Welcome OL Fred Johnson

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Welcome OL Fred Johnson

Post by Defense5599 »

Bucs signing him to a one year deal. Bengals signed him a few days ago but then waived him 30 minutes later after they reached a deal with La'ell Collins. Solidifying the O-Line so they can draft defensively. I like it.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Re: Welcome OL Fred Johnson

Post by King Bootz »

Seems like an @mdb1958 approved signing.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

I know nothing about this player.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Well, he's young and has size to him. Most likely inexpensive. That's nice I guess.

Maybe he will be the sixth man in Jumbo sets?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:00 am Bucs signing him to a one year deal. Bengals signed him a few days ago but then waived him 30 minutes later after they reached a deal with La'ell Collins. Solidifying the O-Line so they can draft defensively. I like it.
Team with arguably worst o-line signs this player then immediately cuts player for a better one.
Bucs sign said player.
This is Bucs "solidifying" their o-line.
So solid they can change their draft strategy.

#Championship
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I think they were referring to the Bengals solidifying their O-line, but they're basically mdb with more punctuation so who the fuck knows.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Haeg to Wells to Johnson
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:59 am Haeg to Wells to Johnson
That puts us at 4 OT's at the moment all with question marks. I've never heard of Jonathan Hubbard either. Wirfs is coming back from injury and Smith is well Smith.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Please address this in April. Not confident in this line going forward without reinforcements
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

5 days.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 am I've never heard of Jonathan Hubbard either.
None of us have heard of Jonathan Hubbard...Which means you've definitely heard of him before. Not sure I believe you
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:46 am
mdb1958 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 am I've never heard of Jonathan Hubbard either.
None of us have heard of Jonathan Hubbard...Which means you've definitely heard of him before. Not sure I believe you
I even had to look up his nursing college, he might could even have a Creole accent. The Bucs really seem to love to do a lot of low cost/low expectation. What I'd prefer and like to hear is low cost and higher expectation. If it's there, let us hear about it, if not then please continue the search.
MJW

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:16 am
That puts us at 4 OT's at the moment all with question marks. I've never heard of Jonathan Hubbard either. Wirfs is coming back from injury and Smith is well Smith.
The battle between Johnson and Wells should be interesting. Wells has an advantage because he's taken meaningful snaps, and he's a better fit if we need a left tackle. Johnson is younger and cheaper, and he played guard at UF so he could provide depth there (not sure Wells can.)

Most likely, Wells wins the swing tackle job and Johnson goes to the practice squad. But from what I read about him during the draft process, he probably can contribute to the 53 if we need him to.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Serious Question: How often do you think Haeg thinks about his dropped TD in the Superbowl? At least once a day, right? It's like getting pulled on stage by the band and not knowing the words to the song when they point the mic at you.

(This actually happened to me at an Everclear concert in college. I knew the words - it was friggin' Everything To Everyone - but I choked.)
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

MJW wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:08 am It's like getting pulled on stage by the band and not knowing the words to the song when they point the mic at you.
Funny thing you mention that because it made me think of this:

In 1968, a group of six freshman pledges to the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity at Tuskegee University were being hazed. The initiated brothers had entered them in a talent contest and told them to just play music together as a group, even though they never had done that before. The brothers watched them as they took the stage thinking they would embarrass themselves. Instead, these six young men would go on to win the contest hands down, catch the attention of a producer from Motown Records, and go on to form a group that would win a Grammy and sell over 70 million albums worldwide. That group is The Commodores.

But wait, there's more. The Commodores were known for their Motown Funk style, but one of their lead singers didn't see eye to eye with the group because he wanted to sing mostly ballads as opposed to up tempo songs. He decided to leave The Commodores and embark on a solo career in 1982. That decision would have him go on to produce more than ten Billboard Top Ten hits, win nine Grammys, two Academy Awards, and two Golden Globes. Not to mention selling over 150 million albums worldwide. That singer's name is Lionel Richie.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Defense5599 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:41 pm
MJW wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:08 am It's like getting pulled on stage by the band and not knowing the words to the song when they point the mic at you.
Funny thing you mention that because it made me think of this:

In 1968, a group of six freshman pledges to the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity at Tuskegee University were being hazed. The initiated brothers had entered them in a talent contest and told them to just play music together as a group, even though they never had done that before. The brothers watched them as they took the stage thinking they would embarrass themselves. Instead, these six young men would go on to win the contest hands down, catch the attention of a producer from Motown Records, and go on to form a group that would win a Grammy and sell over 70 million albums worldwide. That group is The Commodores.

But wait, there's more. The Commodores were known for their Motown Funk style, but one of their lead singers didn't see eye to eye with the group because he wanted to sing mostly ballads as opposed to up tempo songs. He decided to leave The Commodores and embark on a solo career in 1982. That decision would have him go on to produce more than ten Billboard Top Ten hits, win nine Grammys, two Academy Awards, and two Golden Globes. Not to mention selling over 150 million albums worldwide. That singer's name is Lionel Richie.
Interesting post.