Welcome Logan Hall

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Welcome Logan Hall

Post by Primeminister »

Backside

Re: Welcome Logan Hall

Post by Backside »

Sorry MJW

Hopefully he’s better than Jones and an awesome Buc.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Great pick, the fact we could’ve drafted him at 27 and nobody would’ve batted an eye, and to pick up two picks in the process is even better.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bruce (I know, I know) said you don't really look to pair up two Veas. You want someone that is different. I think it's a fair BPA on their board, he's 100% cut from the cloth the FO likes. Instant starter. Good pick.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Welcome. I assume this means Suh is done here.
Nano

Post by Nano »

What the sites say about our new guy

Espn:
Pre-Draft Analysis

Hall is a disruptive interior pass-rusher who excels at shooting his hands and overwhelming interior offensive linemen with explosive power. He's strong and makes it tough for offensive linemen to get into his frame, but he's a lean interior defender with a high center of gravity. Hall has experience playing over the tackle and has enough length play there in the NFL. -- Steve Muench
Post-Draft Analysis

We have Hall listed as a defensive end, but he lined up at defensive tackle plenty in college, and Ndamukong Suh is now a free agent. Hall's quickness makes him a great complement to Vita Vea's power up the middle. -- Muench
Nfl.com:
Hard-working, two-year starter with projectable frame and developmental traits whose best positional fit could be in the eye of the beholder. Hall played defensive tackle in college, but his playing style and physical profile are better suited for defensive end in a 3-4 alignment. He's segmented and a little gradual in his attack, but flashes violent hands and forward charge as an interior rusher. Improvement lies ahead for Hall, but he needs a scheme fit and extended runway as a rotational lineman.
pff:
Hall is a bit of an oddity in a number of ways. He rings in at 6-foot-6 and 260 pounds yet played as mainly a three-technique for Houston. Even with the ideal frame for an edge defender, he still gets the job done against the run on the interior and earned a 78.0 run-defense grade this past season.
WalterFootball(why not lmao)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Logan Hall, DE/DT, Houston - A- Grade
This pick makes so much sense for the Buccaneers. Ndamukong Suh is gone, and even he re-signs, he's a shell of his former self. The Buccaneers need a young presence up front next to Vita Vea. I slotted Hall to the Buccaneers at No. 27 in my mock draft, so I like this value after Tampa Bay traded down.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Chalk. Good pick.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
BearLandBucFan

Post by BearLandBucFan »

I like it. Anytime we draft along the lines, I like the pick.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

My predraft impression of him was mixed. He has flashes of dominant play for sure, but not very consistent.

I'll do a deeper dive tonight.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I think he is a good fit for what Bowles likes to do. Smart to draft for fit when the top talent is long gone.

I’m not excited or anything, but satisfied. This is exactly what we needed, a young interior defensive lineman with upside.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:23 pm Welcome. I assume this means Suh is done here.
Certainly gives Suh less leverage. We'll see how bad Suh wants to play.

At a minimum it reduces Suh's snap count, especially on 3rd down where Logan Hall should see the field the quickest.

I think Hall is a 3T in our nickel/sub package 4 man Dline, and a 5T in base defense. We have Gholston playing at over 300lbs right now.

He doesn't look like he's fully grown into his body yet and will get stronger.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

thedraftnetwork:
Effort (Motor): Hall is an extremely urgent football player that battles through the whistle on every down. I love his energy in pursuit and he’s never passing. Hall fires off the ball with intent and brings the fight on every snap.
Love that he doesn't take snaps off.
Backside

Post by Backside »

First drafted Buc born in the 2000’s. In case you wanted to feel old.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:46 pm First drafted Buc born in the 2000’s. In case you wanted to feel old.
Prom night dumpster baby.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:46 pm First drafted Buc born in the 2000’s. In case you wanted to feel old.
This is such a mdb post
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Logan Hall grew up in a military family. He ran track and field in college, and set personal bests in the of 15.88 in the
110-meter hurdles), 43.94 in the 300-meter hurdles, 19’1.5 in the long jump and 37’9 in the triple jump as a sophomore.
SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Houston, Hall played primarily at three-technique in defensive coordinator Doug Belk’s multiple fronts, also lining up at fivetechnique, nose tackle and as an edge rusher. Arriving in Houston as a spindly, 220-pound project, he showed significant physical and mental maturation the past four
seasons and took a significant jump between his junior and senior seasons (head coach Dana Holgorsen: “He’s one of the best defensive tackles I’ve ever coached.”).
Although he played primarily inside in college, Hall has the long levers and foot quickness to be an impactful pass rusher when given a runway off the edge. He has
the body flexibility to bend, dip and attack from different angles but must continue to develop his anchor and shed strength, especially when his pad level rises.
Overall, Hall has some tweener traits and lacks consistency, but with additional coaching, he can be a matchup weapon thanks to his athletic versatility, body
length and disruptive nature. He projects as an NFL starting edge rusher who can slide inside in subpackages.
GRADE: 1st-2nd Round (No. 37 overall)
From the The Beast - 2022 NFL Draft Guide - The Athletic.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

This guy is undersized and proven NFL O-Linemen will eat him alive. I can't believe Licht passed on Wyatt to draft this guy!!!

2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
MJW

Post by MJW »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:19 pm Sorry MJW

Hopefully he’s better than Jones and an awesome Buc.
I'm 5% disappointed and 95% relieved/excited. Really solid pick. Great scheme fit. Some potentially elite traits. At worst - worst - he's a 30 snaps a game type across the entire D-line. More likely he's a future fixture at the 5T spot.
Let's roll another joint
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Here he is versus Cincinnati last year:

I mean, there's things to like. He's strong, he can take on a double team without embarrassing himself, and he can flash as a pass rusher on rare occasions.

But his inability to deal with mid-major offensive linemen is concerning. He doesn't use his length well, he's slow off the line, plays upright, his tools are nonexistent, and he handfights like a Greco-Roman wrestler, which is to say he doesn't at all. He gets caught up in the trash instead of disengaging from it and making plays.

You know who he reminds me of? A young Will Gholston.

I can see what we like though. He's a moldable piece of clay. If we taught him to play football instead of the MMA fighting he seems to prefer, I think he could be a decent rotational piece in the interior.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:26 pm This guy is undersized and proven NFL O-Linemen will eat him alive. I can't believe Licht passed on Wyatt to draft this guy!!!

Fans are hilarious. Like you really know the differences between the two and have scouted each of them.

You wanting the guy with off field concerns isn’t surprising though.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Bucs twitter account just announced Hall is wearing #90. So I think that says where things are at with JPP.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:33 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:26 pm This guy is undersized and proven NFL O-Linemen will eat him alive. I can't believe Licht passed on Wyatt to draft this guy!!!

Fans are hilarious. Like you really know the differences between the two and have scouted each of them.

You wanting the guy with off field concerns isn’t surprising though.
He's shitting on a second round pick because he's not a finished product. Fuck him.

Let's see what the kid can do.
Nano

Post by Nano »

He didn't even get the meme placement right
Snake

Post by Snake »

Alrighty then.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I was hoping DL would be our first pick; so I will be excited about Logan Hall until his play lets me down. LFG.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Noles1724 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:56 pm
This is such a mdb post
He was born after Brady was drafted!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I like this breakdown. I’m feeling better about this kid.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:17 am I like this breakdown. I’m feeling better about this kid.

Same
Snake

Post by Snake »

Cheb wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:33 pm
You know who he reminds me of? A young Will Gholston.

I can see what we like though. He's a moldable piece of clay. If we taught him to play football instead of the MMA fighting he seems to prefer, I think he could be a decent rotational piece in the interior.
Upon further review, I think Gholston is a great comp. They are very similar, physically, per official combine numbers. Gholston has 1.25" longer arms and slightly bigger hands. Allen can jump an inch higher. Everything else is the same. Gholston had a bunch more sacks in college, but that's too noisy to matter. I like the potential to slot in as a 3-4 DE sooner than later.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Logan Hall, DT (Round 2, No. 33 overall
Honorable mention: Zyon McCollum, CB

The tall, long, penetrating Hall next to Vita Vea in Tampa Bay. My goodness. Unfair. Hall was tied with Devonte Wyatt as my No. 1 interior defensive lineman this class mostly because of how dynamic he is out of the gates and his tremendous pass-rush move arsenal. Hall is a sneaky good pick for Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2022.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022 ... -32-teams/
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean there are a lot of reasons to be excited about Hall. He's got a lot of gifts. And he's in a great situation. He's literally the weakest link in the front 7. He sounds like he can "handle double teams", though I have my doubts on the pro level, and to his great luck he really should be facing plenty of one on ones. He'll be in the best position to make the most of all his snaps.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:16 am I mean there are a lot of reasons to be excited about Hall. He's got a lot of gifts. And he's in a great situation. He's literally the weakest link in the front 7. He sounds like he can "handle double teams", though I have my doubts on the pro level, and to his great luck he really should be facing plenty of one on ones. He'll be in the best position to make the most of all his snaps.
Yeah, I'm excited about this kid. He can play up and down the line. He can bounce to 5T on early downs and play 3T as a pass rusher.

You know who he reminds me a bit of? Cameron Jordan coming out of Cal. Like Hall, Jordan was a value because he was a bit of a tweener. But Jordan turned that into a strength. I think Hall could also.
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I think he's way more Gholston than Jordan but if he's any bit Jordan all the better for it.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:32 am I think he's way more Gholston than Jordan but if he's any bit Jordan all the better for it.
I don't get the Gholston comps, except for the general physique. Gholston was a finesse player at MSU. The book on him was, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." He struggled to disengage blockers. He tried to win with speed. He was a finesse player in a power player's body. Despite being 6'6 280 and a former five star recruit, he fell to the 4th round in a bad draft because there were serious doubts he had enough sand in his shorts to do mix it up in the NFL.

Hall is a power player in a power player's body, and he has some finesse too. He's powerful enough to play the zero, nifty enough to play the edge, and is noted for his physicality and violence at the POA. Gholston plays a ton from two-point. There will be very little of Hall from two-point, unless Bowles is throwing curveballs.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm still trying to figure out who would of took him in the 2nd.