Brady is retiring. Long live the Buccaneers

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: Brady is retiring. Long live the Buccaneers

Post by King Bootz »

Narrative sort of changed from "we knew about this before TC" to "we don't know when he's returning". "We'll see"??

uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:29 pm Narrative sort of changed from "we knew about this before TC" to "we don't know when he's returning". "We'll see"??

Also, "We're not concerned about it right now" may be the most concerning part of his statement.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

If nothing else, this Brady situation is extremely bizarre. I'm still firmly in the belief that he just doesn't want to practice to spend time with family, but how it's unfolding is like nothing I can remember.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm If nothing else, this Brady situation is extremely bizarre. I'm still firmly in the belief that he just doesn't want to practice to spend time with family, but how it's unfolding is like nothing I can remember.
What are the chances this turns into a "I'll meet you guys there on Sunday" type of situation.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

He has remained quiet on his social media as well. It's definitely become a bizarre situation.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:44 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm If nothing else, this Brady situation is extremely bizarre. I'm still firmly in the belief that he just doesn't want to practice to spend time with family, but how it's unfolding is like nothing I can remember.
What are the chances this turns into a "I'll meet you guys there on Sunday" type of situation.
I'd say none, but I would have said that Brady...the guy who lived on the practice field, would have never taken a few weeks off during the preseason with a ton of new players.

I know he took a bunch of vet days last year, but all reports were he was still on the sidelines.

So, slim? I'd like to think he'll be back after the last preseason game, at least, to get practice in before Dallas.

Just odd how it's progressing...from out of left field Brady just leaving, then Licht/Bowles saying it was planned, to "we don't know when he'll be back, but we'll stay in touch".
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I wonder if someone is ill.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:51 pm I wonder if someone is ill.
Didn't someone, maybe Bowles...or a less reliable Rap/Schefter say specifically no one was ill? I'd have to look, but they said this was a personally planned thing that Tom told the team about before camp.

I think we all know Brady's sneaking around trashcans looking for his stolen 60 million.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Has he checked Gronk's USAA savings account?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:47 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:44 pm

I'd say none, but I would have said that Brady...the guy who lived on the practice field, would have never taken a few weeks off during the preseason with a ton of new players.

I know he took a bunch of vet days last year, but all reports were he was still on the sidelines.

So, slim? I'd like to think he'll be back after the last preseason game, at least, to get practice in before Dallas.

Just odd how it's progressing...from out of left field Brady just leaving, then Licht/Bowles saying it was planned, to "we don't know when he'll be back, but we'll stay in touch".
This is what people underestimate in this situation. This guy year after year and now decade after decade has prided himself on working harder than everyone to be the best and pushing everyone around him to do so. He's never been the type to sit back and be comfortable with what he's accomplished in the past.

That's different now. He's not all in like he was before. He's not even here and we don't know when he'll be back. If this lingers much longer the question will move from "when will he be back" to "Will he be back".
Nano

Post by Nano »

He's not coming back...
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:29 pm Narrative sort of changed from "we knew about this before TC" to "we don't know when he's returning". "We'll see"??

Someone is changing the narrative. And it's not the team.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

nybf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 pm

Auman?

Really it's everyone. People start jumping to Favre drama and the earlier stuff.

Weird situation, sure, but no reason to be worried yet.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 pm
nybf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 pm

Auman?

Really it's everyone. People start jumping to Favre drama and the earlier stuff.

Weird situation, sure, but no reason to be worried yet.
The narrative has changed because the situation has changed. From he'll be back after the Titans game to he'll be back 'sometime' after the Titans game.

The team didn't need to change the narrative because unless Bowles is just clueless, it sounds like they never knew when he'd be coming back from the start.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Or when they asked Brady what day he'll be back, Brady just said, "I'm not sure, yet...I'll let you know".
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm Or when they asked Brady what day he'll be back, Brady just said, "I'm not sure, yet...I'll let you know".
If that's what he said, then that tells you all you need to know.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:11 pm
The narrative has changed because the situation has changed. From he'll be back after the Titans game to he'll be back 'sometime' after the Titans game.
The next time you even think the word "semantics," someone should kneecap you.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:18 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:11 pm
Same goes for you and the word narrative, sweets
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:21 pm
nybf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:18 pm

I'd ask you for an example similar to your dumbfuckery about when Brady will return, but I know better.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:24 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:21 pm

I'd ask you for an example similar to your dumbfuckery about when Brady will return, but I know better.
Do you?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm Or when they asked Brady what day he'll be back, Brady just said, "I'm not sure, yet...I'll let you know".
That he'll be back at some point next week? There are a lot of ways you could interpret that hypothetical statement.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Media needs some off-season drama!

If you think Brady would walk away at this point then you seriously have the wrong read on what kind of person Brady is
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:20 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm

That he'll be back at some point next week? There are a lot of ways you could interpret that hypothetical statement.
More like even he doesn't know when he'll be back.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

I say he's just trying to outdo Favre in every aspect.

Favre never retired twice in one off-season.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Sdbucs wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:25 pm Media needs some off-season drama!

If you think Brady would walk away at this point then you seriously have the wrong read on what kind of person Brady is
I've said he's not retiring, but he's never been one to take 2 weeks off in camp to have a better work life balance, either...if Rapaport is to be believed.

This is out of character for him, doesn't mean he's gone full Favre.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Him, his wife, and his oldest son all have summer birthdays. He very well could have had family time planned for during his brief retirement and he was sticking to it

It’s also possible that someone is ill and it coincides with his planned time off leaving the timeline vague. Ian Rappaport saying no one is sick doesn’t really mean much. Hopefully all is well with the Brady camp though.

He never gave a firm return date to start. The timeline may not even be that vague. Bowles may just not feel like answering for it right now.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:59 pm
Sdbucs wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:25 pm Media needs some off-season drama!

I've said he's not retiring, but he's never been one to take 2 weeks off in camp to have a better work life balance, either...if Rapaport is to be believed.

This is out of character for him, doesn't mean he's gone full Favre.
Out of character when you consider this is a guy who attributes his success to preparation and focus. But sure. 2+ weeks taken away from preparation and getting acclimated to new teammates is a big nothing burger.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

In one of Bowles’ original comments on this he hinted at there being no specific return time. I don’t think that’s changed.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:50 pm

In one of Bowles’ original comments on this he hinted at there being no specific return time. I don’t think that’s changed.
I believe Bowles said last week that he was "pretty confident Brady would be back by week 1", which means he wasn't positive.

So that makes sense, but it deters from the family vacation possibility. This is the first I'm really reading up on all of this. Of course most are saying it's because Gisele wants a divorce, then a bunch of Saints fans saying he popped for PEDs (they wish), but nothing of real substance.

I like the narrative than he and Gronk are hunting down the people who robbed him the most.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:09 pm Him, his wife, and his oldest son all have summer birthdays. He very well could have had family time planned for during his brief retirement and he was sticking to it
This.

He was retired. His family made plans. He then un-retired, and told the team that, if he was coming back, he wasn't breaking those plans. Hence, they knew about it.

As for everything else, people are taking transcripts of offhand comments made to reporters during practices or interviews or whatever, and dissecting the hell out of the words used. Have you ever read a transcript of yourself talking? Much less sat down and dissected every word choice you made?

All titties need calming.
Snake

Post by Snake »

This is the latest in a series of oddities. TB12 Retires. Arians “retires.” TB12 comes back afterwards. The Miami tampering stuff gets leaked. Tom takes a leave of absence some time later. Abruptly? Seems to be. Team isn’t sure when he’ll return…

My fanfic speculation was Tom just wanted to get through this season until his next opportunity. His contract was structured in a way to “free him” from Tampa after the season. Did he get to camp and realize he didn’t couldn’t fake it? Did he lose his love for the game? Is someone sick? Did Giselle flip shit about wasting time at TC? Was this already planned?

Who freaking knows
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

And more importantly why care so much?

He led us to a SB victory with basically no camp or preseason while learning an entirely new offense: scheme and personnel.

We good.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:45 pm And more importantly why care so much?

He led us to a SB victory with basically no camp or preseason while learning an entirely new offense: scheme and personnel.

We good.
You do realize there's a MAJOR difference between 32 teams going through the same circumstances and 1 team going through a unique circumstance?

I'm not even saying there's reason to worry but trying to equate those 2 situations is stupid.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:45 pm And more importantly why care so much?

We good.
You do realize there's a MAJOR difference between 32 teams going through the same circumstances and 1 team going through a unique circumstance?

I'm not even saying there's reason to worry but trying to equate those 2 situations is stupid.

You could say the same thing about trying to equate 31 other quarterbacks with this one.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:03 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 pm

You could say the same thing about trying to equate 31 other quarterbacks with this one.
Ironically you're making a point but not the one you think. What has separated Brady from everyone else is his preparation. Out working any and everyone on the field and off the field.

That's obviously not happening right now, so it is a departure from what's made him the player he is.