Patriots at 8-4 to the 12 seeded Browns at 6-6. Dolphins are even 6-7.

13 teams in the playoff hunt in the AFC.

In the NFC you have 5 teams with 4 losses or less, then 7 teams chasing the other 2 WC spots.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Dread wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:45 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:22 pm Houston is the 1st team to be officially eliminated from the playoffs at 2-10.

NFC has 3 teams with 3 losses or less. AFC has none. So the NFC is more top heavy.

AFC is crazy b/c 12 teams are bunched up with 2 games from the #1 seed Patriots at 8-4 to the 12 seeded Browns at 6-6. Dolphins are even 6-7.

In the NFC you have 5 teams with 4 losses or less, then 7 teams chasing the other 2 WC spots.
There are 5 good/damn good teams in the NFC.

Not sure there's a single team in the AFC who would be favored against any of those five on a neutral field today.
Let's roll another joint
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

MJW wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:59 pm

Not sure there's a single team in the AFC who would be favored against any of those five on a neutral field today.
Agree 100% here. I know we got the Bills this coming week and it's a huge game, but the NFC has much better teams than the AFC right now. I would take the Falcons over the Titans on a neutral field all day long.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I think the Chiefs are about to flex their muscle in the AFC. Talks of their demise was premature imo.

We'll see how good the Patriots really are these next few weeks.

They also beat Dallas recently, albeit not on a neutral field. But otherwise I agree.

Bills in Tampa next Sunday will play to that narrative one way or another.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Buccabeer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:06 pm

Agree 100% here. I know we got the Bills this coming week and it's a huge game, but the NFC has much better teams than the AFC right now. I would take the Falcons over the Titans on a neutral field all day long.
To be fair the Titans without Henry, AJ Brown, and Julio are not the same team that started 8-3.

It why the lowly Texans beat them.

I'm still high on the Colts. I like their brand of football and am a fan of Frank Reich as a coach. Nobody wants to play a team like that come January.

Records aside, I think the Chiefs are playing the best football in the AFC currently with the Bills, Patriots, and Colts in the next tier down.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Broncos are fucking dumb. Why pass on 3rd & 2 if you know you're going for it on 4th? Then look out of sync on the 4th down run that got stuffed.

20 play drive, ZERO points
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

And wtf has happened to SF? I thought they were going to be better this year.
Don't tread on me
Dread

Post by Dread »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:26 am And wtf has happened to SF? I thought they were going to be better this year.
Secondary isn't good and Nick Bosa is only 1 guy.

The Seahawks always give them trouble also. Just like the 49ers always give the Rams trouble. That's an interesting division.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Can we just go ahead and give TJ Watt the DPOY? He's played in 10 games this season and has 16 sacks. I know he may not break the single season record, but extrapolate those number over 16 games, and he'd have 25.5 sacks, give him 27 in a 17 game season.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Get that Watt DNA for future super soldiers.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Snake wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:19 am Get that Watt DNA for future super soldiers.
I'm just glad their parents are getting reimbursed for all the groceries they went through as kids.

I can't imagine feeding those as teenagers.