Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: 3rd Straight Home Game Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Four Verticals

Re: Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: 3rd Straight Home Game Edition

Post by Four Verticals »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:05 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:02 pm Think that was a Tua call. Tua's second concussion was on the same sort of tackle. Definitely wasn't roughing, but the play before was definitely pass interference. Bad call cancels out a missed call.
Tua was slammed into the turf. Jarrett rolled over with Brady wrapped up. Boger continues to show why he's one of the worst refs in football.
The Tua play was the reason this was a roughing call. Brady's shoulder hit instead of his head. I wouldn't have thought it was a penalty until the Tua hit was shown over and over for a week.

Also, Boger's a boob. I don't think anyone disputes that and we can probably spend the rest of this week going through all of the other shit they got wrong during the game. This call just happened to be the last of them.
Pirate Life

Re: Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: 3rd Straight Home Game Edition

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:58 pm @Pirate Life That call wasn't even correct according to the letter of the rule. There was no grasp. AJ didn't encircle Evans. Didn't extend his arm. Was there contact? Yes. It didn't impede Evans. You listed the rules and none of them apply to that call.
1) He had his arms around him at one point. That’s encircling, not permitted.

2) He was behind Evans after Evans made his cut, had his hands on his back which negates the five yard legal contact rule since the defender has to stay in front of the receiver and by the rules cannot chuck in the back.

Ticky tack yes. But not a horrible call like the next two were.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:08 pm Refs need to explain that shit. Horrible. Falcons should’ve had the ball again.
Other than the uncalled DPI against Miller the play before I would agree with you. It is more likely with a competent officiating crew that the Buccaneers would have scored 7 before the Falcons got the ball back.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:29 pm That was flat out embarrassing. I'm embarrassed to win that way. I wish there was a way we could refuse to accept a "penalty".

We might have won anyway?

Yeah, that's kind of the point, shame we didn't get to play it out without getting superstar treatment from the refs.
I would go with that if you could force the official to call the DPI they missed on the play before. But you do you and whine about a win.
LFAHFN22

Post by LFAHFN22 »

Everyone bitching about the manner in which we won clearly doesn't understand football.

You take the W through your growing pains any chance you get, and then you move on. Live to fight another day.

You learn this very quickly watching the Patriots through the first quarter of any given season.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I don’t care how they lost. Fuck the Falcons.
Don't tread on me
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:11 am I would go with that if you could force the official to call the DPI they missed on the play before. But you do you and whine about a win.
I'm not discussing previous calls, they have nothing to do with the one I am commenting on nor should it have anything to do with this call.

And for sure I'm not whining, it's great to win. And that's kind of the point, we didn't need the officials to gift us the win.

Again, we might have won anyway, damn shame we won't get the chance to prove it.

And BTW before every kid that never played football, doesn't really understand the game or respect the game rushes out to support the call.....

I get it, I expect that from chicks, Burger King clerks and casuals. You barely know what you are watching, I expect it to be fine with you all.

For me I played the game I love and I AM SICK of the pampered bullshit they use these days to overprotect QB's. How in fuck do you tackle a QB if this was illegal??

And lastly had we lost a game this way or at least our chance to win a game, when say Barret sacked a QB this exact way I would be absolutely LIVID!

And FTR so would this guy and others that have little understanding and/or love for the game of football.

I tend to stay objective, I call it the same both ways. I've posted the refs have screwed us before and they have, this time they screwed the Falcons and their chance to win.....

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

And BTW for the rest of the season the other HC's are going to use this against us, or at least try to.

They will stroll over nice and friendly before the game and ask "are we allowed to touch Brady" today?

With a smile on their face of course.

And the league will notice as well.

There will be a lot of attention on this, for sure brought to the light over and over again.

For sure the "Bucs and Brady are getting a pass from the officials" will be used against us here on out.....

A story was created where one was never needed in the first place.

We move on.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Patty is way too soft in his old age.
Patrick McIrish

Wish I had a spring roll...err.... I mean quarter for every time I've heard that one.

Double digit body fat now it's literally the truth. :(
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:11 am I would go with that if you could force the official to call the DPI they missed on the play before. But you do you and whine about a win.
I'm not discussing previous calls, they have nothing to do with the one I am commenting on nor should it have anything to do with this call.
Why talk about ANY past calls? Why focus on that one?
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm And for sure I'm not whining, it's great to win. And that's kind of the point, we didn't need the officials to gift us the win.
I agree. We could have just asked the officials to get the call correct on the previous play.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm Again, we might have won anyway, damn shame we won't get the chance to prove it.
I am not sure what game you were watching, but Atlanta still had a chance after that call.

(2:56) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to M.Evans.
(2:53) L.Fournette up the middle to ATL 27 for 5 yards (R.Evans).
(2:46) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to M.Evans to ATL 18 for 9 yards (A.Terrell).

The Atlanta defense had a much better chance to win based on the BS roughing call. If the DPI had been called properly their chance of winning was much worse.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm And BTW before every kid that never played football, doesn't really understand the game or respect the game rushes out to support the call.....

I get it, I expect that from chicks, Burger King clerks and casuals. You barely know what you are watching, I expect it to be fine with you all.

For me I played the game I love and I AM SICK of the pampered bullshit they use these days to overprotect QB's. How in fuck do you tackle a QB if this was illegal??
Dude, playing Tecmo Superbowl does not count. :P

Yeah, I played the game too. I, in fact, played defensive end. So, I get what you are talking about. Still like MOST coaches say. Good teams don't whine when calls don't go their way. If you were good the call would not have mattered.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm And lastly had we lost a game this way or at least our chance to win a game, when say Barret sacked a QB this exact way I would be absolutely LIVID!

And FTR so would this guy and others that have little understanding and/or love for the game of football.

I tend to stay objective, I call it the same both ways. I've posted the refs have screwed us before and they have, this time they screwed the Falcons and their chance to win.....
I am mad about bad calls. I am mad about the missed DPI. I am mad about the roughing call. The difference is you are crying about one call. One call that may or may not have made a difference. The Falcons had a chance after that call. They failed. It was not this call and then 3 kneel downs. You, like the media idiots, are focused on the call isolated from reality. I won't bother insulting you like you did to everyone else with an opinion by making BS claims about your experience.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm We move on.
It would be nice if you would. Might I suggest the Atlanta Falcons Message boards.
MRM

Post by MRM »

Can we get some better play calling with the lead? Those play calls early in the 4th quarter were terrible. At least try some jet sweeps, push passes, or something low risk that isn't an expected run play.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Playcalling wasn’t the issue in the 4th. Quite honestly I doubt anyone knows what the actual play calls were.

The issue in the 2nd half was playing hurry up with a 3 score lead. Burn clock. Run the ball. Slow things down. After we scored a TD to go up 21-0 our next 3 drives totaled 9 plays and took 3 minutes total off the clock. That can’t happen with a lead.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:28 am Playcalling wasn’t the issue in the 4th. Quite honestly I doubt anyone knows what the actual play calls were.

The issue in the 2nd half was playing hurry up with a 3 score lead. Burn clock. Run the ball. Slow things down. After we scored a TD to go up 21-0 our next 3 drives totaled 9 plays and took 3 minutes total off the clock. That can’t happen with a lead.
After watching the game today, I agree completely and it's my largest critique. Take the air outta the ball and speed up the game when you're up that much. By all means keep trying to convert third downs and score points, but take your damn time. With a 20+ point lead in the second half, the clock is as much the enemy as the other team.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

And for sure I'm not whining, it's great to win. And that's kind of the point, we didn't need the officials to gift us the win.

Again, we might have won anyway, damn shame we won't get the chance to prove it.

And BTW before every kid that never played football, doesn't really understand the game or respect the game rushes out to support the call.....

And lastly had we lost a game this way or at least our chance to win a game, when say Barret sacked a QB this exact way I would be absolutely LIVID!

We move on.
I have not played the game in any organized fashion other than flag football, but I agree 100% with you here. It was a horrible call and, regardless of how that official tried to justify it in that interview, he was wrong. But this is the mamby-pamby bs they think people want in the game these days, I guess. We either live with it or we can stop watching the game. In the meantime, expect this call to go against in the very near future.
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Aaron Rodgers
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:25 pmAaron Rodgers
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:28 pm
I think mdb bot glitched.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:16 pm

I think mdb bot glitched.
mdb can at least put together complete, albeit 96% of the time incoherent sentences. Phantom honestly reminds me of Plinkobot most of the time.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 pm

Why talk about ANY past calls? Why focus on that one?
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm And for sure I'm not whining, it's great to win. And that's kind of the point, we didn't need the officials to gift us the win.
I agree. We could have just asked the officials to get the call correct on the previous play.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm Again, we might have won anyway, damn shame we won't get the chance to prove it.
I am not sure what game you were watching, but Atlanta still had a chance after that call.

(2:56) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to M.Evans.
(2:53) L.Fournette up the middle to ATL 27 for 5 yards (R.Evans).
(2:46) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to M.Evans to ATL 18 for 9 yards (A.Terrell).

The Atlanta defense had a much better chance to win based on the BS roughing call. If the DPI had been called properly their chance of winning was much worse.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm And BTW before every kid that never played football, doesn't really understand the game or respect the game rushes out to support the call.....

Dude, playing Tecmo Superbowl does not count. :P

Yeah, I played the game too. I, in fact, played defensive end. So, I get what you are talking about. Still like MOST coaches say. Good teams don't whine when calls don't go their way. If you were good the call would not have mattered.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm And lastly had we lost a game this way or at least our chance to win a game, when say Barret sacked a QB this exact way I would be absolutely LIVID!

I am mad about bad calls. I am mad about the missed DPI. I am mad about the roughing call. The difference is you are crying about one call. One call that may or may not have made a difference. The Falcons had a chance after that call. They failed. It was not this call and then 3 kneel downs. You, like the media idiots, are focused on the call isolated from reality. I won't bother insulting you like you did to everyone else with an opinion by making BS claims about your experience.
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:35 pm We move on.
It would be nice if you would. Might I suggest the Atlanta Falcons Message boards.
Lmao - you tell em’ 13
I said what I said

Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

@13F11B is absolutely right that that one penalty was not THE reason the falcons lost.

They Falcons lost because, 1) the Bucs had 7 more first downs, 2) the Bucs had 14 more plays, 3) the Bucs had 158 more yards of offense, and 4) the Bucs defense sacked their QB 5 times.

The Bucs almost lost because, 1) they only managed 69 rushing yards, 2) they were 2 for 5 in the red zone, and 3 they lost the time of possession battle.

And top reason the Falcons lost, as we all know, is because they were outscored.

Not all wins will be pretty, but all losses are ugly. So take this win, Bucs fans, and let’s move on to Pittsburgh. :)
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:05 pm @13F11B is absolutely right that that one penalty was not THE reason the falcons lost.

They Falcons lost because, 1) the Bucs had 7 more first downs, 2) the Bucs had 14 more plays, 3) the Bucs had 158 more yards of offense, and 4) the Bucs defense sacked their QB 5 times.

The Bucs almost lost because, 1) they only managed 69 rushing yards, 2) they were 2 for 5 in the red zone, and 3 they lost the time of possession battle.

And top reason the Falcons lost, as we all know, is because they were outscored.

Not all wins will be pretty, but all losses are ugly. So take this win, Bucs fans, and let’s move on to Pittsburgh. :)
He also absolutely refuted a point not 1 person made here.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Obviously, I posted in a wrong thread, Don't get your panties in a twist.

Carry on
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:05 pm @13F11B is absolutely right that that one penalty was not THE reason the falcons lost.

Actually, and this should be blatantly obvious, they lost for one reason, and one reason only.....the Falcons lost because the Bucs had 6 more points when the clock struck Cinderella. At least you wrote that, even if only as an "in passing" afterthought.
Push the damned button already!