NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Re: NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:54 am
Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:49 am

I disagree. Miami's draft picks did quite well this year. You're right about the situation being messy as half the front office wants to bring in DeShaun Watson from Houston.

That being said, if the Dolphins owner can land Jim Harbaugh, Grier's job could be in jeopardy.
Yea about that..

This move wasn't made to get Harbaugh.
I seriously doubt that and so do a lot of people. Ross and Harbaugh both went to Michigan. If Ross gives Harbaugh what he wants, Harbaugh will come. Even if it means getting rid of GM Grier.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:54 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:34 am
Whoa.

People were crowning this dude for a long ass time too.

Apparently turning the ship around was too little too late.
At this point they still are. Dolphins management is in disarray. Their GM hasn't made bad move after bad move but Stephen Ross loves him.

Flores should have no issues getting another job.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:56 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:54 am

Yea about that..

This move wasn't made to get Harbaugh.
I seriously doubt that and so do a lot of people. Ross and Harbaugh both went to Michigan. If Ross gives Harbaugh what he wants, Harbaugh will come. Even if it means getting rid of GM Grier.
Word is Ross doesn't want Harbaugh to leave Michigan because it makes Michigan a worse team.
Snake

Post by Snake »

If we won a ring this season and Arians decided to retire, how would you feel about hiring Flores?

They were legit in the midst of a 5 year rebuild. One of the worst rosters ever when he started.

I could see how this smells like an incompetent FO move.

Perhaps they hire Harbaugh or something like that and we forget about Flores. Or maybe they suck even worse going forward.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:15 am I could see how this smells like an incompetent FO move.
So could I, for one reason... Ross. That guy is a complete disaster of an NFL owner. He can fuck up a cup of coffee when it comes to making ownership decisions.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Snake

Post by Snake »

Ownership/FO: “we want Watson. It’s gonna happen.”

Flores: “I’m not feeling it.”

*fired*
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Damn, didn't see Flores getting fired. What's the Dolphins plan? They bungled the Tua thing and now they're making a regime change once again.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:19 am Ownership/FO: “we want Watson. It’s gonna happen.”

Flores: “I’m not feeling it.”

*fired*
Sounds about right honestly
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Flores is being connected with the Texans already. Mills seems to be at least a somewhat promising rookie QB and Houston could end with a haul of picks from Miami for Watson. Would be poetic if Flores gets hired by the Texans and wins games using players acquired from Miami's Watson trade.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 am Damn, didn't see Flores getting fired. What's the Dolphins plan? They bungled the Tua thing and now they're making a regime change once again.
They don't have one.

Ross & Grier are running a shit show.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread

Post by Dread »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:15 am If we won a ring this season and Arians decided to retire, how would you feel about hiring Flores?
I'd be open to the idea b/c I believe our next HC should be have a defensive background since the Bucs will be transitioning to a post-Brady era.

The strength of the roster will be the Oline and defense imo, which aligns well with that kind of coach that can provide the best environment possible for a young QB to develop and have success.

The Bucs need to see what the Patriots did this season with Mac Jones in terms of what moves to make for a life after Brady.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:43 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 am Damn, didn't see Flores getting fired. What's the Dolphins plan? They bungled the Tua thing and now they're making a regime change once again.
They don't have one.

Ross & Grier are running a shit show.
Probably a relief for Flores to be free from that clown show.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:48 am
Snake wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:15 am If we won a ring this season and Arians decided to retire, how would you feel about hiring Flores?
I'd be open to the idea b/c I believe our next HC should be have a defensive background since the Bucs will be transitioning to a post-Brady era.

The strength of the roster will be the Oline and defense imo, which aligns well with that kind of coach that can provide the best environment possible for a young QB to develop and have success.

The Bucs need to see what the Patriots did this season with Mac Jones in terms of what moves to make for a life after Brady.
Is Josh Rosen still available
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Situation brewing with the Giants. Conference call with Joe Judge and players at noon today. Players reportedly want him gone.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:24 am Situation brewing with the Giants. Conference call with Joe Judge and players at noon today. Players reportedly want him gone.
He's gotta go I have to believe.

Giants should hire Brian Flores. He's from Brooklyn and played and coached in the northeastern US prior to taking the Miami HC job.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Firing Brian Flores is a huge mistake.

Dolphins can't stop shooting themselves in the dick.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Open jobs;

Jaguars (Meyer)
Dolphins (Flores)
Broncos (Fangio)
Bears (Nagy) GM fired also
Vikings (Zimmer) GM fired also

Teams to watch;

Giants (likely to fire both GM and HC)
Raiders (interim HC Rich Bisaccia has done great, but they'll interview others)
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Not HC related but..

Dread

Post by Dread »

I still think the Jaguars an attractive job for a new HC.

They are armed with the #1 overall pick with some high end EDGE rushers available, Trevor Lawrence with 4 more years of cost control, tons of cap space, and an owner with deep pockets that wants to spend.

They literally just need people in the FO to make good roster decisions (GM Trent Balke built a good 49ers team once upon a time) and NFL caliber coaches to develop young talent.

They need alot, but expectations will be low and having a QB like Lawrence and EDGE rushers like Josh Allen along with whoever they draft #1 overall are some solid pieces.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:57 am Not HC related but..

"Retire or be fired"
Snake

Post by Snake »

Ownership/FO: “we’re thinking about going a diffe-“

Gettleman: “I quit!”
Dread

Post by Dread »

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

They were legit in the midst of a 5 year rebuild. One of the worst rosters ever when he started.

I could see how this smells like an incompetent FO move.

Perhaps they hire Harbaugh or something like that and we forget about Flores. Or maybe they suck even worse going forward.
If Arians retired I would prefer Flores over either coordinator we have now.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:08 pm I still think the Jaguars an attractive job for a new HC.

They are armed with the #1 overall pick with some high end EDGE rushers available, Trevor Lawrence with 4 more years of cost control, tons of cap space, and an owner with deep pockets that wants to spend.

They literally just need people in the FO to make good roster decisions (GM Trent Balke built a good 49ers team once upon a time) and NFL caliber coaches to develop young talent.

They need alot, but expectations will be low and having a QB like Lawrence and EDGE rushers like Josh Allen along with whoever they draft #1 overall are some solid pieces.
Trent Balke is reportedly an insufferable individual to work with. This speaking from his 49ers days. He's the reason 1st of all Harbaugh left and why they couldn't get good coaching candidates to even talk to them.

Furthermore, the roster for worse after Baalke officially took over GM duties, with the exception of the 2010 draft. I believe McCloughan stepped down after that season.

Good luck to any coach working with that.

Edit: But to Baalke's "credit" he is the ultimate kiss ass and will stroke an owners ego raw. He was basically bed buddies with York and is probably the same with Khan.
Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Weird league
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:22 pm
Dread wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:08 pm I still think the Jaguars an attractive job for a new HC.

Trent Balke is reportedly an insufferable individual to work with. This speaking from his 49ers days. He's the reason 1st of all Harbaugh left and why they couldn't get good coaching candidates to even talk to them.

Furthermore, the roster for worse after Baalke officially took over GM duties, with the exception of the 2010 draft. I believe McCloughan stepped down after that season.

Good luck to any coach working with that.
Yeah, I'm not a Bakle fan. But not very familiar either other than his draft history has 49ers GM which wasn't that bad. But perhaps that was more Harbaugh developing talent. We know it takes both.

The Jags needs a HC and coaching staff that is focused on teaching/developing rather that being worried about getting some fancy play-caller.

I like ex-Vikings GM Rick Speilman. He always seemed to have a good eye for talent and seems easy to work with.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:28 pm

Weird league
What a disaster for the Giants. Judge has no business being the Giants HC.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Weird league
That Mara family has always cautioned on the side of stability. But I agree that Judge doesn't deserve a third season. That Giants team is not trending in a positive direction and they just kicked the can down the road another year.

Perhaps they want stability around Daniel Jones since 2022.

It's dumb and in hindsight they will regret it most likely.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:22 pm Edit: But to Baalke's "credit" he is the ultimate kiss ass and will stroke an owners ego raw. He was basically bed buddies with York and is probably the same with Khan.
I have had to deal with some supervisors who would fit that description. Unqualified ass munchers who only have skill with kissing their bosses ass. Some of them, thanks to my skill and dedication to the company, never got exposed.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:34 pm

Weird league
That Mara family has always cautioned on the side of stability. But I agree that Judge doesn't deserve a third season. That Giants team is not trending in a positive direction and they just kicked the can down the road another year.

Perhaps they want stability around Daniel Jones since 2022.

It's dumb and in hindsight they will regret it most likely.
Kinda reminds me of us keeping Koetter for a 3rd year. Like us, their last 2 coaches have lasted only 2 seasons. So even though there's no light at the end of the tunnel, they'll try to save face in a 3rd year and hope things turn around. But we all know what the end result will be.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I tend to give head coaches the benefit of the doubt. And think they get fired too early. Can’t say I feel that way about Judge. Moving on from Jones, Judge, and Gettleman would’ve been a clean slate.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:52 pm I tend to give head coaches the benefit of the doubt. And think they get fired too early. Can’t say I feel that way about Judge. Moving on from Jones, Judge, and Gettleman would’ve been a clean slate.
Yep. Saquon too. He's not going to be a star there. They need to tear the entire operation down.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:52 pm I tend to give head coaches the benefit of the doubt. And think they get fired too early. Can’t say I feel that way about Judge. Moving on from Jones, Judge, and Gettleman would’ve been a clean slate.
They're committed to Jones for 1 more season (along with Saquan to some degree). So perhaps the logic is to just keep them together for continuity/stability sake.

When they go 5-13 next season they can clean house completely.

The Giants do have the 5th and 7th (from Chicago) overall picks in the draft this April