Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Digital_Damage

Re: Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

Post by Digital_Damage »

Snake wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:05 pm To use the Parcells analogy:

Licht buys the ingredients. Bowles does the cooking.

If you know you’re gonna get dry chicken every week (Goedeke/Hainsey), you should probably change up your approach with how you feature or implement the chicken. The dry chicken isn’t gonna miraculously become moist and great. No matter how many times you yell at it or give it a motivational speech.
The difference of a mediocre head coach/OC and a great head coach/OC.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Whatever ails the team it appears that there may be something in the locker room affecting the ailment. The vacations et al cannot be discounted.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Speaking of accountability...
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

The old guard QBs appears to be officially done this year

Rothlisberger retired
Matt Ryan now benched
Russ looks cooked and may go down as one of the worst all time trades.
Rodgers looking bad without Adams

And Brady can't score more than 3 points against arguably the worst team in the NFL.

The future is now.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:26 pm The old guard QBs appears to be officially done this year

Rothlisberger retired
Matt Ryan now benched

And Brady can't score more than 3 points against arguably the worst team in the NFL.

The future is now.
Stafford as well.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I got nothin....

Too much talent on this team to play soooo badly
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:54 pm
Dread wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:51 pm
Yeah, let's get rid of Mike Evans. He's a BUM!

/blue
So if Evans admitted he quit on the team because of his drop, you're okay with that?
Nuance may be difficult concept for you, but I'm somewhere between being "okay with that" and wanted to get rid of, or even benching a player like Mike Evans b/c of it.

It certainly didn't reflect well on Mike to comment like that, but we all have bad days.
Dread

Post by Dread »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:26 pm The old guard QBs appears to be officially done this year

Rothlisberger retired
Matt Ryan now benched

The future is now.
Very true. The older QBs are all eating shit this season so far. Odd how they are doing shitty.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:28 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:54 pm

So if Evans admitted he quit on the team because of his drop, you're okay with that?
Nuance may be difficult concept for you, but I'm somewhere between being "okay with that" and wanted to get rid of, or even benching a player like Mike Evans b/c of it.

It certainly didn't reflect well on Mike to comment like that, but we all have bad days.
Nuance is sort of irrelevant and a cop out. Especially when said player admitted he quit. But by all means, keep declecting.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:38 pm
Dread wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:28 pm

Nuance is sort of irrelevant and a cop out. Especially when said player admitted he quit. But by all means, keep declecting.
There are more than 2 perspectives on pretty much every issue. A big indicator of laziness and/or ignorance is to reduce everything into a black or white dichotomy.

If the perspective of not wanting to Mike Evans "out of here" while also not having his comments sit well with me is too much for you to comprehend, just say so. But I'm not going to get rid of a HoF WR in his prime over a bad game and bad body language.

Deflecting would be not answering the question. I just didn't choose one of your black or white options.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

I don't understand Mike's reaction. He was WIDE OPEN. The ball hit his hands and he dropped it.

I would seem more appropriate to think "Man, I was WIDE OPEN!... Let's do it again!" It's not like Mike got plowed on the way to the ball.

Are these guys thinking that there's some Voodoo shit going on? "Oh, it's just not our day??"

Brady hasn't been the same guy since the mini-vacay. I dunno if all the divorce stuff occured then, but the total lack of give-a-fuck is troubling. And I bet it IS affecting his relationship with his team and his coaching staff. All of a sudden, we're without a strong leader. We are back to the Pre-Sapp days.

Weve lost steerageway. Bowles looking like pre-beard Lovie. Leftwich is completely lost, as well, but this is primarily a player-attitude issue. Coaches cannot change that, players themselves have to.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

How many times are you going to flip/flop, Bootz? Earlier in this thread you were adamant that professional athletes don’t need to be motivated to do their jobs.
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:51 pmGrown ass men making millions need motivation to do their jobs?? :lol: :lol:
Followed by a condescending double down…
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:00 pmTell me what a motivated football player looks like.
For a guy who allegedly believes pro athletes don’t need motivation to do their jobs, it’s interesting that you‘ve spilled quite a bit of digital ink over the past several pages discussing players quitting, even going so far as to offer two spectacular examples.
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:22 am…Vontae Davis. Quit at halftime because he didn't like the direction. Antonio Brown, we all know what happened there...
But in typical Bootz fashion, you posted this AFTER definitively stating that it’s “laughable” to believe a professional athlete would quit in such a manner.
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am…And it's laughable if you believe any football player would have the guts to quit publicly in that manner.
For a guy who thinks he’s so condescendingly smart, you sure do flip/flop and contradict yourself quite a bit.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:49 pm How many times are you going to flip/flop, Bootz? Earlier in this thread you were adamant that professional athletes don’t need to be motivated to do their jobs.
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:51 pmGrown ass men making millions need motivation to do their jobs?? :lol: :lol:
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:00 pmTell me what a motivated football player looks like.
For a guy who allegedly believes pro athletes don’t need motivation to do their jobs, it’s interesting that you‘ve spilled quite a bit of digital ink over the past several pages discussing players quitting, even going so far as to offer two spectacular examples.
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:22 am…Vontae Davis. Quit at halftime because he didn't like the direction. Antonio Brown, we all know what happened there...
But in typical Bootz fashion, you posted this AFTER definitively stating that it’s “laughable” to believe a professional athlete would quit in such a manner.
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am…And it's laughable if you believe any football player would have the guts to quit publicly in that manner.
For a guy who thinks he’s so condescendingly smart, you sure do flip/flop and contradict yourself quite a bit.
If that needs explaining to you, you're somehow even dumber than I thought. Maybe @Snake can explain it since he's co-signing. Then again he'd co-sign with Stalin if he thought it meant getting one over on me. So I got nothing for the stupid, kiddo.

We move on.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:10 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:49 pm How many times are you going to flip/flop, Bootz? Earlier in this thread you were adamant that professional athletes don’t need to be motivated to do their jobs.

If that needs explaining to you, you're somehow even dumber than I thought. Maybe @Snake can explain it since he's co-signing. Then again he'd co-sign with Stalin if he thought it meant getting one over on me. So I got nothing for the stupid, kiddo.

We move on.
lol, prideful surrender noted.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This isn't a coaching issue. Good job by the Panthers but this shouldn't happen.

vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

lol
Snake

Post by Snake »

We move on.
I just upvote all the drama. Nothing more than that!
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Snake wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:25 pm

We move on.
I just upvote all the drama. Nothing more than that!
Exactly what a Stalin co-sign would say! :lol:
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:36 pmWhat's blatantly obvious is the lack of accountability.
When a collective unit is vastly underperforming over and over again, which the Bucs are, it's leadership that gets held accountable. That's how it works in business, the military, or just about any enterprise you come across.
You must not have been in the business world for very long.

What book did you read with that bullshit in it?
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:19 pm This isn't a coaching issue. Good job by the Panthers but this shouldn't happen.

Best case scenario there is we get 2 yards for a 3rd and 8, then an incomplete forced pass on yet another 3rd and long.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Accountability is a function of blame, not fault, even though the two get used interchangeably.

The blame? As they say, there's plenty to go around. It's not a zero sum game. We can blame the coaches, the players, and the administration.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
McFan

Post by McFan »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:32 pm The older QBs are all eating shit this season so far. Odd how they are doing shitty.
With basic digestive principles being applied, I'd postulate that it's because of all the shit they are eating.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Heisenberg wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:39 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:19 pm This isn't a coaching issue. Good job by the Panthers but this shouldn't happen.

Best case scenario there is we get 2 yards for a 3rd and 8, then an incomplete forced pass on yet another 3rd and long.
To me this play is a perfect example of bad bad play calling, and by extension, bad coaching.

We are HISTORICALLY bad at running the ball. We have the worst EPA per run dating back a decade.

So what does Leftwich call? A run play when it's 2nd and 10 that results in yardage loss, creating a low percentage 3rd and long.

This tells me that Leftwich is incapable of adapting his playcalling to the context of our team. Based on how poorly were running the ball, it's malpractice to run with an OBVIOUS running formation on 2nd and 10 given the expected outcome.

So we should be passing it instead, right? Well we do pass at a very high rate, does anyone see an ounce of evolution in our passing attack? Have you seen a single clever route design in order to scheme guys open? Or does our passing attack look like the same stale vanilla shit that we've been running for years now?

@Nobody has already waxed on about our inability to adopt different passing concepts into our offense. It's been that way since Arians and Leftwich arrived.

Yes it worked when we had the best roster in the league. We could bully and brute force so this Madden offense functioned.

But that's not the case anymore, and zero adjustments or evolutions have been made to compensate.

Bad play calling. Bad coaching.
Last edited by BucsNBills on Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nybf

Post by nybf »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:49 pm How many times are you going to flip/flop, Bootz?
Every time possible. And if he's not getting enough bites on the flop, he goes back to the flip.
McFan

Post by McFan »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:49 pmHow many times are you going to flip/flop, Bootz?
Your statement, though intended to convey your frustration with this poster, is misguided from this standpoint: People who express condescending attitudes mostly do so to overtly camouflage the reality that they really don't know very much on the very subject they are condescendingly addressing.

or, of course, this also:
nybf wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:01 am ... if he's not getting enough bites on the flop, he goes back to the flip.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Sir Brian, is it Sir or Ser, I can never recall, anyway, Your Grace, your attempt to apply rational....well, rationale to anything related to that individual (being multiple people, or split personalities would explain quite a great deal) is slightly disappointing, after all this time. Most here just expect the behavior our friend from NY described. That, along with the proven-by-example behavior that he/she/they feel compelled to post in seemingly every thread, over the life of several boards so far, whether he/she/they have anything relatable to type. I believe the "professional" term is compulsion, although I am likely incorrect, what with not being experienced in that fascinating field of study.
Push the damned button already!
McFan

Post by McFan »

IronDog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:41 am Sir Brian, is it Sir or Ser, I can never recall, anyway, Your Grace, your attempt to apply rational....well, rationale to anything related to that individual (being multiple people, or split personalities would explain quite a great deal) is slightly disappointing, after all this time. Most here just expect the behavior our friend from NY described. That, along with the proven-by-example behavior that he/she/they feel compelled to post in seemingly every thread, over the life of several boards so far, whether he/she/they have anything relatable to type. I believe the "professional" term is compulsion, although I am likely incorrect, what with not being experienced in that fascinating field of study.
Fair enough. Being semi-retired from "Message Boards", I'm not totally up to date with some of the newer (for me) individuals and their styles. So I bow to your observation. And it is "Sir" mostly due to me not knowing what the hell "Ser" is... :)
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

MJW wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:57 am Accountability is a function of blame, not fault, even though the two get used interchangeably.

The blame? As they say, there's plenty to go around. It's not a zero sum game. We can blame the coaches, the players, and the administration.
And most of us have been doing just that. Blaming all 3 at one point or another. But there's one poster in here that accuses everyone of not blaming whichever of the 3 they don't mention in any particular post.
Don't tread on me
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Moozician wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:29 pm I don't understand Mike's reaction. He was WIDE OPEN. The ball hit his hands and he dropped it.

I would seem more appropriate to think "Man, I was WIDE OPEN!... Let's do it again!" It's not like Mike got plowed on the way to the ball.

Are these guys thinking that there's some Voodoo shit going on? "Oh, it's just not our day??"

Brady hasn't been the same guy since the mini-vacay. I dunno if all the divorce stuff occured then, but the total lack of give-a-fuck is troubling. And I bet it IS affecting his relationship with his team and his coaching staff. All of a sudden, we're without a strong leader. We are back to the Pre-Sapp days.

Weve lost steerageway. Bowles looking like pre-beard Lovie. Leftwich is completely lost, as well, but this is primarily a player-attitude issue. Coaches cannot change that, players themselves have to.
I'm pretty much on this page at this point. The team has been disjointed, seemingly, since Brady unretired. The vacation thing didn't help nor did the wedding thing. I suspect some locker room issues at this point.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:16 pm
Ledyard has a good explanation as to why

Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

I wonder if Brady could have been working on that with White. There was a 15 day stretch that would have been a good time to do so.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:13 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:16 pm
Ledyard has a good explanation as to why

The concept is fine, given that explanation. The throw is the problem here. If he's back shouldering that, he needs to stick it on White. But trailing backwards and throwing off his back foot, it sailed on him. A little better throw gives white a chance there .
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Onthebrink wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:31 pm I wonder if Brady could have been working on that with White. There was a 15 day stretch that would have been a good time to do so.
That's the sort of questions I'm asking myself.....