Shame of the Game- Falcons

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Shame of the Game- Falcons

Post by Defense5599 »

My Shame of the Game goes to defensive coordinator Todd Bowles. His unit got torched for over 300 yards and that includes a cheap score at the end of the first half where they picked up three consecutive penalties and they were also Kyle Pitts's bitch. They need to get their act together because next week, Brady will have difficulty bailing them out
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Re: Shame of the Game- Falcons

Post by King Bootz »

This secondary is very bad if the pass rush doesn't get home.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Mike Edwards’ interceptions hide the secondary’s vulnerability today, but yes they deserve blame.

Also the defensive front 4 needs to get pressure without blitzing. Some QB will destroy us for blitzing if that’s the only way to bring pressure.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm Also the defensive front 4 needs to get pressure without blitzing. Some QB will destroy us for blitzing if that’s the only way to bring pressure.
This was the reason behind my criticism of Shaq & JPP today. Yes, they had 1 play that unfortunately was called back by the refs. But what about the rest of the game? The pressure simply was not getting there enough to disrupt Ryan. As a result this secondary got exposed.

Doesn't really get any easier. The pass rush needs to step up.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:35 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm Also the defensive front 4 needs to get pressure without blitzing. Some QB will destroy us for blitzing if that’s the only way to bring pressure.
This was the reason behind my criticism of Shaq & JPP today. Yes, they had 1 play that unfortunately was called back by the refs. But what about the rest of the game? The pressure simply was not getting there enough to disrupt Ryan. As a result this secondary got exposed.

They will get better. I would like to see how #9 looked out there as well.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:36 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:35 pm

They will get better. I would like to see how #9 looked out there as well.
Not good. At this stage of his career, he's just logging snaps. Rushing the passer, tackles are handling him with ease. He doesn't use his hands, his bullrush gets stood up. In the event he does get around the edge, I recall once today, he wipes himself out of the play. JTS has a loooooooong way to go.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

No one is going to mention RoJo? From that piss poor effort of not getting that first down to his complete whiffing in pass protection, I am finally starting to come around on trading him for a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 pm No one is going to mention RoJo? From that piss poor effort of not getting that first down to his complete whiffing in pass protection, I am finally starting to come around on trading him for a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos.
i’m with you. that complete whiff on the blitz pickup was pure lack of effort and inexcusable. consequently, the defender had a full head of steam straight at our 44 year old qb.

he’s probably in BA’s long term doghouse and i’d bet lenny just assumed the starting job and the bulk of future carries.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 pm No one is going to mention RoJo? From that piss poor effort of not getting that first down to his complete whiffing in pass protection, I am finally starting to come around on trading him for a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos.
RoJo hasn’t been the same since he got injured late in the year last year. He was about to get 1000 yards and seemed to have the job on lockdown but he keeps making key mistakes and isn’t doing much to make up for it. Tbh I don’t think Lenny has been much better but he’s definitely the better option at the moment. I think a fresh start across the board at RB in 2022 is a strong possibility.
accidentw8ing2happen

Post by accidentw8ing2happen »

If Godwin didn't knock that ball out of bounds Fournette would be on the shit list again too.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

The right side of the o-line had a game to forget.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:01 pm
RoJo hasn’t been the same since he got injured late in the year last year. He was about to get 1000 yards and seemed to have the job on lockdown but he keeps making key mistakes and isn’t doing much to make up for it. Tbh I don’t think Lenny has been much better but he’s definitely the better option at the moment. I think a fresh start across the board at RB in 2022 is a strong possibility.

Maybe. I wouldn't mind Lenny staying just because Tom clearly trusts him in pass pro. That and the bill is going to come due next year on a lot of our vets. We are going to have Godwin, CD3, JPP, Jenson and Cappa hitting the market next year, plus RoJo and Howard. I don't see how we have the resources to replace Lenny and Rojo both while also trying to keep or replace the likes of Godwin and CD3. Not to mention we need to groom a future replacement for Suh.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

I don't think anyone would take him at this point. Best to move on from him at season's end when he becomes a free agent. Keep Lenny and Bernard and draft a RB in the middle rounds.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
MJW

Post by MJW »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 pm My Shame of the Game goes to defensive coordinator Todd Bowles. His unit got torched for over 300 yards and that includes a cheap score at the end of the first half where they picked up three consecutive penalties and they were also Kyle Pitts's bitch. They need to get their act together because next week, Brady will have difficulty bailing them out
Blitzing doesn't work when you do it all the time. It might seem kind of badass, but a veteran QB like, say, Dak Prescott, or Matt Ryan, or Matt Stafford, is simply going to identify the hot routes and pick you apart. I got REALLY frustrated by how easily Matt Ryan was throwing past the blitz on Sunday. We're lucky he doesn't have enough arm anymore to push the ball down the field. Stafford does.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Since nobody else mentioned it, I am incredibly tired of Ryan Jensen's schtick. That could have been a very costly penalty in a close game, and a high school sophomore should have enough self-control not to commit it, much less a ten year NFL vet or whatever.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."